Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sabina & Ursula Eriksson

zimbob

The story of Sabina & Ursula Erikson has me completely perplexed!

The You Tube link below is the first out a four part documentary broadcast on the BBC called madness in the fast lane, it is one of the most graphic and distressing pieces of "real life" footage I have ever viewed so please be advised do not watch as its some bad and crazy faeces.

You tube/BBC Madness in the fast lane.

So the questions I have left are:

Why did Ursula & Sabina travel to the UK from Ireland and head for London?

Why did Ursula & Sabina try to commit suicide on the M6?

What happened to make Sabina a murderer?

Why did a Murderer like Sabina only get 5 years?

Were the American authorities told they have a nutter like Ursula Eriksson roaming around? (she’s a risk not only to herself but to others and apparently she will relapse)

How do the UK Government intend to protect the UK public from this mentally ill murderer Sabina Eriksson after she is released from prison?

If you can help with any aspect of this tragic and horrifying problem we are all now facing because the UK government has failed us once again you would be doing me and many other people a big and even possibly life saving favour:

So where is Ursula Eriksson in the USA?

When is Sabina being released from prison and what prison is it?

Where was Sabina living in Ireland because she will probably return there?

• Like 1

How killer Sabina Eriksson ended up in Stoke-on-Trent to stab Glenn Hollinshead to death...

FRIDAY, MAY 16, 2008

2am – Eriksson, pictured, leaves her County Cork home with twin sister, Ursula.

SATURDAY, MAY 17

8:30am – Eriksson and her sister go to St Anne Police Station, in Liverpool, to report concerns over their children.

Midday – They board a National Express coach to Victoria Station, in London.

1pm – The coach stops at Keele Services to change drivers. It was not a scheduled comfort-break stop.

3.20pm – Police called to M6, just north of Keele Services.

Ursula has run onto the carriageway in front of a lorry. Eriksson runs in front of a silver Volkswagen Polo car and is knocked into the air.

Eriksson then regains consciousness, runs across the carriageway and punches a female police officer as she tries to stop her and then runs off. She is arrested and taken to the Northern Area Custody facility, at Etruria.

MONDAY, MAY 19

Eriksson is charged with assaulting a police officer and trespassing onto a motorway. She appears before North Staffordshire magistrates at Fenton, is sentenced to one-day custody and released.

7pm – Eriksson strikes up a conversation with Glenn Hollinshead and his friend Peter Molloy in Christchurch Road, Fenton, after they leave the Royal Oak pub. They all go to Mr Hollinshead's home in Duke Street.

11.40pm – Mr Molloy leaves the property.

TUESDAY, MAY 20

Lunchtime: Mr Hollinshead phones brother, Paul, who lives in Blurton and works at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, and tells him about Eriksson and her sister.

He asks him if he can find out what ward Ursula is on in the hospital.

7.40pm – Mr Hollinshead goes outside and asks neighbour, Frank Booth, for some tea bags.

Mr Booth is washing his minibus and asks Mr Hollinshead to wait until he has finished.

Mr Hollinshead goes back into the house.

But 74 seconds later Mr Hollinshead comes back out of the house, saying: "she's stabbed me".

7.49pm – Paramedics on their way to a reported stabbing in Duke Street see Eriksson standing on an island between two carriageways near Heron Cross roundabout off the A50. She is hitting herself on the head with a large hammer.

8pm – Motorist Joshua Grattage stops his car and takes the hammer off Eriksson.

When Eriksson sees the paramedics she runs towards the roundabout over the A50, followed by ambulance officers. She climbs the railings and jumps down to the A50.

The paramedics are told to go to the stabbing incident in Duke Street.

8.05pm – Police arrive at Duke Street to find Mr Hollinshead's body in an alleyway.

FRIDAY, JUNE 6

Eriksson is arrested while still a patient at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11

Eriksson leaves hospital and is taken straight to the Northern Area Custody suite, in Etruria.

7.43pm – Eriksson is charged with murdering Mr Hollinshead

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

Eriksson is back at North Staffordshire Magistrates charged with murder.

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2009

Eriksson's trial starts at Nottingham Crown Court.

YESTERDAY

Eriksson admits manslaughter with diminished responsibility.

LINK

More links at bottom of above linked page

Why was Sabina Eriksson free to kill?

A GOOD SAMARITAN was stabbed to death by a mentally-ill woman just days after she had run in front of traffic on the M6 three times.

Sabina Eriksson is awaiting sentence after admitting killing Glenn Hollinshead, of Fenton, on the grounds of diminished responsibility.

Eriksson – who had denied murder – knifed the 54-year-old four times at his Duke Street home before jumping from a bridge over the A50 at Heron Cross on May 20, 2008.

Mr Hollinshead had known Eriksson for less than a day after she had walked free from North Staffordshire Magistrates Court, in Fenton.

Eriksson had been in court charged with trespassing on the M6 and hitting a policewoman trying to arrest her near Keele Services on May 17, 2008.

Devastated family call for answers over killing

RELATIVES of stabbing victim Glenn Hollinshead believe his killer should not have been released by the authorities until she was properly assessed by medical experts.

Garry Hollinshead told The Sentinel he believed the criminal justice system failed his brother and the public by allowing Sabina Eriksson to be released into society just two days after she cheated death and put the lives of others at risk by running across the M6 three times.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

• Like 2

I lot of the discussion with regards to this bizarre incident, seems to be only concerned with 'why' they

did what they did.

Sabina was hit on THREE separate occasions by oncoming traffic, got up each time, and still required six

people to restrain her before she could be sedated.

