Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Car , solved 100%

Sakari

I know there was a topic about the "ghost car" , the one caught on police footage that "went through the fence"....

On one of the posts , I had mentioned that 2 police officers work for a paranormal group there , I wrote them , and finally got a answer...So , here ya go : This is on of the police officers that was on that chase....Pretty funny how none of this was on that fact or fake show :)

sorry it took so long to get back, i just checked our email and we had about 5000 messages on it. i have been out of town and one of our other members was supposed to be keeping up. the video was on sci-fi about two weeks ago on a new show. its totally natural causes. the car ran into the fence, and went under the links. when the patrol car turned the corner the fence had come back down and it looked like he just materialized through it. we get about 20 inquires a month on that video. i had just started working here when that happened and i was about 20 seconds behind the chase car. it perplexed us until we went up and looked at the fence and saw what happened. so definately no ghost.

ben- SCPIR founder

Well , yet another "mystery" solved with a little time and effort.....Sorry if anyone thought it was a true ghost car blush.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• lookingfortruth

• Moonie2012

• sinewave

Well where is the car?

really?.....One of the officers wrote that , I did not ask where it was , no need to....Arghhhhhh...Why would he lie?....I give up.

Mystery solved , case closed.......

If you want to know where the car is email them , I am sure they will answer you , they did me , took a few weeks....It got away for one....duh.

I remember arguing with someone here who claimed they wouldn't show that clip on TV if the cops actually knew what happened, and claimed it was a truly unsolved mystery.

Oops, I was right again.

Edited by Moonie2012

Well where is the car?

Through the fence, onto another street, and home free. Surprised the cops didn't have some kind of perimeter set up. Fail cops.

Well where is the car?

Maybe the cops don't actually know how the car disappeared, but they offer an explanation so that people will stop emailing.

So much for my bubble being bursted. I did have hopes but reality just had to stp in. Well, good job by the police and a "thank you" for their reply.

Nice job Sakari but I am sure it won't stop some from believing anyway.

What if I said you're lying :)

Anyone can type a few words pretending to be a police officer, how is this proof?

My curiosity on this matter has been sated :)

Anyone can type a few words pretending to be a police officer, how is this proof?

You raise a valid point. But in my experience here Sakari has been a straight shooter and has never seemed prone to just making stuff up so I am inclined to believe him. Even without his input, I would still not accept the idea of a ghost car even with that video as evidence. Not that it is the same thing but I watched a deer run under a seemingly solid cyclone fence in the same fashion as described by Sakari's officer. The deer pushed the mesh upward and it slid up the poles allowing him plenty of room to pass under. When the fence came back down it looked just as solid as it did before. Not all cyclone fences will move like that, just loose, sloppy ones.

Edited by sinewave

LOL - even after the cop admits what happened and that fact or fake show PROVED it could happen like he said it did, people still believe in the ghost car.

Amazing. Mind numbing and completely depressing, but amazing.

You raise a valid point. But in my experience here Sakari has been a straight shooter and has never seemed prone to just making stuff up so I am inclined to believe him.

Doesn't matter.

If anyone came here with some kind of quote said by someone with any kind of power, even coming from a reputable member attempting to prove the paranormal, everyone would be on top of them in a second calling them a liar and instantly trying to debunk whatever "proof" they had. Just because this isn't a topic trying to prove the paranormal doesn't mean it doesn't require solid evidence. This isn't proof and doesn't prove that the video is fake.

LOL - even after the cop admits what happened and that fact or fake show PROVED it could happen like he said it did, people still believe in the ghost car.

Why don't you show these people the proof? I don't see any to be honest with you.

I could also PROVE that it'd be possible for me to have died yesterday, but it doesn't mean I did. That's not proof of anything either.

Edited by lookingfortruth

I know there was a topic about the "ghost car" , the one caught on police footage that "went through the fence"....

On one of the posts , I had mentioned that 2 police officers work for a paranormal group there , I wrote them , and finally got a answer...So , here ya go : This is on of the police officers that was on that chase....Pretty funny how none of this was on that fact or fake show :)

Well , yet another "mystery" solved with a little time and effort.....Sorry if anyone thought it was a true ghost car blush.gif

Good solid detective work Sakari, if we are going to make any progress with this subject, we have to be prepared to rule out the 'normal' :blush:

My best

Encounter85

Doesn't matter.

If anyone came here with some kind of quote said by someone with any kind of power, even coming from a reputable member attempting to prove the paranormal, everyone would be on top of them in a second calling them a liar and instantly trying to debunk whatever "proof" they had. Just because this isn't a topic trying to prove the paranormal doesn't mean it doesn't require solid evidence. This isn't proof and doesn't prove that the video is fake.

Why don't you show these people the proof? I don't see any to be honest with you.

I could also PROVE that it'd be possible for me to have died yesterday, but it doesn't mean I did. That's not proof of anything either.

If the two explanations were even close to equal on the probability scale you might have a point but they are not. It is far more likely the fence yielded to the car than the car was some kind of ghostmobile. I don't know for sure if Sakari's highly probable explanation is honest or correct but I am even less sure of the existence of ghost cars. For the time being anyway, I will accept Sakari's account of the event as the most likely explanation. The depressing and mind numbing thing here is that some people see the reverse as more likely.

Fair enough.....

Do what I do , actually look for clues...The "Fact or Fake" show , whatever it is called is what got me going again on this...I found that a Paranormal Group , in the same town , has 2 or 3 police officers that work there....So , being the dumb amateur detective I am , I found their website.....I than emailed them with my question about the police ghost car chase.....I forgot about it and 3 weeks later I recieved the email I posted , copy/pasted.......That email was from one of the officers involved in the chase.......

