Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

15 Cadborosaurus's on film..coming September

Zero2Hero

Has anyone seen this from over on cryptomundo?

My link

"My erstwhile colleague Loren Coleman posted about the television program that is said to contain footage of 15 Cadborosauruses. This was in response to comments about the footage made by my good friend and colleague Jason Walton.

So as to clarify things and end speculation, allow me to tell the readership about this footage. I have seen it and examined it repeatedly for three hours in May last year and am satisfied that what is in the footage is not a known animal.

The footage was obtained by a Washington state fishing boat captain (his name is known to myself and other cryptozoological investigators who have looked at the footage) who fishes in Alaskan waters in the summer. He and his two sons were on the deck of their boat when they noticed a herd of dark coloured creatures with serrated backs being chased down a channel by a pod of beluga whales. They were stunned to see these animals as they resembled no known animal they had ever seen in their years of fishing.

So what do we think? 15 Caddies being caught on film being pursued by Beluga's? Seems almost too hard to believe. If we are to believe what we read then the animal is supposed to directly resemble the supposed corpse photo that has existed for years, yet this animal has never been taken seriously, why?

Any thought's on the TV show it could be on? A new one off episode of Monsterquest?

Initial opinions...could be major news....

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sinewave

• Zero2Hero

• Pauly Dangerously

• Grape Soda

Sorry if I sound cynical, but the video if shown will probably be the usual blurry, out of focus and shaky footage of what could be anything. :hmm:

Edited by grendals_bane

Very interesting. I really can't wait to see the video. It was most likely hoaxed, but I'd like to see how they did it.

As for the TV series, I would guess either MonsterQuest or Fact or Faked. Most likely the former.

I'm thinking squids, or more likely fish on this one. Like tuna. But not having the footage here and now isn't helping either.

Shame how the article doesn't comment on the quality of the video. It would at least be comforting to see, "when it came to quality, the footage was quite clear", or something along those lines.

Cadborosaurus? I love it when the fringe assigns taxonomic names to creatures that have not been confirmed to exist. When real zoological discoveries are made the news is not broken to the world by a TV programs. Findings must be published in professional journals and be subject to necessary peer review to before any such claims could be considered valid. Deliberately bypassing due process indicates this is more about making money off of the gullible than it is about contributing to science. In the end lots of money will have changed hands but no new species will be classified. What a crock of feces this is.

So we've no name, no location, no indication of size or type of boat, no history of the videographer other than that"The footage was obtained by a Washington state fishing boat captain...who fishes in Alaskan waters in the summer", no location as to where this analysis of the tape took place, no mention of what tools were used, no mention of other possibilities what-so-ever. Sounds like the highest form of hype, with no ground to stand on.

So we've no name, no location, no indication of size or type of boat, no history of the videographer other than that"The footage was obtained by a Washington state fishing boat captain...who fishes in Alaskan waters in the summer", no location as to where this analysis of the tape took place, no mention of what tools were used, no mention of other possibilities what-so-ever. Sounds like the highest form of hype, with no ground to stand on.

Some of this information could well be known but just may not be present in the inital article.

I fully expect the TV show to be mega hyped though...anyone remember the baby Ogopogo initially reported on Monsterquest..we all watched the show and it turned out it was a dead fish. Fingers hopefully crossed that this is not the same....

Some of this information could well be known but just may not be present in the inital article.

I fully expect the TV show to be mega hyped though...anyone remember the baby Ogopogo initially reported on Monsterquest..we all watched the show and it turned out it was a dead fish. Fingers hopefully crossed that this is not the same....

Of course you're right, but without any of that information it's not really indicative of anything... it's a "stay tuned" announcment.

Wow; the scientific methos in action! How did they hoax it? have the courtesy to see it before calling it a hoax. Likewise, those who are already speculating as to what it could be (certainly not a cadborosaurus) before seeing it despite that claim of an expert that it is an "unknown animal" are professional level sceptics.

Whatever the film will ultimately show, it is clear that both the ancient Romans and the ancient American Mound builders knew about Caddy as they memorialized him/her it in their art. That's a pretty good feat to accomplish on a mythological creature!

Take a breath experts!

http://s8int.com/WordPress/?p=2193

Wow; the scientific methos in action! How did they hoax it? have the courtesy to see it before calling it a hoax. Likewise, those who are already speculating as to what it could be (certainly not a cadborosaurus) before seeing it despite that claim of an expert that it is an "unknown animal" are professional level sceptics.

Whatever the film will ultimately show, it is clear that both the ancient Romans and the ancient American Mound builders knew about Caddy as they memorialized him/her it in their art. That's a pretty good feat to accomplish on a mythological creature!

Take a breath experts!

I don't think anyone here called it a hoax. It has only been pointed out that the revelation (if there really is one) is highly irregular for true science and appears to be more about hype than anything else.

The appearance of creatures in artwork does not stand as proof of anything. Dragon legends exist in many different and unrelated cultures. That is not proof that dragons are real. It merely suggests that certain things are universal to the human mind despite culture.

Then one of the creatures turned the captain into a newt. But he got better.

