Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spirit

Can you help?

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I will be starting a philosophy and religion course soon at college, so it might help to know a bit about other peoples religions before i start. I have been doing some research on my own but its too one sided, i want to know how people feel about their beliefs, are they happy with them? is there anything they would change?

So i hope you don't mind giving me a hand by sharing some of your beliefs with me and why you believe them.

Thanks for your time,

Spirit xxx

I don't believe in orginzed religions like Christianity or Islam wink2.gif

Basically I have a bunch of different beliefs, which do not include The Bible, Quran or anyother "holy" book out-there.

I am perfectly happy with my beliefs and as it stand right now, and I do not wish to change any of them.

What I believe: Holy books are not holy

I **do** believe in higher being, however it is not perfect nor is it "almighty" as major religions claim it is.

I tend to believe science first rather than religion.

I think that's about it thumbsup.gif

I was born, raised and to this day a remain a catholic. I dont like how catholic churches are so routine and how there is so much belief in the bible. This was a book written hundreds of years ago by MAN not God. I guess i would lable myself an unorthadox catholic. Me and my God have an understanding and im happy with it!

My suggestion is Read the Conversation's with God books. They are filled with philosophy. And its real good stuff too. It will really make you think, in ways youve never thought before. original.gif

I'm an active Pagan, and quite happy with my beliefs. Although I incorporate many different spiritual teachings into my life, I find a way to put it altogether into a happy way of thinking, being, and acting in my everday life. There isn't really anything I would change, except that I wish I had the time in my life to experiance more of everything this wonderful planet has to offer! thumbsup.gif

grin2.gif I am a HAPPY, HAPPY, Pagan grin2.gif

I Follow the Celtic Path. I have no bible, I study history, science, and spirituality. I would not change anything in my Path. I enjoy it to no end.

grin2.gif I'm a Christian, and overjoyed to be one. grin2.gif

Twas not always so, but once I questioned the validity of my own set of personalized, tailor made beliefs that I was quite comfortable with mind you, and looked into the truthfullness of The Bible for about a year, then I finally came to what I consider to be the knowledge of the truth and try to help others understand what I myself discovered.

I believe that God loves us all and wants us to do right and be with him for all eternity basking in the light of his love.

Well wishes and prayers to all. original.gif

I was born, raised and to this day a remain a catholic. I dont like how catholic churches are so routine and how there is so much belief in the bible. This was a book written hundreds of years ago by MAN not God. I guess i would lable myself an unorthadox catholic. Me and my God have an understanding and im happy with it!

I'm Episcopalian, which is a branch of the Catholic Church, but not as strict, it's much more laid back, and casual. They actually refer to it as "Catholic without the guilt". Anyways, I agree with you 100% about the Bible thing, how it was written by MAN, and not by God himself. Makes you wonder how many human mistakes went into that thing...after the translation and all. huh.gif

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if anyone can point out to me where there is ONE, not two, not three, but ONE single error, that has no possible explanation other than it was a lie inserted into The Bible to fool people, sell copies, or whatever... wacko.gif then I'll give up my faith, because my faith is in a PERFECT GOD who made sure that his will for man was faithfully preserved by assisting the human writers of The Bible (Through The Holy Spirit) into truthfully recalling both what happened in the past, and his will for us. The easiest parts to try to "catch" The Bible in an outright lie would be the parts recalling history, as we can't prove or dis-prove his will for us other than to test the veracity of the biblical accounts. Now keep in mind that I tried this myself before becoming a Christian, and even asked myself at one point whether or not I'd share the information with the rest of the world if I was somehow able to dis-prove Gods existense. I tried, and I could'nt. My faith is based on the genuine conviction of the absolute honesty and truth of The Bible. If it's not true, then the only thing that religion would be good for is for feel good social functions, which might be good enough for some, but not for me. If it's not true, then I'm out. So bring it on. See if you can do what I could'nt do and maybe in the process you'll become one of the most famous people(If not the most beloved, but hey this is TRUTH we're talking about) who ever lived. Think about it. Fame and Fortune could be yours if you're able to do what no other person has been able to do in the history of mankind.

Of course, if you can't dis-prove it..........then what could that mean?

Thank you everyone for sharing your beliefs with me. You have all helped a great deal in my research, there are lots of interesting beliefs out there

Vermonshocker, i will read 'conversations with God' as it has been recommended to me before.

Love Spirit xxx

If anyone else wants to help me out please share your views! I don't judge, i'm just keen to learn about different beliefs.

Posted (edited)

uh oh not philosophy!! anything but that!!! moms a professor in that lol after 17 yrs of hearing it lol u get bored...

run awaaayy!!! runnn awaayyy!!!

but i have made up my own religion....havent figured out the details yet lol and i do bellive in a higher being...tongue.gif Aliens!!

Edited by Anti_girl17