Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you leave Earth or stay?

I finally have a COUNT!!!

Results are as follows:

Go in a heart-beat --- 41

No way -------------------- 20

Conditionals ------------- 37

What amazing results!

I expected the absolute yes' to be the LEAST!

(it's pretty much 100 votes so that means 41% would go!)

As Elderado said, people didn't read the poll properly - it was woud you go IF YOU CAN'T RETURN, so it was hard to categorise a lot of the answers...

People were saying Yes, if da da da...

I counted it as best I could. The conditionals include YES, if (could bring family, could return and any other Yes, if....) but were often so hard to interpret and several people were so vague in their reply that I couldn't put them in any category.

Damn this forum destroying my poll!

P.S> Answers I deemed stupid or vague didn't get counted

And if ChristopherTN is still checking this site, bless your little cotton socks!

What it looks like visualy:

GO IN A HEART-BEAT

NO WAY

CONDITIONAL

Considering Conditionals are technically still a 'Yes' to going, that means 78% would go!

Edited by Paxus

i would leave. If i have to go without friends and family so be it...just as long as i get to say goodbye.

Go in a heart-beat --- 43%

No way -------------------- 20%

Conditionals ------------- 37%

;)

Edited by Paxus

Go in a heart-beat --- 43%

No way -------------------- 20%

Conditionals ------------- 37%

;)

I expected way more people to go for the "No way" option :P

I expected way more people to go for the "No way" option :P

Me too!

I'm totally surprised that 79% want to go, with almost half of them not being an outright 'yes' only because they want the option to return or to be able to take loved ones with them.

I think I would stay. There are many more people more deserving than I am. Not to mention, I care about people here. Not only that but there are still many more beautiful places and mysteries to explore on earth.

• 6 months later...

I will leave, even if it will cause my family and friend hearbroken. But I think, beyond fear and pain, that there is something to be found.

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

I would go. Most definitely. Well... I would miss my family though. I would beg the aliens to let my husband and family come with me. lol

I would go but only if I could return to earth.

this seems like an obvious choice to me, i would absolutely go. i honestly cant think of a single reason not too

Family, Relationships and Friends are fantastic but memories last for ever, opportunities like this wouldn't stay open for long.

the chance to be the first or one of the only humans to see the diversity of the universe would be a truly unique and amazing experience.

Edited by The Metal

The premise is this:

Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.

Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

Hmmm...as long as I could call home to my dad then I would go so long as these aliens had the technology to rid me of my back problems.

I thirst for a new world, seeing new beings and learning of new perspectives from people who aren't of the same specific race as I am.

There is nothing for me here..no friends or anything so there would be nothing to keep me here BUT....they'd have to have a place where I can use my PS2 (Playstation 2..heheheheheheh...)

I would leave with pleasure, this god forsaken place called earth.

I'm not suprised at all that so many want to leave.

Pop culture and extremism in politics have convinced people that if they turn on the Bathroom light in the morning and flush the toliet and then drive to work, they've Killed the Earth!

Who wouldn't want to leave so that they can wake up in the morning and go to work without Killing a Planet? [/sarcasm]

IMO, Earth is the Greatest place to be and it would be that much better if people would just pickup their trash rather than daydream about leaving the Planet w/Aliens! :innocent:

I think I would stay. There are many more people more deserving than I am. Not to mention, I care about people here. Not only that but there are still many more beautiful places and mysteries to explore on earth.

Welcome to UM.

I don't see why you think other people are more deserving than you :(

Hmmm...as long as I could call home to my dad then I would go so long as these aliens had the technology to rid me of my back problems.

I thirst for a new world, seeing new beings and learning of new perspectives from people who aren't of the same specific race as I am.

There is nothing for me here..no friends or anything so there would be nothing to keep me here BUT....they'd have to have a place where I can use my PS2 (Playstation 2..heheheheheheh...)

Sorry to hear you feel you have no friends here.

Well you can consider us at UM your firends (I'm sure I can speak for the others too!)

Which part of the world are you in?

Edited by Paxus

So 88 people would leave Earth! (With 40 of those 88 setting conditions on their decision to depart).

Break-down:

Go in a heart-beat --- 48

No way -------------------- 21

Conditionals ------------- 40

I'd definitely go, all things pass, if I don't go because of what I'll miss on earth I'm kidding myself, I'll live a life I know pretty well enough about already and then at the grave it'll end.

Or, I travel interstellar space live a life I know nothing about and collect a couple hundred years to take in the wider range of experience then at the grave, I'll end up in some alien mueum possibly in some form of stasis as "the guest" and have a historically memorable context for however many millions/billions/gazillions of these aliens there are to muse or theorise over, look out earthlings not sure I'm gonna be leaving a good impression ...:rofl:

Edited by libstaK

I'd go if I could take my Harley with me.

Odie :gun:

nope, there only taking you to eat back home. your a walking talking happy meal.

If, I could survive on their planet. Then, yes I would. But, then I'd also would have to think about my family. Would I want to leave them? No, I wouldn't. But, I realize that there's so much more that this world could be if only the truth was known by the public. But, seeing that's not gonna happen anytime soon I would leave and find another place to live that lives in truth not lies. And I'd ask the aliens if my family can come with me if they want. Or, if I could visit them on the holidays,or just visit them just to visit them.

I would go once i get older so i could see most of Earth before leaving, and if i could come back to Earth and chose when then i would maybe go, but all the citizens that see me would think i was some mutant weirdo :alien: