Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

Bracket

If they follow the comic at all, they won't kill him.

Negan is a valuable character on the show. Bet they don't kill him.

You heard Morgan say maybe if they just took out Negan, right?

You know the saviors are ready to get rid of him too, if you've been watching.

In the comic, he spends several months in the cell Morgan built at Alexandria, then Carl lets him out and he escapes.

He plays a large role in the next crisis too - on the same side as the Alexandrians.

Harte

• Like 2

Negan is too good a character to just kill off cheaply.  I agree: they'll play out the comic arc.

btw I liked most of last night's episode, except for the (in)convenient arrival of the army of Walkers on the highway as they were collecting the explosives.  But then, I'm probably the only one who'd happily never see a zombie in the show again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

Negan is too good a character to just kill off cheaply.  I agree: they'll play out the comic arc.

btw I liked most of last night's episode, except for the (in)convenient arrival of the army of Walkers on the highway as they were collecting the explosives.  But then, I'm probably the only one who'd happily never see a zombie in the show again!

If you watch again you'll hear Rick say, when he sees the explosive chain, "A herd must be coming." so apparently setting a trap like this one is a thing to do in advance of a herd arriving.

• Like 3

Great episode.

On an other note though I felt like rick did a bad job selling the war to the king. He didn't really explain to the king how it would benifift him. No suprise he said no, he has a prosperous city 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Great episode.

On an other note though I felt like rick did a bad job selling the war to the king. He didn't really explain to the king how it would benifift him. No suprise he said no, he has a prosperous city 

Plus the King is feeding the saviors pork from pigs that were fed walkers so he is slowly poisoning them.  :D  King Ezekiel and his "hatchet man" have become two of my favorite characters.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harte said:

In the comic, he spends several months in the cell Morgan built at Alexandria, then Carl lets him out and he escapes.

He plays a large role in the next crisis too - on the same side as the Alexandrians.

Harte

Yeah you might be right - but they can at least hack an arm or a leg off that S:O:B. ZbCkpFz.gif?1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Great episode.

Events will overtake King Ezekiel. The Kingdom will join the fight.

Not gonna say anything further, in case they actually do follow the comic arc.

Harte

On 2/14/2017 at 5:46 AM, Harte said:

Harte

This is a HUGE spoiler. Like huge, I don't think it was right for you to post this here without spoiler tags. I didn't know a lot of that..now I am a bit miffed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rinna said:

This is a HUGE spoiler. Like huge, I don't think it was right for you to post this here without spoiler tags. I didn't know a lot of that..now I am a bit miffed.

Rinna, that's from the comic. I've linked to the online comic at least twice in this thread. It's not a spoiler.

In the comic, Rick's woman isn't Michonne, it's Andrea - but she's dead in the TV show.

Is that a spoiler too?

Harte

1 hour ago, Harte said:

Rinna, that's from the comic. I've linked to the online comic at least twice in this thread. It's not a spoiler.

In the comic, Rick's woman isn't Michonne, it's Andrea - but she's dead in the TV show.

Is that a spoiler too?

Harte

This show has changed things with characters but from what I understand story lines have stayed the same. Morgan built a prison, so now I'm sure Negan will go in there. 

I just...didn't know all of that before..and I feel sort of deflated. This thread is about the show not the comic. 

To be fair, we don't know which direction the TV show will take.   And even assuming it sticks roughly to the comic, details will undoubtedly differ,

Edit: and Negan needs to survive long enough at least for the "Christmas Special" where he and Rick waltz through the streets of Alexandria singing Fairytale of New York  :D

Edited by Essan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Essan said:

Edit: and Negan needs to survive long enough at least for the "Christmas Special" where he and Rick waltz through the streets of Alexandria singing Fairytale of New York  :D

At least I showed enough restraint to not spill the beans on that spoiler!

Harte

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harte said:

At least I showed enough restraint to not spill the beans on that spoiler!

Harte

They had a practice session down the road from me just before Christmas, with Worcester Cathedral standing in for Alexandria and Marc Almond as Negan.  I think we were the zombies :D 

• Like 2

I'm not sure that I like Jadis and the Scavengers.  What's going to happen when you arm the Scavengers and the Saviors are wiped out?

I did like where Shiva approved of Daryl.  Maybe they will become allies in battle?  And I won't say what I know about Ezekiel for Rina's sake :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that the cell was going to be for Negan and at least for a time will become an odd but trusted advisor or conscience.

