Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tapping sounds around the room

cnidocyte

20 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It doesn't really matter what you use, as long as you believe in it.

I used the LBRP, Middle Pillar Exercise, and Goetic Seals...and everything got gone just the same. 

That's good, as long as the unwanted got gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandy333 said:

That's good, as long as the unwanted got gone.

It seems like whatever affects the subconscious mind is what gets rid of phenomena...so...I have concluded that at least most of the phenomena comes from us. Maybe even all of it.

And I don't mean "it's all in your mind."

I mean our subconscious somehow affects our reality. 

It seems to be able to create thoughtforms and possibly also produce uncontrolled bursts of psychokinesis. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im Euan and I too am hearing strange noises. It goes like this: i go to bed , read my book,The Shining and start hearing tapping, walking and faint screaming coming from my attic and the windows. It also happens during daytime when im watching youtube on my bed and then suddenly, tapping

I need to know what this is quick . Im not sure if im insane or not

45 minutes ago, Theshining44 said:

Hi

Im Euan and I too am hearing strange noises. It goes like this: i go to bed , read my book,The Shining and start hearing tapping, walking and faint screaming coming from my attic and the windows. It also happens during daytime when im watching youtube on my bed and then suddenly, tapping

I need to know what this is quick . Im not sure if im insane or not

Welcome to UM,

Does it only happen on your bed? Have you tried to record the sounds? 

Pretty sure you’re not insane. You’re just reading The Shining before bed! :lol:

If you can give the most detailed explanation of when/where you hear things, and anything else related, it will help people to give you possible explanations. 

• 2 months later...

So You know why I am here creating new account and posting after a night was not different from those along the last week. I am writing here just to help avoiding anyone to pass through this terrible experience 

So yes its a tapping on the wall or floor beneath my desk where my computer and books.

I used to ignore it but as it is so close and I can feel when it is and there is no barrier to see if I want but every thing normal I cant see anything. I keep looking a around and as the sound comes I cannot ignore it as it does not make any sense ; why cant see anything while I can hear it is from this spot,  is it in the desk itself or what? it was so annoying, disturbing, and yeah freaking

I did search and reached this site and everything so similar. Yesterday around 3am while I was reading your posts and as the sound/tapping went intense (like a mouse or insect eat in a paper or something like that, or even like you tapping your finger on a wood surface maybe)

some comments here make it terriblly freaking ,,but actually it is.

I was religious most life but not for the last 4 years. For reasons, I can agree with what said here..this is something kinda""""" whatever. I do not like to write it but in different religions they believe it exists. 

While i freaked yesterday was almost leaving the room, and the house but for where...I am just by myself and where to go at 3am. 

I have to do something or at at least to try.  One thing I remember from my religious background is it read or turn on an audio (on your computer or mobile in the same place) from the holy book . In my case I run an online Quran recitation in my laptop and the headphone speakers connected from the laptop and left just beneath the desk where the sound comes from (I am sharing the house with student and I have to keep it calm. I would make it a bit loud) . 

Just after that Its got silent. I was more than surprised !! yes it is gone. I was happy for a while  but still feel scary because you know what does that mean. it just like you approved there is stranger/ghost in your room looking for you and playing in your mind!!

So you know now what to do---Just try it --when there is no options--when it is in the mid of night --when its freaking like hell.  

You may use the Bible (attached, It is from my simple search on youtube) or the Quran (attached second link) or anything like that..I believe all they should do the job. If you are not religious remember : if it is not for you it is to help with what you have in your room. 

Wish you best 

Thanks for this website and all comments above since 2000s

• 4 months later...

I personally have experienced similar things and I’ve tried to talk about it but no one listens but what I’ve noticed is I always knew there were others like me but in my culture and upbringing these things aren’t talked about. But if ur interested I’m willing to speak about my experiences.

