Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you ever had an accurate psychic reading

Voyager

I have discovered that the accuracy of a psychic reading can have to do with two factors:

1. The ability of the psychic.

Remember, just because a person adds the word psychic after their name, does not mean they are good. Always check out their credentials online before setting up an appointment with them.

2. The openness of the client.

A psychic reading is an exchange of energy between the client and the psychic. If a person approaches a psychic reading with a "Prove you are real to me before I will believe anything you say!" attitude, this will definitely influence the psychics ability to read that person.

I always recommend going in with an open attitude. :) Also, meditating 5 minutes before th reading will also help you to be open for the reading.

Well, that's my two-cents worth.

Hope it helps.

Tana

I may try it later. Though I have a something like it done before. And Ive had several astrolgy readings. I have kind of a tough time believing in such a thing. It would mean that our every thought in life is planned to a tee. I mean it would make sense if it were true. But if it is true, then there can be no loophole in it. It would all be uncondtional. Meaning the numbers would be an astral fingerprint, and there's nothing you can do to change any outcome of your life.

I've had my astrology chart done before to and while somewhat accurate, it was somehow missing the music so to say. It didn't say my thoughts or dreams, it was black and white. I don't put to much stock in it as with all things, my decisions are mine and no one else is responsible for them. It's easy to blame someone or something else for any problem you have but the blame always lies with the person that made the decision. Of course there are always instances that are beyond our control but for the most part we have to take responsibility for ourselves. Just my opinion.

Hatch.

As a matter of fact, yes, I have, by someone here on UM. i have never met this person, my profile info for UM isn't filled out, my profile is set to private. there is no possible way this person could've ever known anything about me or my life. this person didn't ask me for any info at all and was able to give me a 100% spot-on, accurate reading!!!! my sister-in-law said "this person really has you pegged", meaning they knew things that would be totally impossible for them to ever have known.

They never asked for any payment of any kind either. This person has a true gift and I am very thankful for the reading that I was given!!!!!

Have you ever had a psychic prediction that actually came to pass in your life? Or has a psychic ever really read you, to the point where you knew that there was no way they could have gotten the information other than supernaturally?

:lol: 23 and thinks his so wise :lol: God bless your little cotton socks. You just gave me my giggle of the week.I am 31 and know nothing, though when I was 23 I probably thought I knew everything.Oh my gosh :lol: Check your bike tyres love.Oh my gosh :lol:

I didn't expect to troll a psychic reading thread and get such a giggle. Funny!

...I dont get it...

...I dont get it...

It just struck me funny that a 23 year old guy was calling someone else "child", like some 90 year old man. It not uncommon. lots of 20 something year olds (myself included, when I was that age) think they have lived long enough to know everything. It just makes me giggle. It must take the human population 10 years from to realize you really know nothing about anything and that your really not that wise.

It's funny

It just struck me funny that a 23 year old guy was calling someone else "child", like some 90 year old man. It not uncommon. lots of 20 something year olds (myself included, when I was that age) think they have lived long enough to know everything. It just makes me giggle. It must take the human population 10 years from to realize you really know nothing about anything and that your really not that wise.

It's funny

Your so right, when I was that age I was the same but now I'm old, not quite 90 but over half way! You made me giggle, thanks for that.

Hatch.

• 6 months later...

It's funny

He didn't call anyone a child, he was replying that he didn't have a child.

It's funny

It's funny

To be completely honest, yes. I have. And the psychic was from this very site. Two different psychics predicted that I would fall in love with a girl from a rural community, and that it would grow "richer" over time. The fact that two psychics predicted the same thing is evidence enough for me.

James Randi offered a reward eventually rising to one million dollars for over 50 yrs to anyone who could prove there psychic abilities. Not one applicant was successful. Doesn't this tell us at least something? Indications of psychic abilities would have been apparent eons ago. Then again Im able to predict when I'll need more beer so maybe theres something there  :blink::rofl:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Never. Had several and other then general things that can apply to anyone, not even close. 

• Like 1

Well... I visited a psychic years ago, a little ancient lady way out in the sticks. I was there only by invitation, typically she would not read males. There were five of us there.

Historically, she was incredibly accurate. Just one example that really stood out-she asked me no questions-she says your so young to have such a loss! I say"I haven't lost anyone yet' she says "yes, you have sweety. An older man, navy style gray hair, heavy set, soft spoken and very close to you. His heart just gave up. He died in transit from one place to another surrounded by strangers." 

Well, this most certainly was not true at noon that day for me. A bit after I left, my Dad calls and says "son, we lost your grandfather today. He died in an ambulance going from one hospital to another around 10 this morning." I was blown away.

I assume the strangers were various ambulance, medic workers? Heart failure. 

A lot of the future stuff she said however didn't quite come true, but I speculate i may have altered my own path by huge life changing decisions that went against even my own logic.

Hard to say...

• Like 2

I only have had two readings done before. Both from this site. Both general readings. The first one was pretty accurate but it was all vague stuff, the second one was way off.

I love reading peoples stories on this thread though. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2010 at 7:01 AM, Voyager said:

Have you ever had a psychic prediction that actually came to pass in your life? Or has a psychic ever really read you, to the point where you knew that there was no way they could have gotten the information other than supernaturally?

I've always been into having palm, fortune and psychic readings but didn't do anything about it until this year after my transplant. I contacted a psychic a month and a half later. An over the phone one that was randomly assigned to me through their phone system. All she knew was my first name. She had my personality down pat.

But as for the future part I don't know yet. :)

2 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Well... I visited a psychic years ago, a little ancient lady way out in the sticks. I was there only by invitation, typically she would not read males. There were five of us there.

Historically, she was incredibly accurate. Just one example that really stood out-she asked me no questions-she says your so young to have such a loss! I say"I haven't lost anyone yet' she says "yes, you have sweety. An older man, navy style gray hair, heavy set, soft spoken and very close to you. His heart just gave up. He died in transit from one place to another surrounded by strangers." 

Well, this most certainly was not true at noon that day for me. A bit after I left, my Dad calls and says "son, we lost your grandfather today. He died in an ambulance going from one hospital to another around 10 this morning." I was blown away.

I assume the strangers were various ambulance, medic workers? Heart failure. 

A lot of the future stuff she said however didn't quite come true, but I speculate i may have altered my own path by huge life changing decisions that went against even my own logic.

Hard to say...

I agree. From what I have read about palm readings it says your palm changes over time. A reading you had 5 years ago may not have panned out based on life decisions you may or may not have made. We as human beings have free will so we are ultimately in control of our destiny. I still believe in Mystical things. I am very intrigued right now specifically in my life because I am at a fork in the road with my life and it's truly the first time I may have actual control of my life. Novel concept, I know.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Guest MamaMia1981
On 8/13/2016 at 4:36 PM, spartan max2 said:

I only have had two readings done before. Both from this site. Both general readings. The first one was pretty accurate but it was all vague stuff, the second one was way off.

I love reading peoples stories on this thread though. 

I think I read you.  Hopefully I was the more accurate of the two.

To answer the OP, I have had a psychic reading that was spooky accurate.  Beyond what a cold reader could do.  I have been back to her twice since, and both of those readings were on it, too.

Definitely depends on who you are seeing, and how open you are to the experience.

Only once, and very briefly. I was at a cook out, and an older lady was reading everyone's palms for fun....when she read mine, she said I had two children(which weren't there and she couldn't have known) and that one passed away. I told her no, then she said that if he hadn't passed away, then he was disabled...and that was true. As far as online psychics, no...unfortunately, none of them have EVER been accurate. Waste of money, really.

Nope!  By this time of my life I was supposed to be filthy rich, self made...yeah, what a crock.  She was so wrong about everything.

Ive never been to a psychic. I'd certainly never pay someone for a reading. Only one situation I was somewhat close to ever gave me pause. I have a cousin that lives in NY, Way upstate, about 3 hours north of me. Her Father died oh man I don't know, about 10 years ago. He was a gay guy back in the 80's and was unfortunate enough to get aids. Though my cousin was with him as much as she could be, he ended up dying alone in his house. This made her very upset and wanted to know if he was ok. So she called this psychic women that a friend of her recommended. All the women asked for was her Fathers first name. Then the psychic goes on to tell her that her father was fine, and not to worry, he didn't die alone at all. Here is where it gets interesting. She said her father told the psychic to tell my cousin to "Stop worrying, Bug was there, Bug came and got me, I wasn't alone". Bug was a nickname of my Aunt, his sister, who had died just a few months before he did. Her real name was Dianne, but everyone close to her called her Bug. She was Aunt Bug to me my entire life. I don't think I even knew her real name till I became an adult.

I cant explain it.

Edited by preacherman76

Some yes and some no.   I approach Readers with an open heart and mind and am willing to help them get or bring in whatever information I am supposed to have.  I do not skeptically challenge a Reader nor fear what they might tell me.  I understand that a Reader may or may not be 'on" that day or even be totally competent but allow the Reading to be FUN and LIGHT!  I don't think folks should challenge Readers but fear will make the Sitter block a Reading so why sit there at all? 

• 3 months later...

Yes. The first time in my life I ever saw a psychic was a birthday gift from my BFF. I was raised a strict fundamentalist, and although I had left religion far behind, long, long ago, I was nervous and scared, but Fred was so kind. I was in town for a conference, and he knew only my first name, so there was simply no way he knew anything about me ahead of time. He did not predict the future for me the first time; he simply told me about my family -- things he could not possibly have known, but did -- right down to the time my mother (Oh Lord qgHe then explained why they behaved the way they did. He was absolutely fascinated by my mother, as I have found most "real" or gifted pyschics are. And she is a devout Seventh Day Adventist. I know SDAs are pretty much mainstream these days, but my mother was attracted to them precisely because they were cultlike in their behavioer