Ursula, after having both her legs broken, continued to fight violently with the policeman on scene seemingly

oblivious to injuries.

According to the BBC documentary, there was NO DRUGS present in either of their systems during the accident.

Perhaps we should we asking 'how.'

Whilst artificial means could conceivably give someone resistance to pain (Phencyclidine),

increased aggression (Cocaine) and strength (Dopamine), are we to believe that these twins sisters both survived

free from serious injury through sheer will power alone?

Does the belief of thinking oneself to be invulnerable cause it to be possible?

...a generation of X-Men

fans would love to think so

Yes, quite an interesting story. Though I'm not quite sure I like the paranormal spin many people are trying to place on it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ursula is said to be living in the United States.

Individuals who exhibit this type of behavior are dangerous.

We should know where these women currently reside.

`

ALL women are dangerous, Charlie. 'Tis just a fact of life. :(

• Like 1

Philly I think

Philly I think

Really? Where did you get this information? I did some 'net searching. This pair seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

ps. (I stood at Richard Nixon's grave last Thursday and walked through his helicopter :-).

ALL women are dangerous, Charlie. 'Tis just a fact of life.

That is true, but this pair is just plain scary.

The link above has gone bad. Here is a new, valid one...

Watch how her sister seems unconcerned as she runs in front of that truck.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk9Pve9Z1m0[/media]

• Like 1

are we to believe that these twins sisters both survived

free from serious injury through sheer will power alone? Does the belief of thinking oneself to be invulnerable cause it to be possible?

Yes.

I worked for many years at a mental hospital in Texas. I taught employees how to restrain individuals experiencing a psychotic episode. I have conducted hundreds of real-life restraints using both personal restraint and mechanical restraint.

Inexperienced employees swore the patients had super-human strength. I had to constantly remind them they did not.

They were like the cops in the video above. They had only participated in a few restraints during their career. Consequently, the abilities of the person being restrained seemed extra-ordinary to them. More experienced employees who had participated in scores of restraints grew to understand how extreme motivation can give the appearance of super-human endurance, strength, and pain tolerance.

It's like the first time one sees a trick by a stage magician. It seems amazing. Watch the magician's trick one hundred times, and it seems less extraordinary each time.

Those cops did a very poor job of restraining the person. Their poor restraint endangered both the person being restrained and themselves.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

`

ALL women are dangerous, Charlie. 'Tis just a fact of life. :(

Yes thats true, but they were CRAZY dangerous.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The motorway footage is horrific! These women were clearly not under their own control

I have never seen anything like this in my life! #shocked

I just watched the documentary.... and the action on the motorway seems to me to be an execellent arguement for tasers....

Edited by Taun

I just watched the documentary.... and the action on the motorway seems to me to be an execellent arguement for tasers....

If a truck and 2 cars cant stop them, a tazer aint even gona tickle them.

Why are brit cops not armed anyway?

If a truck and 2 cars cant stop them, a tazer aint even gona tickle them.

Why are brit cops not armed anyway?

Actually, a taser might... it affects the nervous system - overloading it basically... If they were truly going on "berserker strength", they would have felt no pain from the cars.. But a taser would

stun their minds long enough for them to have been fully subdued...

• Like 1

I never thought of it like that! Id be zapping them right between the eyes!

Ive seen some pretty horrifc things in my life but i found watching that clip really hard! It really effected me!

• Like 1

I never thought of it like that! Id be zapping them right between the eyes!

Ive seen some pretty horrifc things in my life but i found watching that clip really hard! It really effected me!

I agree about viewing the clip...

Often times I hear of an "Insanity" or "Mentally Unstable" defense, and I think "Yeah sure... Looks like the Defense has got nothing to go on." But this time I

agree... those two women definitely had too many squirrels in the attic....

Edited by Taun

I agree about viewing the clip...

Often times I hear of an "Insanity" or "Mentally Unstable" defense, and I think "Yeah sure... Looks like the Defense has got nothing to go on." But this time I

agree... those two women definitely had too many squirrels in the attic....

I think one of them has a profile on here.......

with the taser, its pretty dangerous when near a motorway and if one of them falls onto one of the lanes, could have serious...well incidents. Thwe Police watchdog will certinaly get involved.

with the taser, its pretty dangerous when near a motorway and if one of them falls onto one of the lanes, could have serious...well incidents. Thwe Police watchdog will certinaly get involved.

Never mind the tazer causing them to have an accident! These fruitcakes were running out in front of the traffic

I watched the BBC documentary(part?) late last night and found it hard to get to sleep. It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. There's something haunting about Sabina. Like the OP I would like many questioned answered. The family of the man who was murdered seem to be convinced of a police cover-up ...... perhaps the women were treated as they were(leniently), so that they could help the police catch bigger 'fish' in a drugs ring.

• Like 1

I've just been watching, on YouTube, 'Richard D Hall 'A Madness Shared by Two', in which Hall interviews David McCann who wrote the book of the same name. There's a lot more information in the video .... I highly recommend it. And I will definitely be buying the book!

I've just been watching, on YouTube, 'Richard D Hall 'A Madness Shared by Two', in which Hall interviews David McCann who wrote the book of the same name. There's a lot more information in the video .... I highly recommend it. And I will definitely be buying the book!

What do you think was effecting those girls?

What do you think was effecting those girls?

I have absolutely no idea! A few guesses but none of them really cover it. Were they 'simply' suicidal because their lives had run out of control in some way? (Involvement with a drugs ring?). Were they paranoid through extensive drug-taking? A combination of mental illness and drug-taking?

I wish the book would hurry up and arrive!