Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Home problem Need help!

pimppapa1977

Has it been windy the nights the bells seemed to hit against the door? I had some wind chimes in my lobby, not even attached to the door, and my house is still quite a modern build, but the wind still managed to caused them chime. Just one explanation. To put things in perspective, as you swept your house with a gun in hand, I suppose you should be glad you didn't find an actual burglar. You say the activity started, or at least intensified with bringing the bells into your home? Have you tried getting rid of the bells all together, away from your house, in a tip somewhere. Or even test whether it is the presence of the bells by having a willing volunteer bring them into their home. Also do you have a basement? Just thinking, pipes can make a very similar sound to someone running or banging. Don't start calling the entity pipes though, if you've seen 'Ghostwatch' you'll understand why haha

No the bells are inside my house and it is a newly built well insulated home. Last night i put the camera out again but i slept through the whole night , my wife is going to review the footage today while im at work.

No the bells are inside my house and it is a newly built well insulated home. Last night i put the camera out again but i slept through the whole night , my wife is going to review the footage today while im at work.

quick question does your wife have an account here because it would be good to hear her thoughts on this situation

quick question does your wife have an account here because it would be good to hear her thoughts on this situation

No she doesnt. She just reviewed the footage and nothing, she stated maybe its not what we think maybe our kids are doing something in there room at night that sound like the bells.(maybe knocking over their piggy bank, or toy) The only thing i can say is i dont know anymore. I will keep filming every night for a week and if nothing happens again i will take a break, and wait to see if anything happens again.

No she doesnt. She just reviewed the footage and nothing, she stated maybe its not what we think maybe our kids are doing something in there room at night that sound like the bells.(maybe knocking over their piggy bank, or toy) The only thing i can say is i dont know anymore. I will keep filming every night for a week and if nothing happens again i will take a break, and wait to see if anything happens again.

Yea, they don't act up on comand either! The more you want it to happen, the longer it will take. Start rearranging furniture, that usually ticks them off!

T-hehehe :devil:

Edited by Hatch

Ok everyone I turn off the camera an voilà.we were so active last night.ok here it goes two evp sessions I did one for 15 not one damn reply,not one.the wife did one for four minutes and she has multiple and honestly I'm not goin to clean them up u can jus hea them on the speaker.I had quite a hard time sleeping. The part that bothers is what it answered to. We did a session with a flashlight as well when we asked of someone was here it went off. My wife asked do u like bothering Dan and it went off.when we moved to the evp session the 3 I can here were is there anyone here?yeeeesss. Do we know u? Nothing was said .Do we not know you? Sounds like a quick yes. Here's the one that bothered me. Do you like messing with Dan making him lose sleep.Yes!!!! And it's clear! Now when we asked who it was, family and whatnot we received no answer. When we went to bed around 1 there were lots of stomps and my cat was sleepn in the sink again. Then we were both woke up at 230 by the routine smack on our gun safe.I think whtever it is it isn't human and it def likes to mess with u so I'm goin to ignore for awhile.

Ok everyone I turn off the camera an voilà.we were so active last night.ok here it goes two evp sessions I did one for 15 not one damn reply,not one.the wife did one for four minutes and she has multiple and honestly I'm not goin to clean them up u can jus hea them on the speaker.I had quite a hard time sleeping. The part that bothers is what it answered to. We did a session with a flashlight as well when we asked of someone was here it went off. My wife asked do u like bothering Dan and it went off.when we moved to the evp session the 3 I can here were is there anyone here?yeeeesss. Do we know u? Nothing was said .Do we not know you? Sounds like a quick yes. Here's the one that bothered me. Do you like messing with Dan making him lose sleep.Yes!!!! And it's clear! Now when we asked who it was, family and whatnot we received no answer. When we went to bed around 1 there were lots of stomps and my cat was sleepn in the sink again. Then we were both woke up at 230 by the routine smack on our gun safe.I think whtever it is it isn't human and it def likes to mess with u so I'm goin to ignore for awhile.

Wow Dan, that's crazy. Do you have a digital audio of that EVP that you can upload somewhere?

If it were me, I'd run the camera every night if I had to work the next day, and turn it off for the weekends to figure out more.

Yup it's digital last night was hard on me and the wife it really bothered us. I did the I command you to leave in the name of Jesus thing but it stayed. I will probably upload the audio since I know people don't believe me. Just need sometime to think about the next move. Since we have two small one I need to be very careful.Honestly I'm shocked being brought up from a pretty strict Christian family. We even read from the bible and it's still here. It slapped our bed by both our feet hard 4 times I'm a quick sequence. I'm thinking it likes the attention so maybe we should just ignore it. Opinions?????

