Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shamanic initiation crisis or it's counter pa

White Crane Feather

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 0:00 PM, Virtual Particle said:

How waste is removed from a cell

Our unconscious mind is functional and related to the functionality of our major organs. As explained, a failure in this aspect of our individual brain capacity? Can result in death or the need for medical treatment. Mitocondrial's operate in a similar way and could potentially be an equivalent. That mitochondrial's are related to diseases is a clinically accurate description. A healthy body releases all its waste but if you add toxins such a drugs or what you are provided in "fast food restaurants" one is then "taxing" the system. Berries and nuts are part of our staple diet, in relation to ancient development. Perhaps once a week we had access to meat (nuts contain amino acids). Also, certain types of fluids are better for us as our bodies are oriented to them due to evolution.

Markprice states...

Mitochondrial's move around the cell and provide energy...consider a "submarine", in an enviroment. Who's responsibility, is to collect energy from a source tht is provided, from a gateway. The "submarine" collects the energy an then tranfers it to all the parts of the cell and thus the cell remains alive.

Jung in relation to all of this presented the issue of the Collective unconscious

Any thoughts?

could it have something to do with Laetrile ??  http://www.vitaminb17.org/is_cancer_merely_a_vitamin_deficiency.htm

. Where things get decidedly more interesting is his proof that Eskimos and Indians living in their natural environments and eating traditional foods, NEVER contract cancer or suffer from heart complaints: exactly the same as the Hunza people in the Himalayas, despite the Eskimos and American Indians being carnivores rather than vegetarians. Careful investigation reveals the most likely common factor to be vitamin B17. The caribou which form a large part of the staple diet of both groups graze predominantly on arrow grass containing up to 15,000 mg per kilo nitriloside, the primary source of B17. The salmon berries dried and eaten by Eskimos and Indians alike also contain huge quantities of vitamin B17. So in these widely differing communities vegetarians and carnivores alike can both remain perfectly healthy. This is of particular importance to those who are environmentally unable to take up a vegetarian diet by choice. Such a diet would be well nigh impossible on the polar ice caps or in arid deserts. Unfortunately for most 'civilized' western cultures, grasses and other foodstuffs now used to feed domestic animals intended for human consumption rarely contain more than a trace of nitriloside, though they did until botanists and biochemists started to genetically alter our plant life. In turn this means our secondary source of vitamin B17 (through the meat food-chain) is fast drying up. Where The Hunza or Eskimaux get an average individual ration of between 250 and 3,000 milligrams of vitamin B17 every day, European folk eating 'healthy' modern foods receive barely 2 milligrams.

I can't find any research for suggesting  this link... but instinctively feel it is important..

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 0:16 PM, Agent. Mulder said:

Now only if someone could prove the spirit/soul is something real.

reading some Jungian studies.. and likes how he replies to the ideation of controlled studies of human consciousness.. ( in the terms of collective consciousness) and why it can't be studied or validated in closed laboratory conditions... ) <<<>>>> Jung referred to the collective unconscious as an empirical concept, based on evidence, its elusive nature does create a barrier to traditional experimental research. June Singer writes:
But the collective unconscious lies beyond the conceptual limitations of individual human consciousness, and thus cannot possibly be encompassed by them. We cannot, therefore, make controlled experiments to prove the existence of the collective unconscious, for the psyche of man , holistically conceived, cannot be brought under laboratory conditions without doing violence to its nature. […] In this respect, psychology may be compared to astronomy, the phenomena of which also cannot be enclosed within a controlled setting. The heavenly bodies must be observed where they exist in the natural universe, under their own conditions, rather than under conditions we might propose to set for them.. h

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious

...  modern version of collective unconscious is the study of Transgenerational Trauma.. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201205/how-trauma-is-carried-across-generations   They believe that we have access to this through experiential activation of memories collected and inherited in our DNA.   Our DNA is like the spiritual Akashic record... holding all the information.. skills memories.. experiences of all our connected ancestors.. races... from the beginning of time.

Telepathy... extra sensory perception... prophetic dreams.. Deja Vu are all  hints and clues as to an existence/ influence/ consciousness connections   that extends outside our physical selves.. think of us as human wifi receivers and projectors... out of body experiences... There are so many recorded experiences of this.. ( if you have not experienced this yourself... think of half inexplicable  remembered possible experiences.. usually the mind cognitively relegates these experiences  or readjusts/ rewrites  your experience of this to another part of your memories..  I think modern science calls it cognitive dissonance :) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-happens-to-the-brain-during-cognitive-dissonance1/

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2010 at 10:56 AM, markprice said:

I got a link to work then selected a DNA song at random and it reminded me of bird song. I wonder if they have investigated natural bird songs to be DNA specific? Couldn't get the Irish jig to play, but there is the Irish and alcohol...

On what Mulder said: "no proof of other realms, no proof of soul/spirit..." If they were truly other realms then nothing in this realm would be equipped to prove it. Trying to think of an analogy, but none exist. You can try to describe another realm but words soon fail; what can be talked about is experience. It's like those who have seen a UFO--and that's not even another realm--are convinced of their experience. If Hawking can say aliens are likely based on the probability of other planets/suns...then why isn't another realm possible/likely based on this one? I think he agrees with that, but I have not read his work. If there is no proof possible (no other realm part can exist in this realm to provide evidence, just the traumatic brief experience of another realm and those who can access it), it makes no sense to demand proof. Here's a possible analogy: can anything hold a piece of the sun?

we hold a piece of the Sun via the warmth when sunbathing... piece of the sun when we eat of the land.. photosynthesis of plants growing... our vitamin D.. human version of photo synthesis... of the sun.. our serotonin... by product of photosynthesis.. ;)  

Our brain's ability to negate or rewrite experiences may be responsible for our lack of memory of any spiritual/ multidimensional experiences.. connections..   intuition is  a good one.. inexplicable emotions.. memories... how the environment seems to behave outside the natural order around you .. or to punctuate certain happenings..  can be another ... a great sudden swathe of synchronicities that influence your choices.. like nudging you... vivid dreams where all you senses are involved..  ... sudden visions.. ( appear.. and are experienced like snippets of dreams.. with added sensory punctuations... smells.. feeling breezes.. strong emotions.. etc.. .) The most common is finding that you have shared the same dream with someone else... like you were both actors in the play.. it is OK to experience a different awareness of some of the aspects of the dream..   ;) the cognitive dissonance... eg: you focus on your interest.. needs, message perception  of that dream..  prophetic dreams.. usually experienced as Deja Vu... ( I know science tries to rewrite it as a type of brain fart.. or misfiring.. ) but I have had too many where this sense  deja vu would go on for a significant time.. where I knew exactly who would say what.. who would do what.. who would walk in the door..  for the next hour or so...   Usually these experiences would freak me out.. as it was usually  a preparation for some dramatic occasion.. like when my Dad found out that  he had cancer... etc....  but then again.. I think too that these are key forks or hiccups in life.. it is usually those deja vu times that you always go back and remember.. if only... or .. this could have ..   then you go back before that hiccup time and think of what if.. or reminisce fondly..  so you create a Wifi.. psychic connected to these times.. that dimensionally .. inter dimensionally.. extra dimensionally.. lives somehow out side our 4th dimension of knowings..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-happens-to-the-brain-during-cognitive-dissonance1/

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 1:03 PM, Agent. Mulder said:

You mean millions of people assuming its real, and havin subjective experiences.

Doesnt count. Welcome to reality.

Ultimately, although Jung referred to the collective unconscious as an empirical concept, based on evidence, its elusive nature does create a barrier to traditional experimental research. June Singer writes:

But the collective unconscious lies beyond the conceptual limitations of individual human consciousness, and thus cannot possibly be encompassed by them. We cannot, therefore, make controlled experiments to prove the existence of the collective unconscious, for the psyche of man , holistically conceived, cannot be brought under laboratory conditions without doing violence to its nature. […] In this respect, psychology may be compared to astronomy, the phenomena of which also cannot be enclosed within a controlled setting. The heavenly bodies must be observed where they exist in the natural universe, under their own conditions, rather than under conditions we might propose to set for them.[49]   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2010 at 1:33 PM, Agent. Mulder said:

Not to my knowledge, but they may have shown that placebos help (obviously), but not on the level your speaking. Not sure, they may have.

it appears that words can affect the epigenics.. gene expression.. http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/11/30/words-can-change-your-brain/

According to Andrew Newberg, M.D. and Mark Robert Waldman, words can literally change your brain.

In their book, Words Can Change Your Brain, they write: “a single word has the power to influence the expression of genes that regulate physical and emotional stress.”

Positive words, such as “peace” and “love,” can alter the expression of genes, strengthening areas in our frontal lobes and promoting the brain’s cognitive functioning. They propel the motivational centers of the brain into action, according to the authors, and build resiliency.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2010 at 4:34 AM, markprice said:

What is interesting about this is that it requires telepathy to communicate. Person to plant has been proven to work so person to person...but there I think there can be all kinds of interference, like attitude, mental blocks, conditioning etc. It seems that plants are a bit more evolved than us when it comes to telepathy--because it's all they got.

They now have FMRI machines that can read the brain.. so can prove whether messages were sent or received...

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2010 at 7:29 AM, White Crane Feather said:

I'm sorry for that. That was a thing that spilled over from "is this a designer universe" thread. Where arguments are apropriate of that nature. He had it out for me. Couldn't handle a few arguments maturly. He wanted to argue, so I was up. Honestly people like that are entertainment for me. I apologize again. I don't talk about things I don't know about, like your conversation on plant and biochemestry.

By the away I have felt very close to plants. When I'm out I actualy talk to them. I even ask the oak trees at my house what I should do with the yard. Call me crazy I feel like they answer me.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2010 at 1:16 AM, Agent. Mulder said:

You think people see it because they can apparently come close to death? So, you equate it to the NDEs in a way?

Despite the fact that people may not even know theyre going into a seizurse?

Believe me VP, i understand how it works. I was the one explaining it all to you on the NDE thread.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2010 at 5:45 PM, White Crane Feather said:

a few days ago will attempting a journey, I rolled out did not relize I was in non ordinary reality ( I've have trouble with that sometmes if I don't float out ) I walked down stairs thinking it was like any other morning, only to relize that my wife didn't know I was there, she did look

my way a few times as if she sensed something. I watched her get a few things together then leave for work. I then returned to my body and went to a window to watch her drive off. It does not matter what anyone says or does. Proof or no proof. These kinds of experiences seal the deal for me. It's not even faith. I have no choice but to beleive it. I have stood outside my body and looked back at myself, case closed for me. Someone can say that I am hullucinating or dreaming, but I'm awake when I start the process all the way through to when I end it. The only confusion I have is sometimes I don't think it was succesful, especially if I get out in a normal way, so I don't turn to look at myself, so I just go about my business as if I am in normal reality only to find out I'm not. If were dreaming, which I do fairly regularly, i would remember it as a dream. The memoery is exactly as clear as if I were in a nomal state. If I were hullucinating, why such mundane hullucinations as watching my wife go to work?

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2010 at 8:01 AM, White Crane Feather said:

You guys are much more educated on these things than I am. All I know is what has happened. In afraid if I read to many things that I will be tainted in certain directions or that my experiences will be some how be contrived. There seems to be so many different images and archetypes.

When it started for me I had no experience with any if this, and it's been a source of comfort to know it was happening before I knew anything about it. The imagry in the Spirit world is so subjective that I worry that if I read about certain gods, archetypes, entities, etc....... I might see them. I guess It dosnt matter, it's all in context anyway. It would just seem fake to me like I was making it up somehow if I were to start to see these things that others write about. I guess maby then I would never see it that way.

Maby my attitude prevents me from seeing certain things? I have looked intensly for the silver cord everyone talks about, but there is nothing there. I would beleive that it's a myth except, I have looked down at myself before and have not been able to see myself...... Only my depression on the bed..... Only to watch myself materialize. Only after I was truely ready to accept that I was looking at myself could I actually see. Is there anyone here at all that does the journy? Virtual? I could use a conversation with somone more experienced.

