Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Milk Bottles

...:::*ArorA*:::...

Hey All,

Just wondering if any of you have come across this urban legend

She was just another poor, bedraggled woman, struggling to feed her family. He saw them all the time, their faces careworn, and blank. The Depression had created hundreds of them. He was one of the lucky ones who still had his grocery and money coming in to feed his family.

She came one day to his shop, carrying two empty milk bottles, and wordlessly placed them on the counter in front of him. He took the empties and replaced them with full bottles, saying: "Ten cents, please."

She did not reply. She just took the bottles and left the shop. He might have gone after her to demand his money, or called the police, but he did neither. Her need was in her face, and he always felt a little guilty at being one of the lucky ones with money and a job. She was probably one of the migrant workers, he decided.

She was back the next day with two empty milk bottles. He replaced them with full bottles and watched as she hurried out the door. She looked so worried that he wondered if she had a job at all. If she came back, he would offer her a part-time position cleaning the store.

She came again the next morning, and exchanged her empty bottles for full without saying a word. He tried to talk to her, to ask if she wanted a job, but she practically ran from the store with the milk. Her urgency worried him. He followed, wondering what he could do to help.

To his surprise, she headed away from the migrant camp outside of town. She went instead to the graveyard by the river. As he watched, she hurried up to a stone marker and then disappeared into the ground. He rubbed his eyes in disbelief. Then he heard the muffled cry of a baby. It was coming from the ground underneath the stone marker where the woman had disappeared!

He ran back to the store and phoned the police. Within minutes, the graveyard was swarming with people, and the workers started digging up the grave. When the casket was opened, the store owner saw the woman who had visited his store lying dead within it. In her arms, she held a small baby and two full milk bottles. The baby was still alive.

i remeber hearing about this years ago,

In addition, I stumbled across this story recently

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiddglock

• Emin

• rashore

• mrs_stumpilious

Oh man, what a creepy-cool story. I've never heard it, but I'm glad you shared it with us. I enjoy urban legends such as this. It brings back memories of sitting around a bonfire and sharing stories. Thanks so much! :yes:

:sleepy: Ah, yes i do remember this story, i have indeed heard it before yearz back, i believe either from a man or at school from a teacher. Anyhow i had completely forgotten about that urban legend, thx for the reminder lol. Yes i remember hearing the story told very much the same way, and i remember thinking and believing the actual tale to be true, hehe silly ol gullible me. Oh right now i recall, i heard this story from an old mexican man. :rolleyes: great post! Edited by Hoyle

wow what a tight a$$....complaining about the woman gunna have to start working for him because of a 10 cent a day milk habit......give the woman her milk lol she needs the calcium..for her bones

Edited by Non sequitur

...really? The man was going to offer her a job, to help her out. Not because he wanted his money. Also she was a ghost, so no bones.

-Trix

wow what a tight a$$....complaining about the woman gunna have to start working for him because of a 10 cent a day milk habit......give the woman her milk lol she needs the calcium..for her bones

aaaaaaahahahahahaha...hahaha...ha..haha! woot!

Wow what neat story! I've never heard of this one before.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I've never heard that before; a nicely spooky tale!

• 5 years later...

Hilarious story. I love it. 100% Marcus-appoved.