Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Devil Sighting?

SurfinTiki39

I was watching a television show not too long ago and a heard a story that really sounded interesting. It was about a reported sighting of the Devil himself. I cannot remember the show I saw it on and I've been searching the interent trying to find it so if anyone recognizes this, please let me know before I rip my hair out.

As the story went, in the 1800's I think, a man in Ireland (maybe it was England) had sold his soul to the devil. His time had come due and the man waited in a church one night for the devil to come and take him away. Across town, men were sitting and drinking in a pub when a mysterious man walked in. He wore a cloak that covered his whole body and a large hat shaded his face. He sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. The barteneder served him and he quickly finished the drink. When he placed the empty glass on the wodden countertop, smoke began to appear and the glass burned a circular mark in the wood. This gathered the others' attention. He then proceeded to lay a coin down and leave the bar. As he walked out, some men caught a glimpse of his feet and claimed they were hooves. The quote on the show was, "Look, that man has cloven feet! It's the Devil I tell ya!" A few moments later, when the bartender went to clear his drink and take the payment, The coin spontaneously combusted, tunring into a leaf (I can't remember the type of plant it was from). The story then went on to say the "Devil" rode his horse to the church where the condemned man waited, tied his horse up in the stables, then went inside. He later emerged with the man, got atop his horse then rode off without untying his horse and in turn dragging the stable down with immense force.

This was actually told by a man that now works at the bar the Devil had "strolled" into centuries earlier. He showed the cameras the bar and there was still a black ring seared into the wood. This was the first time I had heard this and this show is seemingly the only place to find it. I've done numerous searches on the internet looking for it but I haven't found anything. I'm starting to think this was something this guy just made up. If anyone has heard of this before please let me know where I can find the story. I also simply wanted to hear what people thought about this. It's different than some stories about the Devil/demons collecting souls and being on their way. This almost gives character to the Devil showing that while he's topside, he likes to have a little fun. (Or maybe I've just been watching too much Supernatural) Either way, I'm interested what other people think.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SurfinTiki39

• *Frank*

• Donnie  Darko

• CANDIDPETS

Interesting at the very least :unsure2: . I don't know what to make of it, it sounds to dramatized to me. Like fiction.

The devil, with his hooved feet, rode away on the horses?

I agree with the above though, sounds like fiction.

i wish u could remember the show

Sounds more like a made up tale to go along with the strange black mark left on the table, but it was still very interesting to read, made the devil sound like quite the mysterious 'cool' guy :tu:

The devil, with his hooved feet, rode away on the horses?

Yea, weird I know, but I think they meant something more like goat's feet to go along with the thought that the Devil is half man half goat in some interpretations. I don't think they meant something with horses hooves got on a horse. As if that's any weirder anyway...

No, this isn't it but thanks anyway. This is a fairly interesting story too though.

I hadn't heard of that devil visit surfin...

A local on from Chicago one is the Kaiser dancehall devil sighting.

Supposedly, one evening during a dance..

A woman is dancing with her entrancing partner till she looks down at her partners feet, and screams. Other gentlemen in the hall, thinking the fellow was being harmful, rushed to help her. The fellow, refusing to fight, got himself backed into a corner. Once backed in, he decided to jump out the window next to him!

Looking through the windows, bystanders were amazed to see him land on his feet and start running!!

Some of the men dashed downstairs. The discovered the apparent reason for the womans scream..

For there, clearly stamped into the pavement, was a hoofprint.

There's a similiar story that has circulated for years in south Texas, though to be specific; the story happened in Nuevo(spanish word for "New")Laredo Mexico. The town is located right across the bridge and border from Laredo Texas.

There's (or was - not so sure anymore) a place called Silverado in Nuevo Laredo. It's a huge dance hall where popular Mexican and Tejano artists perform. The tickets are cheap and the beer is cheap, so as you'd imagine it gets packed and your always rubbing elbows with someone.

So the story goes that after a certain music act had finished and gone for the night, they started up the mechanical bull to top off the night. A few men and women tried it only to quickly fall off and back to the bar! :) From what I've heard, the bull was quite fast.

Then it goes that a very attractive cowboy(dressed in black) climbed the mechanical bull. People assumed he would immediately fall off because he looked "too pretty" to be good at it. So he rode and never fell off. They sped up the bull to max speed and to their amazement the cowboy remained. the people seemed to be in a trance-like state, but then suddenly, one of the riding cowboy's boot slid off. To their horror, it revealed the all too obvious horse hoof that the Devil is famously associated with. Needless to say, everyone ran out at top speed crying and screaming that Satan was amongst them! The story is very popular in Texas.

