Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Member with a UFO story in Nova Scotia

fdd2blk

Hey all,

As you can tell, I am a new member. I'm from Toronto, Ontario and I am a full time student at the University of Toronto. I was searching up "The Fourth Kind" (movie) discussion and found this website. After clicking around a bit, I realized this forum also touched base with discussions regarding UFO phenomenon. I share my story with many people but to them its just a story and is often soon forgotten but for me I think about it very often.

Anyway, enough about me and lets move onward to my story that I would like to share.

In August of 2009 I went on vacation with my girlfriend to the East coast of Canada, in Nova Scotia. One evening we were watching the news broadcast on the television and discovered that Nova Scotia would have meteor showers all week and if you went out at night you were bound to see something passing through the night skies. If anyone has been or seen pictures of Nova Scotia, you would know that its just forest in every direction and the nights are pitch black, there are hardly any street lights like you would see here in Toronto. My girlfriend and I went out every evening religiously through the entire week to view the stars, so we were familiar with stars, planes/helicopters, satellites, air balloons, shooting stars, comets (not that we've seen any that week) and whatever else you would normally see.

However, soon it was near the final day of our stay on vacation and we decided to go out one last time to watch the stars before we headed to the airport early in the morning. It was about 11pm and we (both my girlfriend and I witnessed this) opened the front door and it was pitch black. Immediately, my eyes were locked onto something green coloured off in the distance and it was a very vibrant green like neon green. The closest thing I could compare this green orb to are the fireworks you often see shooting out red, yellow, green, etc but it didnt move at all and it was far too high off in the distance to be some fireworks. It hovered in a single spot for just a single second but long enough to realize that it wasnt moving. To my amazement even until this day, the green orb "zig-zagged" like a "Z" shape off into the distance and as it moved it left a green tail/trail/debris behind it. There was No sound at all and it accelerated VERY quickly and effortlessly like watching a bowling ball rolling down a bowling lane. After the zig-zag motion, it vanished and I have never seen anything like it or have come across any explanation for it. It gave such a chilling vibe the moment it disappeared. You hear stories about UFOs and TV shows and sometimes I would be skeptical but no, this was seen with my bare eyes and my girlfriends to verify what we saw that night on August 18th, 2009.

As soon as we got back to Toronto I Googled up "green orb" or "neon green light in the sky" and I came across a website called Global Voices where people report unexplained sightings. Whatever this was, is being seen all throughout the globe by dozens to hundreds of people to as far as Singapore. I arranged my setting on the website so I could get immediate emails sent to me when someone posts up something relating to seeing a green orb. Here's a link if you're interested in reading 16 pages of comments from people who have seen the same thing throughout the world by regular folks like you and I: http://globalvoicesonline.org/2007/01/07/singapore-strange-green-lights-in-the-sky/

To all the skeptics out there, what can I say? I'm just telling you what I saw and I'd like your feedback. After watching UFO Hunters and Ancient Aliens (recommended) on the History Channel and watching "The Fourth Kind" the movie, I am left with more questions than when it first sparked interest.

• Like 1

Wow i think someone came on here last year or whereever and saw the same thing and that area has a LOT of UFO sightings.

Did you read through all the entries on the globalvoices site that you linked to? If so, you might have seen an entry about "bolide meteors." Is this what you saw? Here's a couple of images.

Edited by archernyc

Did you read through all the entries on the globalvoices site that you linked to? If so, you might have seen an entry about "bolide meteors." Is this what you saw? Here's a couple of images.

Hey great question! No, I'm confident that it was not a bolide meteor and I just went to look it up on YouTube for a sample video of a bolide meteor (

). The green orb was not moving when I first looked at it, it was still in the sky and thus there was no "tail" until it started to move. Also, the pictures of bolide meteors have very long trails behind them and it can cover a large distance as it travels through the atmosphere. However, the light that I saw had a fairly short tail relative to bolide meteors and it would disappear instantly. I dont want to jump to any conclusions but from the manner in which it moved made it appear to be operated by from form of intelligence. What in nature can accelerate in one direction and the next moment, it heads in the opposite direction WITHOUT "brakes" or slowing down to make a turn like we do in our cars?

If you put your palm infront of you, imagine all this "zig-zagging" happened off in the distance within the area of your palm. Bolide meteors look like they take up a very large space in the sky and only travel in one direction.

Yes, the zigzagging is a definite indicator to me too, just wanted to rule out the meteor first.

Did you see this one:

Around 5:15 am July 16th (2008) we saw a green light all around us and to the north of us it was flashing. Our animals inside and outside of our house were going crazy. The ones outside wanted to come in and the ones inside wanted to go out. We saw many helicopters and planes heading toward the source of the flashing lights. But the odd thing is that they didnt mention ANYTHING on the news about it. We live in Parma Ohio by the way.

Yes, the zigzagging is a definite indicator to me too, just wanted to rule out the meteor first.

Did you see this one:

We have pets in Nova Scotia but there was no activity amongst any them. We had 3 dogs in the house at the time, a jack russel, pug (always unaware of its surroundings lol), and a german sherpard. All were likely asleep. This is a farm so we also have 4 cats and I'm sure they were all out that night and I dont recall seeing any return to the house. There are also cattle in the field but we didn't hear any of them. I've heard of cattle mutulation but they were all fine in the morning.

