Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

Yes if you enjoy the show i would definitely get season 2,i missed 3 or 4 episodes and was almost lost when i got back to it.Had to wait for reruns to catch up on a few things haha.

It looks like I'm going to get them all in a box set..

However I don't want to feel like a schmuck but I'm going to wait till the series is finished for good.

Until then I'm channel hopping in the hope of picking up this obviously popular series.

I'm one of these people that likes to get complete collections of everything.

This is also a guy who got annoyed when he thought they had finished after three Final Destination films.

But parity has been restored now.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 1

I can't wait for next episode...I love love this show and I am a very picky person when it comes to my shows hehe.

I was hoping Michonne would of sliced Andrea's head in the last episode but we all know that won't happen,she's probably the most hated character. As an actor she is definitely playing her part right but her character p!$$e$ me off in the show.

I am very picky when it comes to shows aswell,the last show i enjoyed watching as much as twd was a few years back called "The Riches" after 2 seasons the writers strike killed it off i was so damn mad haha.At least this one looks like it will be around for a few more seasons.

• Like 1

Andrea will have to see with her own eyes what the governor is capable of. And I am pretty sure she will!

I think she already sees, but doesn't want to believe, but she will see with her own eyes and be shamed that she had fooled herself.
  • Like 1

I think she already sees, but doesn't want to believe, but she will see with her own eyes and be shamed that she had fooled herself.

I think her falling for the man is actually a very weak story.

She has chosen him over a girl she spent months living with and a group she went to hell and back with, after knowing him for all of a few days? To me, that's a massive plot-hole and is actually quite disappointing to see from the writers. I mean even after she was told that he sent people to kill her friend, she went back? And decided not to kill him? When people are told someone they like or even love is a violent, murdering, sadistic psychopath with jars full of heads in his closet, you don't keep on loving them, you realise that you don't even know who the **** the are. Then you run. It's simply an unrealistic storyline (he says about a show about zombies lol)

Kick ass episode . I so hate the governor ....and Andrea is just a wishy washy twank . Feh

I know what you mean, but the Governor brings that something else to the show. Another obstacle and something else for the group to worry about.

I think her falling for the man is actually a very weak story.

She has chosen him over a girl she spent months living with and a group she went to hell and back with, after knowing him for all of a few days? To me, that's a massive plot-hole and is actually quite disappointing to see from the writers. I mean even after she was told that he sent people to kill her friend, she went back? And decided not to kill him? When people are told someone they like or even love is a violent, murdering, sadistic psychopath with jars full of heads in his closet, you don't keep on loving them, you realise that you don't even know who the **** the are. Then you run. It's simply an unrealistic storyline (he says about a show about zombies lol)

In a post-apocalyptic world where everything you know is tossed , aside, the promise of safety and a normal life again can blind even the most stoic of pragmatists. I think Andrea is intended to represent that pragmatist in us all who would be willing to compromise in many points for a safe and secure future

So yeah, I disagree, I don't think it's a weak storyline. People can and do put up with anything for a perception of safety.

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Thanks XSAS and PA for the spoiler hints.

I didn't bother posting straight away as I found this weeks episode really weak.

Andrea I just want to shoot her but at the same time as PA pointed out when it comes to survival I guess none of us really would know what we'd do. i guess we'd all hope to go out fighting but if the will to live is stronger you sometimes do things you'd never imagine.

For the coming week and the person on the roof........

Will it be the man that had a son from the first episode that Rick left in his home town? That's apparently how the comics have it happening.

In a post-apocalyptic world where everything you know is tossed , aside, the promise of safety and a normal life again can blind even the most stoic of pragmatists. I think Andrea is intended to represent that pragmatist in us all who would be willing to compromise in many points for a safe and secure future

So yeah, I disagree, I don't think it's a weak storyline. People can and do put up with anything for a perception of safety.

I agree with both of you. LOL.

I think they are basing her behavior on an overwhelming desire to seek nomality which the town simulates. She is also assuming a leadership role, which I think she enjoys a lot. I agree with PA, though, that it is a very weak storyline because the man has proven to be an obvious sociopath yet she chooses him over her pals. One thng may be that after seeing how her old gang is living she chose the clean and seemingly safe town with running water and no corpses lying in the halls. Plus Rick is no shinh light if sanity at the moment.