I seriously doubt that if a TV station had clear, irrefutable footage of a cadborosaurus (what a stupid name!) pod, they'd wait with its release.

Take a breath experts!

First, I don't believe anyone said "Hoax". They just said that it seems strange to announce it this way. And that the details are fuzzy in definition, at best.

Second, art is art. People draw pictures of girls that are half cat wearing a school girl uniform weilding a twelve foot sword. Doesn't mean they actually saw this and wanted to immortalize it. It means they had an imagination. And the mound builders you speak of, were most likely referencing snakes.

In the end, we are waiting to see this mysterious video, but as the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Some of us have seem claims of footage of every mythological creature one can think of for decades now, and it always ends up the same way. Forgive a little reserved skepticism in light of this alleged videos uncorroborated existence and content.

I agree with Paul. We have been down this road before and it has always lead nowhere. Once or twice a year over on the UFO forum someone announces that full government disclosure is imminent, whatever that means. At the end of the day we are left with anecdotes and no hard evidence.

Should a great revelation eventually occur, it will likely not take the form of a TV show.

i found this item more interesting than the article and comments.

productShot4for100.jpg

That rocks. I wonder if Biff gets a taste of the royalties. :)

That rocks. I wonder if Biff gets a taste of the royalties. :)

they pay him off in barrels of anti stink and irish spring! :lol:

Then one of the creatures turned the captain into a newt. But he got better.

I seriously doubt that if a TV station had clear, irrefutable footage of a cadborosaurus (what a stupid name!) pod, they'd wait with its release.

Why not wait? Leak information and allow the hype to build up? Maybe they have commitments to their current schedule? Who knows how long a documentary takes to film and produce anyway....It's not like it was ever going to be like, "We interrupt your television viewing for this urgent broadcast" :lol:

they pay him off in barrels of anti stink and irish spring! :lol:

Makes sense, I've heard that Biff has a thing for cute Irish girls. ;)

i agree totally

Why not wait? Leak information and allow the hype to build up? Maybe they have commitments to their current schedule? Who knows how long a documentary takes to film and produce anyway....It's not like it was ever going to be like, "We interrupt your television viewing for this urgent broadcast" :lol:

Before documentaries on things like this hit production the papers supporting the views in the documentaries are already in print and submitted to the representative organizations.

Sorry if I sound cynical, but the video if shown will probably be the usual blurry, out of focus and shaky footage of what could be anything. :hmm:

I`d like to believe that you`re wrong...but you`re probably not. :(

Cadborosaurus? I love it when the fringe assigns taxonomic names to creatures that have not been confirmed to exist. When real zoological discoveries are made the news is not broken to the world by a TV programs. Findings must be published in professional journals and be subject to necessary peer review to before any such claims could be considered valid. Deliberately bypassing due process indicates this is more about making money off of the gullible than it is about contributing to science. In the end lots of money will have changed hands but no new species will be classified. What a crock of feces this is.

I'm not commenting on this "event" or argueing against the fact that people use hype like this to make money, but I have to disagree with the whole name thing you're getting at. If the name Cadborosaurus was coined along with the revelation of this footage, then I'd say you're right, but it wasn't. I've been reading about cryptids and stuff like this since I was in like...grade 2 (almost 2 deacdes ago). That name has been used in reference to this cryptid for a looong time, and it wasn't supposed to be taken that seriously. I really don't think they were trying to force it's credibility by bypassing all the processes you mentioned.

I`d like to believe that you`re wrong...but you`re probably not. :(

I'm not commenting on this "event" or argueing against the fact that people use hype like this to make money, but I have to disagree with the whole name thing you're getting at. If the name Cadborosaurus was coined along with the revelation of this footage, then I'd say you're right, but it wasn't. I've been reading about cryptids and stuff like this since I was in like...grade 2 (almost 2 deacdes ago). That name has been used in reference to this cryptid for a looong time, and it wasn't supposed to be taken that seriously. I really don't think they were trying to force it's credibility by bypassing all the processes you mentioned.

The whole name is Cadborosaurus willsi. They have gone ahead and set aside a genus AND a species for the thing without benefit of a specimen. This is getting ahead of themselves, don't you think? This is simply not done when reputable scientists are involved. Besides, if it does exist maybe it belongs to a known genus and the Cadborosaurus part will be wholly unnecessary. Without evidence, there is no reason to classify it other than to enhance the assertion that it exists.

If there are fifteen of them, then that at least rules out the number one culprit....logs!

I think this sounds promising, I can't really say whether it's going to be bad or not, how am I meant to know without seeing the footage? B)

The whole name is Cadborosaurus willsi. They have gone ahead and set aside a genus AND a species for the thing without benefit of a specimen. This is getting ahead of themselves, don't you think?

They're just excited. :tu:

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

I smell the rich aroma of bovine feces based solely on the "coming soon - FOOTAGE OF MONSTERS!!" way it's being advertised.

I smell the rich aroma of bovine feces based solely on the "coming soon - FOOTAGE OF MONSTERS!!" way it's being advertised.

yeah,it sounds like$*** to me too! :lol: :lol: :lol: