Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

JFK Assassination

striker7

Alright, so he may have been a good shooter. Still, unless he could change the laws of physics, I would loved to see how he pulled off the killing shot. Because i'm sure the army would love a way to make bullets do 180 degree turns in mid air...

Marksman, and sharpshooter are use in basic training. It does not qualify him for the type of shot require for the Kennedy Assassination.

missiles fired from the 6th floor to the limo are not hard to make but the shots would only make rear entry wounds,the kill shot would not be possible from that angle my team and i have done mock tests via timing and trajectory and we conclude that the kill shot came from the other location :)

Well, aside from all the physical peculiarities of the case.. JFK and his brother Robert was hated by Hoover (F.B.I.) .. President Kennedy also vowed to dismantle the C.I.A. , he had high level enemies in that camp as well. JFK also tried to take back control of the issue of our money away from the Federal Reserve and put it back in it's rightful hands.. Congress / the People. That went as far as actually printing, and putting into circulation, silver certificates. They were removed from circulation after his death. Those are three reasons he had to go.

i think Hoover.. Johnson.. NIxon..G. Bush... were all involved. Johnson was a despicable man... and not to be trusted.

Though this subject has always been interesting to me, I never really knew one way or the other whether or not there was a conspiracy. Watching Jessys show on it the other day got me thinking though. The president just got shot. Its maddness everywhere. LHO, leaves the BD, goes home, changes clothes, then walks to the movie theater (possibly with no witnesses kills a cop on his way). Doesnt pay for his ticket, so the manager calls the cops. Now no way anyone could have known it was LHO, who didnt pay for his ticket. You'd think the police would have enough to do during that short window frame, yet 20 police respond to the call, and happen to find the man they are looking for. Hmmm.

There is a ton of other evidence regarding this issue. When stepping back and looking at the big picture, there is pleanty of reason to think things werent as black and white as they would have you believe. But just considering this part of it alone, is reason enough to question what happened that day.

This doesnt mean I 100% believe there was a conspiracy, but I definnitly lean in that direction.

I agree that it is my opinion. It is also my opinion that someone who could score in the Marksman and Sharpshooter categories wouldn't have a hard time hitting a target moving away from the shooter at 5 mph from 140 feet away.

I don't know how to prove this other than to state it as my opinion. I could try to dig up the opinions of people better trained than me, if you would like.

Also, you believe someone shot from the 6th floor, correct? I'm guessing you believe this was a military sniper and not Oswald, right?

That opinion is based on nothing though TK. As stated several times, being a "marksman" means you were not very good. Its the lowest score they could get and still pass. Jessey Ventura was a sharp shooter, still able to pass as one at 50 years old. Not only could he not hit the target on the second and third shots, (he hit on the first) it took him over 8 seconds.

I don't know and since he was assassinated before going to trial, we will never know.

Here is the other thing that really stands out to me. Why would a guy ruin the rest of his life to kill a man who if found quilty was surely gonna fry anyway? It makes far more sence that the reason for killing him was so he would never take the stand.

missiles fired from the 6th floor to the limo are not hard to make but the shots would only make rear entry wounds,the kill shot would not be possible from that angle my team and i have done mock tests via timing and trajectory and we conclude that the kill shot came from the other location :)

I think, based upon the actual evidence we do have, that this is the prevalent plausible idea.

Alot of implausible and even ridiculous red herings have been thrown into the mix over the years since the events took place (such as the "Grassy Knoll" shooter, which is frankly ridiculous, and impossible).

In regard to a sniper, for instance, inside that particular window in the 6th floor of the TSBD building, that sniper had a perfect shot opportunity, one that any sniper would've planned for and taken advantage of as soon as practically possible;

When the target turned onto Houston Street from Main Street, the vehicle would've been coming directly toward that particular sniper's nest, a closing target with a perfect frontal shot opportunity. Within seconds, a sniper would've taken the shot at that time...the logical shot, the easiest shot, and it probably would've been a single shot, and it would be done.

But that did not occur. Why?

It would seem that the shooting was designed to take place on Elm street, in a rather classic crossfire ambush, complete with a freezing shot to stabilize the target, other shots, some most assuredly from somewhat above and behind the target, one of which hit, one of which missed, and another which managed to strike the Governor as well, and then, the final shot (or shots), which struck the President's head, with the obviously horrific results.

It certainly would appear that the massive head wound was caused by a shot from the frontal direction. The Zapruder film clearly indicates this. The medical witnesses at Parkland Hospital confirmed a massive occipital wound in the skull, although they did not examine the full head. They uniformly characterized it as an exit wound, and those who saw the presentation of the neck wound characterized it as an entry.

However, none of that could be deemed evidentiary, since the emergency room physicians examined nothing in detail as they were busy perfoming trauma management. They did not dissect anything, and there was no proper medical-legal autopsy performed by the Dallas County Coroner, who would've most assuredly been assisted by the input of the physicians who had treated the President, and all of this being done within a few hours of his death.

As we all know, the body, and thus, the chain of evidence in the case, was irrevocably broken when the body waas removed from the jurisdiction in charge of the case. An autopsy, of sorts, was performed later that evening in Maryland, and produced one of the most inadequate protocols and descriptions I have ever seen, and which supported conclusions that seem to be more imaginative than real.

We actually have no concrete idea about the actual nature of the wounds to the body of the President, especially that head wound, and perhaps moreso the alleged wound at the base of the neck, which was "located" in the protocol in a manner that no forensic pathologist would use to accurately place the location of a wound (in reference to a movable body part rather than a fixed anatomical location).

It's actually rather appalling to read this confusing document.

We don't know.

We could, at least regarding the wounds to the skull, since the bones still exist. But that would require competent forensic examination of that head.

If that were done, we would know where the head wounds originated from, and we'd have something.

As it is, we don't actually know anything, save that the President was murdered by gunshot in Dallas, texas on 22 November 1963. We know that there was doubt regarding the alleged assassin of the President, as Dallas Police Chief Jesse Curry openly expressed doubt about his ability to place Oswald as an assassin, as well as doubt about the direction of the shot that killed the President.

We also know that the body was removed improperly, and that evidence collected in this case was surrendered to the FBI. Further, given those rather disturbing legal facts, trying Oswald for the murder of John F. Kennedy would've likely been a whale of a legal problem.

Of course, we also know that the alleged assassin was assassinated himself, a little less than 48 hours after the President's shooting.

It's been 47 years.

It's a dead case, and about all that actually can be done is that competent forensic examination I mentioned.

Whether that will ever happen, and why it hasn't been done since the murder, are questions deserving pondering.

I think, based upon the actual evidence we do have, that this is the prevalent plausible idea.

Alot of implausible and even ridiculous red herings have been thrown into the mix over the years since the events took place (such as the "Grassy Knoll" shooter, which is frankly ridiculous, and impossible).

Actually, people are pictured pointing at the "Grassy Knoll" right after the shooting happened.

Actually, people are pictured pointing at the "Grassy Knoll" right after the shooting happened.

Where?

aftermath2.jpg

moorman.jpg

Ever been there?

Here's the picket fence, where the supposed shooter was:

zapfence.jpg

This picture was taken from the pedestal where Abraham Zapruder stood to film the assassination.

He and his secretary were closer than anyone to the supposed "grassy knoll shooter", who, as you can clearly see, would have been about 15-20 feet immediately to his right.

You think he mentioned a shot from right next to him?

No. Not a hint of any such thing.

You think that a man who had to be held steady by his seceretary because he got "vertigo" when standing on the roughly 3 1/2 to 4 foot tall platform he was standing on might have shook a little bit when a high powered rifle report happened 5 yards away from him. Not a twitch, not a shake...nothing. He steadily filmed the whole thing.

No, the Grassy Knoll shooter is a red herring in this situation.

No one fired a bullet from there.

No, the Grassy Knoll shooter is a red herring in this situation.

No one fired a bullet from there.

People ran towards the knoll after the shootings.

knollaftermath1.jpg

The Newmans (and several dozen others) tried to testify that they heard shots at the grassy knoll (Mr. Newman was a former Marine and had his family "hit the ground as shots whizzed over their heads). Some of these folks were bullied, badgered, threatened and even murdered.

44657d1183679384-kennedy-jfk-assasination-newmans.jpg

This is a b&W copy of the first photo in your reply and it shows a family which attempted to testify that shots came from the grassy knoll.

From patspeer.com, chapter 7:

William Newman was standing on the north side of Elm Street with his wife and two kids and can be seen in the Muchmore film. (11-22-63 interview on WFAA, prior to the announcement of the President's death, at approximately 12:45) "We were, we just come from Love Field after seeing the President and First Lady, and we were just in front of the triple underpass on Elm Street at the edge of the curb, getting ready to wave at the President. (After being asked to clarify his position) We were halfway in between the triple underpass. We were at the curb when this incident happened. But the President's car was some fifty feet in front of us still yet in front of us coming toward us when we heard the first shot and the President. I don't know who was hit first but the President jumped up in his seat, and I thought it scared him, I thought it was a firecracker, cause he looked, you know, fear. And then as the car got directly in front of us well a gunshot apparently from behind us hit the President in the side of the temple." (When asked if he thought the first shot came form the same location) "I think it came from the same location apparently back up on the mall, whatchacallit." (When asked if he thought the shot came from the viaduct) "Yes, sir, no, no, not on the viaduct itself but up on top of the hill, on the mound, of ground, in the garden." (When asked from how far away the shots were fired) "I have no idea. I didn't see where the gunshots come from. I believe we was looking directly at the President when he was hit. He was more or less directly in front of us. We didn't realize what happened until we seen the side of his head, when the bullet hit him. (When asked if he saw blood) "Yes sir, we seen it. I seen it" (11-22-63 second interview on WFAA, prior to the announcement of Kennedy's death, at approximately 1:00 PM) (When asked if he felt the shots came from different directions) "No sir, actually I feel that they both come from directly behind where we were standing.

Full article
The House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) formally concluded that at least one shot was fired at President Kennedy from the grassy knoll. The grassy knoll was to the right front of the limousine during the shooting. It was on the north side of Elm Street, which was the street on which the limousine drove when the assassination occurred. The Committee judged as credible the accounts of numerous witnesses in Dealey Plaza who said they heard shots fired from in front of the limousine. Most of these witnesses said shots came from behind the picket fence on the knoll, while others said shots came from the far west end of the knoll, next to the triple underpass. Let us now take a brief look at some of the evidence that has convinced so many people that shots were indeed fired at the President from the front.

Some of the Witnesses Abraham Zapruder: Zapruder was standing on the knoll itself and made the famous home movie of the assassination called the Zapruder film. He told the Secret Service on the day of the shooting that the assassin had fired from behind him.

James Tague: Tague was standing near the triple underpass and was in an excellent position to hear the shots. Tague stated that he heard shots fired from the grassy knoll. When counsel suggested he might have heard echoes, he replied, "there was no echo."

Jean Hill: Hill was standing on the south side of Elm Street and had an excellent view of the limousine and the grassy knoll in the background. "The shots," she said less than an hour after the shooting, "came from the hill--it was just east of the underpass."

Charles Brehm: Brehm was standing on the south side of Elm Street and was behind and to the left of the limousine when the fatal head shot occurred. Brehm saw a piece of Kennedy's skull blown backward and to the left by the fatal head shot. He told newsmen on November 22 that "the shots came from in front or beside the President."

William Newman: Newman and his wife were standing at the base of the grassy knoll and was therefore between the knoll and the limousine during the shooting. Both said the shots came from behind them.

Mary Woodward: She was to the left front of the grassy knoll. She said the shots came "from behind us and a little to the right," which would have been the knoll.

Maggie Brown: She, too, was standing to the left front of the knoll. The shots, she said, came from behind and to her right, i.e., from the knoll.

Full article

Anybody else think JFK was killed because of his conection to Cuba ???

