Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is a Spaceship?

TheFace

Maybe they have no idea the moon is actually moving away from us, and that this Super Duper coincidence is nothing more than chance, and wont always be that way.

The size comparisons though mean squat in its "miraculous behavour". Not even sure why they mention that.

Im curious as to how else they say it Behaves/

Well, I'm not sure what they say, but when the moon behaves badly we should send it to its room. Bad Moon! No TV tonight! :P

*Im not even going to dignify the Moon is a Spaceship nonsense with an answer.

But But............. awwww darn it <_<

The Moon is roughly 400 times smaller than the Sun in Diameter. It is also approximately 1/370 the distance of the Sun to the Earth.

Just wanted to extrapolate on this excellent fact. We are now very lucky to be living at a time when the moon is exactly the right distance from the Sun to cause a total Solar Eclipse. With the moon moving away, this fantastic phenomena will one day be lost forever. Even now, the ratio is not perfect. The moon is slightly smaller than the Sun from our perspective.

Hey, it's only about an 1.8 billion year window :w00t: !!

On an unrelated note,

according to a mischievous logical extension of quantum mechanics affecting macroscopic objects..

If everyone stopped looking at the moon, it wouldn't exist (or very slowly start to de-exist)

Oh Einstein didn't like that.

Everyone needs a moon.

I've got a moon for ya... :ph34r:

:unsure: ......

:wub:

Obviously the moon is "built" but so is everything else, everything needs to be perfect for the universe to exist. If there was one small change we would never be here, but we will never know the exact truth unfortunately.

Obviously the moon is "built" but so is everything else, everything needs to be perfect for the universe to exist. If there was one small change we would never be here, but we will never know the exact truth unfortunately.

Yeah, doubt that.

Unless you want to elaborate.

Just wanted to extrapolate on this excellent fact. We are now very lucky to be living at a time when the moon is exactly the right distance from the Sun to cause a total Solar Eclipse. With the moon moving away, this fantastic phenomena will one day be lost forever. Even now, the ratio is not perfect. The moon is slightly smaller than the Sun from our perspective.

Hey, it's only about an 1.8 billion year window :w00t: !!

More fuel for my avatar being prophetic and showing the savior of 2012. Yay!

An interesting theory, but it seems it is all based around a religious belief. I know it's been said before, but it's hard to believe something as outlandish as this without some kind of evidence.

I suppose someone high up would know, it would be impossible not to having been there (which is another debate in itself). But going by the article, it's just another theory.

Well religious belief is basically astro-theology characterized.

Im interested about the inner core... MID can you elaborate on that? Why is it so light? There are so many theories on to how it was created, what is the current one. And another question that I have asked here before, what would happen to the earth if the moon was gone? Could an astroid destroy the moon? Besides the many lost and lonely Werewolfs what would happen?

and this is for Winterchronic

( )( )

theres a moon for ya!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by zenfahr

Im interested about the inner core... MID can you elaborate on that? Why is it so light? There are so many theories on to how it was created, what is the current one. And another question that I have asked here before, what would happen to the earth if the moon was gone? Could an astroid destroy the moon? Besides the many lost and lonely Werewolfs what would happen?

and this is for Winterchronic

( )( )

theres a moon for ya!!! :rolleyes:

Nasa may explain better than i:

Core

Data gathered by Lunar Prospector confirmed that the moon has a core and enabled scientists to estimate its size. The core has a radius of only about 250 miles (400 kilometers). By contrast, the radius of Earth's core is about 2,200 miles (3,500 kilometers).

The lunar core has less than 1 percent of the mass of the moon. Scientists suspect that the core consists mostly of iron, and it may also contain large amounts of sulfur and other elements.

Earth's core is made mostly of molten iron and nickel. This rapidly rotating molten core is responsible for Earth's magnetic field. A magnetic field is an influence that a magnetic object creates in the region around it. If the core of a planet or a satellite is molten, motion within the core caused by the rotation of the planet or satellite makes the core magnetic. But the small, partly molten core of the moon cannot generate a global magnetic field. However, small regions on the lunar surface are magnetic. Scientists are not sure how these regions acquired magnetism. Perhaps the moon once had a larger, more molten core.

