Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I Die?

bounty_hunter

Alrite this was a few years back, i was sleeping and had one of those falling dreams (which i read somewhere if u do land u die..i forget probably one of those dream books) Well i fell but when i fell a warm light came over me and a acended toward the light, and i heard a voice don't breathe, it was weird because it felt so real and i did want to keep going, finally i took a breath and woke up in a cold sweat.

Any insight?

• 2 weeks later...

Guest Sharkey

I don't think it's been proven that people have actually died because they hit the ground in a falling dream. Maybe, if there was such an instance (and how would we know... the guy is dead), the person had a weak heart and actually died of a heart attack due to the stress the dream created.

In my honest opinion: You had a dream, plain and simple.

I'm not saying that dreams aren't part of some higher spirituality or otherworldliness, but I haven't seen any proof. And I've had some weird ones.

-Sharkey

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with bounty_hunter's situation, but I died four times in my dreams. I know it's exactly four because that's something you really can't forget. The weird thing is, there was a span of four consecutive dreams, and I died to end each dream. I wasn't falling to my death and I was in complete control as my life ended, so there was nothing really traumatic about it.

Thats very Interesting Homer and Bounty Hunter.

Where you Dreaming about death Homer or did you actually have physical symptoms?

Although I would like to point out that there is no way in the world to prove that people die if they hit the ground in a falling dream , after all the victim is dead and they are the only ones who can tell you what they where dreaming about huh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

dying in your sleep and then never waking up again is a common urban myth. personally i do not see how you can die from dreaming that you are, unless it goves your body such a shock that you die through that, and not the dream about dying.

• 2 weeks later...

unless we have spirits, and when we sleep, the spirit goes into another "relm". and if the spirit is liked to the mind and body, if the spirit did die, then so woild the mind and body.....