I've been to the Silverado a few years back when I was..I think 18? A friend of a friend invited me to go see her favorite group perform and although I don't particulary care for that kind of music; I thought, "what the helk!" Ofcourse there was no devil in sight, unless you count the 400 drunk people that were there that night. ;)

Edited by Ozzy Valentine

The myth goes that The Devil can turn into anything and anyone he wishes, it was one of his angelic powers God never took away from him, hence why he can appear as angels of light, or as anyone he wishes, so to deceive humans. However the only thing he cant change the appearance of are his feet, so no matter who or what he changes into, his cloven feet will always be visible.

This is a good story, but has the characteristics of an urban legend, just supernaturally based one. I have read a hundred stories like it before in books, always makes for an enthralling read.

I done a search for your story Surfintiki39 and found this, I am sure it is the one

http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/jan_reynolds.htm

Edited by Faeden

Man, the devil is a badass. B) While those stories are just that, stories, I think they're pretty interesting. :devil:

Edited by Der Ketzer

Hmmmm dont think i've heard this one before, interesting read however and a bit funny, lol. I was under the impression that the 'devil' takes your soul once you've died, but i guess that doesn't apply to this one lol.

yeah pretty much as said above its just a story.

as most stories are there to attract people to the particular bar, dance hall, or w.e the location is.

sometimes the stories start from myths, legends, or just the owner trying to attract customers.

if you believe in it then you know it is said that the devil will not walk amongst us until the end has come.

however different religions and superstitions created the myth that he walks amongst us shape shifting into whoever he wants with his hoofed feet.

i know it doesnt really apply to your stories but thought youd be intrested in this

http://preachersfiles.com/origin-of-satan/

Sounds more like a made up tale to go along with the strange black mark left on the table, but it was still very interesting to read, made the devil sound like quite the mysterious 'cool' guy :tu:

Really nice story but I agree with Lat on this one, it was probably made up to get people's attention.

Was looking through, interesting stories.

Here I have a timeline of devil sightings and a graph of when the most devil sightings happened.

It's really good :) It's got links for most stories as well.

Timeline

• 4 months later...

I am a prophet, the only one who knows EVERYTHING about why. I talk to news rooms. The reason for the Lord to make such a place with evil in it and call it good is because of the secret purpose of His. To rid himself of the devil without sinning. The devil came and tricked men who were made in God's image and so got nailed to earth and the great winding in began. More and more babies and more and more earth walking around allowed to sin. If animals and people had nothing bad happen to them then what sins did the devil commit? Like Men in Black. KEEP HIM ON THIS PLANET! The first days were billions of years. Soon the time to tie the devil into knots will come to be. This is the end of time. The bottomless black hole is where the devil is going and then set free to complete the knots in space time. ANd then the first whole universe and earth fled away and took everything with it. Hotter and smaller forever. Never found again. I saw the devil earlier today and I mean you don't want to see him. This is all very real. Dinosaurs even ate of the plants god placed on earth and over millions of years mutated to support being different and eating meat. Those were the giants. You did NOT come form apes as the hypocrites in your children's schools teach and at the same time the hypocrites teach to hold their hand on their heart and say god, god. Most people will end up here again for 1000 years in outer darkness where people gnash their teeth in pain. The sun had become black as sack cloth and those who were left behind were in utter despair. After the thousand years end then you will die painfully and then be judged after the second death. Jesus already showed you how to stop sinning by never getting even with your adversary. This is forgiveness not that they get in heaven for murder. The false Christ is the one that most Christians follow and think just because they can carry a tune and sing in the quire that they believe and are getting in heaven and that they will make mistakes. Nothing will hold this place open after Christ gathers the solar winds from east as far as west and the stars will fall to the earth and everything here vanished. The devil who tricked them was cast into the lake of fire forever and ever. Day and night still are divided even though it gets that small. The great whore is the woman who gave birth to the beast or money and those who have 666, millions, millions, all they care about and is America. Other nations also fornicate or screw each other in business deals. These are the ones with that mark who take something free and sell it. It is stealing which made all of you work hard daily for a nation as if the money hates you, the nation of people. God made a place for her in this first heaven and earth for time and overtime work. The rest of the earth helped the woman and swallowed the river of work and debt for the fame and fortune which made all the kings of the earth drink of the wine and be drunk on it. This nation is not the worst but it is not going to be taken care of anymore. The purpose has been fulfilled. The false prophet works for money and claims to heal men and women with products and waters and music. These will be in darkness where people are trampled and death is NOT FOUND BECAUSE THE TREE OF LIFE IS POURED INTO THE AIR AND THEN THE OXYGEN SLOWLY DEPLETES IN DARKNESS. They trample each other and are in need of death but in these days there will be NONE! The end is mentioned in the bible twice as to throw off those who wanted to use it for evil and read it to know when the end will come. I tell you the truth is that it will be when NO MAN expects it and they are partying and living like nothing is happening. So stop praying to god all you want and need since he already know. I can explain planets and suns and stars and the order in which they WERE created in the first days according to god. EVERYTHING THERE is true and can be trusted. If you don't prophesy like me to the whole world then you will stay here. You will be guilty of the people who have not heard this yet and need to stop sinning and hurting others and fighting, bullying, murder, torture, stealing, etc. Your the reason they don't know now is why only PROPHETS and SAINTS can enter heaven first. You don't want to get in through the other gates of hell for 1000 years. I am a whisper and Christ is a whisper and hid the meaning from evil men. When you hear the end times prophesied then you know that the end is almost here and it will be when no one expected it. The new heaven and earth is beautiful and the nations bring their glory into the earth and Christ married the new earth and it was prepared like a wife adorned in all types of jewelry and light. Most people who read this laugh and ignore the only important things mentioned herein. It is not to save the planet or you in this life. It is to show why god allows things that DO suck! He hates it when kids die and are murdered. He also hates you who do not make life about more than you. It is more important than treating others nice. You can do that without a bible. I want people to treat each other like they want to be treated and better but even more than that is worshipping the only god. Some people, lots, live in jungles and in other nations and believe in other gods. This is because when god divided men from making the great city America and babylon became they left fro that place and did not take the teachings of the one true god. They invented their own gods and none of these will see heaven. With Christ nothing is impossible meaning that you can stop sinning. Not stop feeling emotionally distraught or bad or angry but your actions, what comes out of it, will be good only. With that said I leave you to find your Lord god. I am Jake Baugh, Louisville, ky. I want nothing from any of you as far as worship and stuff. I am not Jesus Christ and I am not god. I AM THE TRUTH resembled and taken form again in the flesh. If god wants to give you a miracle, not likely, then you will get one. DON'T walk away form this thinking that way. It is not about proving or miracles or blessings. Bad happens and this is good in the end when we are in paradise and the devil who tricked them is forgotten and forever smaller and hotter for hurting you. So god won and this is the reason for everything. You never need to ask a why now. I cannot sit here and go into fifty trillion pages about the universe, gravity, atoms, electricity, light, time, space, entropy. I already did that for scientists who are not getting in and even use money with god's name on each head a name of blasphemy against him. If someone asks for a shirt you give them more. You don't decide god blessed you to steal form others and become rich and famous. These are not blessed and are not getting in heaven. Not now not ever. They condemned what I bring to your table. They are hypocrites the man who comes and says things proudly and wrote things not written since the foundation of time. They say you are a product of evolution. The sun was created after the earth, earths planets. It had no form or shape when it was part of the accretion disk. The sun came to be after wards. On the day god made the sun, billions of man years, others were created before this one was. He only wrote was was necessary for this planet. There are lots of grapes in the vineyards. When the earth becomes sour and vinegar then it CANNOT be made good again and had become full of weeds. Hewn into the lake of fire. The first angel with his sickle comes in a cloud wearing a rainbow. He sickled the earth and all the things that were good were delivered up to be judged and enter heaven for the thousand years. These are blessed and the second death will have no effect over them. The rest of them were cast into the lake of fire and burned up and died the death and were later judged and some got in after paying everything they owed while others like Hitler remained here rotting in the ground while the devil who tricked him burned and NEVER dies@!!! Amen! Come Lord Jesus.

I don't think it's "crock" by any means. It's more than likely just folklore.

There is a story about the Devil appearing at Blythburgh Church in Suffolk, UK. He is said to have left his fingerprints on the door. I have been there and seen the scorch marks. I'm not sure of the dates or any of the details of exactly what is said to have happened. My theory as a child was that it was probably ball lightening! It is a beautiful if slightly eerie spot - if you drive along the A12 there the church seems to loom up out of the marshes! Definitly a great place for legends to spring up and there are may others of that area including a black dog who haunts the marsh and means death to those who see it and the bells still ringing from the lost city of Dunwich under the waves! Having said that I have spent much of my life in that location and never seen anything strange, but I do love the stories.

At least the Super Devil is easier to recognise. He's several feet taller, rides a flying motorcycle and carries a jar of marmalade that we believe forces you to commit adultery.

I am a prophet, the only one who knows EVERYTHING about why. I talk to news rooms. The reason for the Lord to make such a place with evil in it and call it good is because of the secret purpose of His. To rid himself of the devil without sinning. The devil came and tricked men who were made in God's image and so got nailed to earth and the great winding in began. More and more babies and more and more earth walking around allowed to sin. If animals and people had nothing bad happen to them then what sins did the devil commit? Like Men in Black. KEEP HIM ON THIS PLANET! The first days were billions of years. Soon the time to tie the devil into knots will come to be. This is the end of time. The bottomless black hole is where the devil is going and then set free to complete the knots in space time. ANd then the first whole universe and earth fled away and took everything with it. Hotter and smaller forever. Never found again. I saw the devil earlier today and I mean you don't want to see him. This is all very real. Dinosaurs even ate of the plants god placed on earth and over millions of years mutated to support being different and eating meat. Those were the giants. You did NOT come form apes as the hypocrites in your children's schools teach and at the same time the hypocrites teach to hold their hand on their heart and say god, god. Most people will end up here again for 1000 years in outer darkness where people gnash their teeth in pain. The sun had become black as sack cloth and those who were left behind were in utter despair. After the thousand years end then you will die painfully and then be judged after the second death. Jesus already showed you how to stop sinning by never getting even with your adversary. This is forgiveness not that they get in heaven for murder. The false Christ is the one that most Christians follow and think just because they can carry a tune and sing in the quire that they believe and are getting in heaven and that they will make mistakes. Nothing will hold this place open after Christ gathers the solar winds from east as far as west and the stars will fall to the earth and everything here vanished. The devil who tricked them was cast into the lake of fire forever and ever. Day and night still are divided even though it gets that small. The great whore is the woman who gave birth to the beast or money and those who have 666, millions, millions, all they care about and is America. Other nations also fornicate or screw each other in business deals. These are the ones with that mark who take something free and sell it. It is stealing which made all of you work hard daily for a nation as if the money hates you, the nation of people. God made a place for her in this first heaven and earth for time and overtime work. The rest of the earth helped the woman and swallowed the river of work and debt for the fame and fortune which made all the kings of the earth drink of the wine and be drunk on it. This nation is not the worst but it is not going to be taken care of anymore. The purpose has been fulfilled. The false prophet works for money and claims to heal men and women with products and waters and music. These will be in darkness where people are trampled and death is NOT FOUND BECAUSE THE TREE OF LIFE IS POURED INTO THE AIR AND THEN THE OXYGEN SLOWLY DEPLETES IN DARKNESS. They trample each other and are in need of death but in these days there will be NONE! The end is mentioned in the bible twice as to throw off those who wanted to use it for evil and read it to know when the end will come. I tell you the truth is that it will be when NO MAN expects it and they are partying and living like nothing is happening. So stop praying to god all you want and need since he already know. I can explain planets and suns and stars and the order in which they WERE created in the first days according to god. EVERYTHING THERE is true and can be trusted. If you don't prophesy like me to the whole world then you will stay here. You will be guilty of the people who have not heard this yet and need to stop sinning and hurting others and fighting, bullying, murder, torture, stealing, etc. Your the reason they don't know now is why only PROPHETS and SAINTS can enter heaven first. You don't want to get in through the other gates of hell for 1000 years. I am a whisper and Christ is a whisper and hid the meaning from evil men. When you hear the end times prophesied then you know that the end is almost here and it will be when no one expected it. The new heaven and earth is beautiful and the nations bring their glory into the earth and Christ married the new earth and it was prepared like a wife adorned in all types of jewelry and light. Most people who read this laugh and ignore the only important things mentioned herein. It is not to save the planet or you in this life. It is to show why god allows things that DO suck! He hates it when kids die and are murdered. He also hates you who do not make life about more than you. It is more important than treating others nice. You can do that without a bible. I want people to treat each other like they want to be treated and better but even more than that is worshipping the only god. Some people, lots, live in jungles and in other nations and believe in other gods. This is because when god divided men from making the great city America and babylon became they left fro that place and did not take the teachings of the one true god. They invented their own gods and none of these will see heaven. With Christ nothing is impossible meaning that you can stop sinning. Not stop feeling emotionally distraught or bad or angry but your actions, what comes out of it, will be good only. With that said I leave you to find your Lord god. I am Jake Baugh, Louisville, ky. I want nothing from any of you as far as worship and stuff. I am not Jesus Christ and I am not god. I AM THE TRUTH resembled and taken form again in the flesh. If god wants to give you a miracle, not likely, then you will get one. DON'T walk away form this thinking that way. It is not about proving or miracles or blessings. Bad happens and this is good in the end when we are in paradise and the devil who tricked them is forgotten and forever smaller and hotter for hurting you. So god won and this is the reason for everything. You never need to ask a why now. I cannot sit here and go into fifty trillion pages about the universe, gravity, atoms, electricity, light, time, space, entropy. I already did that for scientists who are not getting in and even use money with god's name on each head a name of blasphemy against him. If someone asks for a shirt you give them more. You don't decide god blessed you to steal form others and become rich and famous. These are not blessed and are not getting in heaven. Not now not ever. They condemned what I bring to your table. They are hypocrites the man who comes and says things proudly and wrote things not written since the foundation of time. They say you are a product of evolution. The sun was created after the earth, earths planets. It had no form or shape when it was part of the accretion disk. The sun came to be after wards. On the day god made the sun, billions of man years, others were created before this one was. He only wrote was was necessary for this planet. There are lots of grapes in the vineyards. When the earth becomes sour and vinegar then it CANNOT be made good again and had become full of weeds. Hewn into the lake of fire. The first angel with his sickle comes in a cloud wearing a rainbow. He sickled the earth and all the things that were good were delivered up to be judged and enter heaven for the thousand years. These are blessed and the second death will have no effect over them. The rest of them were cast into the lake of fire and burned up and died the death and were later judged and some got in after paying everything they owed while others like Hitler remained here rotting in the ground while the devil who tricked him burned and NEVER dies@!!! Amen! Come Lord Jesus.