Much has been written on the climate of distrust created by Kennedy's vacillating policy on Cuba. Kennedy was bitterly blamed by many for failing to provide crucial support when the Bay of Pigs invasion turned sour. Less well known is that not everyone shared the modern-day notion that the resolution of the Cuban Missile Crisis was successful. Air Force chief Curtis LeMay told Kennedy to his face that this was "worse than the appeasement at Munich," a special dig given that JFK's father had opposed entry into World War II. The military had earlier in 1962 proposed creating pretexts for an invasion of Cuba (Operation Northwoods). The missiles provided Kennedy with an actual reason to invade, and he chose not to. There is much more to the context of bitterness over JFK's Cuba policy, and the milieu in which CIA hardliners such as William Harvey and David Morales worked with organized crime figures including Johnny Roselli and Santos Trafficante, and with embittered and violent Cuban exile groups. But did this bitterness actually turn to plotting the murder of the President? Several books explore some of the individuals and stories which point in that direction, among them The Last Investigation, Someone Would Have Talked, and Deep Politics II. Of interest here is the apparently false information connecting Oswald and Castro held in government files prior to November 22, 1963. On the afternoon of the assassination, FBI Director Hoover told Robert Kennedy that Oswald "made several trips to Cuba," something not supported by the record. Army Intelligence cabled the US Strike Command in Florida later the same day, providing two apparently false facts: that Oswald had defected to Cuba in 1959, and was a card-carrying member of the Communist Party. And it is unknown what caused RFK himself to call Cuban exile Harry Ruiz Williams on the same day and say "one of your boys did this." Perhaps related to these stories is Oswald's trip to Mexico City and his probable impersonation there. Accounts of Oswald's being a hired gun of Castro's flooded from that city after the assassination, most provably false. Were these stories coordinated? Information about the trip seems to have been controlled pre-assassination by the Special Affairs Staff, CIA's special Cuba unit, even though supposedly the CIA had no notion that Oswald had visited the Cuban embassy. And Staff D, the secretive group which manned the listening posts which caught Oswald or an imposter on tape, happened to be the same group in which CIA's assassination plotting was housed. Is it possible there was a plan to pin false information on a framed and dead Oswald, and use it to launch an invasion of Cuba? And did then Oswald's capture put a freeze on such plans? This is clearly speculation. However, there has unquestionably been CIA covering up related to the Mexico City trip and to other aspects of the assassination. It has been recently revealed that George Joannides, the man the CIA pulled out of retirement to serve as liason to the HSCA for document requests, had in fact been operational in 1963, in charge of a Cuban exile group called the DRE. It was the DRE which was in contact with Oswald in the summer of 1963 - Oswald and DRE member Carlos Bringuier were involved in a famous "scuffle" in August. When former HSCA Chief Counsel Robert Blakey learned that Joannides was not who he had been represented to be, Blakey wrote a scathing letter about it.

People ran towards the knoll after the shootings.

knollaftermath1.jpg

People were running everywhere after the shootings...where ever a police officer was seen to go, they went, en masse. It was bedlam for a little while down there.

It doesn't really have anything to do with it.

The Newmans (and several dozen others) tried to testify that they heard shots at the grassy knoll (Mr. Newman was a former Marine and had his family "hit the ground as shots whizzed over their heads). Some of these folks were bullied, badgered, threatened and even murdered.

This is a b&W copy of the first photo in your reply and it shows a family which attempted to testify that shots came from the grassy knoll.

Full article

Yes, I'm aware of who they are, and fully aware of what Mr. Newman stated initially, and later.

As well as what Mr. Zapruder said. What they tried to do is describe their impressions.

Neither one said a shot came from the area of the picket fence.

The fact is, neither man had any real idea where shots had come from, which was the case with most all of the witnesses. Mr. Newman spoke to shots that he felt came from directly behind him, which meant the concrete structure of the pergola bwehind him, which was essentially a solid, reflective concrete wall.

That area was to the left of where the President was when hit in the head, as he was to the right of Mr. newman's position at that moment.

Mr. Zapruder was fully aware of the acoustics of the Plaza, and recognized that sounds echoed. He clearly stated in his testimony that he felt that the sound had come from behind him somewhere, and that the impression was fortified by the fact that police officers were moving behind his position in the aftermath of the shootings.

But directly behind him was a concrete structure, in a position to the right of where Mr. Newman described.

Neither man described bullets originating from the area of the picket fence. In fact, carefully reading their testimonies indicates they actually heard nor saw any evidence of the origin of a rifle report...simply echoes. They are not the only ones. Mr. Newman was extremely upset, and frightened for his family, which is why he hit the deck and covered his family. He certainly realized that shots were being fired. But the fact is that a shot coming directly behind him, or from the picket fence area, would not have produced the reaction we saw in the President when he was hit in the head.

The fact is, it was a traumatic experience, and one attempts to construct some scenario from his traumatic memories and impressions.

Still, there is no definitive evidence in any way of a shooter in the Knoll area, and plenty of witness testimony pointing to shots from numerous directions.

Mr. Zapruder described hearing no more than two reports. Others said three, and others more than that, but no one saw a shooter shoot a weapon. Only one claimed to have seen someone in the 6th floor window of the TSBD.

People running prove nothing. Policemen running all over the area merely indicates policemen doing what they should do...go everywhere and anywhere that represents a possible location and search out people, and evidence.

There is no evidence of any shooter in that area. Nothing was ever found.

There is no evidence, no evidence, no evidence, no verifiable evidence, no definitive verifiable evidence, no corroborated verifiable definitive evidence....these aren't the droids you're looking for....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence!

