Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weeping and bleeding statues and icons

by-product of evolution

In most of the cases, what is happening?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. In most of the cases, what is happening?

• a miracle
    • condensation or other natural phenomenon
    • a pious fraud
    • I dunno
    • other answer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• by-product of evolution

• aquatus1

• Talon

• Q-La

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple statistics. Of all the icons made, some are going to have the properties that allow them to bleed. This is why the locations are so random, instead of the more strategic locations that an intelligent cause would go for.

But anyone noticed that these are occuring on Christians(if not all catholics) statutes. May be I'm uninformed about bleeding buddhas or icons of other religions?

Oh, yeah, you do hear about Hindu statues that drink milk, and such. Iconic miracles are fairly common in religions. Bleeding is just one of the things icons do.

About the Brisbane case (see my first post):

Church says 'weeping' statues are fakes

THE Catholic Church has officially declared the oil-seeping and "bleeding" artefacts at the Inala Vietnamese Catholic Centre as fakes.

Brisbane Archbishop John Bathersby yesterday apologised to all those deceived.

He released an investigative report and issued instructions for the principal statue and other objects to be removed from public veneration.

Archbishop Bathersby said he had asked for a full accounting of any money received "during the time of these pilgrimages".

source: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...255E421,00.html

The oil was found to be like ordinary commercial oil and the red substance was not blood. Also they found holes in the eyes where liquids could have been injected. They found no suspects.

Hummm......I just don't know. huh.gif But I would like to see the statue up close and personal, to be able to examine it, even take a swab of the blood to see if it was actually blood. I'd have to be able to study the statue for awhile without anyone coming around it. That way no-body could place drops of blood or oil on the statue. But if after several weeks of isolation, it continues to bleed, then I guess I would have to presume it's true, although I think I would still be skeptical. wink2.gif