Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JFK Assassination

striker7

What if the 'several' witnesses worked for the man or the mob?

Then I guess you got me there.

The witness I was going to mention by name was Marrion Baker, but he was a cop, hence a servant of The Man.

And cops then did not get paid to work for the mob i suppose?

of course it does, but it would have a different effect on the accuracy of your shot according to the angle of the shot.

if you shoot directly down, gravity has no effect on the accuracy of your shot.

if you shoot directly horizontal, gravity will change its trajectory by X.

if you shoot at an angle from the book depository, then gravity will have an effect on the trajectory between 0 and X.

so the rifle would need to be calibrated differently according to the angle.

Here's a link that explains the impact of gravity on a projectile. Link

Snipers take a lot of different variables (including gravity) into consideration when firing, the farther the shot the more variables they consider and the more the "flight" of the bullet is affected by these variables, but we're talking about shots of more than 300 yards, some of more than a mile, but in the instance of the JFK assassination, the biggest variables would have been wind direction, windage, elevation, and the speed of the target.

Edited by IamsSon

of course it does, but it would have a different effect on the accuracy of your shot according to the angle of the shot.

if you shoot directly down, gravity has no effect on the accuracy of your shot.

if you shoot directly horizontal, gravity will change its trajectory by X.

if you shoot at an angle from the book depository, then gravity will have an effect on the trajectory between 0 and X.

so the rifle would need to be calibrated differently according to the angle.

I see what you are saying, but I don't believe rifles need to constantly be recalibrated depending upon the angle of the shot. Like I said many times, the shooter shot three times before hitting Kennedy's head, which accounts for nerves, the "siting in" of his rifle, the fact he was aiming at a moving target, etc.

And cops then did not get paid to work for the mob i suppose?

Do you have any evidence Mr. Baker was on the mob's payroll?

I thought it had been provved that the gun used could not be as good in Oswalds hands as he was not that good a shot?

I thought it had been provved that the gun used could not be as good in Oswalds hands as he was not that good a shot?

Wait, why did you change the subject? You were speaking about how Officer Baker was working for the mob - do you have evidence of that?

As for this question, look a few pages back. It's been covered.

do you have any evidence mr baker was not,

You know, mrcop, this is not really the kind of reply I would expect of someone who has been deeply involved in researching this and other conspiracies. After all the time (I assume) you have spent discussing and debating conspiracies I find it hard to believe you really go around making these kind of immature challenges. Edited by IamsSon

As for this question, look a few pages back. It's been covered.

Indeed, it *has* been covered.

Oswald's military marksmanship records

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify, and a Sharpshooter on another, which only means that you can hit a stationary target with a *properly sighted rifle*.

That you can fire "Sharpshooter" with an M-1 Garand makes you a passable Marine, and not a sniper capable of firing multiple shots in a short time with a worn Carcano!

Furthermore, on April 10, 1963, Oswald attempted to kill retired U.S. Major General Edwin Walker. And FAILED.

The truth is, Oswald was a passable rifle shot and nothing more. No military person would actually consider him good enough to be a sniper.

Indeed, it *has* been covered.

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify, and a Sharpshooter on another, which only means that you can hit a stationary target with a *properly sighted rifle*.

That you can fire "Sharpshooter" with an M-1 Garand makes you a passable Marine, and not a sniper capable of firing multiple shots in a short time with a worn Carcano!

Furthermore, on April 10, 1963, Oswald attempted to kill retired U.S. Major General Edwin Walker. And FAILED.

The truth is, Oswald was a passable rifle shot and nothing more. No military person would actually consider him good enough to be a sniper.

Apparently you didn't bother to read the whole thread, because this all has also been covered.

You don't have to be a sniper to hit a target from 140 feet away.

You know, mrcop, this is not really the kind of reply I would expect of someone who has been deeply involved in researching this and other conspiracies. After all the time (I assume) you have spent discussing and debating conspiracies I find it hard to believe you really go around making these kind of immature challenges.

due to the fact of the thoroughness of my team we deem it necessary to ask all reasonable questions some may not look important but when the answers are figured out and they are placed with other evidence new or old it can be a piece of the puzzle than can crack this case wide open, due to the fact of many errors that were made in the warren commission all suspects and personal must investigated :)

due to the fact of the thoroughness of my team we deem it necessary to ask all reasonable questions some may not look important but when the answers are figured out and they are placed with other evidence new or old it can be a piece of the puzzle than can crack this case wide open, due to the fact of many errors that were made in the warren commission all suspects and personal must investigated :)

mrcop, will you and your team be answering the questions asked of it/you any time soon?

Namely:

First question: did shots come from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository? If so, was the shooter Oswald?
Were you able to use any new techniques or technology to analyze the Dictabelt recordings?
Edited by TK0001

mrcop, will you and your team be answering the questions asked of it/you any time soon?