There is evidence that the lunar interior formerly contained gas, and that some gas may still be there. Basalt from the moon contains holes called vesicles that are created during a volcanic eruption. On Earth, gas that is dissolved in magma comes out of solution during an eruption, much as carbon dioxide comes out of a carbonated beverage when you shake the drink container. The presence of vesicles in lunar basalt indicates that the deep interior contained gases, probably carbon monoxide or gaseous sulfur. The existence of volcanic ash is further evidence of interior gas; on Earth, volcanic eruptions are largely driven by gas.

Let's set common sense and reason aside for a bit and play a game.

Is there any indisputable proof that the moon came from the formation on the Earth?

Edited by Moonie2012

Do you really think all this exists by accident..come on now.

Dont tell me... Mammy and Daddy are religious, no? :rolleyes:

Its an interesting read.

http://www.rense.com/general92/spt.htm

I've heard of that theory before... To be honest, I don't think it really holds up to scrutiny. There are weird aspects to the moon that show us that we really don't know as much about it as we thought we did, but still... it just doesn't seem to gell as a "Spaceship" either.

How can there be proof that the moon coalesced from the Earth.That is just a very frail theory. After all, how do we REALLY know what happened four billion years ago.

Dont tell me... Mammy and Daddy are religious, no? :rolleyes:

First of all i am 26, what does that have to do with anything and where did i say anything about religion, second i am not religious at all genius.

First of all i am 26, what does that have to do with anything and where did i say anything about religion, second i am not religious at all genius.

So... What are you suggesting when you say none of this happened by accident?

Well, its not. I just explained that.

Its not unlikely. If our idea of the moon is correct, then it hitting earth, then floating around and being brought in its orbit isnt that odd.

I dont see how this is an issue. We know about the craters, and usually the depth with results from the size of the impact. Also, large impacts may have debris splash up and then fall back down creating smaller craters which are now quite shallow as well.

Also, lava could have filled a crater after impact.

So, were back to square one, with nothing too unlikely so far.

No offense but I don't think you just saying it's not unlikely, qualifies it as not unlikely.

The odds must be astronomical!

Also, just because the moon is moving a tiny little bit, that doesn't change the fact that it's still pretty amazing that it just happens to be the right size and distance to form an eclipse.

As to capturing the moon - I'm no expert but then I suspect neither are you... Isn't it possible Asimov was right?

I'll leave this one to the experts.

As to the craters - come on, that's just common sense! Big meteor will leave deep crater.

If I'm wrong, I'd gladly have someone explain to me why it doesn't work like that ;)

• Like 1

How can there be proof that the moon coalesced from the Earth.That is just a very frail theory. After all, how do we REALLY know what happened four billion years ago.

Its called science. Try having a bit more faith in it.

From wiki...

The prevailing hypothesis today is that the Earth–Moon system formed as a result of a giant impact: a Mars-sized body hit the nearly formed proto-Earth, blasting material into orbit around the proto-Earth, which accreted to form the Moon.

Giant impacts are thought to have been common in the early Solar System. Computer simulations modelling a giant impact are consistent with measurements of the angular momentum of the Earth–Moon system, and the small size of the lunar core; they also show that most of the Moon came from the impactor, not from the proto-Earth. However, meteorites show that other inner Solar System bodies such as Mars and Vesta have very different oxygen and tungsten isotopic compositions to the Earth, while the Earth and Moon have near-identical isotopic compositions.

Let's set common sense and reason aside for a bit and play a game.

Is there any indisputable proof that the moon came from the formation on the Earth?

No, its just a hypothesis, but that doesn't suddenly make the spaceship idea any more valid.

I've got a moon for ya... :ph34r:

That's no moon... etc

Edited by Emma_Acid

So... What are you suggesting when you say none of this happened by accident?

What are you suggesting that we exist by accident and that everything was some how made perfect for life to exist out of nowhere, yea that makes a lot of sense. I am not suggesting anything because we don't know anything about that subject.