Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Gods were actually Aliens?

enlightened_one

I've never been Christian - just putting that out there so if your christian do not read any further - ...

actually why should i deny anyone the truth of the foundations of christianity?

We have been told that the cradle of civilisation lay in the great city of Babylon.

Now i think it is of great interest to look into the beliefs of the babylonians and the closely related sumerians. Believe it or not, the Babylonians had their own Bible so to speak worshipping the Great Triad: Anu,Ea and Enlil. These 'Gods' are said to have descended from Heaven and traversed to and from it.

They were said to have come from another world.

Anyway...

Some of these 'gods' did fornicate with human women, creating a new race, the 'annunaki' who were born with pale skin, blue eyes and light hair. From the Book of Enoch:

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men

3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not

4 indeed agree to do this deed, and

I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations

5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves

6 by mutual imprecations upon it.

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms

2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they

3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells

I think these people were then worshipped by the babylonians and could possibly have led to their aryanist ruling.I believe that this act of inter-breeding caused a bit of an uproar with the gods, much argument, which then led to leaving the gods that had interbred here on earth. The first to fornicate with the gods was the priestess Ishtar or referred to these days as the great 'Whore of Babylon'. For those of you that have read or are reading revelations this should now make a little more sense, not a metaphor, literal.

And for you Da Vinci Code fans, Ishtar is the older parallel of Mary Magdalene - according to theory

just like Noah's Ark is the parallel to the Atra-Hasis Epic.

Noah, along with his own bloodline, were the only ones to survive the epic flood that supposedly wiped the whole of humanity and its sinfulness (interbreeding offspring). Why Noah? was he a descendant of the annunaki, or was he human?

Okay people i've started it...

Its a bit shoddy as i dont have time to back up all of my points today. But someone please carry on.

Enlightened One

• Like 1

Noah was a descendent of Adam.

Enoch was his great grandfather.

Edited by cladking

Can I ask?

Do you believe the sumerians and then "later" the babylonians were the first two civilizations?

Do you believe that the story written thousands of years later to be a literal account of actual historical moments from time past?

Do you believe there to be bones of giant human sub-species anywhere hidden on the earth?

How big is three hundred ells?

Do you believe a flood covered all the earth and wiped out all but noah's people?

I'm asking because I had to ask myself all these questions and more when I found myself intrigued by the very topic you are bringing up.

It's a hard learn. But I found out some great things about humans by the tough questions I asked myself. I think I was harder on myself because I truly wanted to know the truth. You know the old saying you can bull your friends but you can't bull yourself. That's how I felt there was something nagging me when I thought this topic to be true. So I came here and started asking what I thought to be pretty benign questions. Little things you know. The details that bind type of stuff. And I found a lot of knowledge. And if that is what you are here for then hang on, cause it's one heck of a ride through history, and I'd love to travel with you if you are serious abot taking those ideas to the next step. In fact there's a busload of us already on the voyage, we'll stop to pick you up. You ticket is simply the pursuit of knowledge, being able see their is a lot to be learned out there with help.

Hope to see you around and I hope this post helped.

Thank you

Noah was a descendent of Adam.

Enoch was his great grandfather.

Yes. But was Adam alien or human?

If you read Genesis - this sounds a little crazy- But god creating man and then creating woman sounds a hell of a lot like engineering.

Look at genesis in a literal sense - apply a logic to it and stop reading it like its farfetched myth. Is it possible that adam and eve were engineered by God? and by god i mean extra terrestrials.

Random thought - Genesis - Gene - genes - gene - isis?

Edited by enlightened_one

Can I ask?

Do you believe the sumerians and then "later" the babylonians were the first two civilizations?

Do you believe that the story written thousands of years later to be a literal account of actual historical moments from time past?

Do you believe there to be bones of giant human sub-species anywhere hidden on the earth?

How big is three hundred ells?

Do you believe a flood covered all the earth and wiped out all but noah's people?

I'm asking because I had to ask myself all these questions and more when I found myself intrigued by the very topic you are bringing up.

It's a hard learn. But I found out some great things about humans by the tough questions I asked myself. I think I was harder on myself because I truly wanted to know the truth. You know the old saying you can bull your friends but you can't bull yourself. That's how I felt there was something nagging me when I thought this topic to be true. So I came here and started asking what I thought to be pretty benign questions. Little things you know. The details that bind type of stuff. And I found a lot of knowledge. And if that is what you are here for then hang on, cause it's one heck of a ride through history, and I'd love to travel with you if you are serious abot taking those ideas to the next step. In fact there's a busload of us already on the voyage, we'll stop to pick you up. You ticket is simply the pursuit of knowledge, being able see their is a lot to be learned out there with help.

Hope to see you around and I hope this post helped.

Thank you

Thanks Apparition,

I appreciate the fact that i dont feel so crazy now. Its unbelievable how much little things you find out- and they all relate somehow but its like having a incomplete puzzle. Of course everything is like a myriad of metaphors and symbolisms. I am sceptical about a great flood and 'giants' but it all points to one thing---> extra terrestrial life.

Yeah i guess i am looking for that secret knowlege, the knowledge that was lost but can only be found at the upper echelons of secret societies. Just putting it out there, im an 18 year old girl, that feels like she's obsessing over this.

~Enlightened One~

Edited by enlightened_one

Babylonians were a Semitic peoples, Sumerians were not. They were not closely related. Neither was Babylon the cradle of civilization, the Sumerians of southern Iraq were. The earliest Sumerian cities of Eridu, Tell al-Ubaid, Tell el-Oueili, Bad-tibira, Uruk and Shuruppak all dating from the 6th to 4 millenium BC.

The Book of Enoch is a pseudepigraphal JEWISH book dating from 300 BC - 100 AD. Well after the Sumerians and Babylonians existed.

cormac

• Like 3

Babylonians were a Semitic peoples, Sumerians were not. They were not closely related. Neither was Babylon the cradle of civilization, the Sumerians of southern Iraq were. The earliest Sumerian cities of Eridu, Tell al-Ubaid, Tell el-Oueili, Bad-tibira, Uruk and Shuruppak all dating from the 6th to 4 millenium BC.

The Book of Enoch is a pseudepigraphal JEWISH book dating from 300 BC - 100 AD. Well after the Sumerians and Babylonians existed.

cormac

Well, okay my historic facts are a little off. I was giving a general gist.

But thanks.

Am i onto something?

Thanks Apparition,

I appreciate the fact that i dont feel so crazy now. Its unbelievable how much little things you find out- and they all relate somehow but its like having a incomplete puzzle. Of course everything is like a myriad of metaphors and symbolisms. I am sceptical about a great flood and 'giants' but it all points to one thing---> extra terrestrial life.

Yeah i guess i am looking for that secret knowlege, the knowledge that was lost but can only be found at the upper echelons of secret societies. Just putting it out there, im an 18 year old girl, that feels like she's obsessing over this.

~Enlightened One~

Hey just call me aus.

You are definitely not alone. Believe me. I do not think anyone here is not looking for carnal knowledge to some extant. Secret or lost knowledge is a little more difficult to address though. For me everything I learn feels like lost knowledge. It was lost by me anyways until I found it through a lot of research and with the help of some real good people here.

If someone tells you something or you learn something new, try and verify it for yourself it makes learning easier. It really helps when you end up teaching new people. And it feels good to know your research is paying off.

I am often long winded so I'm stopping here for now.

And welcome to UM. We need some more good researchers around here.

• Like 1

Yes. But was Adam alien or human?

If you read Genesis - this sounds a little crazy- But god creating man and then creating woman sounds a hell of a lot like engineering.

Look at genesis in a literal sense - apply a logic to it and stop reading it like its farfetched myth. Is it possible that adam and eve were engineered by God? and by god i mean extra terrestrials.

Random thought - Genesis - Gene - genes - gene - isis?

I don't have a strong opinion.

I don't believe there were necessarily aliens on earth but perhaps

just people who were thought to have lived a very long time. It's

interesting that Adam, Enoch, and Noah were all said to have very

long life spans.

I'm in complete agreemment that ancient writing was meant literally

and we are wholly misinterpreting it. It's difficult to "think like

an Egyptian or an ancient" but it gets easier with practice.

Maybe one of these days I'll try to figure out the other stuff but

I'm still pretty busy with the Pyramid Texts.

Just in case you aren't aware the PT are fundamental to the Bible,

especially Genesis, and underlie all "western" thought.

Welcome to UM ~Englightened one~ if you don't mind I'll refer to you as ~E~

Ask questions but be skeptical of the answers you get from everyone here it is best to do your own verification.

Also Harte and Cormac can be grouchy.

• Like 1

Well, okay my historic facts are a little off. I was giving a general gist.

But thanks.

Am i onto something?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it really depends on whether you wish to learn about actual history or if you're just interested in the first fantastic story that comes along.

You are free to check any and all available texts written in Mesopotamia, many of which are at sacred-texts.com. These would include the Enuma Elish, The Epic of Gilgamesh, the Eridu Genesis and the Epic of Atrahasis to name a few. In none of these will you find the ancient peoples claiming that their gods came from other worlds.

You should also look into the names Adam and Eve, both in origin and early usage in the Bible. These WERE NOT specific names to start out but did have specific meanings. "Adam" originating with the word 'adamah' which is associated with 'ground' or 'earth'. Eve originates with the word 'hawwah' which is associated with 'living one' or 'source of life'. The latter of which is what a woman is, of course, when she bears a child. 'Genesis' would be another one to know as it comes from Greek meaning 'origin' and has nothing to do with actual 'genes'.

Edit to add: Welcome to UM. :tu:

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

Also Harte and Cormac can be grouchy.

Hey, I resemble that remark! :w00t:

But usually only after an overdose of fringe BS. :yes:

cormac

• Like 1

Thanks Apparition,

~Enlightened One~

Hi Enlightened One,

Welcome to UM. This is a tough playground and I was once an 18 year old girl full of enthusiasm to learn about everything in the Universe. I joined UM still on that level but in the 4 years I've been here I have come to understand many things about everything, Aus Der Box might have been expressing some similar thoughts...

Incomplete puzzle....tell me about it. My name reflects this same ideal, to find all the puzzle pieces, I have no set agenda's on here, keep your mind open to all you are told here, even by those who are aggressive in their telling, I have found this equates to a desire to impart the correct info on one which frustrates them so they yell and call you an idiot, don't worry, keep calm and you will have a good time here.

I search for Atlantis. So, I am not one to tell you any ideas you have are wrong, what you need to do, is fit them into reality and history, archaeaolgy and what is known to be truth.

cormac will tell it like it is and his answer will be, no, you are not onto anything. You need to get your historical facts right EO.

Compared to people of Mesopotamia, people from Northern Europe could appear quite tall and very big, like giants...

Northern Europeans had Gods and knew the movements of the stars in the North and watched the Pole Star, they sacrificed children and moved into the rest of the world through amber trade, amber is relative to the Sun and Sun religions. Electra, the Goddess, electrum, electricity, amber, all electrical conductors, based on the word for amber in Greek, electrum. Any ancient reference to electricity is likely to be for amber. Once you find these connections most extra-terrestial images disappear...

I have my own ideas on who the people were spoken of in the Bible and being fair and blue eyed and if you stop thinking UFO it really becomes plainly obvious, to me, but I don't like challenging the Church much or underground authorities that control the state of the world's religions so don't often delve into where the 'aliens' came from.

God imo are the planets, stars and nature itself, all apparitions of it and then even physical things. Mythical beings can often be explained, Centaurs are Gauls/Celts/Europeans with long hair washed in lime water on horseback.

Anyway, nice to see a new member, open to the possibilities of learning about ancient mysteries and alternative history. :clap:

PS: I'm now 42 and learnt more in the last 4 years (nearly) since I joined Unexplained Mysteries than I learnt my whole life.

Edited by The Puzzler

I should share something at least in part I shared here awhile ago.

It's about ancient aliens.

I have found nothing unfortunately that convinces me of alien astronauts. This is an opinion based on as much and continuing research into the subject.

But it doesn't mean alien astronauts will not exist. Simply put there will be a time when humans leave the planet and physically search out new planets outside our own solar system. We will make bases, utilize minerals we find, and experiment on any life we find, in the name of science. Our mere presence will have an effect on any new planet we visit,( albeit miniscule I would imagine) but that's the thing. WE will be aliens and that's just neat to think about.

Have I excluded the possibility of alien life outside our own planet? Actually, not at all. There's just too much out there to asses us as a singularity.

So in all is there aliens traveling around known space? I don't know! But there WILL be. :)

• Like 2

Wouldn't god be alien to us no matter what?

Good point! Lol but man that line might open a floodgate of adherents that will misinterpret your logical conclusion for their own means.

Space aliens arrived on prehistoric earth will be viewed as not much more than "gods" and "special beings" with magical powers by a primitive people without the modern scientific understanding of what we have and how we live today. The possibility of us discovering what is "god" will surprise us and don't be totally sure of what we believe in to be true. At the time I'm writing the post, my TV is on the History Channel about Ancient Aliens (or Astronauts) about civilization could been brought from extraterestrial visitors came to be viewed as "gods" by the people to have lived in them.

Space aliens arrived on prehistoric earth will be viewed as not much more than "gods" and "special beings" with magical powers by a primitive people without the modern scientific understanding of what we have and how we live today. The possibility of us discovering what is "god" will surprise us and don't be totally sure of what we believe in to be true. At the time I'm writing the post, my TV is on the History Channel about Ancient Aliens (or Astronauts) about civilization could been brought from extraterestrial visitors came to be viewed as "gods" by the people to have lived in them.

imo if we were visited by extra-terrestials in ancient times, we would have developed and progressed 1000 times as fast. It took us until the early 20th century (apparently) to get a plane in the air.

Edited by The Puzzler

i feel theres still some gaps. i feel actually back then we developed very fast, i mean were so stupid now, were smart for being humans, but if there were other intelligent life then were def. dumb next to them, i feel that we learned a bunch of things fast bck then which lead us to how we are today and now we are just meh..very smart yes, but anythign new we create no one else can use it unless they are like super rich its all about money now.

i feel theres still some gaps. i feel actually back then we developed very fast, i mean were so stupid now, were smart for being humans, but if there were other intelligent life then were def. dumb next to them, i feel that we learned a bunch of things fast bck then which lead us to how we are today and now we are just meh..very smart yes, but anythign new we create no one else can use it unless they are like super rich its all about money now.

At what point did we develop fast? The stone age bronze age?

We seemed to graduate consistently untill the 20th century. It wasn't until information was consistently shared around the globe that we started to speed up our advances. IMO

Thank you

At what point did we develop fast? The stone age bronze age?

We seemed to graduate consistently untill the 20th century. It wasn't until information was consistently shared around the globe that we started to speed up our advances. IMO

Thank you

• Like 1

i mean how we used to haunt and have those tribes back then and then we learned about plants and all these natural remedies, iam wow'd by how creatures like us coudlve just figured it out and now if u stick us in a jungle, unless u know ur plants i dont think i would survive, im talking about waaay waay back then, but if u wna clown on me its okay cus it was just a thought and an opinon, i really dnt have any info on that and aint bout to start lookin things up right now either heh :sleepy:

:rolleyes:

Hey just call me aus.

You are definitely not alone. Believe me. I do not think anyone here is not looking for carnal knowledge to some extant. Secret or lost knowledge is a little more difficult to address though. For me everything I learn feels like lost knowledge. It was lost by me anyways until I found it through a lot of research and with the help of some real good people here.

If someone tells you something or you learn something new, try and verify it for yourself it makes learning easier. It really helps when you end up teaching new people. And it feels good to know your research is paying off.

I am often long winded so I'm stopping here for now.

And welcome to UM. We need some more good researchers around here.

Hey Aus, i did enjoy this post by yourself especially the part in bold...it really did resonate with me even in my short time here..

the only problem I have at the moment is keeping up with all the topics and more importantly remembering everything i read. You are also right in the quality of some of the posters on here..very articulate and knowledgable, they are a great help.

I would also suggest to the OP to look at the ancient astronaught thread, it is where i began on UM and it was most fascinating and covers in great depth a lot of the questions you may have.....

take care

Wouldn't god be alien to us no matter what?

Pretty much. Basically, anything living coming from outside our own terrestrial sphere would be ET.

This isnt a new idea theyre putting here though.

imo if we were visited by extra-terrestials in ancient times, we would have developed and progressed 1000 times as fast. It took us until the early 20th century (apparently) to get a plane in the air.

I visit the ant hill in my backyard. Should those ants be able to travel to the moon?