Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious wet spots

ghostgirls

Can you explain the report of q-tips in a sealed jar becoming damp?

I'd like to see that jar. Is it the type with a rubber gasket?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MstrMsn

• Moonie2012

• Harakuro

• gabriel58

I'd like to see that jar. Is it the type with a rubber gasket?

Quote from the OP: "The entire q-tip was not wet, just the stem. The cotton parts were completely dry. And it was like that with every q-tip in the jar. The jar is glass and has a tight-fitting glass lid"

Doesn't specify the exact type of lid. However, regardless of the type of lid, how would you explain that only the middle part of the q-tip was wet, and not the cotton ends?

Quote from the OP: "The entire q-tip was not wet, just the stem. The cotton parts were completely dry. And it was like that with every q-tip in the jar. The jar is glass and has a tight-fitting glass lid"

Doesn't specify the exact type of lid. However, regardless of the type of lid, how would you explain that only the middle part of the q-tip was wet, and not the cotton ends?

Hmm... sounds strange.

Maybe, since the ends of Qtips are lighter, the water dried from that area, but was contained in the denser mid sections.

I'm going to try this after class today. I'll post my methods and results.

This reminds me on The Sims 2. You get a drowning victim and the ghost leaves puddles all over for your sim to clean :lol:

Seriously though I would test the liquid and move on from there.

Hmm... sounds strange.

Maybe, since the ends of Qtips are lighter, the water dried from that area, but was contained in the denser mid sections.

I'm going to try this after class today. I'll post my methods and results.

I tried a little experiment: I took 10 q-tips, all with varying levels of wetness, and checked to see how long it took them to dry, and what dried first. 1 of each in sunlight, and 1 of each in the shade. On all of them, the stem dried first.

That's what happens when you're in Afghanistan with nothing to do.

I tried a little experiment: I took 10 q-tips, all with varying levels of wetness, and checked to see how long it took them to dry, and what dried first. 1 of each in sunlight, and 1 of each in the shade. On all of them, the stem dried first.

That's what happens when you're in Afghanistan with nothing to do.

well, there goes that idea...

I guess I'm stumped.

well, there goes that idea...

I guess I'm stumped.

Actually, try it anyway. You might think of something I didn't. You never know, you could end up with the same results as me, and we're totally stumped. OR, you could be able to do something I couldn't. Like I said, I'm in Afghanistan, so I'm kinda limited as far as test materials.

Ghost-dog_5.jpgYes?

I watched it several years back. Getting past the whole cheesey thing, it was pretty entertaining. I actually find myself thinking of Ghost Dog and his philosophy once in awhile. Strange.

Ugh. Imagine dying while on the toilet.

Wouldnt want them haunting me.

That actually happened to one of the Capos in The Sopranoes.

That actually happened to one of the Capos in The Sopranoes.

It also happened to Elvis.

It also happened to Elvis.

I was about to say the same thing...

And Elvis haunts 7-11's across the country.

• 1 month later...

We think we have a ghost.

About a week ago, I opened up my bottom dresser drawer and everything in it was wet. Not saturated, just wet spots all over. I automatically smelled a wet spot and it had a very faint odor... not bad, not urine or beer or anything recognizable, but an odor nonetheless. The drawer was not wet, nor was anything in the drawer above it, nor was any part of the dresser.

Then, a couple of days ago, I woke up and sat on the couch. I immediately got up because I felt something wet. I went and got a paper towel to soak it up, and the imprint on the towel was perfectly round. It took a lot of paper towels to soak the liquid up, and it didn't get entirely dry. Again, it was clear with a strange, unrecognizeable odor.

The creepiest one happened the next day. My cousin (we live together) came home from work and opened up the little glass jar in which we keep our q-tips. She took one out and it was wet. Now, get this. The entire q-tip was not wet, just the stem. The cotton parts were completely dry. And it was like that with every q-tip in the jar. The jar is glass and has a tight-fitting glass lid. It was not in the bathroom.

There were no leaks in the ceiling in any of these cases, or water or liquid anywhere else to be found. We can not figure it out. We live in a very old apartment building on the second floor.

Does anybody have any ideas?

We've experienced this for a few years here. It was hard to write knowing how skeptical some people online are, and anti anything resembling religion or talk of God etc.

I mention God because one time this happened specifically while praying for a desperate situation.

We'd seen the wet spots for a few years as I mentioned. They always appear on our bed, well my bed.

My son and I live here together and he's about 20, and he used to always like my big bed, to sleep in but he just will not any more, it's just too weird for him.

This liquid appears at any time of night or day, and is seeming to be there right before we get to the bed, as in it is still a pubble or very soaked spot that is very visible as this stuff usually evaporates very fast. Not like a solvent but much faster than water. It foams easily if you try to wring it out of the quilt or push down into the mattress. It has a distinct "non oder", so hard to s\describe, it is nothing but it is like some place? I don't know I'll just stick with it is a non oder.

