Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Moon is a Spaceship?

TheFace

Why not? The earth is hollow too after all...

:P

Sure, ultimately!

I'm curious (and I know I've asked...I guess the idea of answering me is just too formidable a thing to try for these hollow headed folks...! :santa: )

But, What's it matter?

It would be kind of cool to discover a solid ball moon someplace! :w00t:

Sure, ultimately!

I'm curious (and I know I've asked...I guess the idea of answering me is just too formidable a thing to try for these hollow headed folks...! :santa: )

But, What's it matter?

It would be kind of cool to discover a solid ball moon someplace! :w00t:

I don't know MID. You're asking the wrong guy... ^_^

I don't know MID. You're asking the wrong guy... ^_^

Well, I think I asked the right guy(s) already, boonY. I wouldn't be too worried about the question...

Don't matter much in reality.

Edited by MID
  • Like 1

Speaking of artificial moons:

Mars May have Orbiting Space Base, says White House Advisor

March 1960 - The Martian moon Phobos, generally accepted as a celestial body, actually may be an artificial satellite launched long ago by an advanced Martian race, according to Dr. S. Fred Singer, special advisor to President Eisenhower on space developments. No mention was made of the other Mars moon, Deimos.

In his published opinion, Dr. Singer backed a claim first made by the Soviet astrophysicist Shklovsky. The Russian scientist's announcement that Phobos was a hollow, artificial satellite, proving the existence of a Martian civilization, set off heated arguments among astronomers. Shklovsky based his decision on a long study of Phobos' peculiar orbit, which other astronomers have noted. The Russian claim has calculations and those of earlier astronomers prove Phobos cannot possibly be an ordinary moon.

Though Dr. Singer said the figures still had to be proved, his Phobos statement in the February Astronautics, rejected other astronomers' objections.

"I would be very disappointed if it turns out to be solid," said the White House advisor. If the figures were correct, he stated, then Phobos undoubtedly is a hollow, artificial satellite. If it is, he said, its purpose would probably be to sweep up radiation in the Mars' atmosphere, so that Martians could safely operate around their planet. Dr. Singer also pointed out that Phobos would make an ideal space base, both for Martians and earthlings.

**** In light of this article, there was an interesting assessment of Mars given during a space briefing presented during an Eisenhower cabinet meeting. The briefing, by Eisenhower Science Advisor Dr. James Killian, was given March 14, 1958 -- "Mars - Much more exciting. Conditions more similar to earth -- Undoubtedly some form of life, although probably not ones which we would recognize."

In 1963, Raymond H. Wilson Jr., Chief of Applied Mathematics at NASA, joined Shklovsky and Dr. Singer in their Martian conclusions. He stated that "Phobos might be a colossal base orbiting Mars." He also stated that NASA itself was considering the possibility, and was planning for special probes that would answer the question.

http://www.google.co...BGhVcV5i_1wenRQ

Edited by TheMacGuffin

March 1960 - The Martian moon Phobos, generally accepted as a celestial body, actually may be an artificial satellite launched long ago by an advanced Martian race, according to Dr. S. Fred Singer, special advisor to President Eisenhower on space developments. No mention was made of the other Mars moon, Deimos.

In his published opinion, Dr. Singer backed a claim first made by the Soviet astrophysicist Shklovsky. The Russian scientist's announcement that Phobos was a hollow, artificial satellite, proving the existence of a Martian civilization, set off heated arguments among astronomers. Shklovsky based his decision on a long study of Phobos' peculiar orbit, which other astronomers have noted. The Russian claim has calculations and those of earlier astronomers prove Phobos cannot possibly be an ordinary moon.

Though Dr. Singer said the figures still had to be proved, his Phobos statement in the February Astronautics, rejected other astronomers' objections.

"I would be very disappointed if it turns out to be solid," said the White House advisor. If the figures were correct, he stated, then Phobos undoubtedly is a hollow, artificial satellite. If it is, he said, its purpose would probably be to sweep up radiation in the Mars' atmosphere, so that Martians could safely operate around their planet. Dr. Singer also pointed out that Phobos would make an ideal space base, both for Martians and earthlings.