Yup it's digital last night was hard on me and the wife it really bothered us. I did the I command you to leave in the name of Jesus thing but it stayed. I will probably upload the audio since I know people don't believe me. Just need sometime to think about the next move. Since we have two small one I need to be very careful.Honestly I'm shocked being brought up from a pretty strict Christian family. We even read from the bible and it's still here. It slapped our bed by both our feet hard 4 times I'm a quick sequence. I'm thinking it likes the attention so maybe we should just ignore it. Opinions?????

Crap! You might need a pro! I really thought it was just a haunting, doesn't sound like just a haunting anymore! Don't be scared of it, it feeds it. Please do upload the EVP and any footage you get, it might help the psychics get a better bead on this thing.

Hatch.

The worst part is it answered normal questions but wouldn't answer what sex or the age or whobit was. That leaves it open to anything. I'm not gonna do another evp session I promise u that!

Could you upload them? youtube is a popular choice for uploading EVPs and theyre easy to link to on here....I look forward to hearing these

OK I have always been extremely skeptical on this subject until now that i havent really slep in a week. Ill try and shorten the story, tonight i am actually going to practice some trouble shooting to see what exactly is going on. I bought my first home last Oct in a small town near Gettysburg after 10 years of submarine Navy service. There were no major things that i took notice of except small pops, creaks , ect; the normal house settling. Last weekend my wife and I made a new furniture purchase along with some Halloween decorations for the new home. On the way home from the store there was a garage sale. My wife purchased 2 old spirit decanters that are marked on the bottom for medicinal purpose only (Prohibition era). I think that is where our problem started. One of the decorations we bought is a set of 2 bells (softball size) painted like pumpkins. They are tied on a piece of 10" ribbon hanging on the inside of my front door. These bells weigh approx 1.5 lbs .

Last Tues night the entire house was awakened by what sounded like someone breaking in the front door at approx 230Am. My daughter was crying as i swept the house to check for intruders. There was noone in the house, I did notice the bells were moving on the locked front door, i also noticed that my cat was sitting there and wrote it off as cat play time and went to bed. Weds afternoon comes and goes and around the same time that night, the same situation. This time louder, i grab my gun,run downstairs as i get to the middle of the steps you can hear what sounds as a man running through my dining room. All the plates rattle ( with loud foot steps). Once again i see my cat and even though i know it sounded like a grown person running i write it off as my cat. This brings me to last night ;and i apologize for the long story but i havent slept and im at work wondering what i should do. Yesterday i make another furniture purchase, a grandfather clock. As i admired it last night, jokingly my wife says i bet we get woke up again my mr or mrs nosey. 1206 AM same sound, bell rings as if someone picked them up and slammed them against the door. My 6 year old woke up againg crying as i do the all too familiar home sec check, gun in hand; and guess what NOTHING... noone in the house nothing. It didnt stop there, i took these damn bells and threw them in my laundry basket in my closet. This would stop right? No this time i hear loud footsteps right up to my bed and a loud Tap on my Gunsafe next to my bed. I situp... Nothing. I lay back down; and then a really hard wack as if to say ha you a*&hole i saw you with your gun. There were more footsteps followed by rummaging in my laundry basket for these stupid bells bought at Michaels art store. They arent antique or anything so whats the attraction? Now what do i do? Current plan is to setup a video camera? should i mess around with EVP? I swear this is real and im going to catch at least the bells moving to prove it. I am worried though becuase i have 2 small children and dont want to open this up any worse. I need real suggestions. Priest? Ignore it? i can take anymore of these nights. Please offer real help.

Welcome. You definately have come to one of the best sites on the net to get opinions and have your questions honestly and promptly answered.There are very knowledgeable members, some more than others,in addressing "paranormal questions" dealt. While I am, in no why a "professional ghost hunter" or "paranormal investigator", I do frequent supposedly haunted locations and have spent many years doing reenacting at Gettyssburg Battlefield and in the town itself.Having some relatives that were on "subs", and having met some of their shipmates, they were described to me as being very level headed, not prone to jumping to "conclusions" when things went wrong on "her", well, according to some of them, and very down-to-earth, so I personally feel your concerns are genuine and "something paranormal" might be going on but caused by what is unknown.I usually suggest looking at any and all "logical reasons" for the events,then consider the paranormal. I have tried using "paranormal invetigators in my area, which you might consider,an "ordained priest", to cleanse and bless the house, also an option, are 2 that come to mind but i am sure there will be more info. coming your way. Best of luck.

