Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

Now now give mr merle some credit :P Think this dude is going to suprise some people!

Yea man. We saw a hint of a human being last night in Merle. The last scene where they showed Rick with his war face reminded me of the old bugs bunny cartoons where he'd say "of course you know, this means war".

• Like 1

I think the last episode is my alltime favorite so far.

In the comic books, the governor is way over the top and resembles white trailer trash. Vast improvement done for the character in the series.

• Like 1

Yea man. We saw a hint of a human being last night in Merle. The last scene where they showed Rick with his war face reminded me of the old bugs bunny cartoons where he'd say "of course you know, this means war".

I dont know why i never read the comics,i just have had a feeling merle is one of those characters most love to hate but he has more to him than is originnaly thought.A bit rough around the edges so to say.I can identify with that.Rick i am a bit lost on,i think this last episode though was a wake up call for him.

I think the last episode is my alltime favorite so far.

In the comic books, the governor is way over the top and resembles white trailer trash. Vast improvement done for the character in the series.

I may have to agree!

• Like 1

Agreed preach!The first episode of the second half of the split season was a bit slow though was kind of expected,this last episode rocked! :tu: I also expect i will be a bit angry when the cliffhanger for this season comes up :lol:

Honestly, for me, I dont need every episode to be as good or better then the last. Alot of people were turned off by season 2, but I loved the whole season. I guess cause sometimes I feel like that is the kinda world Id rather live in my self, as sick as that sounds. Something about having the developed world nearly to yourself, surounded by a small group of people you trust. I might change my mind if I was actualy having to do it though.

I did think last night was a good oportunity to kill off one of the main charactors to really build that rivalry between the group and the govenor. They should have kept T dogg alive for it at least. Anyhow, bravo. Best show on TV by FAR.

• Like 1

I think this coming week something big happens!

• Like 1

I dont know why i never read the comics,i just have had a feeling merle is one of those characters most love to hate but he has more to him than is originnaly thought.A bit rough around the edges so to say.I can identify with that.Rick i am a bit lost on,i think this last episode though was a wake up call for him.

Yea I havent read the comics either. I did read the 2 books they came out with recently though. The first one Rise of the Govenor was really good. The second Road to Woodbury wasnt as good as the first. If you are into this show though I highly recomend both.

Yea I doubt Rick is gonna spend any more time chasing ghosts for awhile.

• Like 1

Yea I havent read the comics either. I did read the 2 books they came out with recently though. The first one Rise of the Govenor was really good. The second Road to Woodbury wasnt as good as the first. If you are into this show though I highly recomend both.

Yea I doubt Rick is gonna spend any more time chasing ghosts for awhile.

Through the highs and lows this show has me hooked,one of the only ones on tv in a long time i cant miss!I will give the books a try,i am usually one who reads the books then critiques everything though so i may wait a bit haha

• Like 1

Whatever you do, dont let season 2 turn you off. It slows down big time, but it goes out with a bang. Plus season 3 has just been amazing.

Agreed preach!The first episode of the second half of the split season was a bit slow though was kind of expected,this last episode rocked! :tu: I also expect i will be a bit angry when the cliffhanger for this season comes up :lol:

I've heard that the second season is slow. To be fair, though, I've never been much of a Zombie movie fan, so if we move away from zombies I don't think I'll be that much affected. The character development will be there, and from what I see it will pay dividends in season 3. Just what I've read, of course.... I don't think I'll be disappointed by season 2

I've heard that the second season is slow. To be fair, though, I've never been much of a Zombie movie fan, so if we move away from zombies I don't think I'll be that much affected. The character development will be there, and from what I see it will pay dividends in season 3. Just what I've read, of course.... I don't think I'll be disappointed by season 2

Second season was slow, in terms of action but it allowed you to get to know the characters. I read somewhere that they didn’t really have the budget for the second season to make it as good as they would have liked until they realized how popular it was and then threw more money at it.

It still has quite a few shocks, twists and turns in it and picks up really well towards the end of season two.

By far the best Zombie film/tv program I have seen... I didn't even realize there was a game from the TV series out?

Second season was slow, in terms of action but it allowed you to get to know the characters. I read somewhere that they didn’t really have the budget for the second season to make it as good as they would have liked until they realized how popular it was and then threw more money at it.

It still has quite a few shocks, twists and turns in it and picks up really well towards the end of season two.

I'm looking forward to it, whatever the case

By far the best Zombie film/tv program I have seen... I didn't even realize there was a game from the TV series out?

Yep, the game was released by Telltale Games and is available via download HERE for Steam (every now and then Telltale has a special where they'll let you download the first episode free, so if you wait you may get lucky to try episode 1 for free - but otherwise it's not that expensive a game to download). There's five episodes, I've only played the first, but it's absolutely amazing. The graphics aren't fantastic, but the way the story just ropes you in is great. The choices you make all affect the way people relate to you, the group dynamics. Not at all similar to other point-and-click adventure games I've played. Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Look forward to it, the acting and storyline are superb and the build-up has a great pay-off. I enjoyed the second season immensely but the third is even better which means the writers are just getting started. :clap::nw:

Yep, the game was released by Telltale Games and is available via download HERE for Steam (every now and then Telltale has a special where they'll let you download the first episode free, so if you wait you may get lucky to try episode 1 for free - but otherwise it's not that expensive a game to download). There's five episodes, I've only played the first, but it's absolutely amazing. The graphics aren't fantastic, but the way the story just ropes you in is great. The choices you make all affect the way people relate to you, the group dynamics. Not at all similar to other point-and-click adventure games I've played.

Much appreciated PA, thanks for that. I will give that a go.

Much appreciated PA, thanks for that. I will give that a go.

Let me know how you go :tu:

Well, I'm up to episode 7 from season 2. I don't know why people don't like season 2. It's not as great as season 1 but I'm still really enjoying it. I'm now really pumped for what's coming later :yes:

I know what you mean PA. I wasn’t disappointed at all with season 2, I loved the way it built the story around the character’s and allowed you to get to know them, I loved the twists and turns within the story. There was an obvious lack of death and gore but, I think the full structured storyline is far more important and wahts sets it aside from all the rest.

I really hope you don’t know the outcome or any spoilers to get the full effect but I am sure you do?

Enjoy. :tu:

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it slow,but I think it had to be more cerebral ,give what was going on .Also ,production and writers changed hands .

The series future was in question ,so I think they took it slow,so the audience and industry peeps could see where it would go with these guys .

If it was too over the top ,there could have been repercussions . I suspect so anyway

I know what you mean PA. I wasn’t disappointed at all with season 2, I loved the way it built the story around the character’s and allowed you to get to know them, I loved the twists and turns within the story. There was an obvious lack of death and gore but, I think the full structured storyline is far more important and wahts sets it aside from all the rest.

I really hope you don’t know the outcome or any spoilers to get the full effect but I am sure you do?

Enjoy. :tu:

I like everything about the show.. As far as spoilers go the producers are very tight lipped and the tv show is far different then the comics so almost impossible to predict even for thos that read them.

• Like 1

I like everything about the show.. As far as spoilers go the producers are very tight lipped and the tv show is far different then the comics so almost impossible to predict even for thos that read them.

What I meant in terms of spoilers is. PA hasn't seen season 2 or any of season 3. I meant I hope he didn't get to know what happens that would poil it for him, until he catches up with the new episodes.

I haven't seen any spoilers. I read this thread before I ever started watching so names and events went straight over my head. All I remember (I think I remember) that we're going to be introduced to a character named the Governor. That's about it.

Meanwhile, it's season two but just in cae I'll use spoilers

oh no, they killed Dale :cry: I wish they'dkill Lori instead, she's annoying me

Edited by Paranoid Android

What I meant in terms of spoilers is. PA hasn't seen season 2 or any of season 3. I meant I hope he didn't get to know what happens that would poil it for him, until he catches up with the new episodes.

Ahh got ya. PA don't spoil it stay away from us people talking about it lol We have a rule at work if someone misses the show sunday night we can't talk about it till tuesday to give them a chance to catch up but only one day grace time lol

Ahh got ya. PA don't spoil it stay away from us people talking about it lol We have a rule at work if someone misses the show sunday night we can't talk about it till tuesday to give them a chance to catch up but only one day grace time lol

I know what you mean. I bet PA thinks when he logs in here, if he will get someone that somehow manages to spoil it for him. I wouldn't even log into this discussion.

I read one line in a members status update on Monday that literally spoied the show I missed, well it didn't actually spoil it for me but I knew the outcome before I watched it.

Message to all who read this "Don't spoil it for PA" or he will use the full extent of his MOD powers and ban you.

• Like 1

Which is why I've just chucked an all nighter to watch 12 straight episodes and get to season 3. Hopefully when I wake up I can get a hold of season 3 and catch up with you guys, then spoilers won't be an issue and I won't have to..... erm..... take action ;)

• Like 1

Which is why I've just chucked an all nighter to watch 12 straight episodes and get to season 3. Hopefully when I wake up I can get a hold of season 3 and catch up with you guys, then spoilers won't be an issue and I won't have to..... erm..... take action ;)

Seeason 3 is going to shock the hell out of you. :tsu:

Another marathon TV session, ten episodes straight, I'm zombied out but I've caught up with the U.S now. Just gotta wait until the next episode is released now. A lot of highlights from season 3. I'm gladDaryl came back, and let's hope he can take over from Rick (I'm not liking Rick's breakdown storyline, though I suppose it's not unexpected).

It feels like the Governor is a little bit of a reboot of the Shane character. The difference seems that the Governor is charismatic and inspires people, while Shane always managed to get on the wrong side of people. Their vision was quite similar though, in my opinion.

And with that said, it's after 4.30am and I need sleep to survive. I dreamt I was in the zombie apocalypse last night, I have a feeling tonight will be the same. Good night :P

• Like 1