Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you leave Earth or stay?

No worries man that's what the Romulan ale is is for ^_^ you won't remember a thing lol.

Come on Eldorado Troy was pretty yummy back in the day. However that mind reading thing would get me far to much trouble.

I don't know man, her *** was pretty flat and pancake-y. She definitely needed to do some squats. lol

I'd go, but only if I can take the wife with. Nothing here worth staying for (or ever seeing again) other than her.

Edited by Moonie2012

I don't know man, her *** was pretty flat and pancake-y. She definitely needed to do some squats. lol

True dat but I had a thing for older women as a teen lol

This is awesome! I really though the results of this poll would be inverted! (As in opposite of what they are)

I thought very few people would choose 'Go!'.

I guess the circles I travel in are not my kind of people! Ha ha

I would go for sure! I love earth but to be the one of the first to explore a new culture and planet would be amazing. Even if you could never return it would still be worth it.

I wonder if people had these discussions back before they discovered North America? For some reason I always draw the parallel between that and space exploration in my mind.

For some reason I always draw the parallel between that and space exploration in my mind.

I draw a parallel with the first time as a kid when you're allowed to travel a great distance on your own.

Like 6 miles or so.

With your mother fussing over you and acting all worried before you set off. lol

Dont Let the Hatch Hit me on the A$$ Im outta Here ! Even If its just :rolleyes: For Dinner!

I would defiantly invest in going, This scenario kind of reminds me when England had colonies in the "New world" and brought back native Americans, to show and teach them the advance world and technologies of post Renaissance England.

Edited by NecroWanderer

Option 3 is a cop-out.

"I'll only go exploring if it's guaranteed I will get home again"...???

pfft

Luckily, our real explorers never thought like that else nothing would ever have been discovered.

I would defiantly invest in going, This scenario kind of reminds me when England had colonies in the "New world" and brought back native Americans, to show and teach them the advance world and technologies of post Renaissance England.

That's a horrible comparison. I'm not sure what you know about the real story of the colonization of the Americas, but if anyone was advanced and civilized, even more technologically developed (in a few ways), it was the Amerindians, and especially North American ones (socially, with democracy and further developments taking centuries for the European colonists to adopt - BTW, the US government has admitted that their constitution and bill of rights is at least partly based on Amerindian ideas).

A good book on the subject is "The Noble Savage", Paul Daniel, I believe.

Edited by Druidus-Logos

I would go for sure! I love earth but to be the one of the first to explore a new culture and planet would be amazing. Even if you could never return it would still be worth it.

I wonder if people had these discussions back before they discovered North America? For some reason I always draw the parallel between that and space exploration in my mind.

It's not actually true that their was a world changing discovery of another "New World". Actually, several European countries were already long-aware of the Americas, a few even kept it secret to fish unmolested there. Not only that, but Asian countries had likely been there before.

I like the idea, but it's not likely. They DID think about other worlds before the Americas, though. ESPECIALLY explorers.

It's not actually true that their was a world changing discovery of another "New World". Actually, several European countries were already long-aware of the Americas, a few even kept it secret to fish unmolested there. Not only that, but Asian countries had likely been there before.

I like the idea, but it's not likely. They DID think about other worlds before the Americas, though. ESPECIALLY explorers.

Option 3 is a cop-out.

Yeah, isn't it? But, then, it does provide useful answers.

Edited by Druidus-Logos

I had to vote No Way. Number one, I don't want to live 200yrs more, and if I went and came back all my children would be dead by the time I got back. Besides that one edpisode of the Twilight Zone kinda sticks with me. Besides that this is my home and I would miss it. I would miss the green trees, the running creeks and rivers right by my home and my grandchildren and my children oh yea and my husband! OOps I don't want to forget him! I would miss my dogs and my crazy little pet robin, he would be lost without me!

I dunno, how many here remember the tagline " In space no one can hear you scream"?

Alien_movie_poster.jpg

As opposed to "On Earth, Everyone Can Hear You Scream....but no-one is interested"

I had to vote No Way. Number one, I don't want to live 200yrs more, and if I went and came back all my children would be dead by the time I got back. Besides that one edpisode of the Twilight Zone kinda sticks with me. Besides that this is my home and I would miss it. I would miss the green trees, the running creeks and rivers right by my home and my grandchildren and my children oh yea and my husband! OOps I don't want to forget him! I would miss my dogs and my crazy little pet robin, he would be lost without me!

Suppose you can take your pets, husband, children, and any other blood relatives needed? Suppose you can come back for vacations?

Life in the Universe, ma'am, is Universal Life. Each planet is a pearl of natural beauty, the most beautiful those with a sheen of biological activity. Ours has no monopoly on such joys as tree-analogues, rivers and creeks (many worlds have more), and all of the other wondrous trappings of Earth.

The Earth is wonderful. The universe, much more so. Too grand for the human mind to even grasp the fullness of its grandness, even just a little bit.

You've experienced Earth. What's wrong with seeing/feeling more? It's like saying you don't want to leave England because of pets, family, and the wonderful sights around England. What about the wonders the rest of the world over, and what about bringing others?

Marvelous - Love it. Keep 'em coming

Assuming I trust that I am not going to be served on a hot platter, or on ice for that matter, I'm in as long as I can take my lady friend.

Earth is a nice place but I'd really like to see something different one day...specially if I had the opportunity to study a completely different civilization.

I'd have to be in the situation to answer. Could I leave my loved ones behind? I really do not think so, despite the incredible opportunity.

Edited by psyche101

I'd have to be in the situation to answer. Could I leave my loved ones behind? I really do not think so, despite the incredible opportunity.

You are a very lucky guy :tu: I would say good bye and be off with tears in my eye but I have no kids or a wife to leave behind. Not that it bothers me I have been married twice :P

You are a very lucky guy :tu: I would say good bye and be off with tears in my eye but I have no kids or a wife to leave behind. Not that it bothers me I have been married twice :P

Thank you mate.

I do not think I would even go and take the kids if I could. When they hit maturity - well son, looks like you wife is going to be your sister.

They fight enough now!!

But they might hold it against me later.

Especially if it is this aliens that transform into Pamela Anderson's. (ever read about that one?)

Decisions, decisions!

Edited by psyche101

Thank you mate.

I do not think I would even go and take the kids if I could. When they hit maturity - well son, looks like you wife is going to be your sister.

They fight enough now!!

But they might hold it against me later.

Especially if it is this aliens that transform into Pamela Anderson's. (ever read about that one?)

Decisions, decisions!

However an advanced race that came here that was of a friendly and of a kind nature would have to take you and yours and there future needs into consideration. I have to look at this if it did happen they would be more then willing to make us very comfortable, if not then yikes.

i don't think I have ever really contemplated this since I was a kid but the wow factor would be......... damn I don't know. I would do what Richard Drifuse did in third encounters.

By the time some of you lot made up your minds, the ship would have left without you.