Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Some Say Moon Photos Show Signs of Alien Life

mcrom901

We're all familiar with the phrase "the man in the moon," the idea that the full moon looks like a human face. But what about this far-out notion: Could there be aliens on the moon watching humankind from a relatively close distance?

That's a meaty question that brings out emotional responses from anyone you ask.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hazzard

• Space Commander Travis

• mcrom901

• bee

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got as far as the name Richard Hoagland and then it lost all credibility, What is aol news thinking?

Well I got as far as the name Richard Hoagland and then it lost all credibility, What is aol news thinking?

On the other hand... I sometimes like to imagine the sheer SIZE of the universe. I mean, when you look up at the stars, many of them are clustered together, right? And yet, each of them, if you were able to fly around up there, are are millions and millions of light years apart from each other. And beyond all that we, on this singular planet can see, is a stunning endless vastness we can only imagine.

To think that we're JUST the only beings in all of that (wether or not "REAL" green men have the ability to sit on their own back pation and watch all of us here on this blue marble or the only other intelligent life really is just a planet of mindless bugs) is just a bit closed minded. Hoagland and AOL news aside. :innocent:

Yea, thats a big fat RED FLAG, right there. :lol::yes:

Edited by Hazzard

On the other hand... I sometimes like to imagine the sheer SIZE of the universe. I mean, when you look up at the stars, many of them are clustered together, right? And yet, each of them, if you were able to fly around up there, are are millions and millions of light years apart from each other. And beyond all that we, on this singular planet can see, is a stunning endless vastness we can only imagine.

To think that we're JUST the only beings in all of that (wether or not "REAL" green men have the ability to sit on their own back pation and watch all of us here on this blue marble or the only other intelligent life really is just a planet of mindless bugs) is just a bit closed minded. Hoagland and AOL news aside. :innocent:

I dont thin k theres anyone here who thinks we are the only kind of life forms in the entire universe, In fact I think about everyone would agree that the possibility of life elsewhere is a given,

Believe me when I say that along with the many here I know all to well the shear vastness of the cosmos, Unconcievable to the human mind,

No one's claiming there isn't life out there in the universe.

Far from it, most scientists freely admit that in all likelihood there is life out there.

However... on the moon?

And Hoagland himself is...well... special.

Hoagland, a former NASA consultant and curator of astronomy and space science at the Springfield Science Museum in Springfield, Mass., was also a consultant to CBS News during the Apollo moon missions.

I did a check, can't see anywhere where he consulted for NASA, though he does make the claim, as well as several other seriously false claims.

He did consult for CBS, however, though Cronkite dismissed him as a nut.

Hoagland is a fellow who has been revealed several times by several different people as being at best loony, and at worst a purposeful con man.

Yea, thats a big fat RED FLAG, right there. :lol::yes:

Hey Haz I know this isn't really related unless we talk about moon veggies but did we ever come to a conclusion as to what color the moon is. I keep hearing that it's only the color it is because of our atmosphere.

As a rule, if a crackpot makes the same claims for more than 2 decades somehow he seems less a crackpot and able to be used as a name in news stories. Of course, that doesn't mean he is less a crackpot... just that to the mainstream he seems less of one.

Hey Haz I know this isn't really related unless we talk about moon veggies but did we ever come to a conclusion as to what color the moon is. I keep hearing that it's only the color it is because of our atmosphere.

That Moon veggie thread was a riot, dont you think :lol: I miss that guy. :lol:

As for the "real" color of the moon... This is from NASAs LRO site.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/lroc-20100910_color_moon.html

That Moon veggie thread was a riot, dont you think :lol: I miss that guy. :lol:

As for the "real" color of the moon... This is from NASAs LRO site.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/lroc-20100910_color_moon.html

That was a thread that will go down in UM history, it was an awesome thread lol

Thanks for the pic's Haz looks even prettier with the colors.

The article in mcrom'S OP also had stuff about Edgar Mitchell and there was Mike Singh's video..

But as always.... :lol: ....it looks like Richard Hoagland gets star-billing.... :P

Anyway....I've just spent a very pleasant evening with Richard...

And watched this....

2nd part and access to other parts...

He never fails to deliver..IMO.

Brilliant.

Some people here know I'm an admirer of Richard Hoagland...and nothing's changed... :)

I stumbled across this when I read the earlier comments and I was looking for something

else...enjoying someone's ideas doesn't mean that you instantly believe them. But it all

goes in the melting pot. IMO there is some pretty stunning stuff in the presentation.