**** In light of this article, there was an interesting assessment of Mars given during a space briefing presented during an Eisenhower cabinet meeting. The briefing, by Eisenhower Science Advisor Dr. James Killian, was given March 14, 1958 -- "Mars - Much more exciting. Conditions more similar to earth -- Undoubtedly some form of life, although probably not ones which we would recognize."

In 1963, Raymond H. Wilson Jr., Chief of Applied Mathematics at NASA, joined Shklovsky and Dr. Singer in their Martian conclusions. He stated that "Phobos might be a colossal base orbiting Mars." He also stated that NASA itself was considering the possibility, and was planning for special probes that would answer the question.

rf_fp.gif

Deimos (1.471 g/cm3) must be another colossal base!, Ceres 2.077 g/cm3, 2 Pallas 2.8 g/cm3, etc, etc. Holy smeg! Asteroid belt is teeming with colossal bases! Not to mention Mars is super-duper colossal base too...

Edited by bmk1245

I suppose if I wrote a letter to the White House advising them that the lawn needed to be mowed, I could claim to be a "White House Advisor"

If I also had a doctorate in basket weaving it would let me publish an article,

"Dr. Synchronomy, White House Advisor, to President Obama, states the the lawn needs to be mowed."

Dr. Steven Greer states in one of his books, and opens many of his lectures stating something to the effect that...

"I personally, have briefed three standiing Presidents on the status of extraterrestrial visitation of planet Earth"

That usually gets the crowd to drop to their knees in awe of his influence and accomplishments, and of course turns them into gullible sponges to listen to a couple of hours of speculative conjective. (you may have noticed I like that term, it's much more polite than making reference to a defecating male bovine)

"Briefing a President" conjures up an image of cake and cookies, coffee or tea, sitting by the fireside in the Oval Office chatting for a couple of hours, to let the President know important facts needed to steer the country.

In fact what happened is Greer sent faxed 200 pages of "position papers" to the White House marked attention: Mr. President.

It's probably fair to assume it went directly into the shredder.

...so the Moon is a spaceship?

I hope someone has briefed the President on this!

• Like 3

Deimos (1.471 g/cm3) must be another colossal base!, Ceres 2.077 g/cm3, 2 Pallas 2.8 g/cm3, etc, etc. Holy smeg! Asteroid belt is teeming with colossal bases! Not to mention Mars is super-duper colossal base too...

I'm glad that you liked that one.

I suppose if I wrote a letter to the White House advising them that the lawn needed to be mowed, I could claim to be a "White House Advisor"

If I also had a doctorate in basket weaving it would let me publish an article,

"Dr. Synchronomy, White House Advisor, to President Obama, states the the lawn needs to be mowed."

...so the Moon is a spaceship?

I hope someone has briefed the President on this!

Fred Singer was exactly what he claimed to be:

"Dr. S. Fred Singer is Research Fellow at The Independent Institute, Professor Emeritus of Environmental Sciences at the University of Virginia, President of the Science and Environmental Policy Project, a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and a Member of the International Academy of Astronautics. He received his Ph.D. in physics from Princeton University.

Dr. Singer has served as Vice Chairman of the National Advisory Committee on Oceans and Atmospheres; Chief Scientist for the U. S. Department of Transportation; Deputy Assistant Administrator at the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency; Deputy Assistant Secretary at the U. S. Department of the Interior; Dean of the School of Environmental and Planetary Sciences, University of Miami; (First) Director of the U. S. Weather Satellite Center; Director of the Center for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Maryland; and Research Physicist, Upper Atmospheric Rocket Program, Johns Hopkins University. He has also been a visiting scholar at the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology; National Air and Space Museum; Lyndon Baines Johnson School for Public Affairs, University of Texas; and the Soviet Academy of Sciences Institute for Physics of the Earth. He is the recipient of the White House Special Commendation, Gold Medal Award from the U.S. Department of Commerce, (First) Science Award from the British Interplanetary Society, and Honorary Doctorate from Ohio State University."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.org%2Faboutus%2Fperson_detail.asp%3Fid%3D496&ei=8CqEUJCHGYqC9QT6q4CoAg&usg=AFQjCNG2EUDj3MjcdXvi7zm5v0Q_JNy4rA&sig2=8AfZGNaGCJL066mQoWedpg

