Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Scratches on Right Arm

KeyranSolo

I didn't notice these marks until yesterday afternoon, when I was laid in bed with my girlfriend, I noticed there were 3 really red scratches on the middle of the back of my arm, there is one really long one, a tiny one in the middle and a medium-sized one at the back of them both. I could have possibly done these whilst sleeping, but these are really rough scratches, really red and sore if I touch them. I don't own any pets, so a cat for example couldn't have inflicted them, although they do resemble what cat scratches would look like.

Here's the strangest part, when I first noticed the scratches, I only noticed there was one (the really big one), then after 10 minutes or so, I checked again and that's when the other 2 scratches appeared out of nowhere, I didn't physically feel a thing when the new ones appeared, nor did I actually see them happen, but they were there. This has freaked me out, i'm not a massive believer in Ghosts or the Paranormal, but I am VERY open-minded and willing to believe given the evidence is strong enough.

I should also mention I suffer from a bad anxiety disorder, I don't know how relevant that is, but more information for you guys I suppose. Oh, and I will post some pictures at a later date (possibly tommorow evening, by then the scratches might have faded, but now they are still sore and red, they have gone down in redness since I put a cream on them, but yeah tell me what you think).

Thank you,

KeyranSolo.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KeyranSolo

• ploppy

• Agent. Mulder

• illumination

Top Posters In This Topic

It probably is something you did in your sleep. Perhaps your girlfriend might of done it accidently as well.

I've woken up with 3 reddish lines on my arms, not too dark but visible and weird. At first I thought it was weird, as I couldn't think how it happened, but then it left my mind.

It probably is something you did in your sleep. Perhaps your girlfriend might of done it accidently as well.

I've woken up with 3 reddish lines on my arms, not too dark but visible and weird. At first I thought it was weird, as I couldn't think how it happened, but then it left my mind.

My girlfriend didn't sleep in my bed the night before it happened, she was at her parents. It could be something in my sleep, but I tried making the scratches again on my left arm with my finger nails, and they don't look the same at all. Another thing to note, I recently have been having dreams, I know i've had these dreams, but I never seem to know what they were about at all.

Have you a nightstand/table beside the bed or a headboard that could have scratched against you. It might be hard to duplicate the marks exactly, with your fingernails :unsure:

Do any of these dreams have anything that would related DIRECTLY to being scratched on the arm? Cos otherwise I'd say they might be unrelated. :) Just my opinion.

Have you a nightstand/table beside the bed or a headboard that could have scratched against you. It might be hard to duplicate the marks exactly, with your fingernails :unsure:

Do any of these dreams have anything that would related DIRECTLY to being scratched on the arm? Cos otherwise I'd say they might be unrelated. :) Just my opinion.

Nothing is next to my bed, only a metal bar that holds the bed together, but I see it impossible for them to cause any kind of scratch. Like I say about the dreams, I know I have them, but I don't know what they're about at all.

I don't know what else to say to you, I doubt highly that it's supernatural in anyway. We all have funny, weird dreams. There's not much to connect them to the scratches it would seem =/

Interesting,

I think it could be similar to getting a superficial burn and it not appearing till later. Maybe you scratched yourself in the shower or whilst outside without noticing. The marks may have only appeared the next day after you slept. This happens to me from time to time.

Your skin could be exceptional dry. Or in more serious cases you could have eczema or psoriasis

Also with anxiety orders people are at times prone to fidget and be compulsive. Like chewing your nails, biting your lip, picking your skin. Maybe you inflicted it upon yourself without realizing it.

It's just a little strange, that's why I thought i'd post on this particular forum. For now, i'll put it down to something i've done in my sleep, but the scratches are more than that in my opinion. Like I say, I will post pictures tommorow evening.

Thanks for your input both of you.

I think im over the "waking up with scratches, while i was sleeping" fad. This really seems quite explainable now. Youre asleep, and you scratch yourself. Could be from an itch. Could be from a bug on your arm, or other reasons. I think this was attributed to ghosts long ago, as people may not have had any idea how much people really move during their sleep.

• 6 years later...