Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Actually Saw Something

Druidus-Logos

I don't make claims that aren't based on reality. I was debating whether I'd post this at all, but, in the end, I feel I have to.

I saw something last night I could not explain. I don't know what it was, I can't even hazard to guess.

It was in Prince Edward Island, in Stratford (in Canada). There were two oddly and quickly moving red/white lights. They seemed to alter between red and white, and yet remain both at the same time too. There was also a third red/white light, and these were arranged triangularly, with the last object in the "lead". The last object was by far the most interesting. It was surrounded by some sort of dark purple, and I hesitate to use this word, but I can see no better, "tentacles". They seemed to be moving rapidly, the tentacles, and they seemed connected somehow to the red/white object. I walked out to the middle of the road, astounded, and the object suddenly whirled, turning the lead object almost 180 degrees within about two seconds. It then began to move; the tentacles stretched out towards where it was going and some towards behind it. It rapidly receded into the distance, seeming to go UP. It disappeared within 20-30 second. Not on the horizon, but straight up, into the clear night sky.

I've never seen anythig like this. I'm fairly level-headed. I just don't know what I saw, I have no idea how to explain the way it moved or what the MASSIVE tentacles were, or how they could have been coordinated.

It's so bizarre.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Druidus-Logos

• The Caspian Hare

• Leonardo

• Slorri

My first thoughts were you had a direct observation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

*All hail his noodly appendages*

Seriously, however, the 'tentacles may have been an optical illusion, perhaps due to the light from the source reflecting/refracting off ice crystals in the air, or through a temperature gradient?

Also, how far away from you would you estimate these lights to be?

My first thoughts were you had a direct observation of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

*All hail his noodly appendages*

Seriously, however, the 'tentacles may have been an optical illusion, perhaps due to the light from the source reflecting/refracting off ice crystals in the air, or through a temperature gradient?

Also, how far away from you would you estimate these lights to be?

Ha, that's great Leo! Thanks for the laugh, much appreciated. :P

Yeah, I know it could have been an illusion. I'm aware that I can't prove this, I was sort of just wondering if others had seen something similar.

How far? That's a difficult one, I didn't really think of it at the time. They WERE pretty far up in the sky; I don't think I can judge beyond that, sorry. I'm not expecting this to be explained, and I don't firmly believe this was a spaceship or anything. Just something bizarre that I saw.

Any witnesses, time of day, dark or light, sound, distance as said.

You have not really provided much information.

I've never done this before, so excuse me for not knowing the rules, lol. It was around 0200 hours. It was pretty light out, the moon was bright, no clouds, the stars were clearly visible. I can't calculate the distance, no reference point, really. Sorry. There was no real sound, but I do remember a very strange sensation when it made the 180 degree turn and then started moving. It was almost like static washing over me. I guess it could have been some sort of atmospheric phenomenon? Imagine liquid static electricity washing over you and putting static-like pressure over your skin. Of course, it could have been a bodily reaction to such a strange phenomenon being witnessed. It went away almost as soon as the object/s disappeared.

Anyway, I went to bed after that, and had the most vivid and strange dreams I'd had in months. However, I forgot them almost immediately. I doubt its connected, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

This isn't some hoax. I've nothing to gain, and I fully recognize it's any number of possible things.

Any witnesses, time of day, dark or light, sound, distance as said.

You have not really provided much information.

He works for the FBI! you know :alien:

I've never done this before, so excuse me for not knowing the rules, lol. It was around 0200 hours. It was pretty light out, the moon was bright, no clouds, the stars were clearly visible. I can't calculate the distance, no reference point, really. Sorry. There was no real sound, but I do remember a very strange sensation when it made the 180 degree turn and then started moving. It was almost like static washing over me. I guess it could have been some sort of atmospheric phenomenon? Imagine liquid static electricity washing over you and putting static-like pressure over your skin. Of course, it could have been a bodily reaction to such a strange phenomenon being witnessed. It went away almost as soon as the object/s disappeared.

Anyway, I went to bed after that, and had the most vivid and strange dreams I'd had in months. However, I forgot them almost immediately. I doubt its connected, but I thought I'd throw it in there.

This isn't some hoax. I've nothing to gain, and I fully recognize it's any number of possible things.

It is possible you experienced the effect of space weather impacting the Earth's atmosphere, D-L. The 'electric skin' phenomenon (if that is what you are describing) is a common phenomenon of those who feel the effect of solar activity, such as geomagnetic storms, etc.

He works for the FBI! you know :alien:

I do too. ****, I just realized I leaked classified info while drunk! I shouldn't have told you guys this stuff, damn!

Quick, look here: *bright light - memoy wipe*

For our own goods. ;)

It is possible you experienced the effect of space weather impacting the Earth's atmosphere, D-L. The 'electric skin' phenomenon (if that is what you are describing) is a common phenomenon of those who feel the effect of solar activity, such as geomagnetic storms, etc.

That sounds quite plausible, and might even explain the tentacles if I understand correctly. Could you explain more about space weather?

:yes: flying spaghetti monster! i second that statement. Very rare find indeed you should taken photos with your cell for some prooficational purposes.

:yes: flying spaghetti monster! i second that statement. Very rare find indeed you should taken photos with your cell for some prooficational purposes.

I have no cell and it went away quickly.

Honestly, I stepped out to put the dogs out, there it was, and then there it wasn't.

It WAS something though, it WAS there.

Can't help you cuzzen. I've never seen anything similar that I could debunk you with. :lol: Ball lightning charging ice particles??? :blink::lol:

Lapiche

I'm aware that I can't prove this, I was sort of just wondering if others had seen something similar.

Giant tentacles from the sky... could have been cthulhu, you are lucky to escape with your life and sanity

Seriously, that sounds very strange and intriguing

Giant tentacles from the sky... could have been cthulhu, you are lucky to escape with your life and sanity

Seriously, that sounds very strange and intriguing

Dammit, I had a long post but the site lost it and I'm not writing all that right now again.

The gist of it is that it was so real looking, like everything else in my life, that they had to be either a weathe phenomenon, a classified military project (In Canada?), some sort of an alien craft (maybe multiple ones), or even, maybe, an alien or Terran organism ( a biological floating/flying thing of some kind in the sky).

It had to be real, it was as physically "there" as the houses around me, the boat in the harbour, my pet dogs, my parrot, planes, or, again, anything. So I have to wait for more evidence before fully deciding anythin, but I'm fairly certain it't one of the four possibilities mentioned.

Honestly? It looked an I felt like it was alien. But logically? It was some sort of weather effect. I'd love to know what it really was, but I doubt I ever will.

So, no one else has seen something similar?

LMFAO !!!!!!

I think maybe he doesn't believe people can feel geomagnetic storms, I myself have never heard of humans feeling their effects but I think they do affect certain animals