• 2 months later...
On 2015-01-31 at 3:33 PM, GlitterRose said:

I've noticed it most often in electronic devices. I'll be sitting them and I hear a loud sound come from the DVD player, almost like a stone hit it but it sounds like its coming from inside the device

Some of the sounds can be debunked, since electronics tend to make sounds as the parts expand and contract due to temperature fluctuations. The problem with debunking all of them is that sometimes the items are off for hours and in the middle of the night we will still hear loud whacks coming from them. I've also actually seen a shadow being in front of the dresser that has the TV and all of the electronics on it. It had its "hands?" on the boxes and was looking at the blank TV screen. So whatever entities seem to be exploring our home, also seem to be very interested in electronics. We will also often hear loud bangs coming from our dressers. They aren't soft taps. It seems like they are intended to get our attention, keep us awake, or wake us up in the middle of the night.

If it's top of the line electronics i would also be wanting to put my little hands on them :-) i have also seen shadow people but only once in my house. If you live in a house the house itself can make some pretty weird noices.

What I Think is Really Cool is, that we all had Something Happen to us. My Thinking is Two Things. Ether Its Ghosts and Spirits or sometimes when Something is coming In or out of our Word. The Higher to Lower Vibrations can Make those Sounds too. 

• Like 1

Doubt this is paranormal at all, but I sometimes here flicking sounds right near my ear. Never really heard tapping around me 

• 2 months later...

I have this happening too around me a lot similar to what everyone here have described. It is also dementing actually however I came to the conclusion that it could be Jinn (devils) and if that could be I reverted to Ruqya (prayer) routines to see if that’ll work. 

I therefore recited in prayer ayatul kursi 2:255 (verse of the throne) and chapter 113 and 114 of the Qur’an. 

I am going to rattle a bit on here on a couple of subjects and I hope it’s not going to bore you but will open up avenues of study or contemplation that you may want to explore later on.

Jinn (shayateen) are families of devils as revealed to us in the holy Qur’an. At this point - I want to let anyone reading to know that the Qur’an is not just for Muslims to use it is a continuation of the chain of revelation as a guidance to everyone on earth. The Qur’an is the final revelation - which means the revelation to guidance is complete. 

Jinn creatures are demonic, some good some not and they should have no association with humans. Psychics used them and they take the form of the deceased to speak or take forms etc - they are here to fool us around and distract us from good wisdom (hikmah). Because as human beings it’s important for us to contemplate given the height of tappings sometimes especially when you are focused or concentrating. 

I believe the tapping is to instill fear on to people and therefore distract people mentally from good wisdom and a path to faith. And when we are in fear our sense of thoughts and rational  capacity diminishes incredibly. 

The ultimate job of a jinn is to remove you far away from believing in the oneness of Allah (God). But if they did not succeed then they try to cause you to believe or worship other people or other things beside the creator Allah. 

I came across 1984 only recently because I was trying to understand the formation of system of government and issues surrounding the Utopian and Totalitarian movements and the trigger of WW2. To say the least in my research I decided to pick up Orwell’s book, although it is supposed to be a fiction per se - but what Orwell wrote is a combination of his personal experience and  matters he felt the world wars were trying to achieve. 

I suppose if we want George Orwell’s 1984 Oceania to come to existence fully - the one thing we can do is to have no faith and become slaves to a system- God forbid. A system that want nothing in the name of religion - As a crime against humanity look what they did to the Bible to hide the truth and cause discord among people. Today you’ll need the Red Letter Bible to see the extent of the damages made to keep us far away from the truth. 

I am not saying that Orwell’s prediction of Oceania is fully correct but it’s a kind of a call to order, that’s all - what I am pointing out is that the system is stripping us from anything good and humane. You don’t need to look too close to see the patterns. 

I ask everyone not to fear to ask  about the Qur’an and to understand it correctly aloneside the Hadith. It is a safe port and a point to reference to all - the reason why we are all here today.

The Qur’an today continues to make scientists wonder - the signs revealed within this book of revelation among which are  of embryology, cosmology, oceanography and internal waves within the ocean these could not have been understood by observation with ordinary human eye.

I will stop here and implore you not to fear them. Remember when you are going “adrift” what your point of reference is. May peace be upon you. 