James R. Killian was Eisenhower's special assistant for science and technology in 1957-59, so he was also what the article said he was. Disagree with him or not, he cannot be written off as some random goofball, no more than Singer can.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibraries.mit.edu%2Fsites%2Fmithistory%2Finstitute%2Foffices%2Foffice-of-the-mit-president%2Fjames-rhyne-killian-1904-1988%2F&ei=UCyEUPCZCILK9QSLmYDwCg&usg=AFQjCNEww6b4mgwpYZMEgbw29w79wxaeUg&sig2=zzax-gnB54sWJ1AQcFZYGw

No one gets anywhere near the president of the U.S. if they do not pass a background check, so it's not that easy to brush off Singer and Killian as anonymous crackpots.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Jeez... :td:

This thread is basically gone...

Jeez... :td:

This thread is basically gone...

I think I did make the point that serious people have been saying for decades that moons could be artificial satellites constructed by someone. I think that's entirely possible.

MAcG dude ! Im taking you to the Moon ASAP Soon as Sir Branson gets a Tourist system in Place Im Going to Prove it ! Its a Hunk of Earth and Cosmo debris ! I can prove it !

Go to NASA.com :tu:

MAcG dude ! Im taking you to the Moon ASAP Soon as Sir Branson gets a Tourist system in Place Im Going to Prove it ! Its a Hunk of Earth and Cosmo debris ! I can prove it !

Go to NASA.com :tu:

I just sent him something the other day, but it had nothing to do with UFOs.

From the wiki it appears that the original calculation by Shklovsky was in error and Singers support was based on an if.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Singer

In 1960, Singer commented in an article in Astronautics on the hypothesis of Iosif Shklovsky (later mentioned in a 1966 book by Carl Sagan and Shklovsky)[31] that the orbit of the Martian moon Phobos suggests that it is hollow, which implies it is of artificial origin. Singer wrote: "My conclusion there is, and here I back Shklovsky, that if the satellite is indeed spiraling inward as deduced from astronomical observation, then there is little alternative to the hypothesis that it is hollow and therefore martian made. The big "if" lies in the astronomical observations; they may well be in error. Since they are based on several independent sets of measurements taken decades apart by different observers with different instruments, systematic errors may have influenced them."[32] Later measurements confirmed Singer's big "if" caveat: Shklovsky overestimated Phobos' rate of altitude loss due to bad early data.

The moon is a chunk of rock that may or may not have been part of Earth (although many people now believe it was) that is caught in Earth's orbit. Why do you think it's special in any way? Actually, no, it IS rather special in the fact that we have only ONE moon.

Mars has 2, Neptune has 8, Saturn has 18 (and 6 small satellites), Uranus has 21, Jupiter has 63 and Pluto has 3.

Come on guys, if you're going to start questioning some of the amazingly bizarre and wonderful things that happen in our universe please pick something more interesting than "Is the Moon a spaceship?" (for which the obvious answer would of course be: "No, you idiot. It's a Moon").

• Like 3

The moon is a chunk of rock that may or may not have been part of Earth (although many people now believe it was) that is caught in Earth's orbit. Why do you think it's special in any way? Actually, no, it IS rather special in the fact that we have only ONE moon.

Mars has 2, Neptune has 8, Saturn has 18 (and 6 small satellites), Uranus has 21, Jupiter has 63 and Pluto has 3.

Come on guys, if you're going to start questioning some of the amazingly bizarre and wonderful things that happen in our universe please pick something more interesting than "Is the Moon a spaceship?" (for which the obvious answer would of course be: "No, you idiot. It's a Moon").

Concur. I too think Insignia's suggestion would be good to take up and run with!

:tu: :tu: