Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts are phoning friends

Blackwhite

i think its plausible that every one that died talking or texting while driving might haunt the same way later :alien:

Because their cell phones died with them. Ghost phones.

actually such a case was noted before.

http://murrysvilleparanormal.com/blog/?p=628

Snopes says it happened.

A couple ideas: his phone was smashed in the wreck, it starts calling people because of all the buttons being pressed; someone got his phone and started calling peolpe on it to try and find them, or the person whos phone it was to return it (but it was still damaged); also, its a peice of electronic equipment, bound to malfunction.

Just my opinion.

A couple ideas: his phone was smashed in the wreck, it starts calling people because of all the buttons being pressed; someone got his phone and started calling peolpe on it to try and find them, or the person whos phone it was to return it (but it was still damaged); also, its a peice of electronic equipment, bound to malfunction.

Just my opinion.

I would really buy that except that it called various people all targeted as close to him at different times excluding others, none repetitive. I have been known to butt dial a call here and there with the phone in my back pocket but that will usually end up as one person.

In this specific case I would be willing to agree with the possible paranormal aspect of it.

I would really buy that except that it called various people all targeted as close to him at different times excluding others, none repetitive. I have been known to butt dial a call here and there with the phone in my back pocket but that will usually end up as one person.

In this specific case I would be willing to agree with the possible paranormal aspect of it.

All of the numbers stored in my phone are of people close to me. That part doesn't have to be as mysterious as it sounds.

no not mysterious at all I on the other hand have a whole lot of numbers in my phone. The calling order also may not have anything to do with it but nor does it explain it. Just because there is a logical explanation for something doesn't make it the right answer, merely one comfortable enough to accept.

GHOSTS are trying to make contact with living friends using mobile phones, a paranormal expert claims.

The number of mystery calls to mobiles attributed to spooks has rocketed by 43 per cent in the last four years, a study found.

Spectre investigator Phil Hayes from Paranormal Research UK believes a third of all hauntings are now through mobile phones.

New research also shows that an incredible one in three Brits claim to have seen an apparition in a photo or captured paranormal footage on their mobile

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3192411/Ghosts-are-phoning-friends.html

Didn't they make a movie outta this?

shadowofadoubt- I was just wondering what the latin in your signiture meant. Every time I read a reply from you I wonder what it means. Care to share? regards-ncot

shadowofadoubt- I was just wondering what the latin in your signiture meant. Every time I read a reply from you I wonder what it means. Care to share? regards-ncot

It means "All is to be doubted"

• 2 weeks later...

I know the subject does sound totally bizarre, and have no doubt the majority of "ghost calls" are nothing more than technical problems, etc. However, the subject of "phone calls from the dead" has been around for quite awhile, well before cell/mobile phones were in use. I did some research after two such incidents happened in my family after my father passed in 2008.

On two different occasions within a year after his passing, my sister had calls from his number (according to caller ID information) on her cell phone, both accompanied with very difficult to understand voice mail messages (static/garbled voice). Even more odd, she had changed phones since his passing, so his number was not stored in any way in the new phone. According to Verizon (which was his landline company), the number had not yet been recycled and given to another customer. It was a non-working number, which we also verified when trying to call.

I know...it's bizarre, but maybe there is something to all of this?

This is like when people get bills after there death, or when you get a christmas card after your aunty died. Pure coincidence and the fact that mail gets missplaced or even lost for a while, same could apply to phone company services, and the fact that networks do get over loaded sometimes causing a slow down or delay in messages calls being made.

This is like when people get bills after there death, or when you get a christmas card after your aunty died. Pure coincidence and the fact that mail gets missplaced or even lost for a while, same could apply to phone company services, and the fact that networks do get over loaded sometimes causing a slow down or delay in messages calls being made.

Wow, Belial...that's really a stretch; you're grasping for that one. In my sister's case, the actual calls were received (not just the messages) months after my father passed away. When was the last time you placed a call that took months to be connected to the person you were calling? I think I'd switch phone companies in that case. It's okay to be a skeptic (I am as well), but let's at least be reasonable about it.

So you will not accept that some calls can be remade accidently, by the phone companise in some way? Also, most if not all calls are recorded, whos to say some glitch in the network causes this to happen from time to time, may be thats why it's only a very few who have had it happen as i don't see or hear it on the local/international news.

So you will not accept that some calls can be remade accidently, by the phone companise in some way? Also, most if not all calls are recorded, whos to say some glitch in the network causes this to happen from time to time, may be thats why it's only a very few who have had it happen as i don't see or hear it on the local/international news.

No, I don't accept that. Again, I believe you're grasping at anything in an attempt to reinforce whatever your beliefs are.

I don't know what caused these calls, but have never heard of a phone company repeating calls out of the blue months after they were originally placed. Please look at the facts. You don't have to believe the calls came from a dead relative, and I'm not saying I do, but:

1) Telephone calls (not just voice mail messages) were received from a my dad's number months after he had passed

2) This happened on two seperate occasions

3) His number was disconnected the week after he passed-away (I did this personally with Verizon)

4) My sister had switched cell phones after he passed (she dropped her original phone) so his number was not stored anywhere in the new phone

5) Verizon confirmed that my dad's number was non-working, and had not been recycled

6) We confirmed that by calling the number

7) The messages were unlike any she received from him previously, and had very poor sound quality

I don't know why this doesn't happen all the time but (regardless of the source), it has been discussed for decades, and was the reason for the article that started this thread in the first place. Please understand that I am not trying to attack your beliefs, just that I believe nothing you have offered sufficiently explains the calls, especially considering the circumstances. Were they paranormal? Who the heck knows, but I have no other explanation.

Edited for spelling error

Edited by Ten301

Not 'grasping' at anything, just don't believe in the dead and that they can phone home like some ET.

How about this then why not you phone them and see what happens, i bet i know the answer.

Not 'grasping' at anything, just don't believe in the dead and that they can phone home like some ET.

How about this then why not you phone them and see what happens, i bet i know the answer.

Were those comments to another member of this site really necessary? Phone who? Phone what? I'm not asking you to believe (nor do I care), just relaying my personal story concerning this subject. Sorry if my sister's experience upset you, but we're here for open discussion, right? I honestly don't know what to make of it, either.

My comments are valid, if the phone call was genuine then phone it back and see what happens, you come here for answers i just gave you an answer, as ghosts do not exist as far as i am concerned anyway, this as no other explanation than being one of a person still in grief of the loss, or looking for something thats not there because there not capable of letting go, which is understandable i suppose, but other things could have caused it like the couple i have put forward, but you seem to want to hear the opposite to my thoughts, i wonder why?

Maybe your mind is already made up also...

My comments are valid, if the phone call was genuine then phone it back and see what happens, you come here for answers i just gave you an answer, as ghosts do not exist as far as i am concerned anyway, this as no other explanation than being one of a person still in grief of the loss, or looking for something thats not there because there not capable of letting go, which is understandable i suppose, but other things could have caused it like the couple i have put forward, but you seem to want to hear the opposite to my thoughts, i wonder why?

Maybe your mind is already made up also...

If you completely read my post, you would have noticed that I said the caller ID number was my dad's. You would have also noticed that I did mention that we attempted to call the number, which I believe would be the natural reaction and course of action of anyone, considering the circumstances. You should have also noticed that I never claimed it was a call from my deceased father, as that is so far-fetched, but I also believe your explanation is equally remote. In other words, I don't believe either is possible. That is why I stated that I don't know what to make of it. It is much too convenient to say something to the effect of, "It was only a phone glitch" considering the circumstances.

As far as your medical/psychological observation, unless you are a phychiatrist or psychologist, you are way out of your area of expertise. I don't believe that possibility describes anyone in my immediate family, but even if that were the case, it does not change the facts of what happened.

Edited by Ten301

Thanks for reply anyway.

And yes i have read your replies and i stated what i stated, no change in my opinion either. This is just wishful thinking on the part of those who have lost and cannot let go, i too have lost both parents but i have learned to let go and move on, not hope that they are going to appear on the stairs or phone me asking how i am or something, thats not me being cold thats me being a realist.

Edited by Belial

Thanks for reply anyway.

And yes i have read your replies and i stated what i stated, no change in my opinion either. This is just wishful thinking on the part of those who have lost and cannot let go, i too have lost both parents but i have learned to let go and move on, not hope that they are going to appear on the stairs or phone me asking how i am or something, thats not me being cold thats me being a realist.

I am sorry for your loss of your parents.

You cannot generalize and assume these are all reports from grief-stricken family members who cannot "let go". How can you make that assumption without knowing any people who have experienced this? You don't believe, and I get that. I'm a skeptic, maybe you don't get that. You cannot judge others so quickly out of your beliefs. If a seemingly paranormal event happens to someone that cannot be immediately pushed-aside, you cannot assume that the person reporting the event is crazy, mistaken, lying or (in the case of my family) grief-stricken, especially without knowledge of that person.

Edited by Ten301

Hello....first post but long time reader.

The husband of my cousin died about 3 weeks ago. Nobody rang his mobile as he was a bit deaf (he had it for emergencies I suppose) but a couple of days after his departure his phone rang. I quite accept it could have been a wrong number but it does make me wonder whether he was showing that he was still around. I think she said there was no number showing on the display.

Edited by leedsman1954

Hello....first post but long time reader.

The husband of my cousin died about 3 weeks ago. Nobody rang his mobile as he was a bit deaf (he had it for emergencies I suppose) but a couple of days after his departure his phone rang. I quite accept it could have been a wrong number but it does make me wonder whether he was showing that he was still around. I think she said there was no number showing on the display.

Did his phone ring or was it a call from his phone?

Could have also been a telemarketer, debt collector, phone survey....

• 2 years later...

If they are calling from Heaven, hell or inbetween, I hope like heck that they are on a good plan. That's a phone call from a long, long way away.

• 2 years later...

Ok my mother just lost her common law husband ok now she made a call to me to tell me his son was killed when we were on the phone I heard a loud noise and what a voice I keep saying mom then my mom was back on the phone she told my I thought you hung up on me I got the chills what do you think it was