Edited by Summers
  • Haha 1

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2010 at 11:14 PM, cnidocyte said:

Whenever I'm in an intense mindset I notice things start tapping around the room. Its an innocuous sound that doesn't sound out of the ordinary but the strange part is there is no reason that random things should be making tapping noises. I've noticed it most often in electronic devices. I'll be sitting them and I hear a loud sound come from the DVD player, almost like a stone hit it but it sounds like its coming from inside the device. Other people have noticed this too and confirmed that its pretty weird. I've also noticed it happen with walls and doors. Happened to my front door once, my granny was sitting in the room and when she heard it she had a look of shock on her face, probably because it wasn't a sound that could be made by someone knocking or throwing a pebble at the door so it was very out of the ordinary for a sound like that to randomly come from the door. I ran to the door and opened it to see if anyone was around but there was nobody. Funnily enough something similar happens to my dad when he is in intense mindsets. Lights flicker around him. Thats a more common thing, thats called sliding. I've never heard of this random noise thing though. The sound always appears to originate from a single point and in some rooms I noticed it will predominantly come from one area. For example in my old house, I'd be in the TV room a lot and it seemed to always come from the DVD player. In my bedroom now it seems to come from under my desk. I have a laptop on the table but I never heard anything come from it, I can't pinpoint where the sound in my bedroom comes from but its the same kinda tapping sound. I stayed the night in a friends house once and it was coming from his projector. Can anyone here relate to this?

Have you been doing any work on your mind in relation to stress or anxiety?

The kind of work where you stop attaching thinking processes to emotions?

• 7 months later...

I have had this happening to me for a long time and it has caused a lot of stress and disturbance.

It often seems like it is meant to derail my train of thought when I am thinking, or even about to be thinking carefully or hard about something.  Sometimes it just happens when I'm trying to sleep.  It seems meant to disturb and it really does.  I'm not one to buy into a paranormal answer right away but I'm not refusing to consider it either.  I wonder if could be something similar to those sonic weapons used on the ambassadors in Cuba some years back.  People around me act strange to; it seems like gang stalking and I think the two phenomenon are related. 

It's often electronics but often not also.  Sometimes a tap will happen on one side of the room and soon after again on another, as if it was, or I was meant to think, it was some kind of invisible projectile.  I had to live in a hotel room for a few days and they had one of those old large tube televisions.  Whatever it is that makes those noises is able to make them much much louder inside of those things.  I was never able to sleep.  The sound was jarring.  Its some kind of terrorism to me and I really want to stop it. 

• 3 months later...

Golabarry,

I have had the same tapping noises in my room. One tap then 2 repeatedly it drives me crazy. It only happens when I’m in the room. If my husband is in the room as soon as he leaves it starts after it’s been quite all night. 

• 1 year later...

Tapping sounds are a demon or multiple demons depending on what other friends they've brought with them, or bring later. These are not the ghosts of humans. Poltergeists are Not dead human entities, Nor were they ever human. I tell you this, not because this is what I think, or "believe", but because I've seen that damb thing up close and personal on more than one occasion. The Spiritual realm described in the bible is quite accurate. God kicked the devil and his followers out of Heaven, and you're just collateral damage. See, the devil and his demons are condemned criminals. The only thing they have to do while waiting for their final sentence to take place, is to try and punish God by taking as many humans with them, and destroying as many lives they possibly can before that final judgment comes. The devil and his flying monkey's do this by using the tried and true method they've used in the past: "Doubt." (i.e. The Garden Temptation, Doubt about God). If he can fool humans, keep them confused, and in essence keep you running around in circles or getting involved in things you shouldn't be, to waste your limited time and destroy your God given destiny, he will. And he does it all the time.

Generally speaking these are the things that open doors and keep doors open to the manifestations of these creatures. 1) Occult practices, which is in essence, witchcraft. Things like wicca, astral projection, magick, alchemy, psychic stuff like tarot, blood pacts, ouija, etc. 2) Ancestors practicing the a fore mentioned can also and generally do create generational curses that carry to the third and fourth generation of a family. Where the same demon, who enforces the curse, will actually follow a family line around destroying it, and killing it's members whenever possible. 3) There is also a rare occurrence of demonic attack allowed by God on saints, for a time of trial and testing. Especially if that person/soul was created to make a difference in the battle of good verses evil here on earth. Sometimes satan will assign a demon to a person if he thinks he'll be a threat to his kingdom here. 