I've often heard of UFO's hovering over airports or military bases and I believe that it could have been over a military base at the time. Although I was just a visitor and I could be wrong about the geographical area but there is a military presense not far from where I was. I dont want this discussion to get tangled with a debate on whether or not it was a plane or some flying craft but I think it may be a good clue for future reference.

Maybe it's that natural plasma phenomenon? The new 'swamp gas' :devil:

Maybe it's that natural plasma phenomenon? The new 'swamp gas' :devil:

Could very well be,... They are after all both known to exist. :P:yes:

Could very well be,... They are after all both known to exist. :P:yes:

:tu:

Hey great question! No, I'm confident that it was not a bolide meteor and I just went to look it up on YouTube for a sample video of a bolide meteor (

). The green orb was not moving when I first looked at it, it was still in the sky and thus there was no "tail" until it started to move. Also, the pictures of bolide meteors have very long trails behind them and it can cover a large distance as it travels through the atmosphere. However, the light that I saw had a fairly short tail relative to bolide meteors and it would disappear instantly. I dont want to jump to any conclusions but from the manner in which it moved made it appear to be operated by from form of intelligence. What in nature can accelerate in one direction and the next moment, it heads in the opposite direction WITHOUT "brakes" or slowing down to make a turn like we do in our cars?

If you put your palm infront of you, imagine all this "zig-zagging" happened off in the distance within the area of your palm. Bolide meteors look like they take up a very large space in the sky and only travel in one direction.

When something is very far away but moving directly toward you it will appear as if it is stationary.

Frankly I don't know what you saw but lights in the sky at night can be almost anything. If I were an alien race that had the technology to travel to distant planets I likely wouldn't be using lights where I didn't want to be seen. Yes, I realize that you didn't identify it as such.

When something is very far away but moving directly toward you it will appear as if it is stationary.

Frankly I don't know what you saw but lights in the sky at night can be almost anything. If I were an alien race that had the technology to travel to distant planets I likely wouldn't be using lights where I didn't want to be seen. Yes, I realize that you didn't identify it as such.

I agree that it could have been moving towards my direction and may have seemed to be stationary as a result... That would suggest that it made an additional turn before even zig-zagging and then moving away into the distance. Thats 4 different directions.

If you were an alien race visiting a distant planet, you would personally not use bright lights but what if those lights served a purpose? Maybe the light is apart of that advanced technology that allows "it" to move that way it does. With our current level technology, of course we wouldn't have lights on in the middle of the night sky in a distant planet but what if they were confident that us humans cannot harm them? Just a theory. Well, assuming that there are "E.Ts"

I agree that it could have been moving towards my direction and may have seemed to be stationary as a result... That would suggest that it made an additional turn before even zig-zagging and then moving away into the distance. Thats 4 different directions.

If you were an alien race visiting a distant planet, you would personally not use bright lights but what if those lights served a purpose? Maybe the light is apart of that advanced technology that allows "it" to move that way it does. With our current level technology, of course we wouldn't have lights on in the middle of the night sky in a distant planet but what if they were confident that us humans cannot harm them? Just a theory. Well, assuming that there are "E.Ts"

Your "theory" stinks. :lol:

If it looks and quacks like a duck...

Yea sure, that might also be in "their" mysterious agenda. :rofl:

Your "theory" stinks. :lol:

If it looks and quacks like a duck...

Yea sure, that might also be in "their" mysterious agenda. :rofl:

Be nice hazzard.

Did you know swamp gas, isnt call swamp gas?

Sounds cooler than "biogas".

• 2 years later...

My husband and I live in the Boston area but we own a home in southwestern Nova Scotia. In early July we visited our home and invited another couple to join us. One night, quite late, our friend was on the deck looking at the stars. He was out there for quite a while, so I went out to check on him. He said, "Look up there. We have a visitor."

I looked at where he was pointing and saw a bright star and it was zig-zagging and doing tiny loop-da-loops. My husband soon joined us and claimed it was Jupiter, but Jupiter is a stationary planet. My husband is also a UFO believer, like our friend, but I think what he was seeing scared him and he went back inside. A few seconds later, our friend looked to the west and said, "Hmmm...another one right over there." I looked and saw another bright star doing the same thing the other star was doing -- zig-zagging and looping. I couldn't believe my eyes, but there they were, moving around.

Our friends left a day or so later and my husband and I stayed another four days. Then, on our final morning, we were packing our car to come home. I had placed a pile of bedding on a living room chair and after handing it to my husband for packing in the trunk, I looked down at the chair seat, covered in velveteen fabric, and saw a weird impression or pattern in the seat. The pattern was the size of a pie plate and looked like a crop circle -- all geometric shapes such as circles, triangles and squares. My husband looked at it with me and said, "You must have put something on the chair that caused the pattern." No, I did not. There was nothing among our belongings that would make that pattern. And our friends' belongings didn't make that pattern, either. I thought and thought and thought about everything we had with us and what our friends had brought and there was simply nothing that we would have put on that chair to cause such a pattern.

I'm a level-headed woman and, I think, perfectly sane. We've been home for a few weeks now, and tonight I googled UFO sightings in Nova Scotia. That led me to this website. I have no explanations, but the sightings and later the pattern on the chair still make me wonder.

Edited by Journalist Gail
  • Like 1