Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Reincarnation Theory

Rickety

My fellow explorers of the unknown. I would like to share with you a theory I have about the afterlife. I hope you enjoy it and leave constructive feedback, however, destructive feedback is always welcome so I know what to improve on. This is my first time posting up a theory about anything and I've put a lot of hard work into it, I've been studying reincarnation and learning about past lives so that I can broaden my knowledge on the subject and form this theory. Enjoy lol

So many religion believe in the concept of reincarnation, the act of dying in one body and being reborn into another, thus keeping life sort of recycled if you will. Well what if that's not all there is too it? What if we subconsciously choose the bodies we inhabit? For example, there are many reports of people having loved ones die, they get a new pet and they start acting exactly like the deceased, with no explanation. What if when we die, we choose the body to go for? We wait for the right moment and then when we die, we choose a body that is suitable, or one close to our loved ones. Maybe our souls linger on the Earth and we walk around until we find a new body, and take it? It may sound crazy to you and you may think I'm completely and totally nuts. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I started forming this theory when I was in 11th grade and I'm still not completely done with it, it just sort of hit me like an epiphany one day and I decided to explore it.

I don't know, it may not o it for you, but it makes sense to me.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ayvah

• Agent. Mulder

• Rickety

• H.H. Holmes

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing "crazy" when it comes to speculating about the afterlife. There could be so many different things that might happen, yet we have no proof of any of them.

Perhaps, we do pick our bodies, as you say, or some other force might decide what body we are reincarnated in. I guessing that most people don't come back as a pet or a newborn in their own family, so maybe we have no control over the selection. One would guess that more people would come back as a life close to their loved ones.

Edited by H.H. Holmes

There is nothing "crazy" when it comes to speculating about the afterlife. There could be so many different things that might happen, yet we have no proof of any of them.

Perhaps, we do pick our bodies, as you say, or some other force might decide what body we are reincarnated in. I guessing that most people don't come back as a pet or a newborn in their own family, so maybe we have no control over the selection. One would guess that more people would come back as a life close to their loved ones.

True, but what if they wanted to experience life through another perspective?

True, but what if they wanted to experience life through another perspective?

That is a possibility, too. People who weren't satisfied by their past life might try living in another body somewhere else. I'm just going by my thoughts on how most people would react if given the choice of being close to their former family or not. We form strong bonds with the people who we live with, especially family, so leaving them would be hard for many people, I would assume.

Edited by H.H. Holmes

That's an interesting theory, AngelsShadow.

One thing that might interest you is the concept that some pagan belief systems hold - reincarnation usually, if not always, occurs within a bloodline.

I personally think that reincarnation is a very likely possibility. But it's really difficult to work out the ifs, buts and hows, at times (well, all of the time :P).

That is a possibility, too. People who weren't satisfied by their past life might try living in another body somewhere else. I'm just going by my thoughts on how most people would react if given the choice of being close to their former family or not. We form strong bonds with the people who we live with, especially family, so leaving them would be hard for many people, I would assume.

But they wouldn't remember them in the next life. So with this knowledge of forgetting, people could choose to erase years of heartache and not getting along with their family and start over.

But they wouldn't remember them in the next life. So with this knowledge of forgetting, people could choose to erase years of heartache and not getting along with their family and start over.

Yes, that would make sense for those who didn't have a happy past life or those who rather follow a different path.

Although, if we forget about our past lives and the lessons that we learned, isn't the whole process a little redundant? I would like to think that there is something to gain from reincarnation or a state of spiritual maturity that could be reached. If we never gain anything from the numerous lives we led, then I don't see a reason for the process.

You might as well just create a new soul, instead of using a soul that already exists. I mean what makes our spirit unique if we don't have memories or any permanent characteristics? We would be blank slates with nothing on them.

My fellow explorers of the unknown. I would like to share with you a theory I have about the afterlife. I hope you enjoy it and leave constructive feedback, however, destructive feedback is always welcome so I know what to improve on. This is my first time posting up a theory about anything and I've put a lot of hard work into it, I've been studying reincarnation and learning about past lives so that I can broaden my knowledge on the subject and form this theory. Enjoy lol

Lets say, constructive criticism.

So many religion believe in the concept of reincarnation, the act of dying in one body and being reborn into another, thus keeping life sort of recycled if you will. Well what if that's not all there is too it? What if we subconsciously choose the bodies we inhabit? For example, there are many reports of people having loved ones die, they get a new pet and they start acting exactly like the deceased, with no explanation. What if when we die, we choose the body to go for? We wait for the right moment and then when we die, we choose a body that is suitable, or one close to our loved ones. Maybe our souls linger on the Earth and we walk around until we find a new body, and take it? It may sound crazy to you and you may think I'm completely and totally nuts. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I think this idea was mentioned in past lives thread on here. The question is, why choose a poor child in africa with aids?

Also, there dogs acting like dead loved ones is speculation right now, and more coincidence (if anything at all).

Its not crazy to think they linger (thus resulting in Ghost Experiences) until a new body is found. Maybe thats why people see ghosts of all centuries, as these ones are Still Waiting for their next vessel.

Reincarnation can't be limited to a single group of people based on religion or culture (such as Buddhists, Hinduists and Taoists among them), but the theory on ghosts or spirits roam the earth seeking a new host and selecting a person who's gonna be a parent is a possibility.

The belief of reincarnation from souls remaining on earth is common in East Asian societies. In Japan esp. in the Shintoist religion, lots of people believe in ghosts of bygone family members or loved ones still inhabit relatives' houses and ancestral worship is met to respectively appease them. Somehow, the Japanese also believe in demon-like spirits still roam in our world of reality to commit harm on the living.

I read about a Scientific study on the matter of reincarnation is likely genetic: a person can remember their ancestral lives by genes or DNA that carries "memory" to the next generation: Great-grand/grandparent to parent to child to grand/great-grandchild, so one may remember an event long ago they didn't exist in by genetic inheritance of certain past "memories".

I read about a Scientific study on the matter of reincarnation is likely genetic: a person can remember their ancestral lives by genes or DNA that carries "memory" to the next generation: Great-grand/grandparent to parent to child to grand/great-grandchild, so one may remember an event long ago they didn't exist in by genetic inheritance of certain past "memories".

I would Really like to see that study. Grab a link if you can.

IMO, if this was indeed the case, it would account for the so called "memories" as you stated, and possibly even the feeling of deja vu in some cases.

I didn't know if I should post this in topic "reincarnation theory" or not, so I just decided to make a new topic. I apologize if it should be in the said previous topic.

The concept of reincarnation makes me feel conflicted. The religion I was brought up to believe in does NOT believe in reincarnation but my father told me this story once that totally threw my beliefs off kilter (sp?).

I need to explain my father and my parents relationship first. He is the sort of man that will drive miles back to a store if they give too much change. I've never heard him tell a lie, and I don't know anyone who has ever doubted what he says to be anything but concrete. He is about as honest as it gets. He is the kindest man I have ever known and will give you the shirt off his back. He has been a paver (builds roads) since the age of 14 (he just celebrated his 60th bday). He has been sought out by equipment manufacturers, asphault companies, etc. to be a part of their team because he is considered on the best at what he does. My parents have been married for over 30 years now and I am convinced that they are soul mates. Everytime I see him look at my mother, you can just feel how devoted he is to her, how much she means to him, how truly 'in love' he is with her after all those year. It is inspiring. Anyways, to the story.

When my parents were first married they went and had their palms read or something. Some sort of reading anyways. My mother is a huge believer in things like that, but my father is more, well lets just say, logical for the lack of a better word. So this psychic was going off about all these things and then she told them this (keep in mind she knew absolutely nothing about my parents.) She said that a long time ago in greece, in another life, they were married. She said that they had 9 children and that they were very in love. She said my father was a very honest hard working man. She said that be built roads for a living. Spooky I know, but it gets better. She said that one day while my father was working, some guards (or something, I cant remember what they were other than they had some sort of authority) were beating up a poor begger man for stealing food to feed his family. My father went to try and help this man and stop the guards from killing him and in the process they killed my father.

So, what do I believe? Do I believe the church that has taught me that we have one shot at living and then thats it? Or do I believe the man that has never sent me astray, that has never lied to me, and a man that has proven his character to me time and time again? How do I believe a church that says that reincarnation is not true when this woman totally had my father pegged. How did she know that he was a road builder? How did she know that he would be the kind of man to die trying to save another?

Any thoughts? Your comments would be much appreciated.

Experience is experience. It's the true coin of the realm and the one thing that can never be taken away from you once gained.

I seriously doubt it's possible to learn all there is to be had here on the Physical plane in one turn. Soul being of both male and female aspects has to experience both here.

First of all, I believe in reincarnation.

However, most strangers are observant enough to figure out if a person is kind or cruel. Perhaps he had a burn on his hand from hot tar or a spot on his boots or she just picked a kinda average Grecian job and it was coincidence that he was that job in his current life. Do people always have the same job in different lives? Probably not.

Or do I believe the man that has never sent me astray, that has never lied to me, and a man that has proven his character to me time and time again?

The fortune teller or psychic? 'Cause he's the one who said all that stuff about reincarnation.

First of all, I believe in reincarnation.

However, most strangers are observant enough to figure out if a person is kind or cruel. Perhaps he had a burn on his hand from hot tar or a spot on his boots or she just picked a kinda average Grecian job and it was coincidence that he was that job in his current life. Do people always have the same job in different lives? Probably not.

The fortune teller or psychic? 'Cause he's the one who said all that stuff about reincarnation.

My father.. He would never have told me if he didn't think that there was some truth in what this fortune teller told him

thank you for the feedback

Edited by ckruse

Maybe we should merge these two topics? Yours and angelshadows.

Maybe we should merge these two topics? Yours and angelshadows.

Yeah, thats what I initially thought but this post isnt really about angelshadows theory. Whatever works for everyone else though.. we can do that for sure... how to do that I have no idea.. lol

Yeah, thats what I initially thought but this post isnt really about angelshadows theory. Whatever works for everyone else though.. we can do that for sure... how to do that I have no idea.. lol

I just meant to merge them because of the similarities, and so we can get everyones theories all together in one thread.

Curious as to what they all have to say.

I sent a mod a PM about a merger just in case.

*edit* do you think animals can reincarnate/choose? Or are they simply human spirits now, in that body.

Edited by Agent. Mulder

I can merge them if that is what you would like. Although Ckruse you seem to have a specific question/angle in mind, so they can remain separate if you want to keep the focus on your question.

I can merge them if that is what you would like. Although Ckruse you seem to have a specific question/angle in mind, so they can remain separate if you want to keep the focus on your question.

They can be merged. It honestly doesn't matter to me. People will express how they feel about it either way. I just didn't want to take over someone elses thread to be honest. I thought it may be rude but if you guys think they are similar enough then by all means :)

You should read books by Dr. Ian Stevenson. He has documented cases were childeren remember past lives and he verified that their memories appear to be true. In other words, there is at least some science that supports reincarnation.

You should read books by Dr. Ian Stevenson. He has documented cases were childeren remember past lives and he verified that their memories appear to be true. In other words, there is at least some science that supports reincarnation.

I will look into that, ty for the suggestion.

I personally dont know if that would be called "scientific evidence" for the subject. Although, id sure like to see how the claims were substantiated here. What they constitute as evidence.

That is a very interesting story Ckruse. I think that my theory and this story are more in tune with each other than you may think though. Think about this. If it were uncontrollable as to which body we go back into then he may have not ended up with your mother again. I think that maybe he chose this body and she chose that body so that they would be close together, because when you're in love with someone they leave a huge impact on your soul, and if that sort of thing is left then you're going to want to be with them for all eternity, so the term "soulmate" is pretty much taken literally.