Oh my sweet god...no pun intended.

I don't think it's "crock" by any means. It's more than likely just folklore.

I agree . . . accounts of people seeing the Devil are generaly just stories to explain some anomoly that then gets turned into folklore as the story get retold . . . not to say I do not love reading them . . .

• 2 weeks later...

There's a similiar story that has circulated for years in south Texas, though to be specific; the story happened in Nuevo(spanish word for "New")Laredo Mexico. The town is located right across the bridge and border from Laredo Texas.

There's (or was - not so sure anymore) a place called Silverado in Nuevo Laredo. It's a huge dance hall where popular Mexican and Tejano artists perform. The tickets are cheap and the beer is cheap, so as you'd imagine it gets packed and your always rubbing elbows with someone.

So the story goes that after a certain music act had finished and gone for the night, they started up the mechanical bull to top off the night. A few men and women tried it only to quickly fall off and back to the bar! :) From what I've heard, the bull was quite fast.

Then it goes that a very attractive cowboy(dressed in black) climbed the mechanical bull. People assumed he would immediately fall off because he looked "too pretty" to be good at it. So he rode and never fell off. They sped up the bull to max speed and to their amazement the cowboy remained. the people seemed to be in a trance-like state, but then suddenly, one of the riding cowboy's boot slid off. To their horror, it revealed the all too obvious horse hoof that the Devil is famously associated with. Needless to say, everyone ran out at top speed crying and screaming that Satan was amongst them! The story is very popular in Texas.

I've been to the Silverado a few years back when I was..I think 18? A friend of a friend invited me to go see her favorite group perform and although I don't particulary care for that kind of music; I thought, "what the helk!" Ofcourse there was no devil in sight, unless you count the 400 drunk people that were there that night. ;)

Has anyone heard the story about "The Devil in the Dance hall"?

It is a story about the devil appearing in a San Antonio night club called "La Camaroncito".

I grew up hearing this story.

Snopes: Devil in the Dance hall

The myth goes that The Devil can turn into anything and anyone he wishes, it was one of his angelic powers God never took away from him, hence why he can appear as angels of light, or as anyone he wishes, so to deceive humans. However the only thing he cant change the appearance of are his feet, so no matter who or what he changes into, his cloven feet will always be visible.

This is a good story, but has the characteristics of an urban legend, just supernaturally based one. I have read a hundred stories like it before in books, always makes for an enthralling read.

I done a search for your story Surfintiki39 and found this, I am sure it is the one

http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/jan_reynolds.htm

Yes. The story from the link above is actually the story I had been looking for. I'm not saying it's real or fake, but I certainly do think it's interesting especially since it isn't a recent story. It has survived for quite a while and has multiple oddities in it. Not just a "sighting."

Has anyone heard the story about "The Devil in the Dance hall"?

It is a story about the devil appearing in a San Antonio night club called "La Camaroncito".

I grew up hearing this story.

Snopes: Devil in the Dance hall

Thanks for the link, great article. It's very interesting how these stories snowball or change throughout the years.