Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Recurring Dreams/Prophetic Dreams/Visions

Curious Kitsune

Serious answers only. Please do not reply if you don't believe in visions, or if you don't believe that some people might actually have visions. Thank you.

I have a few questions on dreams and visions:

1) Have any of you ever had a a recurring dream that came true, or revealed some invaluable life truth?

2) What is your belief about them? IE what are they and how do they work? Do you feel it's your mind trying to tell you what you already know, or is it some higher power/level of consciousness at work?

3) Anyone ever have an actual vision that came true? I'm talking about being fully conscious and awake and "seeing" something that actually came true, or was happening at that very moment.

4) What do you think visions are and how do they work?

5) If you have visions or dream visions, how do they appear to you and affect you? Are some colors or details brighter, or more vivid? Do they overtake you, and block out the real world, like on TV?

I have had a few "dream visions" and conscious awake visions that really came true, but the incidents were so trivial and unimportant, that they were really not worth mentioning. I'm not really sure what this means, but I have been having the same recurring dream for over 6 months now, once a week at least and I'm afraid that it might come true. The time in which the dream takes place is coming up, and while the frequency has not changed, the dream has become more vivid and a bit longer each time.

Yes, I know stress about upcoming events can affect dreams, but this situation is a bit unlikely. Possible, but quite improbable.

• Like 1

Serious answers only. Please do not reply if you don't believe in visions, or if you don't believe that some people might actually have visions. Thank you.

1) Have any of you ever had a a recurring dream that came true, or revealed some invaluable life truth?

2) What is your belief about them? IE what are they and how do they work? Do you feel it's your mind trying to tell you what you already know, or is it some higher power/level of consciousness at work?

3) Anyone ever have an actual vision that came true? I'm talking about being fully conscious and awake and "seeing" something that actually came true, or was happening at that very moment.

5) If you have visions or dream visions, how do they appear to you and affect you? Are some colors or details brighter, or more vivid? Do they overtake you, and block out the real world, like on TV?

I have had a few "dream visions" and conscious awake visions that really came true, but the incidents were so trivial and unimportant, that they were really not worth mentioning. I'm not really sure what this means, but I have been having the same recurring dream for over 6 months now, once a week at least and I'm afraid that it might come true. The time in which the dream takes place is coming up, and while the frequency has not changed, the dream has become more vivid and a bit longer each time.

Yes, I know stress about upcoming events can affect dreams, but this situation is a bit unlikely. Possible, but quite improbable.

I believe seeing spiritually and hearing spiritually comes from God. When a vision is shown to me I am still very aware of my surroundings it's like a the tv that can show a channel while another channel is playing.

God confirms your vision or dream by bring it to pass unless you already understand your gift then you just grow in it to new levels. But, you should always recieve confirmation seeing where it was true. I see in color - dreams while I am sleep and Visions... But, the spiritual realm is a level of earth so thats why it feels real... what happens in the Spiritual comes to pass on earth and not always sometimes it is prevented so it doesn't have to happen..

If God showed you then there is a certain level of authority you have and definately something for you to do with the information given.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

• Like 1

I also like to add I believe mediums and Psychics are prophets with the ability to see and hear spiritually.. but, unfortunately, our churches have a lack of knowledge and many are turned away.. but, then they turned away from the Son of God too.. It's all what you decide to do with your gift.. If we want to help you can help if you use for bad then you use it for bad - that's upto that gifted individual.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes visions happen to me j beleive whole heartadly in them. They do come from the great spirit but there are many many layers.

When you experience something that's in a dream in real life or vice versa, small premonitions, or syncronistic events... ( ocurances and connections that are highly highly

unlikely.) I have found that these things are there to get your atention. Trying to get you to listen. It can only be done through experiences. It's the only way to bypass our modern endoctrination. No matter how small these things, they are very important. Once you start paying attention and reach full acceptance they will come in floods, and not only will you find knowledge that few others can understand, you will actually be lead to things. Next time something syncronistic between a dream and reality happens. Look carefully at the circumstances and trust your inner voice it will lead you to something.... A tiny piece of something greater. Good luck :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

If anyone has had the same vision repetitively it means Something is going to happen that you cant stop. I have had the same Dream for four years, In it, it said (and showed) my self turning into a fox, and being able to turn back, and all the were-creatures worshiping me saying, "YOU are our KING!!!"I have no idea what that meant. if someone could help me figure out what t meant, I'm in their debt.

