Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The phillip experiment

NewMoon26

There are so many theories of what ghost could be. Most people agree that they are the spirit of a dead person, others think that ghost could be demons playing tricks on us and a few others think that maybe ghost are just people in a different time i.e they aren't really dead..if we assume that time is non-linear, everything is happening right now, the past, present and future occurs simultaneously so when we see ghost we are seeing things that happened or that will happen at some point in a possible future.

The last theory that could explain this phenomena is that our minds produced it. There was a very interesting experiment that could be a proof of this..it was called the Phillip experiment..where they provided some background story for an imaginary entity expecting for it to communicate, the funny thing that it did eventually...thus a ghost was created. This experiment have been repeated at least three times...the next one was called the Lilith experiment and the last one was the Skippy experiment:

philip1.jpg

The Skippy Experiment

Recently, another group of eight in Australia, under the guidance of paranormal researcher Michael Williams, tried to reproduce the phenomenon that took place during the Philip experiments. They rigidly adhered to the guidelines set down by the previous experimenters, even creating their own imaginary ghost.

Their fictional character was Skippy Cartman. She was a 16-year-old that lived near Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia. She attended Catholic school and developed a crush on her teacher, Brother Monk. The two carried on a secret love affair that might have lasted had it not been for the unexpected pregnancy. When the holy man learned of her condition, he strangled her and hid her body under the floorboards of a shack on her parent’s property. By the time investigators found her body, the murderer had been moved to another perish far away.

The group met once a week for five months but saw no results. Frustrated, they dispensed with the agency Skippy and began setting around a light, three-leg card table. Success! The first night, they heard a light tapping noise from somewhere inside the table. The second sitting brought startling results, as well. After 15 minutes, the table began to move seemingly of its own accord. Soon, it was spinning around, balanced on one leg, dragging participants behind it.

There are some accounts of people through time that have created entities with pure will power. These entities are called thought-forms or tulpas. A Thoughtform may be understood as a 'psychospiritual' complex of mind, energy or consciousness manifested either consciously or unconsciously, by a sentient being or in concert.

One of these accounts come from a person named Alexandra David Neel:

When Alexandra David-Neel journeyed through Tibet, one of the many mystical techniques she studied was that of tulpa creation. A tulpa, according to traditional Tibetan doctrines, is an entity created by an act of imagination, rather like the fictional characters of a novelist, except that tulpas are not written down. David-Neel became so interested in the concept that she decided to try to create one.

The method involved was essentially intense concentration and visualization. David-Neel's tulpa began its existence as a plump, benign little monk, similar to Friar Tuck. It was at first entirely subjective, but gradually, with practice, she was able to visualize the tulpa out there, like an imaginary ghost flitting about the real world.

In time the vision grew in clarity and substance until it was indistinguishable from physical reality-a sort of self-induced hallucination. But the day came when the hallucination slipped from her conscious control. She discovered that the monk would appear from time to time when she had not willed it. Furthermore her friendly little figure was slimming down and taking on a distinctly sinister aspect.

Eventually her companions, who where unaware of the mental disciplines she was practicing, began to ask about the "stranger" who had turned up in their camp-a clear indication that a creature which was no more that solidified imagination had definite objective reality.

At this point, David-Neel decided things had gone too far and applied different lamaist techniques to reabsorb the creature into her own mind. The tulpa proved very unwillling to face destruction in this way so that the process took several weeks and left its creator exhausted.

There are a few more stories that have some connection with this topic:

Also worthy of consideration is the fact that ghosts are not limited to apparitions of the dead but also of the living. For instance when Terry Waite was held hostage in Beirut, he often liked to imagine places back home that he felt especially attached to. The astonishing thing is that on numerous occasions during his captivity at least two people recall seeing a ghost like figure of Terry Waite walking in these same locations.

Do you think is possible to create beings that can be seen by others and can communicate and interact physically with us?

What do you think is the most possible explanation for ghost or maybe they are all correct somehow?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual Particle

• NewMoon26

• Agent. Mulder

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think is possible to create beings that can be seen by others and can communicate and interact physically with us?

What do you think is the most possible explanation for ghost or maybe they are all correct somehow?

Tuplas though are supposedly real i believe. As if something is physically willed into existence, which i believe is impossible. However, it is possible, and similar to the experiments you mentioned, where people will Start to believe something or make it real in their minds when it clearly is not.

Great example of Darren Brown doing it. Now, its not super related but the people basically cheat and Assume this place is "haunted". So, its possible people would hear something like this and run with it.

This has actually been around for a while an issue being that the unconscious factors involved in Psi ability are so repressed in the human psyche? They actually function better in an adept when they take a position akin to the third person..which is experienced in dreams...in this case the effort was to take things to another level in generating a false ghost...I feel it is an interesting experience to try..

Tuplas though are supposedly real i believe. As if something is physically willed into existence, which i believe is impossible. However, it is possible, and similar to the experiments you mentioned, where people will Start to believe something or make it real in their minds when it clearly is not.

Great example of Darren Brown doing it. Now, its not super related but the people basically cheat and Assume this place is "haunted". So, its possible people would hear something like this and run with it.

Thanks for sharing the video. I don't doubt that there are a lot of people that cheat...in fact I believe that true gifted people can't use their abilities whenever they want to or if they do they don't form a circus around them. We will be more closer to figure the truth of these experiences if people were always honest.

This has actually been around for a while an issue being that the unconscious factors involved in Psi ability are so repressed in the human psyche? They actually function better in an adept when they take a position akin to the third person..which is experienced in dreams...in this case the effort was to take things to another level in generating a false ghost...I feel it is an interesting experience to try..

I think the same thing too. In that experiment we could include some skeptics in the group and bring some people that don't know about the purpose of the experiment.

From Falthin...

I think the same thing too. In that experiment we could include some skeptics in the group and bring some people that don't know about the purpose of the experiment.

I find that something I could get involved in