Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Little Help

Althalus

I had this email earlier today, and as I do not want to give bad advice I decided to ask for help from the forum.

To keep privacy it has been edited slightly to keep names out.

i is the person that emailed it to me.

I recently moved into an old house built in 1901. I was our first house and it should have been a very happy time for us. The first night we spent there, I started to feel sick like I might be coming down with something. After that, it became pure HELL!

Night after night, I could not sleep. I kept hearing nonstop a motor I believed to be coming from the attic. I begged the father of my child to make the motor stop. He went up to the attic but there was nothing there.

After the 4th day of constant sickness, of a sickness I've never known. I honestly thought I was losing my mind. I couldnt sit still, I became very depressed, I lost interest in everything, even my daughter. I didnt want to be around anyone. I would stand up, walk around from room to room and pace. I began to think irrationally. I suddenly lost interest in watching TV. I couldnt stand loud noises, I kept hearing the motor so loud in my mind. I was going crazy and most of all, I feared so much when darkness overtook the light. I cant explain it but it scared the **** out of me so bad that I had anxiety attacks by fearing that daylight would be leaving.

On the sixth day, it got so bad, the motor noise in my mind and I just couldnt take being sick anymore. I began to contemplate on killing myself by running a hose from my tailpipe to the inside of the car. I wanted to put myself out of my misery. The motor wouldnt stop. Nobody around me could understand or knew what I was talking about.

My daughters father said I was acting like a fool but he doesnt know how close I came to dying that night. I just wanted to get it over with. A week ago, I was fine and now 6 days later I'm killing myself.

I still cant explain what happened to me less than a year ago. I ended up in the emergency room that night and still nobody had the answers.

All I know is I moved out of the house immediately and my problems dissappeared. I have no intentions on moving back in although I am still making payments on the empty 2 story house. I got a real good deal on it, but then again, I was told nobody else wanted it. Everybody was afraid from stories they heard and they thought I was crazy for even wanting to stay there. I guess they were right, huh?

Do you think you have any explanations for me?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Althalus

• Magikman

• Loonboy

• Bizarro

There is the theory that any building or environment can retain the emotions/feelings exhibited there in the past - like a sponge soaks up water, and that a person sensitive enough can tap into those emotions/feelings at a later date.

Or there is the theory that a spirit in a location can impress upon another the feelings and emotions which they themselves are having.

Alternatively recent experiments have suggested that electromagnetic fields of differing frequencies can induce in a person a range of emotions from joy to despair.

Any of the above explanations may account for the narrative of the person mentioned in the email. Probably the best thing to do for anyone experiencing an emotion so profoundly and yet without apparent cause, would be to leave that environment, as that person did.

As for removing the cause of the feelings in that location, that is another matter entirely.

wink.gif

Althalus,

Still quite a bit of information is needed to draw any viable conclusions, maybe you can ask the person involved?

"I got a real good deal on it, but then again, I was told nobody else wanted it."
Why not? How old is the house? What's its history? Bad location? Terrible condition? Is there alot of industrial buildings about? (the reason for this question will become clear shortly.)

"Everybody was afraid from stories they heard and they thought I was crazy for even wanting to stay there."
Could we get some examples? Are the stories from the previous owners? Neighbors?

The reason I asked about its location being near/close to an industrialized area is that it could be the source for the 'motor' noise. Not everyone has similar hearing abilities, some people can be quite sensitive, and if the house is near an industialized area, the noice could be generated by machinery operating and/or intense electical output. The same effect could be coming from a high concentration of overhead power lines.

The sudden sickness could just be the person's reaction to the stress of an unfamiliar, unlikeable location or environment. If the person is highly suggestive, the stories they heard would tend to heighten their sensitivity and make their physical as well as their mental condition much worse. Was this person happy and content about the move? There actually could be something in the house itself, mold, mildew, air quality (especially in an industrial area, or a busy thouroughfair), etc. that could be making them ill. She mentions a visit to the emergency room. How extensively did they examine her?

Anyway, I think you understand what I'm getting at. Really, the quality of help is dependant on the thouroughness of the person's answers.

Magikman

• 2 weeks later...

This is for the person who wrote the email - I have had almost the exact same experience. I have always been a very spiritual person, and very intuitive, and one night a close friend asked if i would answer some questions she had about her then boyfriend. I agreed, and after we both went into a deep meditation, and after all the questions were answered we awoke to this noise that sounded like a motor running. now just to fill you in - we were at a retreat, in the mountains, miles away from any town, and it was in the middle of the night. we looked around outside, we checked the lights, the heating, but it didn't seem to be coming from anywhere - but it instead seemed to be coming from all around us. we got scared and started to pray. the sound stopped for her, but i continued to hear it for a few more minutes. and then it, finally stopped for me. needles to say - she never asked me to do anymore readings. and as a side note - all the answers to her questions were wrong, her boyfriend wasn't cheating with a girl who's name started with a G - but mine was, her name was Gracie

Very Interesting Lala .

Magik finding out more about the location of the building is Important , For instance I get a funny taste in my mouth when I am around High voltage power lines but did not become aware of it untill after I had lived in the country and well away from any major power sources for a while. People can definately have different sensitivities to things.

I hope you get some more information Al smile.gif

I hope I am not out of line for mentioning this, but I have also heard of Demons causeing things like this to happen to people who come into the area they reside.