If you feel the stuff , it has a slimy , slippery feel to it , almost gross, but not if you are used to it I guess, tho the surprise of a large puddle in the bed that's pretty cold is always a surprise.

Somehow after a certain experience that I had occurred it is always far away on the bed from me so that I can sleep without having to lie in it,it used to always be where you'd feel it or notice it if you you got into bed, but something has changed.

On one occasion almost a year ago, I had an attack of some sorts, as I have an abdominal hernia, and it had been neglected for a couple of years. Surgeon doesn't want to open up my abdomen due to my liver condition. I remember to push it in and hope I don't forget long enough for it to become strangulated and cause cell death in my intestines, from lack of blood flow.

On one occasion where I did not feel like going back to the hospital I laid down d0 try and stop the spasming as I'd forgotten to push the thing back in for several hours, and I was having some irregular heart beats and horrible pain as well.

Anyway I thought I may have another heart attack and was pretty scared and waiting for the thing to stop going crazy, I was scared for my life and thought I may even have ruptured the hernia which could have meant possibly less than 12 hours to live, more or less.

I had my son come to check on me every 5 minutes or so in case he needed to get me to the hospital and I may be unable to call, so he was in the other room.

I put my hands together as I lay on my side thinking I may have really done it now, and may be done.

So I prayed and asked that if there was even a way to let anyone around me to help me , that I would not be afraid, and the second that I ended my prayer right under my clasped hands there a circle of liquid appeared and came up right like out of the mattress and through the blue sheet. This was like a 7 or 8 inch circle, that perfectly surrounded my hands.

At the same time this happened , my hernia like instantly went in and all the spasms stopped, all pain just stopped. I yelled for my son to get in here, and look at what just happened, he couldn't believe it, and said I thought you were doing these spots on the bed, and they weren't real!

He was getting ready to call the ambulance more or less just minutes before this happened, and we both of course had to check out the smell, texture and evalutae that this was the same exact "liquid" as before.

This led me to understand that they were harmless and if anything possibly here to help. I don't want to go into what I believe or speculate , I am trying to just give the physical facts here.

Anyway that was a miracle and , after that the spots are never in an annoying place for me to have to sleep on anymore. Just nearby as I can find them and still feel, or turn on the light and thoroughly examine them and have my son come in to witenss it with me if I want.

We are over the strangeness of it and basically I don't call hiom to look any more, as we know it goes on. He just isn't as comfortable as I am so he stays in his own single bed now days.

One thing I have noticed is after I have tried to help someone with a probelm and really help them either feel better or in some other way, it seems to always appear the same night many times, others a night or two after.

Other times it's just random.

You get curious sometimes and wonder where it may be and just jump into bed and find it's just a small little spot that you have to stretch to reach with your toes, or roll over and just touch with your knee. But it is always befopre going to sleep , and always there before turning off the lights and sleeping. Never woke up with it there or anything like that , ever.

One time it was only on the place where my thumb and first two fingers grasped the sheet to move it in the summer, as if someone knew this was where I'd grab the sheet exactly.

Just last night (one reason I finally did a search and thought I'd join talk about this to someone) I had my covers all folded half down to the foot of the bed, and when I got into bed and reached down to cover up, my left hand wrapped around the very top edge of the quilt and only the area that was in my fist the width of my hand it was soaked with it.

This time it was there throughout the whole night until very early this morning. Usually everything is evaporated and dry within a n hour or much less. You can watch it evaporate in front of your eyes if you put in on your hand as I mentioned before kind of like a solvent , but not.

Other things have happened here, things move, things really have moved fast, air born, right in front of us, but only really until this all came about.

It seems like now that our attention is aroused and we are very aware , that there has been no need to get our attention in any other ways.

I wouldn't have a clue where to get the stuff tested, and don't really care much to. We know what's here and are fine and feel safe with it.

There used to be some problems in our lives that are just not there any more, and knowing this is here and (we feel) associated with "good" energy, I sleep for the most part better than ever before in this house.

It is over 100 years old.

I just wanted to say this is real , and when and if you see it you'll know it.

I'm over 50 years old, I have been a roofer, plumber, done almost every phase of any building/house maintenance / repairs and strange conditions possible, and I've seen a ton of strange leaks , condensation etc., and I can assure you that this is real in this house.

Thanks for reading and I am interested in hearing from others with this particular experience.

Just seems like a long time to never really check into it so I did today. :)

Thanks and happy to meet you all.

It can be parnormal. I was sitting on a couch once at a haunted place, and I had a wet spot appear right next to where I was sitting. It had a foul odor and no one was sitting next to me.