The worst part is it answered normal questions but wouldn't answer what sex or the age or whobit was. That leaves it open to anything. I'm not gonna do another evp session I promise u that!

Yea, EVP's are a useful tool but you can do them to much and the entity would feel welcomed so yea, no more EVP's but an investagater would want some fresh ones. Like Grave said, an ordained Priest or Pastor might be in order. They can take awhile so an investaging team might help in the mean time and some work with clergy so it's worth a try.

Hatch.

Welcome. You definately have come to one of the best sites on the net to get opinions and have your questions honestly and promptly answered.There are some fairly knowledgeable members, some more than others,in addressing most, non-complicated "paranormal questions". While I am, in no why a "professional investigator", I do frequent supposedly haunted locations and have spent many years doing reenacting and research at Gettysburg Battlefield and in the town itself.I wish you luck. I know because the house I occuppy has been haunted all of my life,160 yo, family home, I grew up in, so "weird **** is "old hat" to me but it can be as nerve wrecking as 5 days in a row,of "GENRAL QUARTERS" "GENRAL QUARTERS" between 0.100 and 06.00 hours.Hang in there.

Edited by Graveyard Hound

I had posted somewhere else...If you want paranormal activity to leave your house .......

Just turn on a video camera....... thumbsup.gif

I think I am going to market a ' Ghost / Demon " repellent.....Those fake security cameras that people set up to keep intruders away , just with a little twist in the name ..... yes.gif

I can not suggest anything right now , until I see some video , or hear a recording , I have my doubts.....No offence at all , it just comes with the territory here.......

I as much as anyone else would love to see,hear,experience this......

Some people know this is coming , so I will say it.......

If you get tired of those bells bothering you , you can send them to me thumbsup.gif

P.S....Ignore the " Demon" thing....I tired to get one in my house , or a spirit...I have the topic here asking anyone for advice , tried everything.....

There are 0 ( zero ) confirmed injuries / deaths , etc. from a " Ghost " , so do not worry.....Man , I wish I could experience these things....

Edited by Sakari

I had posted somewhere else...If you want paranormal activity to leave your house .......

Just turn on a video camera....... thumbsup.gif

I think I am going to market a ' Ghost / Demon " repellent.....Those fake security cameras that people set up to keep intruders away , just with a little twist in the name ..... yes.gif

I can not suggest anything right now , until I see some video , or hear a recording , I have my doubts.....No offence at all , it just comes with the territory here.......

I as much as anyone else would love to see,hear,experience this......

Some people know this is coming , so I will say it.......

If you get tired of those bells bothering you , you can send them to me thumbsup.gif

P.S....Ignore the " Demon" thing....I tired to get one in my house , or a spirit...I have the topic here asking anyone for advice , tried everything.....

There are 0 ( zero ) confirmed injuries / deaths , etc. from a " Ghost " , so do not worry.....Man , I wish I could experience these things....

Your so funny! Ghost repellent video cam! Gettem while there HOT! :w00t:

On a related topic, the "normal creaking and house setteling" is very rarely normal. In order for such noises to occur under regular wind condtions your house has to be improperly constructed. Pay more attention to creaks and other small noises.

Most people automatically try to find normal explanations for sounds and dismiss them outright. While quite normal, it is often a incorect way of logic.

Edited by cpjason

OK everyone here it is it took me forever to convert to WAV. If you listen from 1:18 on when my wife asks a name it is very quiet. I am going to attempt to clean up on audacity. There are a few suspected EVPs here. Listen from 1:18 on please tell me im not crazy. I think it says its name when my wife asks. The last evp is very clear YES. Please help as it has been very active here. Thanks!!!

Where is it?

TRY THIS

nope.....shoot me email , I will post it....PM me

Yes sir I could hear this thing say yes two times, it said yes when asked if it liked messing with dan and another time it said yes when asked if it was the one ringing the bells,

BTW it opens in winamp,

Regards

TFF

I couldn't hear a thing! I must be doing something wrong.

Hi Hatch, I got the thing to open using winamp and crancked up the volume, Hope you do hear it cos something sure did say yes, In a very soft and quite voice,

Regards;

TFF

I couldn't hear a thing! I must be doing something wrong.

[/quote

first evp is at 120 then they get real loud at the end