• Like 2

i have a reoccurring dream of a poltergeist and i fight with it in my dreams and i don't like it !!

• Like 1

KOLBIROBERSON11

Welcome aboard. (Mmm, maybe you should have started a new thread rather than bumped this old one, but here we are.)

If anyone has had the same vision repetitively it means Something is going to happen that you cant stop.

Not necessarily. A favorite dream motif at UM is one I call "unseen menace." For some reason, many people who have the dream seem to come here to ask about it. Long story short, the dreamer ends up in a situation where they have the choice between fleeing from a monster, or else they can confront it one on one. If the first, then their flight is successful, but the dream rends to recur. If they choose the second, various interesting things happen, but the dream does not seem to recur (or if it has already been recurring, then it stops recurring).

(That is, we have people who report the dream as a "weird" single dream, those who choose to confront, and others who report a recurring dream, in which they flee. The absolute best was a lady who confronted, tamed the monster and in that form, the former-monster character recurred in her dreams as a friendly character, but in different dreams and the whole menacing thing was just the one time only.)

So at least in this case, what the dreamer chooses in the dream seems to determine the recurrence or nonrecurrence, not anything in waking life, and not something they can't stop.

I have had the same Dream for four years, In it, it said (and showed) my self turning into a fox, and being able to turn back, and all the were-creatures worshiping me saying, "YOU are our KING!!!"I have no idea what that meant. if someone could help me figure out what t meant, I'm in their debt.

Is that all that happens? So far, it doesn't sound so bad, and if you hum a few more bars, maybe somebody will recognize the motif.

Speaking of which, I have to say the following:

Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

aria

i have a reoccurring dream of a poltergeist and i fight with it in my dreams and i don't like it !!

Same advice as to the other poster - giving more details increases the chances that somebody reading will recognize the motif (or recognize that the dream is more purely personal, in which case, people who actually know you will probably do a much better job of helping you out).

• Like 2

If anyone has had the same vision repetitively it means Something is going to happen that you cant stop. I have had the same Dream for four years, In it, it said (and showed) my self turning into a fox, and being able to turn back, and all the were-creatures worshiping me saying, "YOU are our KING!!!"I have no idea what that meant. if someone could help me figure out what t meant, I'm in their debt.

The best way to get a dream reading on yourself is to put yourself in a third person and write down what you would think for somone else. Your subconscious will start to rememebr little things and the best possibke analysis will begin to emerge.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have a reoccurring dream that I'll be walking or going up stairs and collapse. I am unable to get up as though I have lost all muscle strength in my legs. I try to call for help but no one hears me. On occasion one person may hear my silent cry for help, but I still can't stand and can sometimes crawl. Last night was the first night I had a dream for the first time about not having the energy to push open a door and a previous co-worker just looked at me like I was stupid.

Just wondering if anyone has had a dream such as this and if they know what it might mean.

Thanx.

Alaina

Alaina

Welcome aboard.

Look into this short recent thread,

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=284579

illustrating "dream incorporation" (searchable).

In REM sleep, you are in fact under the influence of a muscle relaxant... your legs don't work, you can't use your arms, you can't really speak, and your breathing is hard to control. If you become aware of that situation and stay asleep, then sometimes you make a dream around it.

I think that's what you're reporting.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is a VERY old post but after making my first post here moments ago I realized that searching this forum for some of the stranger things that have happened in my life I found this and thought I would reply

Like everyone i have countless dreams- many border on what i can only describe as insanity.  BUT every now and then I will have a dream that means something and I will wake trying to find the meaning-I will share a couple examples below.