I had my feet on the spot before hand, saw and smelled nothing. All the sudden this odor hits me in the face, and I find the wet spot.

It was a scary evening, where I had many paranormal happenings.

I got several explainations, one that comes to mind is more "psychological/physical" and has nothing to do with the paranormal.Interesting case, never-the-less,would love to get more info.about it but interesting to keep up with. Thanks. :yes:

I realize that it's more fun to immediately jump to the paranormal explanation, but try this on for size:

Someone either intentionally or unintentionally put away their laundry while a few items were still damp.

Someone spilled something on the couch and didn't realize it. Or perhaps their pants were wet.

Someone accidentally got water in the q-tip jar or (and I've done this) pulled a q-tip out of the jar, another falls onto the counter or sink in a wet spot and is put back into the jar.

I realize that it's more fun to immediately jump to the paranormal explanation, but try this on for size:

Someone either intentionally or unintentionally put away their laundry while a few items were still damp.

Someone spilled something on the couch and didn't realize it. Or perhaps their pants were wet.

Someone accidentally got water in the q-tip jar or (and I've done this) pulled a q-tip out of the jar, another falls onto the counter or sink in a wet spot and is put back into the jar.

Most don't find it so fun to try sleeping in my bed. :rolleyes:

We had someone spend the night about 3 months ago who slept in my room.

They didn't believe it until they went to bed, and yelled for us to come in there. There was not one but at least 4-5 different wet slimy spots all over the covers where she had gotten into the bed, only covering the side of the bed she was going to sleep on.

I love when skeptics visit and get to see a loaf of bread or bottle of dish soap fly from the counter.

Doesn't always go that way, but was funny when it did, and seemed it needed to, as we were about tired of being basically not believed by our own family member who knew better from experiences we'd went through at another old house 20 years ago.

They recalled all of it shortly after their last visit with us.

This kind of reminds me of my little cousin When she was a little girl she had an imaginary friend named sally. One day her parents walked into her room and it was full of about 2 to 3 inches of water. She said Sally did it. The windows were sealed shut and It hadn't rained in weeks. They checked the pipes and everything they could think of but they just couldn't explain it. The moved after that..

I'm guessing this was mostly a prank than anything else. I never really heard of wet spots before though.

One thing i also am wondering after reading through this thread was a foot steps.

Parapsychologist have made studies that a spirit weights about 21 grams. Now do we seriously believe that not only can they pass throught the sound berrier of the spiritual realm to the physical and produce a constant sounds of foot steps, When a fly walks, can you hear it walk?

I'm guessing this was mostly a prank than anything else. I never really heard of wet spots before though.

One thing i also am wondering after reading through this thread was a foot steps.

Parapsychologist have made studies that a spirit weights about 21 grams. Now do we seriously believe that not only can they pass throught the sound berrier of the spiritual realm to the physical and produce a constant sounds of foot steps, When a fly walks, can you hear it walk?

Parapsychologists say a spirit weighs only 21 grams? Didn't hear that before. I do know parapsychologists say they can hear footsteps, as well as record them however. You've heard EVPs before right?

I just don't understand the logic here. Why would weight of something (assuming that it has any) possibly in another dimension even apply to what we measure to produce sound in our world?

So you've never heard of wet spots before?

If you are at a computer I'd do some research. It is not so uncommon as you'd think.

Our lack of experience or knowledge of something in no way disproves it, any more than my lack of understanding and knowledge of time travel disproves it's possibility.

As far as pranks go, I can't speak for the OP , but we've lived here 13 years and only two of us here for the last 3 years the wet stuff has went on. I would be offended if someone disputed what we know for certain are not any sort of a prank.

Ever see a glass punch bowl levitate and explode, sending shards into one direction before? This was in the house we moved from 20 years ago, in a room with 4 people praying.

I think if you ever see any part of what I have seen in my life for yourself, you will be needing some clean shorts.

Hope you never do, for your sake, they will love you.

Parapsychologists say a spirit weighs only 21 grams? Didn't hear that before. I do know parapsychologists say they can hear footsteps, as well as record them however. You've heard EVPs before right?

I just don't understand the logic here. Why would weight of something (assuming that it has any) possibly in another dimension even apply to what we measure to produce sound in our world?

So you've never heard of wet spots before?

If you are at a computer I'd do some research. It is not so uncommon as you'd think.

Our lack of experience or knowledge of something in no way disproves it, any more than my lack of understanding and knowledge of time travel disproves it's possibility.

As far as pranks go, I can't speak for the OP , but we've lived here 13 years and only two of us here for the last 3 years the wet stuff has went on. I would be offended if someone disputed what we know for certain are not any sort of a prank.

Ever see a glass punch bowl levitate and explode, sending shards into one direction before? This was in the house we moved from 20 years ago, in a room with 4 people praying.

