Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

flashes of blue light

gordie

2 hours ago, Voltron said:

Hello, 

My wife and I are in Germany in a farm like area with almost no big cities around.

What area exactly? - so we can check the weather.

We were on our way home

In a car?  If so, it's not surprising you would not hear any sound.

just after midnight (everything is pitch black) when a bright blue, laser like flash lit up the near sky in a millisecond. The light seemed to originate somewhere hovering between the clouds and the ground. It was a small, blue colored ball that resembled the color of a blue LED, and it was consistent through and through, never turning white. It appeared to expand in an explosion of light that lit everything up in that blue color, and then went completely black again.

Sounds to me like either a 'head-on' lightning strike, or a transformer explosion that could have been on a power pole or on the ground.

The problem with thinking that you saw the source, is that such a flash will reflect off everything from mist and fog thru to clouds, street or advertising signs, etc..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Blue flashes in the air sounds a lot like ionizing air. It sounds eerily like the blue flash that appears when radioactive matter reaches critical mass, and ionizes the air around it. One of you mentioned a military bombing site? Perhaps it's natural air particle ionization, or maybe that bomb site doesn't just use conventional bombs....

• 1 year later...

My better half and I have been seeing blue flashes of light over the top of our hot tub at night for months.  we saw three occurrences just last light. Out hot tub is made of plastic. I appears for only a fraction of a second. We both see it at the same time and appears at different locations in close proximately. One night my better half saw it clearly as an orb moving slowly to the right. All I can think is it is some sort of electrical discharge created from the hydrogen escaping from the hot water vapor that got ignited from a static discharge in the air? Pretty strange. Interesting other people are seeing a similar phenomenon.The only other association I noticed is an increase in sunspot activity and Northern lights. Possibly it could be related? 

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...

I was in my living room about to watch a movie with my family, I got up to go prepare  some snacks when this big bright blue flash appeared, I just about walked into it but leaned back in fear, and all that came out of my mouth was , "whoaahh"...I looked back at my husband to see if he also say it, and he did! Then I watched it close up ..the light just kept getting small until it was gone...I can still hear the noise it made as it closed..it literally sounded like zoooooom

• Thanks 1

I personally had this white blue flash of light happen to me too!! My friend and I were walking from SF State University to my house down the street. We finally got to my house and as we were walking toward my left neighbor’s sidewalk, I seen a blue/white flash appear for 1 second around my car that was parked in my driveway. After that 1 second, it disappeared like a tv shutting off... like those old TVs that has the center have an oval that suddenly turns black when u turn off the older TVs . I tried to think about what I just saw and didn’t really think much of it until my friend said “ did u see that” and I said YES, what was that? She suggested either a ufo or a spirit. 

Personally, I had a feeling it was a UFO. I heard of abductees see ufos flash into thin air and that would explain how it disappeared like when u turn off a tv. Reading all of these stories made me realize that the colors were definitely lighter on the outside and darker light blue in the middle. If u want to see more search up hypnotherapist specifically for abductees. 

Edited by alessandra.sanfrancisco

On 8/10/2010 at 12:20 AM, gordie said:

something strange has been happening to me and my wife over the last month. i'm writing this with the hope of finding an explanation and/or others who have experienced this. this post may be a bit long but i'd appreciate any and all feedback.

it started just over a month ago. me and my wife were walking home from the store at about 11pm. suddenly a very quick, blue flash [that was angled from the sky just to our left] caught our attention. we stood there confused for a moment and then looked for the source. we could see nothing that could have made that flash. also, the flash was consistently lit, almost like an LED light. it felt focused and almost beam-like. but that also could just be afterthoughts and exaggeration.

anyway, we shrugged it off until a week later when i was walking home from a different store at about 4 am. a was walking on the sidewalk, in front a stores big front window, when that same flash came out of the sky again. it reflected in the window and i swear i saw a little black box at the source, but, that might have also been a trick of the light in the reflection.

about a week after that my wife went to a BBQ in portland [we live in vancouver, wa.] and just after dark she happened to look across the street and saw that blue flash. this time though, there was a flash followed by two bottom flashes, making a triangle. what made this special was that a few of her friends saw the flash as well. she crossed the street to look for the source and found nothing. later that night she went to a bar with some friends and took a table outside. she was again flashed by the same light, angled from the sky.

the last incident happened almost 2 weeks ago when i was walking home from the store again. it was earlier than the other times, about 9pm. just as i left the parking lot of the store i had that same blue flash again. this time there were 2 flashes at the same time, one to my right and one to my left. in the same second 3 car alarms went off and my phone made a loud crazy tone. when i checked my phone it had an error messege i have never seen something about "sorry, cannot access this program". i had to pull my battery to get the tone to stop.

i've considered lightning but this seems unlikely considering how many times we've expercienced these flashes AND that they have happened in other area with other witnesses. also, there have only been a handful of days with weather to produce lightning. ive thought of meteors too, but again the coincidense seems too unlikely.

i'm a big guy, dont get scared much. but this has me pretty concerned for me and my wife's safety. i'm not just looking for some paranormal reasoning but am running out of reasonable answers or thoughts. so please, anyone with any ideas please let me know.

thanks,

gordie

I had the same encounter like yours! I’m number #33, it was close to my car and it was when my friend and I were walking home. I’m pretty sure it is a ufo, I’ve heard of ufos disappearing in an instant when they don’t want to be seen 

3 hours ago, alessandra.sanfrancisco said:

I had the same encounter like yours! I’m number #33, it was close to my car and it was when my friend and I were walking home. I’m pretty sure it is a ufo, I’ve heard of ufos disappearing in an instant when they don’t want to be seen 

You quoted someone from 10 years ago. Not likely they'll respond. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Let me tell you something about what I seen last night, I watched television till about 11pm, and I had a pretty normal day, everything was smooth, and everything is pretty normal around here, 

I live in Denmark in the Rural Area, surrounded by big open fields. at the time im writing this the ground has been turned over on the fields, the temperature stays foremost above freezing here, and in general there isn't much light pollution here, okay so anyways, I go to bed at around 11pm, and I somehow manage to stay awake till 2.30am, some odd reason I still have energy which I normally dont, at this particular time I would be sleeping by now, so im laying there watching a YouTube Tutorial, and my room is the farthest room in the house on the second story, so im laying there holding my ipad up as im watching this video, and its about 2:35am now, I happened to catch a strong glimpse of a bluish light at my window, and note my windows are doubled layered so theres actually four windows in one, so for this light to catch my attention it would have to be pretty bright, anyways so I instantly knew that something was out of the ordinary, ive seen multiple thunder-storms and ive encountered a lot of thunder in my life, and know the precise color of it, so as I seen the blue flash in my window I almost immediately knew something wasn't right, so I stuck my head up and took a good 10 min to look around down on the ground and seen nothing, knowingly that if it was some type of thunder sure I would see another brief flash of some sort, okay so 10 min goes by and I see nothing, when suddenly in my left corner eye basically my whole view, I happened to look up to the sky but it felt more like it came from the field, on the left side, a bright blue flash like many in here describe its more like a camera flash, but it also looked like it was what people say is a transistor exploding, but we dont have any of them in the area like I said its pretty rural out here, it could've been an explosion in the sky aswell, it seemed out of the ordinary, but again ive seen so many shooting stars, and this was not a shooting star, it didn't interact with me in any way, I just so happened to be awake at the right time, ill describe the color of the light as the color on a Playstation 4 remote, or any type of blue like that, I might set up my camera in hope that I can capture this on camera ive got multiple ways of doing this, but is it even worth the effort, its definitely strange and how it is occurring, another thing I would like to note everyone about is that ive had another experience with flashing lights in the sky before, nothing like this tho, I happened to sit in Northern Michigan, and up there its only woods and stuff like that, there's basically no light pollution anyways, me and my dad was sitting on the porch, and we were looking for satellites which we normally do because we enjoy doing so, when one evening sitting on the porch if you looked really hard after your eyes had adapted to the darkness and night light, you could see what looked like camera flashes up in the atmosphere and im talking it was pretty faint to see but you could still see it, and this was not an Atmospheric Phenomena, it would flash with intervals of minutes or so, and would always be in the same spot but then we tilted our heads back and once again it could be seen out in deep space, right above us, and it was a clear night sky, with alot of stars, my only explanation to this is that there is so much space junk up there, that if it would collide with something it most likely would explode. and emit a faint flash, but like I just wrote its not consistent with what we saw, it looked like camera flashes but in deep space, regardless of what is going on, something is flashing or taking pictures you can say what you want but there is truly something more going on than what sciencetist are knowingly about, I have no answer for the blue lights or camera flashes, for all I know it could be portals briefly being opened and closed, I try to stay rational tho, but find it unsettling. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw my first blue flash of light. This happened today in the daylight about 1 hour before sunset on a quiet suburban street.  It looked like it was only 20 feet in the air and about 50 feet away.  Flashed quick from left to right low in the sky.  It could have been a drone or a frisbee with LED lights. It looked like a small object but I only saw it for about 2 seconds before it disappeared.  I did not hear anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen flashes of white and blue lights all my life. Everywhere... Even when I sat on the toilet, in a tiny bathroom, with no windows, on the wall, 50 cm (3 feet ?), in front of me.. A big dinner plate ish size, white flash, suddenly. And by then I was so used to it, that I didn’t even care. 
I’ve also seen a HUGE white and blue-ish flash in the sky, while out driving, so huge a plane could have passed through it at least.. And it flashed like it opened and closed, in three seconds. With no sound. And orange balls of light “flying” in the sky, in a row, silently. And, once in my bedroom in front of my bed, I was watching something on my phone, when I felt some kind of tap on the top of my head, and a white light opened in front of my bed, and sort of «sucked» me in, but then suddenly disappeared. I thought I must have had a stroke or something. This is just a few of my experiences...

I have had several head scans, eye exams, tests, etc, and there has never been anything abnormal found, both physically or psychologically. I have also had my whole house checked for possible electricity problems, by different electricians, since ALL of my lights flicker constantly... And in every house I have ever lived in..
Since I was a child, I have also seen “humanoid figures” (since I don’t know exactly what it is). And dreamt things (and sometimes big things) that happen shortly after. A lot of these things have also been seen by other people that have been around me at the time, and made the most “logical” person question everything..
I live in Norway, am a pretty normal down to earth 35 year old person, with what one might call a quite successful career, kids, average busy life, with both my feet firmly on the ground... but I have seen and experienced some weird **** in my life... And I am first a skeptic, until I at least have checked everything else... I have some people I know who are what some call New Age or spiritual, and they of course have they’re theories.. But I am not so quick to jump on that band wagon. But I do consider myself open minded, at least. Cause you never know.. And after trying to find answers for such a long time, I have just come to the terms that some things are just not as simple to explain, at least not to a human.. for there is so much we don’t know and understand yet... And have yet to discover... There are so many layers to this universe.. At least it’s good to know that there are more of us, going at our day, working 9 to 5, seeing some weird ****, feeling like we might be crazy, and then going about our day again.. :P Hope you all find out what your flashes of lights are, or maybe you don’t.. But as long as it’s not harming you, what is a little mystery to life.. ;)

• 1 month later...

When I was young. Me and my Dad would drive along this back road to pic up my mom at work late late night. Not sure of the time but, as we were driving, I saw a transparent light flash across the road. This light was blue. Clear transparent blue. I dont know why I woke up thinking about this this morning. But I remember that I did not utter a word. Until it processed in my mind. I asked " Dad, did you see that?". Hep replied " I saw something, but I want you to tell me what you saw first". We both confirmed the sighting, I can say that it was a long time ago, but I remember it as if it happened today. Let me know what you think.

• 3 months later...

In case anyone finds this, I am the original poster. A lot has happened in my life since these incidents and I all but forgot about it until today.

This is the first time in years that I've been in one place for long. I've moved every year since posting this until 2 years ago when I finally got back on my feet and found a place to settle. I live way out in the country in the Willamette Valley in Oregon now. About 2 hours from where these flashes occurred. I have had nothing strange happen until today.