Warning...

Only for the inquisitive.

Others need not bother.

:P

brain.jpg

Richards Brain...............rawr........... :geek::lol:

PS.....

This photo was in the presentaton....

obamaaztec-1.jpg

Is this a 'DISCLOSURE' image...? If you haven't seen the presentation you might not be able

to get what I mean properly.

Cheers for link mcrom

:D:rofl:

:rofl::D

:wub:

Takes bee by the hand for a training Dance aboard Sweetie since Mid is out on a Crew procurement

mission, An Looks for the Moon bases In the Holodeck! :rolleyes:

Trip the Life Fantastic bee ! We are only matter like this once in a Life time ! :rolleyes:

Takes bee by the hand for a training Dance aboard Sweetie since Mid is out on a Crew procurement

mission, An Looks for the Moon bases In the Holodeck! :rolleyes:

Trip the Life Fantastic bee ! We are only matter like this once in a Life time ! :rolleyes:

LOL....

Just noticed my post was number 11......

nice......

:su

"What NASA did not tell the American people is that it discovered the remains of an ancient lunar civilization, and to this day, that data and those artifacts have been withheld from the American people," <-- That is one hell of a statement!

How does he back it up? (sorry i can't look at up at the moment as I'm at work and every page is taking about 3 minutes to load)

I suppose he says this is the reason going to the moon stopped?

Edited by Paxus

Why can't this guy offer a set of co-ordinates where we can point our scopes at the moon and see for ourselves?

Ohhh .... yeah.... Hoagland :D

Very good question psyche101!

Does anyone know what the reply has been when people have asked proponents of this belief that very same question?

I also would like to know if UM have discussed all those alledged radio calls between astronauts (and sometimes back to earth/Houstan) which seem to be quite obviously discussing alient artifacts? If so, in a nutshell, what was the outcome? (Like what was the general concensus of the 'normal' UMers?)

This photo was in the presentaton....

obamaaztec-1.jpg

Is this a 'DISCLOSURE' image...? If you haven't seen the presentation you might not be able

to get what I mean properly.

:wub:

The ears, you mean? Yes, they do look a bit ET from that angle, don't they. You could be right.

The ears, you mean? Yes, they do look a bit ET from that angle, don't they. You could be right.

LOL

ET might not be the half of it... (disclosure) !!!!!! ??????

He seems to say just enough to titilate

He might actually make a good polititian one day- for one thing the money is better-- and yet I had heard that half of the time they spend in office is mostly used....getting re-elected

So maybe Hoagland prefers making his own hours LOL

And if I may.... I have a question

Hoagland seems to say that all this artifact stuff is close to the dark side of the moon which makes sense (in the way that it's tough to prove)

My question is of pure science... has there ever been a scientist who explained why the Moon ONLY shows us one side?

Doesn't that go against the laws of physics or the Universe that all objects should spin round and round while in orbit?

Are there any other moons within our little galaxy that don't rotate around their mother planets? (I know Jupiter and Saturn each have half a dozen moons...but how many of them don't rotate?--- and if not-- has it ever been explained why they DON'T???? I would love a link from someone here because thats always interested me)

sorry i repeated myself still getting used to these buttons and shiny objects

Edited by tuttle

My question is of pure science... has there ever been a scientist who explained why the Moon ONLY shows us one side?

Doesn't that go against the laws of physics or the Universe that all objects should spin round and round while in orbit?

I don't think it goes against any laws and isn't even rare. I think science is finding tidally-locked planets and moons are common.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hoagland seems to say that all this artifact stuff is close to the dark side of the moon which makes sense (in the way that it's tough to prove)

Are there any other moons within our little galaxy that don't rotate around their mother planets? (I know Jupiter and Saturn each have half a dozen moons...but how many of them don't rotate?--- and if not-- has it ever been explained why they DON'T???? I would love a link from someone here because thats always interested me)

I think it's because it rotates at the same speed as the earth, I think, so we always look at the same side of it, or something like thar, anyway. If it didn't rotate at all there'd be no gravity.

Here ya go tuttle, Everything you ever wanted to know about our solar system, Just click on the planet you wish to learn about and you can learn alot, You'll even find all the moons listed thats been discovered so far,

Enjoy:)

Nasa's planetary photojournal

Regards;

TFF

the pictures were really grainy and i couldn't really make out much, He may just be seeing what he wants to see, the castle was pretty cool but that could have been space trash?