Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

Animals as our guiding spirits

5 posts in this topic

Geoff Ward: Throughout our life, we have a personal, intimate relationship with a specific animal, bird, insect, reptile, even a plant, tree, stone or mythical creature. This creature is our intercessor in the spirit world, our ally, protector, helper, guide, companion, and also reflects or encapsulates the essential essence of our 'beingness'.

This is the view of British author Celia Gunn (pictured) who first learned about the tradition, which is the subject of her new book Totem Animals, directly from a visionary leader of the Sinixt people in British Columbia - and how her totem animal would help her on her path through life when she learned how to 'truly pay attention'.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

What a very fascinating read. I too do feel a connection with animals and other living things in nature, i have a very close attachment and relation and understanding to certain animals, plants, and such. I do think there is certainly a truth to an animal guide in some manner that helps us understand the symbols hidden beneath nature in the way we do no typically observe in our everyday world and i can very much relate to what it was she spoke of and made so much sense to me in a meaningful way. :)

do you not watch deep space nine???.........geezzzz,lol :)

I have been "gifted" with the lessons of several animal spirits over time. From Deer I learned caution. From Stoat I learned stealth. From Spider I learned creativity. I thank them all.

I would rather have a human guiding spirit if they do exist. It can speak a language I can understand if/when it wants to communicate and has a near identical emotional capacity as myself.