"I saw a man fire from behind the wooden fence" - Jean Hill

There is no evidence, no evidence, no evidence, no verifiable evidence, no definitive verifiable evidence, no corroborated verifiable definitive evidence....these aren't the droids you're looking for....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence....no evidence!

"I saw a man fire from behind the wooden fence" - Jean Hill

You obviously have little appreciation for the nature of testimony of witnesses and the verification and corroboration process involved in vetting testimony from dozens of witnesses.

Miss Hill provided several versions of testimony. For instance, Miss hill described a small white dog sitting between the President and Mrs. Kennedy when the limosene came abreast of her position, just prior to the final shot.

There was of course no dog in that car.

She described no shot from the picket fence area in any official interrogation of her. She did describe some lingering smoke she thought she saw in that area immediately following the passage of the car during initial statements given to plice. However, she made no such statement to the Warren Commission. In fact, she plainly stated in her own memoir of the day that her commission testimony was fabricated.

No one, no one's testimony, pointed to a gunman in the grassy knoll area. None could be corroborated, and no evidence was found in that area, of a shooter.

Not Mr. Zapruder's, not Miss Hill's, not Mr. Newman's. They were impressions, and in the case of Mr. Z and Mr. Newman, both leading to two different locations, neither being the picket fence area and neither possible given the nature of the wound to the President's head...and Miss Hill's?

Smoke from a rifle...allegedly located approximately 70 feet from her, and observed after the shot had been fired.

Have you ever fired a weapon and seen the smoke it might leave?

It's not much, if it exists at all. To think it was visible to someone who was looking at the President, located about 20 feet from her, many seconds after the alleged shot had been fired, is ludicrous.

She described her imagination...perhaps illusion. Perhaps she did so for publicity reasons? Who knows. She did fabricate testimony, and she did publish a book afterward.

Look, her testimony was worthless.

No one actually saw anything happen in the Grassy Knoll. No shots from that location have ever been corroborated. We have impressions given by witnesses who were traumatized (understandably so) by what occurred before their eyes, and their ears couldn't pick up the origins of reports at all, understandably (something understood by Mr. Zapruder).

The Grassy Knoll and picket fence shooter is a red herring. It leads no where, and would've been impossible given the actual evidence we have (the film(s), and the medical witness testimony.

Such a shot, if it was fired and it hit, would've driven the President's head to the left, not back, would've severely damaged the left side of his brain, and exited the left side of his skull, spraying his wife in the face with debris and likely wounding her with exiting fragments fired from very close range. No such damage, and no such thing ever happened.

There are no "droids" I'm looking for. Nor was anyone else.

It was witness testimony, and the normal, detailed process of vetting testimony and corroborating it.

Edited by MID

You obviously have little appreciation for the nature of testimony of witnesses and the verification and corroboration process involved in vetting testimony from dozens of witnesses.

Miss Hill provided several versions of testimony. For instance, Miss hill described a small white dog sitting between the President and Mrs. Kennedy when the limosene came abreast of her position, just prior to the final shot.

There was of course no dog in that car.

She described no shot from the picket fence area in any official interrogation of her. She did describe some lingering smoke she thought she saw in that area immediately following the passage of the car during initial statements given to plice. However, she made no such statement to the Warren Commission. In fact, she plainly stated in her own memoir of the day that her commission testimony was fabricated.

No one, no one's testimony, pointed to a gunman in the grassy knoll area. None could be corroborated, and no evidence was found in that area, of a shooter.

Not Mr. Zapruder's, not Miss Hill's, not Mr. Newman's. They were impressions, and in the case of Mr. Z and Mr. Newman, both leading to two different locations, neither being the picket fence area and neither possible given the nature of the wound to the President's head...and Miss Hill's?

Smoke from a rifle...allegedly located approximately 70 feet from her, and observed after the shot had been fired.

Have you ever fired a weapon and seen the smoke it might leave?

It's not much, if it exists at all. To think it was visible to someone who was looking at the President, located about 20 feet from her, many seconds after the alleged shot had been fired, is ludicrous.

She described her imagination...perhaps illusion. Perhaps she did so for publicity reasons? Who knows. She did fabricate testimony, and she did publish a book afterward.

Look, her testimony was worthless.

No one actually saw anything happen in the Grassy Knoll. No shots from that location have ever been corroborated. We have impressions given by witnesses who were traumatized (understandably so) by what occurred before their eyes, and their ears couldn't pick up the origins of reports at all, understandably (something understood by Mr. Zapruder).