I have seen what looks like golden strings of bubbles... rising up from all the joints like puppet strings..   I only saw them at lengths of no longer than 10 centimeters...   they could be evidence or validation  of the mystical meridian lines the ancients all knew about.. the ones they use for acupuncture etc..

http://thespiritscience.net/2014/06/16/what-a-shaman-sees-in-a-mental-hospital/

In the shamanic view, mental illness signals “the birth of a healer,” explains Malidoma Patrice Somé.  Thus, mental disorders are spiritual emergencies, spiritual crises, and need to be regarded as such to aid the healer in being born.

What those in the West view as mental illness, the Dagara people regard as “good news from the other world.”  The person going through the crisis has been chosen as a medium for a message to the community that needs to be communicated from the spirit realm.  “Mental disorder, behavioral disorder of all kinds, signal the fact that two obviously incompatible energies have merged into the same field,” says Dr. Somé.  These disturbances result when the person does not get assistance in dealing with the presence of the energy from the spirit realm.

Despite decades of attempts to pigeonhole them, shamans simply do not slip neatly into traditional psychiatric categories. Much has been made of the initiation crisis, and yet what is most important is not the crisis itself but what comes out of it. For the shaman "is not only a sick man" said Eliade, "he is a sick man who has been cured, who has succeeded in curing himself."(Eliade, 1964) From this perspective "shamanism is not a disease but being healed from disease."(Ackerknecht, 1943)

In fact, shamans are often the most functional members of their community, and according to Eliade "show proof of a more than normal nervous constitution."(Eliade, 1964) They can display remarkable energy and stamina, unusual levels of concentration, high intelligence, leadership skills, and a grasp of complex myths and rituals.(Eliade, 1964; Reichel-Dolmataoff, 1987; Rogers, 1982) What can we make of this curious combination of initial disturbance and subsequent health? Are there any data and diagnoses that can encompass both the initial disturbance and the subsequent recovery? http://www.katinkahesselink.net/other/shamanism.html

.. more on scientific  verified   ... repeatable tests  ... on the power of the mind..  http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/03/06/scientists-witness-eye-opening-effects-of-qi-energy-on-plant-dna-cellular-growth/

On the other hand, many distinguished scientists are also recognizing and accepting the importance and relevance of this type of phenomena. Material science is great, but it’s time to usher in the reality of non-material science, something Nikola Tesla said would advance humanity immensely, with progress increasing at an exponential rate.

Quantum mechanics has questioned what we perceive to be the ‘material’ foundations of the world by showing that subatomic particles and atoms are not really solid objects, and has brought human consciousness into the equation.

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”  –  Max Planck, theoretical physicist who originated quantum theory, which won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918

Further to this...  It was also  published.. so real creds.. :)     

Seeds induced to germinate rapidly by mentally projected 'qi energy' are apparently genetically altered.

Author information

• 1Department of Biology, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, China.

Abstract

Mentally controlled qi energy can induce crop seeds to sprout and root for several cm within about 20 min. The RAPD method was used to compare treated groups of wheat and pea seeds and their controls using 11 selected primers. Seven primers amplified polymorphisms in wheat seeds and 5 in pea seeds. It was thought preliminarily that qi energy changed the structure of a germination-correlated gene site speeding up expression and advancing it in time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10794112

Scientists Witness “Woman With Exceptional Powers” Of Mind Rapidly Grow A Plant From A Seed

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/07/01/scientists-witness-woman-with-exceptional-powers-of-mind-rapidly-grow-a-plant-from-a-seed/

• 2 weeks later...

Humans may have evolved with genes acquired from plants, micro-organisms and fungi according to a new study.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11467685/Humans-may-have-evolved-with-genes-from-plants-study-finds.html

In humans, they identified 128 foreign genes in the human genome that had not previously been reported. The majority were related to enzymes involved in metabolism.

The gene transfer in animal species mainly originated from bacteria and protists, a class of microorganism. Others came from viruses.

Dr Crisp added: “We can now show that HGT is not just confined to micro-organisms. It has played a role in all species we looked at.

“We now need to look at evolutionary models to take this information into account.

"Surprisingly, far from being a rare occurrence, it appears that HGT has contributed to the evolution of many, perhaps all, animals and that the process is ongoing, meaning that we may need to re-evaluate how we think about evolution."

He said it was not known how the transfers happened but said that it was millions of years ago and suspected to be down to “random chance”.

“It’s less than one per cent of the human genome that’s been transferred,” he added.