Is there still time in this season to have the war or at least the opening salvos in the last episode of the season?  They still have to bring Oceanside and any other allies into this and firm up said alliances.  You know the war is going to be messy and perhaps long.  There will be Saviors that escape and the way things are going, they will run into other groups more powerful than they were, looking for goods themselves.  Rick's post war problems will be diplomatic to keep all of these communities in a trade alliance and mutual security.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I'm not sure that I like Jadis and the Scavengers.  What's going to happen when you arm the Scavengers and the Saviors are wiped out?

I did like where Shiva approved of Daryl.  Maybe they will become allies in battle?  And I won't say what I know about Ezekiel for Rina's sake :rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious that the cell was going to be for Negan and at least for a time will become an odd but trusted advisor or conscience.

Is there still time in this season to have the war or at least the opening salvos in the last episode of the season?  They still have to bring Oceanside and any other allies into this and firm up said alliances.  You know the war is going to be messy and perhaps long.  There will be Saviors that escape and the way things are going, they will run into other groups more powerful than they were, looking for goods themselves.  Rick's post war problems will be diplomatic to keep all of these communities in a trade alliance and mutual security.

Thank you!!! I appreciate the non-spoiling. I like being surprised. 

Ooh,I love this programme,been watching since it started here in the UK.

Loved it back then and love it even more now,makes me love Monday's lol xxxxx

What is with Eugene and pickles?  :wacko:  I wonder if him and Dwight will become new BFFs?  Eugene will go around and introduce Dwight as his best pickle!:rofl:

Will Amber, Frankie, & Tanya replace Abraham as muses for Eugeneisms or will that end up being Laura or even Dwight?  Or will there be more than enough to go around?  You see how Eugene disarms Negan when he talks to him.

I'm thinking that Eugene is thinking that he'll take over these Saviors before too long and depose Negan.  I know this won't happen but we see Rick running all over the place to bring the communities together to fight the Saviors and they show up to the gates and finds out that Eugene  has been running the group for months now.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:47 PM, RavenHawk said:

You can see that the Saviors are desperate to get rid of Negan. Look at the crowd's faces when Negan is doing the "ironing."

He has  a small cadre of supporters, but the rest are waiting for someone to kill him.

Escaped saviors won't be any more problem than any other (living) people that are out there - once Negan is dealt with.

I'm predicting that the fall of the saviors will be accomplished with much greater ease than the Alexandrians anticipate.

There is another conflict on the horizon and when it comes, it will be faced by the Alexandrians, the Kingdom, and the Saviors as allies.

Harte

• Like 2

@F3SS

Well bud,looks like we are going to get that long drawn out build up too the "cliffhanger" war...sighhhhh

Not like we couldn't see it coming a mile away,so i guess no real reason in complaining about it lol

Is it just me or is anyone else ready for/hoping Sasha and Rosita become zombie food sometime soon...Their characters are just annoying!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

@F3SS

Well bud,looks like we are going to get that long drawn out build up too the "cliffhanger" war...sighhhhh

Not like we couldn't see it coming a mile away,so i guess no real reason in complaining about it lol

Is it just me or is anyone else ready for/hoping Sasha and Rosita become zombie food sometime soon...Their characters are just annoying!

Yea sometimes you just get the feeling that some actors agents get them contracts requiring certain screen time. I've felt that way about Carol for about 5 seasons now. Not a carol fan! These two ladies are obviously going to screw things up. I'd be surprised if they don't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Yea sometimes you just get the feeling that some actors agents get them contracts requiring certain screen time. I've felt that way about Carol for about 5 seasons now. Not a carol fan! These two ladies are obviously going to screw things up. I'd be surprised if they don't. 

I've been up and down on Carol's character...

I understand it's the end of the world as most knew it,but i'm tired of the constant sob stories and whiney characteristics of certain people!

It's time everyone stops being sad all the time and start getting mad as hell lol

Have to say it was awesome seeing Eugene stop being so damn timid and load up on supplies while telling it like it is :lol: :clap:

• Like 2

Maybe I am getting old, strike that, I am getting old, but the story, producing, directing and acting is superb this season and I am enjoying the build up to all out war.  I honestly think this series is getting better which never happens!  My wife HATED this show but is now totally involved and looks forward to it.  I'measy so my opinion is meh.

It is very interesting, to me, to see the two different kinds of fans following this show and it speaks volumes for the quality of the production that we are arguing about it.   Great stuff and neither side is wrong, purely personal taste but I enjoy both gears on this particular vehicle. 

• Like 4

I hear you on that too. I'm enjoying the season and while I do want to see the war so long as they aren't boring us with fillers  I can't knock it. Though the convenience of Rick finding the holy grail of guns just when they're needed most? Hmm.

• Like 1