Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright flash of light?

GlamGirl

Has anybody ever seen a flash of light in the top corner of a room that could not be explained?

Last night I came home at 10:15 I was walking in my room which was very dark the hall way was also dark I was using my cell phone to guide me down the hall way I did not want to turn the lights on and wake people up we have family staying over. My dog is behind me and I open my bed room door when all of the sudden there was this bright flash of light like a camera flash in the top right corner of my room above a book shelf this bright flash of light was almost ceiling level it lasted for a couple of seconds. It was so bright so intense I saw it straight on I could not believe it I was like what the heck is that my dog who was following me into my room I believe she saw this as well because she backed away and I found her in another bed room’s walk in closet hiding. My first instinct was to look out the windows. I have two windows in my room each window has blinds which were closed at the time as well as floor length curtains which were also closed. I open the window closest to where I saw the light look outside see nothing. Before I go to the other window I see the Curtin move I flip out and open the curtains pull the blinds up nothing of course. I live in a rural area my home is very far off the road I have never seen anything like this in my home personally although we have had things happen at the other home on the property which I have posted about here. With that said I decided to sleep in another bed room in the house when my sister came knocking on the door in my room telling me she heard this bizarre loud sound she could not explain in the kitchen she was quite scared which is unusual we live near Quantico marine base we deal with explosions on a daily basis but she said this was different.

I know I was not seeing things I feel my dog saw this light as well the way she reacted it was just so bizarre any comments would be appreciated

Edited by GlamGirl

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrLzs

• GlamGirl

• AllyReed

• Shouldthisexist

Has anybody ever seen a flash of light in the top corner of a room that could not be explained?

Last night I came home at 10:15 I was walking in my room which was very dark the hall way was also dark I was using my cell phone to guide me down the hall way I did not want to turn the lights on and wake people up we have family staying over. My dog is behind me and I open my bed room door when all of the sudden there was this bright flash of light like a camera flash in the top right corner of my room above a book shelf this bright flash of light was almost ceiling level it lasted for a couple of seconds. It was so bright so intense I saw it straight on I could not believe it I was like what the heck is that my dog who was following me into my room I believe she saw this as well because she backed away and I found her in another bed room?s walk in closet hiding. My first instinct was to look out the windows. I have two windows in my room each window has blinds which were closed at the time as well as floor length curtains which were also closed. I open the window closest to where I saw the light look outside see nothing. Before I go to the other window I see the Curtin move I flip out and open the curtains pull the blinds up nothing of course. I live in a rural area my home is very far off the road I have never seen anything like this in my home personally although we have had things happen at the other home on the property which I have posted about here. With that said I decided to sleep in another bed room in the house when my sister came knocking on the door in my room telling me she heard this bizarre loud sound she could not explain in the kitchen she was quite scared which is unusual we live near Quantico marine base we deal with explosions on a daily basis but she said this was different.

I know I was not seeing things I feel my dog saw this light as well the way she reacted it was just so bizarre any comments would be appreciated

Once as a kid there was a bright light that lasted for several seconds in my bedroom, but I had my eyes shut and was afraid to open them. If it had been caused by car headlights I would have heard the car passing. The way your dog reacted, I'd say you saw something out of the ordinary. Tough to say what it was.

Do you live a bombing area or was it lightning or a metor strike?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Since you live so close to Quantico is it possible they were testing something that you saw the flash and your sister heard the explosion. You don't mention that you heard anything. Are your room and the kitchen on the same side of the house?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Since you live so close to Quantico is it possible they were testing something that you saw the flash and your sister heard the explosion. You don't mention that you heard anything. Are your room and the kitchen on the same side of the house?

I called Quantico they have a wonderful “customer service” line well that is what we call it around here where they tell you directly if they are doing anything in your area. They had nothing last night according to them. As far as this house it is three levels well a main floor with bed rooms and bath rooms and an officer the fully finished basement is where our kitchen another bath room a living room and a home gym are. So my bed room on the 2nd floor is directly over the kitchen and I did not hear anything but when my sister did my room was empty. Thanks for your response

While away with Mr BLink and he was asleep I saw a momentary green flash at the bottom of our bed, it was maybe two foot long and a foot wide...it moved about a meter...I also thought I head tip toeing footsteps in there but I'm not certain as its an old barn house...he also tried sleep walking that night for the first time since he was quite young I think, I freaked out and bear hugged him back down into bed! That place was creepy...

