Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JFK Assassination

striker7

Yes. Because he didn't hit him in the head on the second shot, so he took a bit more time and lined up the last shot more precisely and squeezed the trigger.

This is speculation.
I know you'll say that since no one is on record saying this that "we'll never know", but you have to apply common sense at some point, right? Does anyone take up a rifle and set out to wound the president? Of course not.

Are you sure? Look, the thing is, the throat wound was not "winging" the President, it may well have been a fatal shot in and of itself.

Are you sure? Look, the thing is, the throat wound was not "winging" the President, it may well have been a fatal shot in and of itself.

Apparently the shooter wanted to be sure, so he shot again, hitting him in the head and assuring death.

If he intended to "possibly" kill the president, he wouldn't have taken the third shot. This is why I say only one of his three shots hit the target he was aiming at, which is supportive of your claim that hitting a moving target, even one that is moving very slowly away from the shooter, is no easy task even for a marine-qualified marksman with a scoped rifle.

I don't know. Do you?

Yes. Because he didn't hit him in the head on the second shot, so he took a bit more time and lined up the last shot more precisely and squeezed the trigger.

Apparently the shooter wanted to be sure, so he shot again, hitting him in the head and assuring death.

Pure assumptions, no? :)

Edited by SolarPlexus

With all due respect TK :) how can you know for sure what went through Oswald's head on that day? Did you even fire a rifle in your lifetime?

Was this him in the crowd, if so just how did he get up to the room and take aim and kill JFK?post-49356-0-18184300-1289249465_thumb.g

Or is this another conspiracy in the making?

edited to add edit

Edited by Belial

LOOOL good find Belial ... where did you dig it up if it's no secret? :P

Edited by SolarPlexus

With all due respect TK :) how can you know for sure what went through Oswald's head on that day? Did you even fire a rifle in your lifetime?

I'll let you read the thread to find out the answer to the latter. As to the former, do you have a point in arguing this, or are you arguing just to argue?

Was this him in the crowd, if so just how did he get up to the room and take aim and kill JFK?post-49356-0-18184300-1289249465_thumb.g

Or is this another conspiracy in the making?

edited to add edit

Since several witnesses saw Oswald in the TSBD, and nowhere else, I'll say this very pixillated, half-shadowed person is probably someone who sort of resembles Oswald from a distance.

I'll let you read the thread to find out the answer to the latter. As to the former, do you have a point in arguing this, or are you arguing just to argue?

Well i donno you're the one who's spewing assumptions at every turn... Oswald would do this, Oswald would do that... I mean come on you can't tell for sure what he's thinking or what would he do in certain situations that's all im saying

Edited by SolarPlexus

Well i donno you're the one who's spewing assumptions at every turn... Oswald would do this, Oswald would do that...

I suggest you re-read the thread. The only "assumption" I've made is the shooter fired a third time because he did not hit his intended target on the second shot. This is not some huge leap of faith, it's common sense.

If he intended to "possibly" kill the president, he wouldn't have taken the third shot. This is why I say only one of his three shots hit the target he was aiming at, which is supportive of your claim that hitting a moving target, even one that is moving very slowly away from the shooter, is no easy task even for a marine-qualified marksman with a scoped rifle.

Look, we're getting buried in semantics. At least two shots hit the President. A shot that failed to hit the head is still a hit, not a miss, a miss means the target is not hit at all.

Look, we're getting buried in semantics.

I somehow think thats TK's goal :lol:

A shot that failed to hit the head is still a hit, not a miss, a miss means the target is not hit at all.

Sorry, but this just isn't true. That's like saying a shot that hits a tree instead of the paper target is still a hit, because it actually did hit something. The shooter was trying to hit Kennedy's head, and he failed on two of three tries.

I agree this is a side discussion, but I believe these three shots were indicative of a nervous and hurried shooter.

Sorry, but this just isn't true. That's like saying a shot that hits a tree instead of the paper target is still a hit, because it actually did hit something. The shooter was trying to hit Kennedy's head, and he failed on two of three tries.

I agree this is a side discussion, but I believe these three shots were indicative of a nervous and hurried shooter.

And I believe they were indicative of the difficulty of hitting a moving target.

this could not have been the work of one shooter re:the magic bullet theory my team and i have evaluated this theory and find that it is impossible to have this type of theory with the actual events that took place throughout the times of the missiles that were fired the times of the missiles and the actual amount of missiles that were fired and the most important is the trajectory of the shots that do not align with the wounds and the fatal wound in connection with body movements timing and sound,me and my team will answer any questions that may have you baffled by these findings

this could not have been the work of one shooter re:the magic bullet theory my team and i have evaluated this theory and find that it is impossible to have this type of theory with the actual events that took place throughout the times of the missiles that were fired the times of the missiles and the actual amount of missiles that were fired and the most important is the trajectory of the shots that do not align with the wounds and the fatal wound in connection with body movements timing and sound,me and my team will answer any questions that may have you baffled by these findings

Who is "your team"? What are your credentials? You sound awfully important, so I'd like to know who I'm speaking to.

And I will ask you some questions only if you promise to use punctuation in your answer. Reading massive run-on sentences gives me a headache.

oswald was to supposed to have shot from up in the building. would a rifle have to be calibrated if shooting downwards due to different gravity effects on the bullet compared to a horizontal shot?

if so, it would be unlikely that oswald would have done this rifle calibration, given he didn't plan much of a getaway.

Who is "your team"? What are your credentials? You sound awfully important, so I'd like to know who I'm speaking to.

And I will ask you some questions only if you promise to use punctuation in your answer. Reading massive run-on sentences gives me a headache.

mrcop, I would be interested in learning more about your team's findings, but I agree with TK0001, I think it's important you let us know who you and your team are and what credentials make your findings something which should be considered.

oswald was to supposed to have shot from up in the building. would a rifle have to be calibrated if shooting downwards due to different gravity effects on the bullet compared to a horizontal shot?

if so, it would be unlikely that oswald would have done this rifle calibration, given he didn't plan much of a getaway.

Gravity pulls at a constant rate, no matter if you're shooting horizontally or downwards.

my team consists of a couple of conspiracy solvers,we gather information and use up to date methods in figuring out unsolved conspiracies,as you can see this jfk case is a conspiracy with all evidence pointing towards a second gunman :)

my team consists of a couple of conspiracy solvers,we gather information and use up to date methods in figuring out unsolved conspiracies,as you can see this jfk case is a conspiracy with all evidence pointing towards a second gunman :)

Well I'm convinced.

First question: did shots come from the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository? If so, was the shooter Oswald? This is something that IamsSon and I have been discussing, so if your team could lend some enlightenment, I'd be grateful.

Interesting. Were you able to use any new techniques or technology to analyze the Dictabelt recordings?

Gravity pulls at a constant rate, no matter if you're shooting horizontally or downwards.

of course it does, but it would have a different effect on the accuracy of your shot according to the angle of the shot.

if you shoot directly down, gravity has no effect on the accuracy of your shot.

if you shoot directly horizontal, gravity will change its trajectory by X.

if you shoot at an angle from the book depository, then gravity will have an effect on the trajectory between 0 and X.

so the rifle would need to be calibrated differently according to the angle.

Since several witnesses saw Oswald in the TSBD, and nowhere else, I'll say this very pixillated, half-shadowed person is probably someone who sort of resembles Oswald from a distance.

What if the 'several' witnesses worked for the man or the mob?