Demons can and do attach to traumas in a persons life. Physical abuse, psychological abuse, guilt, toxic shame, drugs, alcoholism, whatever they can.. So if you open the door by getting into astral projection say, you've given the demon legal rights, with your sin, to screw with you and use everything in your past to "steal, kill, and destroy" you, your destiny and that of your children. (that's why they call satan the "accuser") Because they cannot generally manifest very powerfully, this is again done by doubt and temptation. Which is instigated telepathically. (speaking crap into your head) They love the fact that you think it's your thoughts. It's all done to get you to sin more, giving them more legal rights. Ever had a strange and defiling thought come into your mind, that you said: "where did that come from?" Yep.., you guessed it, it's the condemned a**holes projecting the garbage in their minds onto you because misery loves company.

My guess is you fall into one of the above categories. 1) Your best bet is to repent and seek out a deliverance ministry. 2) Short of that, the only thing you can do is understand what it is, Not be afraid of it and ignore it! Cause they feed on fear and confusion, and are basically nothing more than bullies. 3) Deal with any physical and psychological traumas you've faced. Cause they will remind you daily, hourly, and minute by minute, of how bad you are, even for stuff you had no control over.

Demons live in rejection. Spiritually speaking they are 6 year olds that don't think they need parents. It drives them nuts to be ignored. But don't underestimate the garbage they'll try to convince you of. I've been studying this stuff for over 35 years. I've been down all the rabbit holes. You can trust me when I say God Loves you and wants the best for you. Live your life to the fullest. Don't waste time on scum. They want you to try and figure all this stuff out. That's how they steal your destiny.

God Bless

Edited by SpiritualSwat
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SpiritualSwat said:

Tapping sounds are a demon or multiple demons depending on what other friends they've brought with them, or bring later. These are not the ghosts of humans. Poltergeists are Not dead human entities, Nor were they ever human. I tell you this, not because this is what I think, or "believe", but because I've seen that damb thing up close and personal on more than one occasion. The Spiritual realm described in the bible is quite accurate. God kicked the devil and his followers out of Heaven, and you're just collateral damage. See, the devil and his demons are condemned criminals. The only thing they have to do while waiting for their final sentence to take place, is to try and punish God by taking as many humans with them, and destroying as many lives they possibly can before that final judgment comes. The devil and his flying monkey's do this by using the tried and true method they've used in the past: "Doubt." (i.e. The Garden Temptation, Doubt about God). If he can fool humans, keep them confused, and in essence keep you running around in circles or getting involved in things you shouldn't be, to waste your limited time and destroy your God given destiny, he will. And he does it all the time.

Generally speaking these are the things that open doors and keep doors open to the manifestations of these creatures. 1) Occult practices, which is in essence, witchcraft. Things like wicca, astral projection, magick, alchemy, psychic stuff like tarot, blood pacts, ouija, etc. 2) Ancestors practicing the a fore mentioned can also and generally do create generational curses that carry to the third and fourth generation of a family. Where the same demon, who enforces the curse, will actually follow a family line around destroying it, and killing it's members whenever possible. 3) There is also a rare occurrence of demonic attack allowed by God on saints, for a time of trial and testing. Especially if that person/soul was created to make a difference in the battle of good verses evil here on earth. Sometimes satan will assign a demon to a person if he thinks he'll be a threat to his kingdom here. 

Demons can and do attach to traumas in a persons life. Physical abuse, psychological abuse, guilt, toxic shame, drugs, alcoholism, whatever they can.. So if you open the door by getting into astral projection say, you've given the demon legal rights, with your sin, to screw with you and use everything in your past to "steal, kill, and destroy" you, your destiny and that of your children. (that's why they call satan the "accuser") Because they cannot generally manifest very powerfully, this is again done by doubt and temptation. Which is instigated telepathically. (speaking crap into your head) They love the fact that you think it's your thoughts. It's all done to get you to sin more, giving them more legal rights. Ever had a strange and defiling thought come into your mind, that you said: "where did that come from?" Yep.., you guessed it, it's the condemned a**holes projecting the garbage in their minds onto you because misery loves company.

My guess is you fall into one of the above categories. 1) Your best bet is to repent and seek out a deliverance ministry. 2) Short of that, the only thing you can do is understand what it is, Not be afraid of it and ignore it! Cause they feed on fear and confusion, and are basically nothing more than bullies. 3) Deal with any physical and psychological traumas you've faced. Cause they will remind you daily, hourly, and minute by minute, of how bad you are, even for stuff you had no control over.

Demons live in rejection. Spiritually speaking they are 6 year olds that don't think they need parents. It drives them nuts to be ignored. But don't underestimate the garbage they'll try to convince you of. I've been studying this stuff for over 35 years. I've been down all the rabbit holes. You can trust me when I say God Loves you and wants the best for you. Live your life to the fullest. Don't waste time on scum. They want you to try and figure all this stuff out. That's how they steal your destiny.

God Bless

In the real world we call it schizphrenia. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2022 at 6:08 AM, SpiritualSwat said:

God Bless

You need a psychologist not an exorcist please do not ignore your symptoms seek professinal help.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Morning all 

this is the forum that meets my situation the closest.

my house is 150 years old. I experienced plenty of paranormal activity as a child but 30 years later I’m back in ‘that world’

between 1&2 am my wife and I are woken by very loud knocking or tapping around the room. It’s used to be on my side of the bed but it’s recently moved to my wife’s side

It’s not pipes or electrical item contracting… it sounds like something is pushed to the point of tipping and the it’s rattles rapidly as it settles. I’ve replicated the sounds most of the time. Once it was my wife’s hair brush.

now I’m also a man of science I always find an explanation… but I’m stumped 

it’s not every night.. it comes and goes… last time it was weeks before I had a nervous breakdown.

Last night it was very load and clear. I jump out of bed and check everything. My wife a complete sceptic but now can’t deny something strange is happening.

I genuinely believe it’s one of two things.

1. Either myself or my wife are causing this somehow. Some type of emotional energy being released

2. It’s me ….sending myself messages in spirit form .. returning to warn me or comfort me before difficult periods in my life.. once we’ve passed and we can move through time and space .. who better knows when these events are going to happen. That might sound outlandish

but you have to believe that this is purposefully and real manipulation of objects in my room that have no explanation.

I do not feel threatened … i’m more scared of why it’s happening 

99% of tappping is pipes heating up, rodents im the wall cavity, electrical items heating and cooling … this is not 

• 5 months later...

1. My beloved brother passed away eight months ago.

.2. I often walk around the perimeter of the house for exercise.

3. I regularly gently knock three times on the window of my brother's bedroom window. Hoping -- I guess -- for some kind of reply.

4, Recently I knocked three times, and I was astonished to hear three faint but distinct taps in reply.

5. If it was not my brother, what could it have been?

6. I have already posted this matter in the "Ghost and haunting" section, where some members were kind enough to suggest that maybe I was experiencing an auditory hallucination.

7. I am 100% sure that it was no hallucination.

8. Since this thread is devoted to strange taps, I thought that maybe I could get some more ideas here.

Thank  you

Edited by Inquirer

Firstly, don't leap to supernatural conclusions before you have exhausted mundane explanations.

There are many reasons you might be hearing sharp crack/tap/rap noises in your house.  These include (but are not limited to):

(1) Changes in temperature as a house heats or cools during the day

(2) Rodents and other pests.

(3) Reflected sound from somewhere else in the house

(4) Something going seriously wrong with foundations, water pipes, air con ducts, electrical wiring, support beams.

(5) There is a hobo living in your walls.

(6) Unidentified airflow in the house

My advice is to discuss the issue with a building inspector, as if you have something going wrong with your house, you may need to get it fixed sooner rather than later.  I have watched a US show about a Paranormal team who travelled with a Building Inspector, and the building inspector was able to explain doors opening and closing on their own (due to being badly hung, with large gaps under them allowing drafts of air to come up from behind them and push them open etc).  He would even demonstrate what was causing it.  IMO he was the greatest paranormal debunker I have ever seen, and he was just an ordinary guy doing his job.  So please, don't leap to the conclusion you have a rapping polt in your room, when you might have a water pipe that is getting ready to burst instead.

Edited by Alchopwn