Edited by Merc14

I don’t like Andrea, her character isn’t one I find is warming. However I do agree with PA about her compromising, I think the last episode has shown she is just looking for a secure haven and she has even suggested bringing the groups together. She just want somewhere she can call home through this post-apocalyptic mess. She sees comfort in strength, which is understandable, given the situation they are in. It was the same at the beginning with her and Shane, she saw him as a strong solution.

• Like 2

I agree with both of you. LOL.

I think they are basing her behavior on an overwhelming desire to seek nomality which the town simulates. She is also assuming a leadership role, which I think she enjoys a lot. I agree with PA, though, that it is a very weak storyline because the man has proven to be an obvious sociopath yet she chooses him over her pals. One thng may be that after seeing how her old gang is living she chose the clean and seemingly safe town with running water and no corpses lying in the halls. Plus Rick is no shinh light if sanity at the moment.

She chooses them because they represent a return to normality. I can't explain exactly how I would react to a post-apocalyptic Zombie-infested future, but if it ever happened, the dangling of a carrot of normalcy must become a factor at some point. Whether I choose to sink that carrot or not, the carrot still exists. For many, the idea of a "normal life" is the greatest carrot anyone can ever dangle in front of you. And if that requires you to overlook a few small details, then those details may be overlooked, intentionally or otherwise.

• Like 1

She chooses them because they represent a return to normality. I can't explain exactly how I would react to a post-apocalyptic Zombie-infested future, but if it ever happened, the dangling of a carrot of normalcy must become a factor at some point. Whether I choose to sink that carrot or not, the carrot still exists. For many, the idea of a "normal life" is the greatest carrot anyone can ever dangle in front of you. And if that requires you to overlook a few small details, then those details may be overlooked, intentionally or otherwise.

Some women do *anything* for a man. There need be no zombie apocalypse going on .

They forsake their family friends and even children ,for some guy,who is usually an utter creep .,

• Like 1

Based on the trailer after last weeks episode, i'm pretty psyched up and am looking forward to the next one.

Its the only thing on TV, that I actually watch and look forward to. The season 3, mid-season break in October killed me... having to wait until February for the next episode, that was shear torture!!

• Like 2

Based on the trailer after last weeks episode, i'm pretty psyched up and am looking forward to the next one.

Its the only thing on TV, that I actually watch and look forward to. The season 3, mid-season break in October killed me... having to wait until February for the next episode, that was shear torture!!

Same here x

I'm currently watching season 3, is no one else surprised that andrea isn't pregnant?

I'm currently watching season 3, is no one else surprised that andrea isn't pregnant?

I never even thought about it but wow, would that explain a lot.

• Like 1

I never even thought about it but wow, would that explain a lot.

yuuup, she has done it with two different men, with the governor multiple times, yet somehow she isn't pregnant lol yet Lori did

yuuup, she has done it with two different men, with the governor multiple times, yet somehow she isn't pregnant lol yet Lori did

Maybe she can't get pregnant.

I think Andrea didn't kill the Gov because she's not a killer. She wasn't a killer before the apocalypse and she's not one after, no matter how many walkers she has put down. Sure, she can kill the walkers, but they aren't human...they view them as monsters.

I think Andrea didn't kill the Gov because she's not a killer. She wasn't a killer before the apocalypse and she's not one after, no matter how many walkers she has put down. Sure, she can kill the walkers, but they aren't human...they view them as monsters.

I can buy that too but the pregnant storyline would be awesome. What a HS moment when she told the gov.

I can buy that too but the pregnant storyline would be awesome. What a HS moment when she told the gov.

Adding one baby to the story makes it bad. Adding another no won`t happen. If they can get pads they can get condoms. There will be no other baby as if the first one wasn`t enough to weaken the group.

This sunday Rick vs the gov I think. So Amdrea does not kill the gov as Rick and the gov Need to have it out.

I would like to see some Rick vs the government action :D

Pumped for tonights episode, which incidentally, I can't watch until Monday!!