Namely:

i would like to get more theories from some of the other members on these questions :)

'hit a target from 140 feet away.'?

- A moving target.

- Which doesn't just move from A to B, it moves on multiple axis.

- Hit it multiple times.

- Within a short time frame.

- Under pressure.

You make it sound like he was shooting at beer bottles.

And please *do* post something that supports your assumptions. Oswald's military marksmanship records are pretty clear, while you continue to have nothing :)

Edited by SolarPlexus

'hit a target from 140 feet away.'?

- A moving target.

- Hit it multiple times.

- Under pressure.

You make it sound like he was shooting at beer bottles.

And please *do* post something that supports your assumptions. Oswald's military marksmanship records are pretty clear, while you continue to have nothing :)

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it. I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.

Actually, you didn't really address the point regarding the difficulty of the shot other than with opinion. As I initially pointed out (in the quotes Solar reposted) Marksman and Sharpshooter scores are not indications of a shooter able to hit a moving target.

I guess that's your opinion and you're welcome to have it.

My opinion doesn't matter, those are facts. Let's see...

Official document, not 'my opinion' :)

He was rated a Marksman on one course, which is the LOWEST passing score a soldier/Marine can score and still qualify,...

Fact, not just 'my opinion' ...

A historic fact.

- A moving target.

- Hit it multiple times.

- Under pressure.

You dont think these are facts??

I've pretty much addressed the points in this post throughout this thread, so if you are truly looking for my answers, you know where to look for them.

No i dont know where to look for them :) Because you have no sources and nothing supports your 'theory' (if you could even call it that).

Your basic premises are 'Oswald would do this', 'Oswald would do that' and other assumptions :)

Actually, you didn't really address the point regarding the difficulty of the shot other than with opinion. As I initially pointed out (in the quotes Solar reposted) Marksman and Sharpshooter scores are not indications of a shooter able to hit a moving target.

I agree that it is my opinion. It is also my opinion that someone who could score in the Marksman and Sharpshooter categories wouldn't have a hard time hitting a target moving away from the shooter at 5 mph from 140 feet away.

I don't know how to prove this other than to state it as my opinion. I could try to dig up the opinions of people better trained than me, if you would like.

Also, you believe someone shot from the 6th floor, correct? I'm guessing you believe this was a military sniper and not Oswald, right?

I agree that it is my opinion. It is also my opinion that someone who could score in the Marksman and Sharpshooter categories wouldn't have a hard time hitting a target moving away from the shooter at 5 mph from 140 feet away.

I don't know how to prove this other than to state it as my opinion. I could try to dig up the opinions of people better trained than me, if you would like.

You may find some expert testimony in some of the records. I'm not aware of any off the top of my head (regarding this specific event), but it may be out there.
Also, you believe someone shot from the 6th floor, correct? I'm guessing you believe this was a military sniper and not Oswald, right?

Yes, I believe a sniper shot (not necessarily a military one, but maybe) from the 6th floor. I believe the analysis of the angle of the shot to the neck indicates a shot from that particular window.

a shotdid come from the 6th floor area of the depository who and how many gunmen were there in my opinion is not a big factor at this time for myself and my staff i have instructed my staff to see who and how many gunmen were there at the other shooting locations[the grassy knoll and possibly the dal tex building] :)

a shotdid come from the 6th floor area of the depository who and how many gunmen were there in my opinion is not a big factor at this time for myself and my staff i have instructed my staff to see who and how many gunmen were there at the other shooting locations[the grassy knoll and possibly the dal tex building] :)

Why isn't it a big factor? If you and your staff can prove there was more than one shooter at the 6th floor window of the School Book Depository, you would in effect prove the conspiracy, and if you could determine the identity of the shooter you could either prove Oswald innocent or guilty. I can't believe a conspiracy expert would make the claim this is not a big factor. Edited by IamsSon

Why isn't it a big factor? If you and your staff can prove there was more than one shooter at the 6th floor window of the School Book Depository, you would in effect prove the conspiracy, and if you could determine the identity of the shooter you could either prove Oswald innocent or guilty. I can't believe a conspiracy expert would make the claim this is not a big factor.

to put it into spocks words i dont think it would of been logical to put 2 gunmen in the same spot 2 people yes a gunman plus a look out,i asked a staff member to give me the specs on the room from inside to where the alleged lone assassin was positioned near the boxes and to the dimensions of the window frame after reviewing the specs to this i have concluded that more space would have been required for the 2 man shoot team at that specific location also a couple of witness have testified in seeing only one figure at the location in question :)

Apparently you didn't bother to read the whole thread, because this all has also been covered.

I think you would have to be a sniper to fire 3 accurate shots in 5.5 seconds at a moving target, you'd think the first shot would be the most accurate shot, not the last, as you have more time to prepare, Highly unlikely the kill shot came from him