If you think I am lying here is what you can do.....Find the paranormal group like I did , email them , hell....Call them if you want...You will get the same exact response I did I am sure.....If you really want to , call the police station there , I am 100% sure you will get the same answer......I will let you attempt to do this on your own , if you have troubles I will give you the links and the phone numbers.....

It is really not that hard to do a little investigating....Funny , a "skeptic" does a 15 minute research , finds the answer , and gets accused of lying...Amazing.....

Remember the " thing washed ashore" , I wrote the department of wildlife in that country , and I posted what it was.....See , skeptics look for answers , and do not just "assume" , and "believe" the un-obvious.....If we find the answer , great....If not , than more work is needed to find it.......

I found your answer , if you want to call me a liar ,than why don't you post a contradicting explanation by a officer there , and I will gladly copy/paste your reply to that officer......

Your choice , look for yourself without help , ask me for links and phone numbers , or post a fake reply and call a public officer a liar....

amazing......Makes me wonder if I should even post anything that actually answers a topic here with facts.........And believers call us "skeptics" rude........

Fair enough.....

Do what I do , actually look for clues...The "Fact or Fake" show , whatever it is called is what got me going again on this...I found that a Paranormal Group , in the same town , has 2 or 3 police officers that work there....So , being the dumb amateur detective I am , I found their website.....I than emailed them with my question about the police ghost car chase.....I forgot about it and 3 weeks later I recieved the email I posted , copy/pasted.......That email was from one of the officers involved in the chase.......

If you think I am lying here is what you can do.....Find the paranormal group like I did , email them , hell....Call them if you want...You will get the same exact response I did I am sure.....If you really want to , call the police station there , I am 100% sure you will get the same answer......I will let you attempt to do this on your own , if you have troubles I will give you the links and the phone numbers.....

It is really not that hard to do a little investigating....Funny , a "skeptic" does a 15 minute research , finds the answer , and gets accused of lying...Amazing.....

Remember the " thing washed ashore" , I wrote the department of wildlife in that country , and I posted what it was.....See , skeptics look for answers , and do not just "assume" , and "believe" the un-obvious.....If we find the answer , great....If not , than more work is needed to find it.......

I found your answer , if you want to call me a liar ,than why don't you post a contradicting explanation by a officer there , and I will gladly copy/paste your reply to that officer......

Your choice , look for yourself without help , ask me for links and phone numbers , or post a fake reply and call a public officer a liar....

amazing......Makes me wonder if I should even post anything that actually answers a topic here with facts.........And believers call us "skeptics" rude........

To be fair Sakari, he did not call you a liar he merely asked what would happen if he did. The flaw in his logic is in asserting that the fantastic and the mundane are on equal logical footing.

You definitely lead the league in the creepy avatar department. :)

Edited by sinewave

To be fair Sakari, he did not call you a liar he merely asked what would happen if he did. The flaw in his logic is in asserting that the fantastic and the mundane are on equal logical footing.

You definitely lead the league in the creepy avatar department. :)

I guess he found out what would happen if he did thumbsup.gif

I shoot from the hip gunsmilie.gif

I can not remember why , or how I found this avatar :) ....I almost want it to be our Angel "Sakari" , but this av seems to fit me :)

I guess he found out what would happen if he did thumbsup.gif

I shoot from the hip gunsmilie.gif

I can not remember why , or how I found this avatar :) ....I almost want it to be our Angel "Sakari" , but this av seems to fit me :)

:tu:

I saw the show where they reenacted it and proved the car could, indeed, go under the fence. They video taped it with the same angles and all that jazz - it was a dead-on copy. I guess you missed it.

After hearing from the cop AND seeing the event copied, anybody who still clings to the idea it was a "ghost car" is, frankly, an idiot.

I really don't think you believe it was a "ghost car", though - you're just arguing because the opportunity is there.

Edited by Moonie2012

I saw the show where they reenacted it and proved the car could, indeed, go under the fence. They video taped it with the same angles and all that jazz - it was a dead-on copy.

I guess you missed it.

You're right, I did. That still doesn't prove the police officer's statement though

Again, that's not proof. I know this already, you said it before.

As a non-skeptic, it's not my job to prove your points.

Psi balls are real, trust me, they're real. All you have to do is meditate for 2 hours daily for a year and you'll be able to make them. If you have any trouble I can give you pointers if you want

Still doesn't change the fact that if you were trying to prove something paranormal everyone would've been on you in a matter of seconds. Just because you're trying to prove the normal doesn't excuse you from having to bring evidence.

Yes, me the non-skeptic am a vegitable, I believe everything anyone tells me. And I can't even spell vegitable right!

This wouldn't change anything. If I took that as proof it would defeat the point of my argument.

And believers call us "skeptics" rude........

I did? Where?

Edited by lookingfortruth

You're right, I did. That still doesn't prove the police officer's statement though

Again, that's not proof. I know this already, you said it before.

As a non-skeptic, it's not my job to prove your points.

Psi balls are real, trust me, they're real. All you have to do is meditate for 2 hours daily for a year and you'll be able to make them. If you have any trouble I can give you pointers if you want

Still doesn't change the fact that if you were trying to prove something paranormal everyone would've been on you in a matter of seconds. Just because you're trying to prove the normal doesn't excuse you from having to bring evidence.

Yes, me the non-skeptic am a vegitable, I believe everything anyone tells me. And I can't even spell vegitable right!

This wouldn't change anything. If I took that as proof it would defeat the point of my argument.

I did? Where?

I hope to God , all of this is sarcasm.....If not , you need some serious help......

I hope to God , all of this is sarcasm.....If not , you need some serious help......

I'll let you decide what is and what isn't