I think if you ever see any part of what I have seen in my life for yourself, you will be needing some clean shorts.

Hope you never do, for your sake, they will love you.

Parapsychologist have tested the weight of dying people, when they did die they realize they all lost 21grams in weight, as a conclusion they assume a soul weight 21 gram

EVP's are not always what they appear to be, give me hard evidence that what is taped is actually coming from something for the beyond.

And if a glass levitated from above and exploded, do you have evidence of this, pictures, videos, anything to prove that what your saying is true?

WE live in a world that everything needs to be proven to believe. Not calling you a liar, but hard facts is what matters.

Ugh. Imagine dying while on the toilet.

Wouldnt want them haunting me.

That has happened. People dying on the toilet. Don't know about haunting. People have also died in the shower.

That has happened. People dying on the toilet. Don't know about haunting. People have also died in the shower.

O.o What a way to die xD

Yeah, I have dealt with a couple of elderly guys who died on the toilet...wait, not at the same time or same toilet, different places. Anyway...

A lot of people pass out on the toilet too; when people bare down during a bowel movement pressure is put on a nerve that runs through the abdomen called the Vagus nerve. That nerve does a lot of things, but ultimately it can effect the heart rate/blood pressure if it is stimulated, so some people have fainting episodes on the toilet. The medical term is a vasal-vagal syncopal episode.

It is much better to be able to say "I had a vasal-vagal syncopal episode" than to say "I passed out on the pooper". Medical terminology has some advantages.

Yeah, I have dealt with a couple of elderly guys who died on the toilet...wait, not at the same time or same toilet, different places. Anyway...

A lot of people pass out on the toilet too; when people bare down during a bowel movement pressure is put on a nerve that runs through the abdomen called the Vagus nerve. That nerve does a lot of things, but ultimately it can effect the heart rate/blood pressure if it is stimulated, so some people have fainting episodes on the toilet. The medical term is a vasal-vagal syncopal episode.

It is much better to be able to say "I had a vasal-vagal syncopal episode" than to say "I passed out on the pooper". Medical terminology has some advantages.

I think it would be best to leave there for a while since the body does its last bm at time of death. Less to clean up. LOL.

Is it responsible for that painful then pleasant sensation.

This is such a gross conversation. LOL.

Edited by scepticalbeliever

Parapsychologist have tested the weight of dying people, when they did die they realize they all lost 21grams in weight, as a conclusion they assume a soul weight 21 gram

EVP's are not always what they appear to be, give me hard evidence that what is taped is actually coming from something for the beyond.

And if a glass levitated from above and exploded, do you have evidence of this, pictures, videos, anything to prove that what your saying is true?

WE live in a world that everything needs to be proven to believe. Not calling you a liar, but hard facts is what matters.

That's one hell of an assumption, that it is the soul's weight. I am ignorant of this information completely, and don't see it's need in understanding what I was talking about in hearing and being able to record footsteps in places that are verified as empty and no other source of sound. Someone says they can weigh a "soul" and it's 21 grams. I am wanting the proof for the speculation that this means that audible footsteps can not be recorded or heard.

Sorry but sounds like a personal opinion. I'd like some verification or sources of this statement. Facts matter, not speculation as to the alleged weight of a soul means it couldn't produce sounds from a physical footstep in the only dimension we are familiar with. Like you said facts.

As far as proof that this happened , I was merely making reference to explain something that was obviously a waste of time.

We didn't feel that we needed to prove anyrthing to anyone 20 years ago about a punch bowl exploding right in front of our eyes magically only sending shards in one direction. We experienced it, period.

We were not looking to go tell the story to anyone, and the problem stopped, after what happened, and our prayers ended with the explosion and shards heading to the back door embedded all around the back door frame, and plaster.

Why would we have taken pictures that someone could say wre hoaxed by someone throwing a punch bowl at a wall? Why would anyone want the attention? How do you record something that you don't know is about to happen?

I don't give one damn about what you have not seen nor can comprehend believing. Why should you believe it? But when someone says it happened to them and there are 4 family members who lived through it, be ready to call them a liar to their face if you are going to sit behind a keyboard and speculate about things being possible because they have never seen or heard of them before.

We all could have been killed but we were spared. You have no idea what went on prior to or during the prayers, or what they were for.

Passing judgment based only on your own knowledge is silly to say the least regardless of the subject.

You wouldn't last one night here.

I did not come here to prove I am not making crap up to some kid.

I only joined and posted to talk to someone with experience with the liquids. There are others out there who have, and comparing notes is all I am interested in.

Wanna come stay a day or two in our house and be a skeptic?, and act like a respectful adult? IM me, and we'll talk. I'd love to see this again and film it as well. But I get rights to post your reaction.

Hard facts...., give me a break kid.

Carry on.