My dog woke me up early this morning, about 4:30 am, I thought to go potty. As we went outside she seemed to hesitate at the door, but after a few calls she came out and went potty. As I turned to walk back to the porch, I was hit by that same flash of blue light. It scared the crap out of me and my dog.

The light seemed to come from the same height as before. We are surrounded by trees out here. Our closest neighbor is about a quarter mile away. It wasnt a transformer and it wasn't a meteor. I'm familiar with both and know what to expect from those things. This was a dense blue flash of light that seemed aimed at me, not just a random flash in the sky. It had purpose. The blue light was solid but soft, like an LED light. The flash was quick, like a camera flash, but this time it lit up more area than it previously had.

I noticed it was eerily quiet out too. This time of year we have the loudest frogs making noise all night long. Its almost deafening. But I didn't hear one frog before, or for about 30 minutes after the flash. When the sun came up I went back outside to look in the trees where the flash came from. I even pulled out my latter to get a better look once i narrowed down the tree. Nothing was out or the ordinary. There were 2 branches towards the top that were freshly broken off, but out here that is an every day occurrence, so i'm not sure it means anything.

All day I've sat on this, growing more paranoid as I wait to see if it happens again. I've read everyones theories and ideas in the comments and, although some make sense and seem logical, none of them really depict what I'm seeing. Maybe Im going crazy?

YOOOO THANKFULLY I FOUND THIS FORUM I THOUGHT I WAS GOING ******G CRAZY!!!

So 2 days ago EARLY on Friday morning I was outside at the park, it was around 3:30ish which from what I’m seeing in the comments seems to be a regular occurrence around these times?? I like what I’ve been hearing but I NEED to explain a couple VERY important facts right now for y’all. Firstly, I unlike most of the ppl in this thread actually SAW THE WHOLE THING not from the corner of my eye I WAS ALREADY LOOKING IN THE SKY (which I often do) And OMG I was petrified not because of why you think either... To elaborate I live in Philly, land of the skeptics so I’ve been trying not to make a big deal of things I’ve seen here but I’m becoming more bothered by the day or at least I was until now. They are NOT from any electrical current due to electricity️being sporadic in motion. These are CONCENTRATED BEAMS of bluish green light, almost plasma like. I saw the beam literally come from above the clouds and I understand why ppl compare it to an LED or camera flash because of how intense and pure the light is from not only the beam, but the essence around it as well. The thing that *****d my head up tho was that it was a beautiful clear night sky or SO I THOUGHT but to my absolute astonishment when that beam came down for literally no longer than 2 seconds the sky lit up with it and out of NO WHERE I could see super heavy clouds that I feel like I shoulda seen before?? The clouds looked weird tho like not when the sun or moon hits it but as if you were looking at them with X-RAY vision like i could see right through them but couldn’t see past them somehow? Then the light constricted closed and once again nothing but stars could be seen. Confusing I know but the truth nonetheless. Whatever these things are I doubt it’s natural or just one of these oversimplified explanations that ppl gave from years ago. It’s truly amazing a decade has gone by with no definitive answers just cover ups from what I see? 2020 we ain’t seen NOTHING yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Stories?

Any evidence at all?

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Stories?

Any evidence at all?

Come on now Bats, you yourself should know better to not ask that question.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Come on now Bats, you yourself should know better to not ask that question.:rolleyes:

I know...evidense, proof? ....it doesnt work like that.

Edited by the13bats

As a kid i would often see a flashing blue light , the phenomena was related to savings possible for a limited time on various products at Kmart.

• Thanks 1

To be fair, it’s nearly impossible to gather proof of a phenomenon that lasts only a few seconds. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, simplybill said:

To be fair, it’s nearly impossible to gather proof of a phenomenon that lasts only a few seconds. 

Very true, its just lame to me when thats used as an excuse to make extrodanary claims of paranormal lacking evidence.

Not big or epic and happened once, i saw what i would describe as miniature blue lightening jump off a padlock i was opening,

Unlike static it didnt bite me, it was bright ( at night ) and under a uv bug zapper and while different it was similar to like when a bug gets zapped.

Can i repeat it no, is it proof of paranormal? Of course not, but im happy i got to experence it.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1