Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Lie

Minister Fortson

As in the people who even in the deepest most remote desert my government spends a lot of time and money ensuring get solid educations? Those people? The ones supported by the Royal Flying Doctor Services?

I don't know what's worse, your ignorance or your blantant racism. Perhaps my idealism (because really any Australian will tell you that what I just wrote was so rose-y spectacled as it be carnation red) is worse ;)

Really getting off topic, but settle down. Don't pull an unwarranted race card. They were attempting to show that some native tribes who live in the wild have no idea of new popular technology. Then you feel the need to attack him for it. You'd think being from Australia you would understand the rest of the world doesn't know as much about your native tribes, and surely doesn't know as much about government attempts to educate the tribes. You're being very unfair and narrow minded toward him.

Pick a native tribe yourself then as an example. Just hope someone doesn't jump down your throat and claim racism about your choice.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scouser

• ShadowSot

• sinewave

• Minister Fortson

I don't know what's worse, your ignorance or your blantant racism. Perhaps my idealism (because really any Australian will tell you that what I just wrote was so rose-y spectacled as it be carnation red) is worse ;)

I can assure you there was no racism in that statement. Ignorance, sure. I wasn't aware the government provided them with all of that. And I'll freely admit to my mistake. :tu:

The History Channel has to present a pro alien outlook in its shows if it wants to keep it ratings. They could do a show interviewing professors and scientists who say aliens never existed and do not exist today. Do you know how long that show would be on the air?

So the public loves the idea of aliens. Eric Von Daniken famous book, Chariots of the Gods, sold more copies then any other book in history, something like 50 million in dozens of languages. The acadmic community went nuts and tried to destroy him by claiming he had a criminal past, no education, etc. It did not work and he went on to write a dozen best sellers. I heard him on a late night radio show yesterday, 40 years after he pubished his famous book. People were calling up asking him questions. IN most cases they started to say, I AM HONORED TO TALK TO YOU. This show, Coasttocoastam.com, has have many scientists and professors interviewed on the air. NEVER DID I HEAR A CALLER SAY, I AM HONORED TO SPEAK TO YOU.

Why is the topic aliens so popular? Because the people are fed up with the scientists and all BS they throw at the public. According to polls on creationism vs. evolution (see google) more then half the population do not believe in evolution. Yet evolution is the basis if the scientific community. Why are the people fedup? Because they are tired of being told we came from slime which became monkeys and we are just a branch of of the monkey tree. They also do not trust the scientists who were responsible for building nucler weapons and other weapons of mass destruction. This contempt came out in the famous film, DR. STRANGLOVE in 1964 which really put a knife into the scientific establishment.

The audience do not want to hear these Phds preach to them that aliens, UFOs, Bigfoot, etc do not exist. They are fed up that everytime a UFO story appears onthe local news there is always some scientist who says it is swamp gas, or Venus or the people are suffering from hallucinations. So the History Channel does what it can to keep up with ratings by producing pro alien programs. IF the scientists are stupid enough to appear on such shows thinking they will be albe to attack the existence of aliens or aliens in the bible or UFos of Bigfoot, they will learn it is a new world were most people have more respect for a dog walking in the street then their vaunted Phds.

Edited by Mike 215

Hey, everyone needs to stop getting upset about what this show presents, like it or not. In three seasons it has never been about what the other side thinks. Like someone else said, it's infotainment. They never have more down to earth theories presented because the show is based on the Ancient Astronaut Theory, not the academic theory. There are plenty of other shows on tv that present academic or skeptical p.o.v.'s...Infact I'll guess that academic history shows outnumber ancient alien intervention in history shows a million to one. Sorry about your friend OP, but what did he expect? To have the first opposing view on the show ever?

You claim that there are plenty of shows debunkng the AA theory, yet when I looked up Ancient Astronaut theory debunked on google, the only videos I found were made by one person on Y Tube and had only a few thousand hits. There are no regular shows produced on cable or regular networds debunking this theory. IF anything the major networks and cable has been producing many pro Ancient astronuat shows for over 30 years.

