Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Football, american style

snuffypuffer

Here's a thread for all the cats who like American football. Training camp's about to start, and I'm sure somebody has an opinion on something.

Like Ricky Williams retiring after, like, five seasons, the douche.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• ~Onyx~

• Super Pancake

• Finsup22

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

>_> if soccer is for wusses, then american football must be for pansies. Rugby, virtually the same game, the players wear no armor. Why is it the american footballers do? o_o;

great now this is gonna turn into a debate...they wear armor 'cause theres 400+ lb. guys running around crushing anyone they see

>_> the same as in rugby then. Except no armor.....american pansies...don't brake a nail..XD

Don't dis americans BA. Some of us are mods.

I actually think American football's a lot more physical than rugby...tackles are far more direct, and there's a whole lot more contact involved. In Rugby, tackles are usually just a case of grabbing the guy round the legs of the waist and pulling him down...you don't have people charging into you head on.

A friend of mine played for the football team in Uni for a while...he reported a long list of injuries ranging from a broken ankle to a dislocated shoulder. Granted, this is because he was a moron tongue.gif

I actually think American football's a lot more physical than rugby...tackles are far more direct, and there's a whole lot more contact involved. In Rugby, tackles are usually just a case of grabbing the guy round the legs of the waist and pulling him down..

You havn't watched a game in a while then have you Seraphina ?

Watch out for the new Pacific Island team , it hurts just to watch them .

Of course it's nothing the All Blacks and new team captain Tana Umanga can't handle . Have you ever seen Tana take a tackle ? or stood on the side lines as a herd of Rugby players literally thunder down the field . It vibrates all the way up through your knees twisting your stomach with excitement and resonates right out through your finger tips . There big fellas, I know, I've fed them .

P.S. sorry Snuffy for hijaking your glorius thread , it wont happen in future , unless of course somebody mentions the Netball wink2.gif

You havn't watched a game in a while then have you Seraphina ?

Nah, just our version tongue.gif Where there's far more running like hell and a whole lot less violence. I would certainly give our teams about five seconds against New Zealand or such like dontgetit.gif

got any info on the 49ers roster this up comming season? too lasy to look it up

The Niners are a bunch of sissy girls, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sorry to be the one to break this to you.

Wow, somebody actually posted on my thread, I was thinking I'd have to start talking to myself. Now I actually have to know what the hell I'm talking about. dontgetit.gif

i never really had my hopes up in the first place, i was just wondering (tis my moms fav team anyway) i personally dont have a favorite team, i just root for whos winning tongue.gif

I like the Steelers, personally, but I don't see them exactly setting the world on fire either.

I'm not dissing americans MC, i'm dissing your pansy american football players. o_o

I'm not dissing americans MC, i'm dissing your pansy american football players. o_o

try saying that to one of our pansy football players

Try telling Ray Lewis he's a pansy to his face! tongue.gif . Not that this is appropriate for anything currently going on in the NFL; but I'd like to take this opportunity to say..neener, neener!

Why?

Because I spent years watching my Patriots get stomped, and had to listen to everybody laugh and tell me that they'd never,ever win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. When they actually did it it was almost a sexual experience, I gotta tell ya..

Yeah, that sounds weird. But I live in New England, home of the "close but no cigar" style of sports..

good job for you man thumbsup.gif i was hoping they would win one too (id like to see every team in the NFL win a Super Bowl in my lifetime but i know thta wont happen, the browns suck too much)

Yeah, I'd like to see the Bengals and Saints win one too. But how likely is that?

More likely than Duece Staley being worth a crap, but that's just me.

try saying that to one of our pansy football players

I would, but i'm afraid to kick him in the nuts afterwards incase i break my foot on his cup.

I'm feeling team spirit! And slight chafing.. wink2.gif

I would, but i'm afraid to kick him in the nuts afterwards incase i break my foot on his cup.

w00t.gif Good one BA thumbsup.giflaugh.gif