My wife and I were pregnant and everything was going great- doing regular ultrasounds and what not...then one night I woke from this CRAZY dream and woke her to tell her about it. To start lwet me explain that we live near a "river" but its really just a sandy bed thats flat and has a meandering stream running down it- not more than ankle deep unless its rained hard..

Anyways we often go there to play...

In my dream we were on the grassy bank of this river- she was pregnant and we were just enjoying the day- when I looked down at our feet and at the waters edge there was this short section of what I thought in the dream was a piece of garden hose...on the end of this "garden hose" was a baby so SMALL it wasnt much bigger than the end of the hose- and it was flailing around- even the hose was flailing around  until the tiny baby came loose and fell in the stream of water ( not more than ankle deep in my dream) I ran as fast as i could chasing this little baby trying to save it but even with the water so shallow it went under and never surfaced which was really confusing in my dream because I was running on the water in my dream and it wasnt past my toes...where could this baby have gone? I woke in a frantic sweat and woke my wife to tell her about it..

4 days later we were scheduled for an ultra sound...the doctor could not find a heartbeat and our child was dead...

Looking back on the dream i know he died that night and the garden hose was the umbilical cord he finally detached from...

---------------------------

Another dream

My father and I didnt like or even care about each other-I pretty much hated him and we didnt speak so it was no surprise to my family I didnt care when he entered the hospital and was finally admitted to a nursing home and after about a year there he passed away. Unlike me- my younger brother had a good relationship with him and visited him often. Strangely the nursing home he was in was actually just across the street from HIS home- so for years he could sit on the porch and watch the going ons there..

Anyway not knowing my fathers condition (or caring) I woke one morning at 5 am from a dream I considered 'prophetic"...in the dream my dad was a lot younger- looked around 40 and my nephew was walking with him...( at this time in life my nephew is arong 30) In the dream my nephew was really young also- like maybe 8 years old. My dad was walking out of the nursing home ( looking 40) with a younger version of my nephew walking with him. They were carry luggage that was packed and walking across the street to his home where in the dream he had an older motorhome parked and were putting the bags in it...this is where I woke up...but i felt this dream really meant something so I called my older sister in El Paso at 5 am to tell her about it...

Anyways we found out around noon that day that my dad had passed away at 5 am... so yeah- to me it was prophetic..

---------------

A few other dreams like this from time to time but yeah I just wanted to confirm they exist and another strange thing i experience now in my later years- i can close my eyes when tired BEFORE sleep and actually dream while still wide awake...pretty strange

• Like 2

Oh...and when I was a kid- i constantly had nightmare about falling and always waking in a cold sweat screaming before i hit the ground...then one night I somehow forced myself to "ride it out" and hit the ground! To my amazement i got up- brushed myself off and walked away unharmed... to this day ( im 55) I have NEVER dreamed about falling again

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/8/2010 at 8:45 AM, Curious Kitsune said:

I had a reoccurring dream that repeated almost every night of the week, it lasted 5-6 months in length. I was in my twenty's then. Every night I fell to sleep I would rise above my body that lay sleeping in bed. I'm ascending toward the roof (face down) looking at myself and able to see everything in my room the way I left it. I slept with a bed lamp on every night for this reason because I feared the experience. I could not see myself at all while out of my body but could see everything around me without moving my head, strange to say. My back would touch the ceiling, and every time I would try to turn around to push my body away from the roof but I couldn't because I found myself hard against it, like some kind of force was keeping me there. In that moment, I'd force myself to wake up. What I've described about the dream continued in the same manner almost every night as I slept. I told nobody hoping it would go away, not even my sister and her family that raised me most my life. The dream started affecting my lifestyle, becoming like a zombie, I started catnapping at work. I started taking marijuana to ease the fear to hopefully numb my mind and the situation, but that didn't work either. The  dream continued regardless. Then one night, 5-6 months later, I experienced it for the last time. This particular night it happened as my back was forced against the ceiling, I changed my thought from fear to thinking of my sister (asleep in the next room) instead of forcing myself awake like usual. In a split second, I was calmly hovering a metre above my sister and her husband's bed. The time on her alarm clock showed 2:13am and then the dream ended. That was the last time it occurred and the first time the dream ever changed in nature. The next day at the dinner table, I told my brother in-law he slept with his wrist watch on the night before,  Unbeknownst, it won him a slap by my sister because it scratched her. He accused me of being in his room, and asked why. All I could say was I wasn't,  and I stood up and left the dinner. I suppose technically I was in there but not the way he thought. A few days later I was reading on my bed that was sitting directly under the ceiling light. All of sudden the light fixture, the bulb and the light shade including the screw fell straight onto my lap, the room went dark and I took off into the lounge where everyone was watching television. Now that was freaky, because the light bulb did not burn me at all, having been on a few hours.

What that experience taught me was the power of perception is the underlying element to changing the reality we believe exists, when in fact, it don't. We are all spiritual beings of energy and light, having a human experience. When the physical body dies, our spirit lives until we are reincarnated to experience another lifetime. Once we learn the significance of a dream, it will be the last you experience of that nature because you have obtained the knowledge and the wisdom of that lesson. Life is all about lessons of a spiritual nature and soul growth. 

On 12/20/2016 at 3:23 AM, freaknout said:

Oh...and when I was a kid- i constantly had nightmare about falling and always waking in a cold sweat screaming before i hit the ground...then one night I somehow forced myself to "ride it out" and hit the ground! To my amazement i got up- brushed myself off and walked away unharmed... to this day ( im 55) I have NEVER dreamed about falling again

Your very correct saying you will never have the same dream again - because you won't! One night I had a similar dream of running off a cliff, high in a canyon. Why? I have no idea! What I do know it was very intentional for some reason or another. My dream of falling began with me sprinting off a cliff into mid air. Like you, I decided to force myself to ride it out too, because curiosity, killed the cat, not me, as you'll realise later. Going past the point of 'no return' or the part where you normally wake yourself up, it seemed I came in to view of a landscaped environment beneath me, such like that of a birds eye. This was a beautiful distraction only to realise that I was still falling,  and fast! All I could think was I have to stop myself somehow before I hit the ground. My mind started to think " I can't be an aeroplane" as there was nowhere to land like one, but I did realise I could opt to fly like a bird therefore land like one. As I neared ground zero, I chose to think how a bird fly's and that's exactly what happened. When I realised what I could do I didn't want to stop. I was able to avoid embankments and cruised along the contours a couple of metres above the terrain. The momentum to stay in flight began to decrease rapidly, at the same time I was heading toward a small wooded forest until the momentum stopped and I landed comfortably on both feet. I remember standing there laughing with excitement knowing what I'd discovered. In fact, I was that excited I thought, I can't wait to tell someone, so I tried waking myself up immediately. I guess I was too impatient doing so, because I ended up in a black void or a dark space. There was nothing but pitch black darkness,  until I noticed a white dot appeared in the darkness. I also remember I was still laughing and that sounded very distorted. I peered through the white dot that was a hole the size of a silver dollar. I could see scenes of the dream I had just experienced. I sensed being in the wrong place possibly in a transitional level between reality and a dream? Whatever the case, it was freaky, and I wouldn't recommend it happen to anyone. My mind told me to go back to sleep, so I did. What seemed like seconds in time, I woke up properly. What I learnt from this dream right through to the end, is that our mind has the power to create our own reality, in the physical realm and the non physical. Although, we can have wonderful revelations to what we can do through a mere thought, always be mindful there are spiritual laws of physics that do exist for a reason and must not be ignored. Essentially the lesson here was about 'eliminating fear' and the 'power of thought' had I allowed fear to overcome me, I could have stayed trapped in a place no-one could ever find me, including myself. Could it be why some people never awaken from a sleep leaving them in a coma? Only to find their way out, and wake up a year later - say? Lets just heed the wisdom from this dream, for the reason it was given.

On 9/7/2010 at 6:45 PM, Curious Kitsune said:

Hello,

Sounds like a valid premonition to me. Now if you are inclined to influence this probable outcome, what ever it is, would you want to make that effort?

John

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 1:23 AM, freaknout said:

Great... Finally I found someone who had this situation as me... yup, and you know what I felt when I was still falling? It was feels like my stomach is not in it's place anymore because of the falling sensation. I dreamed that I was falling in a building when this occur to me. I'll say, it's a very long drop. hahahahaha

• 4 months later...

I have been dying to get this off my chest somewhere!! And btw, there's a bit about you that sounds very much like me also I am much older tho (48). This is way not the only odd thing to happen to me or around me or whatever. But when my oldest was a baby bout 30years ago, and I was still living at home with Dad, I was asleep on the couch in living room with my baby in the bassinet right by me, and I was dreaming that my old friend/almost sister WHO I hadn't seen in 4 years ( my Dad dated her mother for 15 years and last time I saw her was when I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she was gone to Virginia, left Georgia) knocked on the door I whooshed open the door and there she was with her big o' eyes and that look she and her mother had, and I said "DIANE!!" And she come twirling into the door, twirled across the living room (and that's actually hilarious because that came from my mother making fun of her mother, long story, not important) like a ballroom dancer or a ballerina and when she stopped she had her hand on her belly, rubbing it and said "have you heard?" And oh we squealed and laughed and hugged because she was supposed to not be able to get pregnant. Well let me tell you what woke me up from living room couch was a knock on the door...! Yeah, I was dreaming it still basically and it was her! I didn't know she was coming I hadn't even talked to her I was growing up and having a baby too young and all that. And yes, she was pregnant. But she didn't twirl into the house and across the floor. Omg. But still, not really very important to have to have a premonition over so why? And my reason for calling it a premonition is frankly there's no other explanation 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I am hoping you return to it. Like many here I am an active dreamer, some have no meaning while other are prophetic, the ones that are prophetic typically do not fade with time, often the images are burned into my brain, or easy to recall.  Also, I have visions as well, like watching a movie.  Anyhow,  before I was pregnant or realized I was,  I was experiencing nearly every other night, dreams of being pregnant.  I was young and having a baby was not part of my plan, so I kept ignoring the repeated dreams, until I could not take it much longer and took a pregnancy test, and yes it was in God's plan for a wonderful daughter.  His plans as expected are far superior than mine. I have never had a pregnancy dream since or any more children.  The second reoccurring dream was about of moving to a larger house, which lasted about two years.  Again, I tried to ignore it because it did not seem possible at the time, but while not actively house hunting the perfect house was for sale and our family knew that was where we were suppose to be. The sale was quick and easy and I have never had a dream about moving to a new house again.  The final reoccurring dream is very interesting and different than the priors and has come to fruition.  In May 2017 a woman in church told me that day I would receive tongues.  This is not something I ever gave much thought to or necessary believed to place outside of the time of Pentecost...that is until it happened that day.   Some call it 'slain in the Spirit' or 'Baptized in the Spirit.' This was something I was not knowledgeable about even though I believed in Jesus since a young child and was at that time 38. In short, a woman lays hands on me, during an alter call, and says I am receiving the gifts of prophecy, tongues and evangelicalism.  I immediately receive tongues in that moment. It was very overwhelming and equally as powerful as childbirth. Just an mind-blowing experience. Anyhow, that night the dreams started.  God would in a still small voice and in dreams kinda of tell me who to pray for.  And on roughly the third day I started dreaming that my daughter would be in a very seriously relationship with a male friend of hers, they were both Sophomores at the time.  Anyhow, it is 2019, and the dreams keep coming as do waking visions. They almost dated last year, but didn't and now both are in romantic relationships with other people after theirs fell through. But the dream of them being together have not ceased.   I have had no dreams or visions of my daughter and her current boyfriend having a future together, even though I like them as a young couple very much.  So, I agree with a prior posted, which is said that reoccurring dream are ones that can not be stopped.  Hope this helps someone.  It is all still very much of a mystery to me.   Thank you to all those who are sharing. 

Edited by whatisdone