You claim that there are plenty of shows debunkng the AA theory, yet when I looked up Ancient Astronaut theory debunked on google, the only videos I found were made by one person on Y Tube and had only a few thousand hits. There are no regular shows produced on cable or regular networds debunking this theory. IF anything the major networks and cable has been producing many pro Ancient astronuat shows for over 30 years.

I don't think a debunking is really necessary for the show. It isn't taken seriously by those with the knowledge of its hair brained theories. But their constant inaccuracies and half-truths on the show aside, it presents theories. And it isn't the usual process to debunk theories. It's usually things touted as proof that attract debunkers.

If the History channel felt it could be marketable to create a combative debunking show to run against its extremely popular Ancient Aliens, they would do it. But they have a good thing going.

Edited by Jerry Only

I like the show but I take all the information with a grain of salt because one guy ruins the entire show and they need to stop referencing him cause he's a complete crack-pot.

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

tumblr_lqpx3lqX4u1qd9llgo1_500.jpg

Edited by constantine_337

I like the show but I take all the information with a grain of salt because one guy ruins the entire show and they need to stop referencing him cause he's a complete crack-pot.

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos

tumblr_lqpx3lqX4u1qd9llgo1_500.jpg

He's the leader of the show and won't be going anywhere.

He's the leader of the show and won't be going anywhere.

Actually hes a consulting producer

Actually hes a consulting producer

Lol who cares, I should of said next to our ancient extraterrestrial ancestors, he is the star of the show.

• 3 months later...

Hey, everyone needs to stop getting upset about what this show presents, like it or not. In three seasons it has never been about what the other side thinks. Like someone else said, it's infotainment. They never have more down to earth theories presented because the show is based on the Ancient Astronaut Theory, not the academic theory. There are plenty of other shows on tv that present academic or skeptical p.o.v.'s...Infact I'll guess that academic history shows outnumber ancient alien intervention in history shows a million to one. Sorry about your friend OP, but what did he expect? To have the first opposing view on the show ever?

Infotainment :tu: .

I've read the entire Bible several times and the prophetic books and New Testament over a dozen times including several different translations of each of them. I know what it says and what it doesn't say. It is most certainly NOT the throne of God in ANY version I've read. It's described as a living being and yet there's another being that looks like a man sitting on a throne (ever see a jet seat with a pilot in it?) sitting above a platform that is above the wheels. It doesn't take Einstein to realize what is being described is a craft. It says point blank that it has wheels on it and that there are wheels within wheels (either spokes or gyros depending on how you interpret it), wings, a fixed platform with a throne above it with a man sitting in it and that it makes loud sounds when it moves and that he rode inside it and saw the ground moving beneath him. Any normal non-religious person would conclude this is a primitive man's description of a flying vehicle of some kind operated by a being that resembles a man and that the reason he thinks it's a living being, not a vehicle is that no man on earth has any concept of a car, plane or any other technological vehicle in that time period. How else could they possibly describe it? It looks like a bird of sorts. It's described as having the qualities of a bird, ox, lion and man and has a man sitting on/in it. He had seen 'wheels' and so he described them, but he had no idea WTF spokes or lug nuts or there equivalents were or wheels that could rotate in any direction. If anything, the description sounds very similar to a Harrier Jump Jet (the closest thing I can imagine by today's technology).

The faithful will NEVER accept such a possibility, no matter how obvious, though because it means their understanding of their religion is in error and thus their beliefs or understandings are in some measure incorrect. That sort of thing destroys faith and thus it cannot be allowed to continue. They CANNOT be in error or their entire after-life, belief system and faith crumbles around them. It's the sort of thing that causes suicide because they realize everything they were taught to believe was bologna. Look at the title of this thread. "The Ancient Alien LIE". One's mind is already made up.

I know the Bible. I know the books that were recovered that the Catholic Church ordered burned (Gnostic, etc. otherwise) that have been recovered. I've read about all kind of cultures and beliefs. They all have things in common. However, most hate each other because they do not agree with each other. I was raised in this Christian dogma and the belief/threat that one will go to "Hell" if they don't believe the 'right' thing is VERY strongly impressed in most churches. I spent time in a psyche ward because the threat of burning in Hell was so strong it drove me almost insanely depressed. I'm of an engineering background, which contradicts primitive beliefs with no scientific basis. Yet I don't believe in accidental big-bangs and life coming out of nothing either. That makes just as little sense because it's just speculation based on theoretical observations that have no place for the unexplained or supernatural. But one has to examine the history of the church to realize just how strong political motivations were and why the gospels do not all completely agree with each other (a strange thing to deal with if your church is one that believes the Bible was written by God through man and not by man about what he learned from someone claiming to be from God or a prophet of such).

And what kind of "God" sends people to a "Hell" based on incorrect beliefs or the chance they were not even told about this Jesus character before they died? Is that a God of "love" as many Christians claim God to be? It sounds more like a sadistic evil god that gets his jollies off torturing people without cause to me. But that is PRECISELY what most churches teach and it's 100% in opposition to their claims of a God of "Love" when Love is by definition SELFLESS in nature. So Jesus was selfless to sacrifice himself to save you from his Father who wants to see your tortured in Hell forever because you aren't perfect? Yet Jesus said he was just like his Father so that logic just went right out the window by the same book and the churches must be full of morons to come to that conclusion. Try reading a few dozen NDEs (near death experiences) accounts, read the books burned by the Catholic Church (because they contain reincarnation concepts that go against a fear of "Hell" that keep people in control by the political power of the Church that was trying to rule the world at the time). Ask yourself why John the Baptist was said by Jesus to be the spirit of Elijah (yet didn't know it himself) if there is no such thing as reincarnation (they missed an edit big time there). Much of the truth is still there in the Bible, but it's not obvious unless you actually THINK about what you read instead of trying to take everything literally.

And who are these "angels" in the Bible anyway? How is it they seem to be able to interact physically with humans if they supernatural beings? How did they take women as wives and produce offspring that were giants? The book of Enoch calls them "watchers" and "Sons of God" not spiritual beings. Genesis starts out with a lot of "we" talk about "God" and "they become like US". The idea of genetic manipulated dumb animals becoming sentient and knowing things like good/evil makes logical sense if you have a higher race playing 'god' with genetics. It doesn't make much sense with a single God creating a gigantic Universe with only one intelligent animal and a bunch of dead planets taking up insanely huge distances between stars and galaxies all so that God's one and only creation (man) could be redeemed by his one and only son. If there are aliens on these other planets, were they redeemed that day too? Or are they not fallen? Yet they live in the same Universe that is in a state of decay?

The 'faithful' don't ask or answer such questions because they would realize that it just doesn't add up or make sense at that point. So they stick their heads in the sand and even start religious wars against others that aren't like themselves and don't believe as they do (common theme among Muslim extremists today and Christian Crusaders/Inquisitors in the past) and yet someone at the top of the hierarchy knows the truth. It's why they destroy all the books/information to the contrary so that their agenda is maintained.

The truly sad thing is that aliens could land all around the world today and broadcast the absolute truth about themselves and the history of mankind and you'd still have a large group of people that would say they are DEMONS trying to trick humanity and destroy their faith and that anyone that listens to them will be going to Hell with the "Beast" and the "False Prophet", etc. etc. because they NEED to fit their beliefs into reality rather than letting reality change their beliefs. Because after all, if they lose their faith or change their beliefs, they are going to Hell in that part of their mind that still believes and that will cause them endless frustration, pain and mental anguish. I know because I've been there and I had to let go of all that to realize the TRUTH and that is a loving "Father" of a God would NEVER do those things else he would be evil himself and that is no "God" I'd ever want to be with or worship. At that point, all the blinders fall away and the dogma disappears because that kind of thinking is NONSENSICAL. But it is that fear of "Hell" that keeps people believing such things despite all evidence, logic and reason to the contrary. No wonder the Dark Ages lasted so long (and continue in many forms today).

I'm not saying there isn't a Creator or a God out there (they don't have to be the same being since genetic creation isn't exactly impossible by what we know already). I'm saying if there is a God, He isn't the vengeful/hateful being that fundamentalists of all religions like to make him out to be. But without that FEAR, they lose control and that is the real point of fundamentalism and the propagation of fear itself. Those with "eyes to see" and "ears to hear" will recognize this. Those that live in perpetual ignorance and darkness will label and condemn me as they have all the messengers of "light" throughout history.

Well said.