Just because they say they didn't experiment doesn't mean they weren't! I think/guess! They could have mixed their info up?

• 2 years later...

One night I was awoken by my 3 yr old son who was sleeping behind me he kept like nuggen me in my back when I opened my eyes the room lite up with a bright blue flash of light. I knw what I seen I knw i wasn't seeing things so I sat straight up in the bed well aware of things now then it happened again the room lit up again with the same blue flash of light after tht I jumped out of bed and woke up my parents and told them what I had seen but what really got me is that when I walked back to the bedroom with my son he would not enter the room for anything.

I've seen similar things in my house before. It never really scares me, but I'm always confused and intrigued by it. I have yet to figure out what's causing it, but it's interesting that you've seen it, too.

yes indeed it kind of makes me wonder who is playing ninja but who knows, I also saw it, aliens maybe? after the flash of light I also ran to my window searching for anything but with no avail, I didn't hear anything though, only saw the flash this sure needs a research

I saw a bright flash of light once that came from outside. It was well after dark when this happened, scared me, turned out to be a meteor that exploded in the upper atmosphere. Knew someone that was outside when it happened and they said it lite things up like day.

hi! I have seen bright flashes of lights on 3 occasions. Once in my bedroom, and it was like someone just took a picture outside my window with flash on. Was weird...... then about 3 months later i saw it in a differant room,thought it came from outside again and from a camera, but no reason why people would be taking pics of my house.lol, so then i thought it was silent lightning..... :/ anyway, few more months, then i saw a light for a third time. This time in my kitchen. Was definitely inside the house, dont know if it was the same thing, but reminded me of the other times when i saw it.

Kind of sketching me out thinking about it now.... and i need to go out for a cig :(

I just had pretty much the same thing happen to me this morning at 5 in the morning. I just joined this forum to find out more about what I saw. The light flash lasted about 3 seconds for me and at first it was bright.florescent orange, then red, then blue, and the blinding white. I'm still shaken up about it. Could be a powerful spirit that used a lot of energy to create this light. Most spirits stay in orbs to save energy.

• 1 year later...

About the same thing happened to me today. I heard a loud crash, such as a loud clap, that was followed by a bright light in a corner of my house. The clap was so loud that it woke up everyone in my house. The light was at least 5 feet, starting from the floor, and so bright it looked like a firework of some sort. When I went to examine the corner where is happened for debris or just an explanation, I was left even more confused than before. No type of debris from a broken light or anything. Just no explanation whatsoever. I was the only one to actually see this happen, but as I said before, the noise woke everyone up. Has this happened to anyone? I swear I'm not on drugs.

• 1 year later...

It was just last night when me and mom we're getting ready to go to bed, I was on my laptop and I noticed from the side of my vision the door was opening and I thought it was my dad going to tell me to go to bed but no one was there, I thought my mom was asleep but she noticed it too, she said when I was on a business trip it has happen one time before, it was midnight so it was unsettling I had to use the bathroom and I left and came back in a hurry then I hugged my mom good night that's when we saw the orange light on the ceiling it lasted only a few seconds and we prayed, it felt like the longest night ever, And when I went to work today I thought I saw the same colored orange lights in the sky and street lamp but for one second. The one thing I remembered that scared me the most that my friend who's sensitive to spirits told me once before the incident had happen she felt something in my room,and the ceiling light is where it liked to be, that's where the flash of light had happen. I going to psychic hopefully I can update this pretty soon if I get any answers.

I saw a bright flash of light once that came from outside. It was well after dark when this happened, scared me, turned out to be a meteor that exploded in the upper atmosphere. Knew someone that was outside when it happened and they said it lite things up like day.

Apart from this, if a power line transformer blows, even several kilometres away, the flash can be quite blinding, eg:

They are also quite loud so if you are nearby, you will hear a very sharp bang. These things are quite common in suburban areas, usually in the form of big or small boxes on the sides of power poles, and the phenomenon is not all that rare. I've heard and seen two of these in the last 2 years.

Edited by ChrLzs

• 4 weeks later...

