Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you leave Earth or stay?

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

They would have to be an extremly benevolent race whos bodies resembled Human, (Compatable) then I would go. REminds me of when our eternal spirit leaves the physical body. we are invited to diferent worlds to incarnate again.

Love Omnaka

I would Go Even in the event that I was Dinner ! At Least It would bee a Great Last Supper! :rolleyes:

I would Go Even in the event that I was Dinner ! At Least It would bee a Great Last Supper! :rolleyes:

If I was not Omnaka, I would be "Won'teatus" I have a feelig the vegitarian Grazers would be first. I kid,,, I'm a kidder sometimes.

Love Omnaka

If I was not Omnaka, I would be "Won'teatus" I have a feelig the vegitarian Grazers would be first. I kid,,, I'm a kidder sometimes.

Love Omnaka

Don'teatus, Are you a veggie?

Love Omnaka

Absolute YES = 50

Conditionally YES = 43

==========================

Absolute NO = 21

thewatchman7 Welcome to UM :) - I'll count your vote if you answer the question properly - I'm sorry - I don't know what to make of your answer.

People, please just post 'YES' or 'NO'

(I didn't even want the conditionals like, 'Yes, if I could come back'... in fact the original question was, '...if you can't come back')

Edited by Paxus

Absolute YES = 50

Conditionally YES = 43

Absolute NO = 21

thewatchman7 Welcome to UM :) - I'll count your vote if you answer the question properly - I'm sorry - I don't know what to make of your answer.

People, please just post 'YES' or 'NO'

(I didn't even want the conditonals like, 'Yes, if I could come back'... in fact the original question was, '...if you can't come back')

no :P they'll turn me into cattle if i go...

no :P they'll turn me into cattle if i go...

Being able to travel light years and thus having the technology to create/get anything they could ever want or need, they would turn you into cattle...

why?

for fun?

hmmmm?...

okaaay.....

Absolute YES = 50

Conditionally YES = 43

Absolute NO = 22

Being able to travel light years and thus having the technology to create/get anything they could ever want or need, they would turn you into cattle...

why?

for fun?

hmmmm?...

okaaay.....

Absolute YES = 50

Conditionally YES = 43

Absolute NO = 22

knowing nothing of there race and knowing how humans treat anything they consider less advanced than themselves, well surely you can see where im going with this.

So the Yes have it So Far ! Looks Like Mother Earth is going to Bee a Few Peep`s Short next week ! :innocent:

no they could turn on me.

Depends. They could pretend to be friendly, and I'd be pretty concerned about a "to serve man" type scenario. You know, the short story where aliens are taking people to their planet, and they never come back? People assume it's because they like it so much, especially when they find a book belonging to the aliens called "How to Serve Man". Well it turns out, man was on the menue, and it was a cookbook.

What if they have their own District 9?

• 2 months later...

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

I think I may go....Really.. It would be something I could do just for me.. The chance to explore something alien sounds exciting. I also would find a way to contact everyone else but, if not at least be able to see what I've always believed existed..

I'd reject their offer. I couldn't leave my loved ones here.

The premise is this:

I would leave the Earth to see the rest of our galaxy first hand, even if my life was not extended, I would still go, as long as I can take one person with me, so I wouldn't be the only human "specimen" on board, besides never coming back to this world is a gift unto itself.

That's a very good question. I would have to answer yes for one reason only. When will a chance like that ever come around again? The answer is probably never, so I can choose to stay here, which while interesting has limited possibilities or I can go with the aliens (who are hopefully friendly) and live a few hundred extra years and visit different planets including theirs and as a plus I would get to play with all kind of cool toys that I would never have access to here on Earth (man that's a long sentence isn't it?). That is not a hard choice. I would go. Yes, it would be a gamble, but then again so is every decision made in life. Here or out there, what's the difference? If you risk nothing, you gain nothing.

I said absolutely but would only do this if I could bring my husband and kids with me. Oh and my mom, dad, brother, neice. I'd have a harder time leaving family than I would the planet.

