Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious wet spots

ghostgirls

We think we have a ghost.

About a week ago, I opened up my bottom dresser drawer and everything in it was wet. Not saturated, just wet spots all over. I automatically smelled a wet spot and it had a very faint odor... not bad, not urine or beer or anything recognizable, but an odor nonetheless. The drawer was not wet, nor was anything in the drawer above it, nor was any part of the dresser.

Then, a couple of days ago, I woke up and sat on the couch. I immediately got up because I felt something wet. I went and got a paper towel to soak it up, and the imprint on the towel was perfectly round. It took a lot of paper towels to soak the liquid up, and it didn't get entirely dry. Again, it was clear with a strange, unrecognizeable odor.

The creepiest one happened the next day. My cousin (we live together) came home from work and opened up the little glass jar in which we keep our q-tips. She took one out and it was wet. Now, get this. The entire q-tip was not wet, just the stem. The cotton parts were completely dry. And it was like that with every q-tip in the jar. The jar is glass and has a tight-fitting glass lid. It was not in the bathroom.

There were no leaks in the ceiling in any of these cases, or water or liquid anywhere else to be found. We can not figure it out. We live in a very old apartment building on the second floor.

Does anybody have any ideas?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MstrMsn

• Moonie2012

• Harakuro

• gabriel58

Is it anyways possible to take that liquid to analyzed somewhere? I guess you can buy own paper tests but to get full analyze maybe nearest university?

Sorry but I don't understand why this might be ghost or spirit? Has anything else weird happened in the house (eg. things being moved and stuff)? Otherwise you have to little information to call "ghost".

try to get a sample of it litmus paper will tell you if the substance is acidic, alkaline or neutral if it comes out neutral then its probably just water

Got any pets?

I thought that at first until I read about the q-tips in the jar with a lid on it. Unless she has a monkey, I don't think a pet could get into the jar.

I thought that at first until I read about the q-tips in the jar with a lid on it. Unless she has a monkey, I don't think a pet could get into the jar.

I don't think a pet did that - someone probably just accidentally (or purposefully as a joke) got water into the jar the last time it was opened. I have a hard time believing water would magically appear inside a sealed jar, even it there WAS something paranormal going on.

Edited by Moonie2012

Got any pets?

Dead ones.

Ghost dog.

Dead ones.

Ghost dog.

Ghost-dog_5.jpgYes?

Maybe it's a monkey ghost? Lol. But anyway, what kind of ghost does this? Reminds me of something out of Ghost Whisperer...

Maybe it's a monkey ghost? Lol. But anyway, what kind of ghost does this? Reminds me of something out of Ghost Whisperer...

Maybe the ghost of someone who drowned???

Maybe the ghost of someone who drowned???

The ghost of a drowning victim dragging water around with them for eternity seems a little too Hollywood to me.

It would be a like a burn victim ghost setting fires everywhere, or a grenade victim ghost blowing stuff up.

Edited by Moonie2012

The ghost of a drowning victim dragging water around with them for eternity seems a little too Hollywood to me.

It would be a like a burn victim ghost setting fires everywhere, or a grenade victim ghost blowing stuff up.

Ugh. Imagine dying while on the toilet.

Wouldnt want them haunting me.

Lol. So your delicate sensisbilities as to why things can or cannot happen is based on whether it seems over the top? No imagination on you at all.

Lol. So your delicate sensisbilities as to why things can or cannot happen is based on whether it seems over the top? No imagination on you at all.

I can imagine plenty, it's that darn logic that kicks in is what ruins it.

Edited by Moonie2012

I'm logical too....I think? I guess the only difference is, that for me... I logically believe, there's enough recorded evidence out there to prove the existence of the paranormal. Ofcourse, I try to remain objective too.

My aunt's house is probably haunted too. The other day my cousin got home from work. She was alone. She called me and she sounded scared...I asked her what was wrong? And she told me she heard someone open the door in the upstairs bedroom. She was afraid and I asked her if I should go over(we assumed someone had broken in) since I was only a few blocks away at a friends house. She locked herself in her room because she heard the footsteps going up or down the stairs. Finally she let out a sigh of relief and told me, "I think it's the ghost my mom and I hear all the time.."

I don't doubt it for a second. I used to live there with them a few years ago, and had an interesting and scary experience of my own. In a nutshell, I was in bed asleep at around 8pm. I awoke to my bed shaking and felt like something or someone was on top of my legs..then suddenly it bolted off of me..and I thought it was someone playing a prank...when I realized I was locked inside my room with no one around, I ran out of the room and then the house as fast as I could barefoot and all..I was literally in the middle of the street, dazed and confused. My cousin(same one) who had seen me run out approached me and asked what was the matter. I told her what happened and she wasn't that surprised..she told me there was a ghost of a man in a hat, with a trenchcoat, they'd seen randomly throughout the years. Needless to say I moved out a month later lol.

I'll have to go with the "paranormal side" but why they got wet? ,"what" did it?, assuming "it" would fit into the "categories" used to put "ghosts" in.It is interesting.

If you're all quite finished with the allegedly witty crosschatter banter?

Although not as frequent as people hearing voices or things like that, the occasional "wet spots" thread pops up regularly enough it is a commonly reported phenomenon, and it does tend to be random, from furniture to floors, ceilings, and unusual places like cabinets (inside a q-tip holder is new). Although some hauntings have been reported to have also included appearances of amounts of water of unknown origin, enough that they are a possible component of hauntings, they aren't a "standard" defacto symptom, and there have been plenty of reports of just mysterious water spots like these, with no other phenomenon. I'd say do what you can to check for other possible spots, and look for any obvious possible sources such as leaky pipes, ask around, maybe someone left the qtip container sitting out and splashed water in it, etc. Otherwise, it's kind of hard to say.

If this is a ghost, why would it be doing this? What is the purpose? Makes no sense, sounds like someone trying to put a new spin on a story.

• 2 weeks later...

Who says it has to be ghosts? Poltergeists can be pesky buggers that enjoy messing with people. (and forget about the movies, they were retarded)

Condensation? Maybe your house is full of moisture and it drips in various places. A couple of wet spots doesn't sound like a ghost of any kind.

Condensation? Maybe your house is full of moisture and it drips in various places. A couple of wet spots doesn't sound like a ghost of any kind.

Can you explain the report of q-tips in a sealed jar becoming damp?