The Grassy Knoll and picket fence shooter is a red herring. It leads no where, and would've been impossible given the actual evidence we have (the film(s), and the medical witness testimony.

Such a shot, if it was fired and it hit, would've driven the President's head to the left, not back, would've severely damaged the left side of his brain, and exited the left side of his skull, spraying his wife in the face with debris and likely wounding her with exiting fragments fired from very close range. No such damage, and no such thing ever happened.

There are no "droids" I'm looking for. Nor was anyone else.

It was witness testimony, and the normal, detailed process of vetting testimony and corroborating it.

there were many witnesses who said the shots came from the grassy knoll, some have claimed as many as fifty-one, yet you say there is no corroboration.

http://www.history-matters.com/analysis/Witness/Index.htm

Jean Hill claimed that the warren commission fabricated her testimony to make her look crazy, yet you say "She did fabricate testimony"

there were many witnesses who said the shots came from the grassy knoll, some have claimed as many as fifty-one, yet you say there is no corroboration.

http://www.history-matters.com/analysis/Witness/Index.htm

Some have claimed?

C'mon. You're not understanding what I said, Little Fish.

I asked if you knew about the problems with multiple witnesses in such a situation. Apparently, you don't.

If you read through the testimonies, you'll see references to impressions that shots came from where Mr. Zapruder and Mr. Newman said, and many others who spoke of the area from the Knoll itself to the triple underpass, and many who spoke of the echoes and the fact that they could not tell where the reports originated from, including people who know about such things, such as the Texas Governor himself, and Police Chief jesse Curry.

There are many statements pointing to a rather large area.

There was no evidence found, nor any difinitive statements which told of a gunman somewhere on the Knoll.

Miss Hill's statement about smoke in the picket fence area is illusory at best, because she couldn't have seen any such thing, and no one else did.

Again...you obviously haven't been there, and don't reralize that such a location is a) impossible given the head shot delivered, and b.) the absolute worst place for any sniper to be located. A ton of people centered locally would've turned around immediately and SEEN HIM THERE! No one did.

The grassy knoll is illusory at best.

There is nothing whatsoever that would point to a shot being fired at the President from there. The wound's don't jibe with that trajectory, which may also have wounded Mrs. kennedy.

If we're talking about multiple shooters, none of them were, nor would they be in the Knoll area behind a completely exposed picket fence, where someone would've seen them clearly, and more than one would've corroborated the other's testimony, and...evidence would've been found there.

There was none.

One witness placed someone in the TSBD window, apparently with a rifle. The description didn't fit Oswald. I think we could safely say there was someone at that window. Who else may have been invlved, and where they were...well, we have no real idea at all, save to say that the picket fence area or anywhere in the Knoll area is highly improbable. Now that fence extended all the way down to the triple underpass, and there were manhole covers located down there just before the underpass on the sidewalk.

Much better locations for the head shot we saw, I think especially the man hole cover, as an assassin in there would not be seen, and could disappear without anyone knowing a thing about where he went.

Edited by MID

Was the Glass Knoll surround by people and was close to security?

The Grassy Knoll was occupied by many people, who were perched there to film (in the case of mr. Zapruder), and watch, take pictures, and other films, on both sides of the street, from the Houston Street turn down all the way down to the triple underpass, along Elm and Main Streets.

There were no restrictions on this area, and there wre certainly Dallas Police around the area, likely interspersed in the body of the crowd along the East end of Elm street.

Jean Hill claimed that the warren commission fabricated her testimony to make her look crazy, yet you say "She did fabricate testimony"

Now that fence extended all the way down to the triple underpass, and there were manhole covers located down there just before the underpass on the sidewalk.

Much better locations for the head shot we saw, I think especially the man hole cover, as an assassin in there would not be seen, and could disappear without anyone knowing a thing about where he went.

Yes... based on the entrance wound to JFK's neck and exit wound to the back of his head the trajectory definitely leans to the shot coming from a low position to the left of the on-coming motorcade. I listened to an audio recording of a man who goes by the name Tony Gambino who says the shot was fired from the storm drain and television footage on the days proceeding the hit clearly showed the shooter exit the sewer further down the road and leave the scene. He swears the shooters name was John Roselli.

MID, on a side note non-related.... do you have a link to a map which traces Oswald's footsteps from the depository to the theater. Im currently trying to locate one. I'm still searching but if anybody can link me to one that would be greatly appreciated.