Exactly, leaving family would be a big problem for me. However, I also need rivers and trees, so I would want to know more about the new planet before leaving this one. If the environment were as pleasing to me as earth, I would consider leaving even if I had to leave alone, because I am old and know I will be leaving. To live longer and learn has appeal to me. I would of course have to write about it, and hope this communication would reach the people of earth, even if that could not happen in my life time.

A good video about this is called "Cocoon". Some old folks in assisted living, discover a swimming pool with cocoons in it. Swimming in the water makes them feel young again. Despite the fact that they unintentionally caused the beings in the cocoons to die, the aliens who return to get the beings in the cocoons, are friendly and the old folks go with them.

Edited by me-wonders

When I was 8 years old, I had the oppertunity to be abducted on a regular basis, it was the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced, they can make you feel pain without evben touching you, they can manipulate your mind to think thing's that you do not wish to, but they also have the power to put happy thought's in your head, at the time I was being severly neglected and abused by my parent's, and I beleive that has something to do with why the ET's chose me, that and I lived in a very rural area of Canada, Well I got to gain the ET's trust because I never put up a strugle, and i was able to veiw there ship and see there technology.

Well the last time I was abducted they told me that it will be the finale time, and that i wouldnt remeber much of anything happening, I begged them to take me with them, I told them that it would be better If I just left, they declined, and I said well atleast let me remeber all of this, and they did, but I think that was a big mistake for it has haunted me for my whole life, it is a feeling hard to describe, knowing there are other being's out there with technology that could reshape our world, and not knowing how to tell people, and being to ashamed, and a bunch of other emotion's, to this day I wonder what my life would be like if they had let me come with them, but I guess I would have been a huge pain in the but for them, if anyone has gone through something similar or who know's any informatiopn about these thing's please PM me and we can discuss that.

kitco out.

You only have the experiance to gain in going ! Beats the Heck outta frying here on Earth ! My towel is ready and even a bag or two extra nuts and my Hitchikers Guide to the Universe ,always a smart addition to bring along.

I do also agree we should all enjoy our lifes here but Look up and hitch a ride if we can! :tu:

back off. Your post is pointless and uncalled for, the guy has either really been abducted or has some serious mental health issues as result from his upbringing.

I am not Inbred, and I have never Murdered anyone, I dont know where you got that out of my Abduction report, I am Not A schitzophrenic, I am actually quite Normal, I grew up a Normal kid despite what happened at age 8-9 and I think it only made me stronger.

I only tell people these things about me because it is the truth, and people seek the truth sop if I can help anyone in there search for awnsers or maybe help other abductee's I will, I am past the stages of Hiding it, and Denial because i know the only way for someone to get over something is by letting go, and you cannot let go if you do not talk about it, I could carry it for the rest of my life, but I choose not to, I lived quit the Normal life, yes I had a rough upbringing, but my parents changed and so did I, I joined Cadet's and became a Provincial champion Boxer, and Had a short career in the Millitary, these are not things that crazy people do, but the other way around, I now live my life in relative peace, I dont know why I was abducted but I really dont care, and I really dont care if you beleive me or not, i dont care if you think I am crazy, because I know who I am, and I am very happy with where I am at today, despite my horible past, people get over things and move on, and pretty much the only reason I post my story is because I know there are other young people out there who may have had the same thing happen, and I know that I can help assure them everything will be ok, infact I have helped several people on this site alone, so am I crazy, no but even if I was that is no ones business but my own. thank you -kitco out.

I think it would be a pretty fair index of how contented with life people are, as to how they would answer this question. No-one who loves their life and those people and things in it, are going on any one-way rides into space. Tellya what, you ain't no loving human if you board this spaceship, just a self-absorbed sensation seeker. <_<

I would leave in the blink of an eye and never look back. I am so estranged to this world and don't believe I belong here anyway. I don't believe my soul is human. I don't know how I got trapped here. Maybe I died here on a visit and got trapped in this worlds reincarnation cycle instead of whatever place I really belong to. I can't say I feel much for this world. I just want to get the hell out of here.