I had something similar happen to me. My friend and I were walking down a trail in the woods where there was no buildings or nearby roads, it was around 7:40 and had gotten dark quicker than usual. We were walking in silence when all of a sudden there was a bright flash of light directly above us. It was almost like someone had taken a picture except you can't climb the trees that surrounded us. I thought it was just my imagination because I've seen bright flashes of light before, but I still stopped moving to see if I could hear someone else walking. It was dead silent and my friend was like "Did you see that too?" I said maybe it was lightning or someone had taken a picture, but she said that she was looking up when it happened and nothing had passed through the sky. It was really strange and unnerving because it was like a a spotlight, too bright for a flash of a camera that was there a few seconds then gone.

Apart from this, if a power line transformer blows, even several kilometres away, the flash can be quite blinding, eg:

They are also quite loud so if you are nearby, you will hear a very sharp bang. These things are quite common in suburban areas, usually in the form of big or small boxes on the sides of power poles, and the phenomenon is not all that rare. I've heard and seen two of these in the last 2 years.

Ahh I have had the luck of hearing one before, can't lie in the middle of the night playing video games a loud bang will make you jump. The op said she was lighting the way with their phone. I know a lot of newer phones have the built in strobe settings to alert you about new texts, calls etc. you usually don't think about it when it's light out. Just another theory.

There was another thread about this but it was pretty inconclusive. The same thing kept happening above my sons bed a while back as well but it stopped so i never did figure out what it was.

• 1 year later...

This just happened to me. It was 3:30am, windows are covered with a thick blanket so my room is pitch black at night. I heard a noise, it woke me up but I didn't give it much thought. A couple mins later, if that, I hear a noise again. I open my eyes and just stare into the darkness when suddenly I see a flash of red light, right corner of my room at ceiling level. I know it wasn't sleep paralysis.  What the....

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎01 at 7:55 PM, recf2f said:

This just happened to me. It was 3:30am, windows are covered with a thick blanket so my room is pitch black at night. I heard a noise, it woke me up but I didn't give it much thought. A couple mins later, if that, I hear a noise again. I open my eyes and just stare into the darkness when suddenly I see a flash of red light, right corner of my room at ceiling level. I know it wasn't sleep paralysis.  What the....

Using exactly the same amount of explanatory logic as you just did, I can say with absolute surety it was sleep paralysis or a lucid dream.

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2010 at 9:53 AM, GlamGirl said:

Last night I came home at 10:15 I was walking in my room which was very dark the hall way was also dark I was using my cell phone to guide me down the hall way I did not want to turn the lights on and wake people up we have family staying over. My dog is behind me and I open my bed room door when all of the sudden there was this bright flash of light like a camera flash in the top right corner of my room above a book shelf this bright flash of light was almost ceiling level it lasted for a couple of seconds. It was so bright so intense I saw it straight on I could not believe it I was like what the heck is that my dog who was following me into my room I believe she saw this as well because she backed away and I found her in another bed room’s walk in closet hiding. My first instinct was to look out the windows. I have two windows in my room each window has blinds which were closed at the time as well as floor length curtains which were also closed. I open the window closest to where I saw the light look outside see nothing. Before I go to the other window I see the Curtin move I flip out and open the curtains pull the blinds up nothing of course. I live in a rural area my home is very far off the road I have never seen anything like this in my home personally although we have had things happen at the other home on the property which I have posted about here. With that said I decided to sleep in another bed room in the house when my sister came knocking on the door in my room telling me she heard this bizarre loud sound she could not explain in the kitchen she was quite scared which is unusual we live near Quantico marine base we deal with explosions on a daily basis but she said this was different.

This happened to me but it was a series of flashes, it was about 1 year ago my freshman year,  and it all started around 10ish I getting ready to go to bed and I turned of my xbox 360, then my brother walked out the room and then I heard the 360 turn back on and my brother was like I thought you turned that of I was like I did and then it turned back on then we started to get a lil freaked nut we were just like mmea strange but when we turn off the lights in the house and layed down a spark of light appeared for like half a second but it was completely silent and this spark appeared in every room in our house making its way to the kitchen, and when it got in the kitchen it flashed 3 to 5 times then our kitchen light turned on but the switch was so perfectly center its crazy we turned off the light and went back to bed

This one time i was walking through our old kitchen, and our celing fan started violently shooting bright pink/orange sparks everywhere... first time playing firefighter too

• 1 year later...

I need some help Rn im in bed and all of a sudden i see a flashing light as if someone was taking a picture outside my apartment(I live on third floor) but when i check no one is around the flashing light has been happening like every 5 to 10minutes and it sometimes stops for like some time more and continues and its no lighting i know for sure. I keep checking and i dont hear or see anything im kinda worried