Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

15 Cadborosaurus's on film..coming September

Zero2Hero

the second over-explanation of the footage just solidified what i already suspected. this is just shakey, blurry footage that's been sold to "monsterquest"; a show that's lasted for 4 seasons and has YET to yield ANY findings whatsoever.

I disagree. Monsterquest was indeed a terrible show (i still watched however) BUT...the big finding they had was to prove the 'Gable' Film was a complete hoax. That was the best monsterquest episode ever!

As for this footage...I guess we'll have to wait and see. All the usual 'hype' experts are out and about already.

I'm sure there is some sort of footage, and I'm equally sure it will be open to much debate, and not answer any questions.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sinewave

• Zero2Hero

• Pauly Dangerously

• Grape Soda

I disagree. Monsterquest was indeed a terrible show (i still watched however) BUT...the big finding they had was to prove the 'Gable' Film was a complete hoax. That was the best monsterquest episode ever!

As for this footage...I guess we'll have to wait and see. All the usual 'hype' experts are out and about already.

I'm sure there is some sort of footage, and I'm equally sure it will be open to much debate, and not answer any questions.

that's kind of what i was talking about....in 4 seasons, they didn't FIND anything or any evidence to prove any of these monsters exist. they proved the 'gable' film was a hoax, but they didn't find anything to prove or lead any credence that there is the possibility for ANY of the cryptids featured on the show to exist.

I wonder if it lays giant Cadbury cream eggs, mmmm

The guy seems pretty convinced it a crypto but I still don't really see how he's an expert just seems he's been into crypto for a long time. Still, I will reserve judgement untill I see the film (on a replayer of some sort) but I'm not gettin my hopes up...

The guy seems pretty convinced it a crypto but I still don't really see how he's an expert just seems he's been into crypto for a long time. Still, I will reserve judgement untill I see the film (on a replayer of some sort) but I'm not gettin my hopes up...

For the right amount of money he would be "convinced" it was his own mother. :) These things always turn out to be much less than the hype.

that's kind of what i was talking about....in 4 seasons, they didn't FIND anything or any evidence to prove any of these monsters exist. they proved the 'gable' film was a hoax, but they didn't find anything to prove or lead any credence that there is the possibility for ANY of the cryptids featured on the show to exist.

You are dead right on that. Still, it was much better than the other shows on TV. Give me an episode of Monsterquest any day over The Bachelor's Big Brother's Wife Swap, or whatever that reality crap is.... :rolleyes:

I'll be on here to see you retract that next month :tu:

I wont be retracting anything.

Footage of 15 Cadborosaurus's doesn't exist. Whether the footage physically exists or not is irrelevant, whatever it is it will not show Cadborosaurus's.

You are dead right on that. Still, it was much better than the other shows on TV. Give me an episode of Monsterquest any day over The Bachelor's Big Brother's Wife Swap, or whatever that reality crap is.... :rolleyes:

i concur!

it's silly, but not quite as absurd as that other reality trash tv. i also have the afternoon guilty pleasure of watching "a haunting" which is equally silly, but better than maury povich.

I think Carl Sagan said it best.

"Observation: I can't see a thing. Conclusion: Dinosaurs."

I wont be retracting anything.

Footage of 15 Cadborosaurus's doesn't exist. Whether the footage physically exists or not is irrelevant, whatever it is it will not show Cadborosaurus's.

Right, where's that facepalm smiley?

Of course you won't, you scofftics are all the same. Hell, if there was a Cadborosaurus swimming behind you right now you probably wouldn't turn around to look because you are so determined that it doesn't exist. :P

Of course you won't, you scofftics are all the same. Hell, if there was a Cadborosaurus swimming behind you right now you probably wouldn't turn around to look because you are so determined that it doesn't exist. :P

Err... no.

I look at everything from a scientific point of view. Yes, i am a sceptic because i'm not stupid enough to believe everything i read without scientific evidence to back it up.

Not only that, but it's footage of 15 (15 no less!) supposedly extinct creatures which has been sold to... the Discovery Channel. Not verified by the top scientists of the time, no, sold to a t.v show for analysis. There's also the fact that the Discovery Channel is infamous for promoting absolute crap as fact.

Look, i would love this to be legit, seriously, but it just reeks of absolute BS. If it is real, then i will hold up my hands and admit i'm wrong, but somehow, i don't think that will happen.

Edited by Insignia

On what do you base this smugness of yours? The cryptid community is batting exactly 0.000 after YEARS of effort. Why should anyone take the notion seriously?

On what do you base this smugness of yours? The cryptid community is batting exactly 0.000 after YEARS of effort. Why should anyone take the notion seriously?

gorillas were cryptids until they were actually discovered. that's 0.01% at least.

gorillas were cryptids until they were actually discovered. that's 0.01% at least.

Gorillas were not cryptids they were just unknown species. They were reported in certain places, scientists arrived and found them with very little effort. There were no decades long searches based on confused witness testimony and lots of local legend. They were really not terribly difficult to find. The cryptid community is still batting 0.000.

Gorillas were not cryptids they were just unknown species. They were reported in certain places, scientists arrived and found them with very little effort. There were no decades long searches based on confused witness testimony and lots of local legend. They were really not terribly difficult to find. The cryptid community is still batting 0.000.

yes I know it's wiki but ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology

yes I know it's wiki but ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology

When a word, like cryptid has no formal meaning it can be interpreted any way you like. The existence of gorillas and kangaroos in no way makes Nessie or Biff any more real. Any such assertions are just vain attempts by the Fortean community to appear legitimate. Their beliefs are based more on wishful thinking than on science.

Edited by sinewave

When a word, like cryptid has no formal meaning it can be interpreted any way you like.

Meaning... you can not say it was not a crypto creature. Anything that is mythic or undiscovered (But rumored) by Science, is a crypto creature. It is the difference of finding a pelt in a market and anaylizing it and finding a new species, or tracking the same animal through the woods looking for evidence based on some local saying he had such a pelt. Either way can lead to an undiscovered, or re-discovered animal. But, the rumored one is a crypto creature till proven to be true. The status of some Crypto creatures is sort of like the status of Schrödinger's Cat, the creature is not real till proven to be, but you can still hear a cat meowing somewhere.

When a word, like cryptid has no formal meaning it can be interpreted any way you like. The existence of gorillas and kangaroos in no way makes Nessie or Biff any more real. Any such assertions are just vain attempts by the Fortean community to appear legitimate. Their beliefs are based more on wishful thinking than on science.

never once have I personally asserted otherwise. HOWEVER I do argue against this prevailing concept of "we don't know about it, therefore it doesn't exist" because time and again such a position has been proven to be foolhardy at the least and actively detrimental to the expansion of the sum of knowledge at the worst.

Meaning... you can not say it was not a crypto creature. Anything that is mythic or undiscovered (But rumored) by Science, is a crypto creature. It is the difference of finding a pelt in a market and anaylizing it and finding a new species, or tracking the same animal through the woods looking for evidence based on some local saying he had such a pelt. Either way can lead to an undiscovered, or re-discovered animal. But, the rumored one is a crypto creature till proven to be true. The status of some Crypto creatures is sort of like the status of Schrödinger's Cat, the creature is not real till proven to be, but you can still hear a cat meowing somewhere.

No, you are only hearing other people telling you that the cat is meowing. That is precisely the point. There is NO hard evidence of any of the popular "cryptids" only anecdotes. If one broadens the definition enough anything can seem possible but in the end you have to prove it. I stand pat on my statement that no "cryptids" have ever turned out to be real.

never once have I personally asserted otherwise. HOWEVER I do argue against this prevailing concept of "we don't know about it, therefore it doesn't exist" because time and again such a position has been proven to be foolhardy at the least and actively detrimental to the expansion of the sum of knowledge at the worst.

Science does not consider anything to exist without hard evidence but never states that something does NOT exist. The Biff hypothesis is valid just extremely unlikely given the evidence gathered so far.

Science does not consider anything to exist without hard evidence but never states that something does NOT exist. The Biff hypothesis is valid just extremely unlikely given the evidence gathered so far.

science doesn't consider anything at all. Science is a discipline, PEOPLE consider things. And there is a sadly far too common mindset that says "we don't know about it, therefore it doesn't exist", it's a mindset that we as a species has had since Adam was a lad.

I don't know about Cady, but when I lived on Okanagan lake in my beach house when I first met my wife, we were having a party, and most of us were on the deck midsummer night, and quite liquored, but everyone recalls the event.

We heard a mega splash in the lake not 30 feet from us, and we could all see an eerie pair of eyes that seemed to glow like a cat's only they were directed at us, and the eyes easily had to be 24 inches apart. We heard another splash and it was gone. Ogopogo?. I'm not sure but it's nothing I'd ever seen before nor since. I know it was not a sturgeon, because I'd been around many of those and their eyes don't appear to glow at you in the night.

Edited by Welder

Anyone have any updates as to when this will air????