Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Democratic National Convention

gsr

I heard something about Kerry on the radio today,

I see a trend...

I heard something the other day...

I figured out what bugs me about your posts Babs, it is that you choose information that is second or third-hand information at best and then pass it along as if it were true...rumors or stories from unknown sources.

Kind of like this:

I heard that Bush was ahead from coast to coast...

-oh really, where did you hear that?

CNN, just a couple nights ago...

-oh really, I just searched through dozens of polls including the CNN site itself and it says that it is a dead head at this point...

Nope, Bush is definately ahead coast to coast, I heard it again last night...

-Could you help me out and point me to this poll, I spent a lot of time looking and can't seem to find any poll that says anything of the sort...

It is true, Bush is ahead! Go Republicans, yay!

-A little help here Babs, a link maybe?

If I find something I will be sure to post it, but Bush is ahead coast to coast

***Cricket chirps, time passes***

It is true, Bush is ahead! Go Republicans, yay!

You have the right to do as you please, and can post whatever makes you happy, but I think that those kinds of posts really make it hard to believe you when you do "Hear something about somebody". Most people here work hard to find sources for their material. An opinion is an opinion and that is fine, but presenting an opinion as a fact is something different entirely. I agree with you on some things that you say and not on others, which is great but I have to say that I find your unsupported posting a bit frustrating.

Am I being out of line here? Am I the only one who thinks this?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Fluffybunny

• AWARE

• Dancing_Dumplings

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, they supposedly, ate. Kerry threw the Wendy's food out and ordered from a five star restaurant down the road called the 'Newburg Yaucht Club'. That was the real Kerry and Edwards family meal. This guy can't even eat with the commoners. They say he has a butler that follows him around with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at all times...whenever 'Master Kerry' feels like a peanut butter jelly sandwich this guy is on the 'ready'.

I just wanted to say here, that if he did do this, it really isn't something that is politically damaging. So he didn't eat the greasy muck they serve at Wendy's. ? Shows, in my opinion, he has some taste and concern with what he eats.. It doesn't scream to me, "I cannot eat with the commoners!!". I am sure he wouldn't stop anyone else from ordering from the Yacht Club, provided they don't do a dine and dash, and stick him with the check... wink2.giftongue.gif

I say, he can afford it, look at who he is sleeping next to, so go for it!

Now, I definately have to go check out the other threads here, looks like some of you have been busy.... ohmy.gifdontgetit.gif

Reese

Are any of the countries outside the US really looking at the DNC with any interest? Who and why do you think so?

to answer the original question, no.

i tune in from time to time to pick up on the ridiculous crap,

like the wendy's thing, and the picture at nasa, and the peanut butter and

jelly sandwich, if i was there then this kinda stuff might interst me.

but i'm not, i'll tune in, in november, if bush lets you guys have an election,

and see who won. but then, and i could be misunderstanding your political system here, it doesn't matter does it, because it's all about who has control of the senate.

it's all too confusing, and a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Fluffy, don't know what to say to you. rolleyes.gif You don't have to believe what I say ... but just because 'you' don't believe me, doesn't mean it isn't true. And, I hope you don't want me to stop contributing? dontgetit.gif ....I contribute the best way I know how.

You have your own agenda and when someone else doesn't agree with you or are on an entirely different program, you bulk. disgust.gif

I heard something negative about Kerry on the radio and Kellalor posted the info. ...data backing it up. I didn't have the data....but there you are...it's true. wink2.gif Just like what I heard on CNN. It's true what I heard and stellar heard something too, but you choose to blackball me. Grow up.

Frankly, I'm tired of jumping through your hoops.

Frankly, I'm tired of jumping through your hoops.

I've never seen so much as a hop...although the hoops are not mine...

That must mean something deeply esoteric. rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Hardly esoteric Babs.

Babs: Frankly, I'm tired of jumping through your hoops.

Fluffy: I've never seen so much as a hop.

Jumping through your hoops>Never seen so much as a hop...

Jumping>Hop

-or-

Try>Not Try

Is this making sense?

As for who's hoops they are, they aren't mine. Commonly folks here back up their claims or facts with data, usually in the form of a link. Facts and Opinions are two different things. You present opinions as facts. Hence my post.

It doesn't really matter, anyway. Bush is going to find some way of keeping him President. Whether it's another meaningless war based on false intelligence, or more ignored information that leads to another terrorist attack, he'll screw America over again. And again. And any country that doesn't already despise us will.

"Nobody wants to be the `war president,'" Bush told supporters at an "Ask the President" event in this swing state, one of two on the day's itinerary. "I want to be the `peace president.'"

--George W. Bush, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 7-20-04

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind."
George W. Bush, NBC's 'Meet the Press', 2-8-04

No, Bush doesn't flip-flop at all.

That's not flip flopping. He never said he wasn't the war president, he just said no one wants to be one.

It doesn't really matter, anyway. Bush is going to find some way of keeping him President. Whether it's another meaningless war based on false intelligence, or more ignored information that leads to another terrorist attack, he'll screw America over again. And again. And any country that doesn't already despise us will.

"Nobody wants to be the `war president,'" Bush told supporters at an "Ask the President" event in this swing state, one of two on the day's itinerary. "I want to be the `peace president.'"

--George W. Bush, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 7-20-04

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind."
George W. Bush, NBC's 'Meet the Press', 2-8-04

No, Bush doesn't flip-flop at all.

hahah thats funny, perhaps you should learn to read or something

i think for the sake of me being a dick, i'm going to have to explain it to you (simply because i'm a dick tongue.gif )

Bush states that he doesn't want to be the 'war president', thats right, he actually wishes he was the 'peace president', following?

ok in the next statement, he says, 'I'm a war president' ie he's a president during war time, because of this when making foreign policy decisions he has to take into account the war(s) currently occuring (care to supply a link with the full transcription so i can see how out of context that quote is taken? wink2.gif )

in no way do either quote contradict eachother, thankyou please come again

I heard something about Kerry on the radio today, Kellalor. grin2.gif It seems that the group stopped at Wendy's (remember when Kerry talked to the disguntled marines?) and ate. Well, they supposedly, ate. Kerry threw the Wendy's food out and ordered from a five star restaurant down the road called the 'Newburg Yaucht Club'.

The point the radio anchor made was that Kerry is a phoney. The Viet Nam veterans that served with him, said that he can't be trusted sad.gif ... They also talked about his lies and deceit.

The trip to Wendys was in celebration of the Edwards' anniversary. It was their tradition. Personally, if I could order a 5-star meal with less grease and grime, heck, I would in a heartbeat! It's ridiculous to discredit him on his choice of food! I mean, no offense, but I find that a really stupid reason to use in a vain attempt to discredit someone. . . . . .

I would also know who supposedly served with him who stated "he can't be trusted" and described him as lying and deceitful. I would much MUCH rather listen to the men who served on his long boat with him, not because of what they say, but because I trust their oppinions of their commander. They were the closest to him in the most dire times. And all that I have heard from, the majority of his crew (I believe), have all spoken of him with great respect and almost awe.

Besides, you don't even have a name to your mystery veteran.

And about the friggin' flip-flops. . . . . .I wish people would stop trying to simplify complex issues. What most people don't seem to realize about the creation of laws: even if the main item in a bill is an important one in need of support, there are a lot of extra, smaller, sometimes unrelated things attached to them. If you do not support all of what the bill says, it is not necissarily right to vote for it. Also, the political legal language of a bill may not suffice: extensive loopholes, additions to the original goal of the bill. . . . . It is not a simple, one-item yes or no. I say this based on my parents knowlege of law (my father ran for Mayor in Indiana and served in Indiana government, particularly on the formation and language of laws).

The trip to Wendys was in celebration of the Edwards' anniversary. It was their tradition. Personally, if I could order a 5-star meal with less grease and grime, heck, I would in a heartbeat! It's ridiculous to discredit him on his choice of food! I mean, no offense, but I find that a really stupid reason to use in a vain attempt to discredit someone. . . . .

LOL you have no idea the amount of ridiculous posts that kellalor posts in this fashion. NO IDEA lol.

ANd you have no idea how much babs comments as if they were great reasons not to vote for someone.

Wasnt it churchill who said "never trust a man who wont eat in a wendy's". tongue.giftongue.gif ?

The thing that worries me is that a LOT of Americans seem to vote through these daft reasons lol.

WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????

...Um...I am serious about this, no right wing hype. My feeling on Kerry is that if a man tells the world he's going to eat with you at Wendy's and he wants the world to see him with the people at Wendy's, why does he shove the food into a dumpster on his way out? sad.gif Why does he head for a five star restaurant, instead? blink.gif

I remember reading an article and watching on tv, about Bush going to a 'little' down home 'rib-eatin style' restaurant in New Mexico. He sat and ate with the people. He ate with them... and answered their questions.

No, this is disturbing. Any psychologist will tell you that behavior or what a person does, here, he will do over there...... an act of behavior doesn't exist in a vacumn. People have patterns and Kerry's patterns don't look good. Look at his record in the senate...look at his stance on defense. It seems that we don't really know the real John Kerry.

He will do the same thing in other areas of life...Kerry will flip-flop.

He isn't connecting with the people.

Yes, we should choose the leader of the free world by his choice of a dining establishment... rolleyes.gif

I know you are looking for reasons to dislike kerry, but isn't this a bit thin?

Really, I don't even know if the story went down as you claimed it did(Second and third hand stories filtered through political motivations), but even if it did, so what?

You don't even know what was going on, maybe he had another meeting in the other retaurant, maybe he didn't even like Wendys', who knows? who cares?

Are people around here so shallow that they are going to make a decision of a president based on a trip to a restaurant and a goofy NASA photo?

I guess so.

The dining establishment is irrelevant

in terms of specificity.

What IS relevant though is the CHARACTER FLAW

of which situations such as these expose.

I think that is the point Babs was making.

Edited by AWARE

Yes, thank you, AWARE, that is exactly the point I was making.

And, Fluffy, you always have to debate or contradict what I say and you 'know' what I am talking about. I could say to you, "You misssssssed the point!" rolleyes.gif.. cool.gif .......but then again, you usually do. laugh.gif

Edited by Babs

"You misssssssed the point!" .. .......but then again, you usually do.

The point is that you are basing your judgement of the situation on thirdhand(at best) knowledge coming from unknown source with dubious intentions.

As long as something fits your motives, you will accept it as gospel and pass it along as such without consideration of the truth of the matter.

Truth often seems to take a backseat to your intentions.

And you do it a lot.

That is not right.

I was telling my college age cousin about John Titor, the so called time traveler and his predictions about the upcoming elections. She says

oh I could see a cival war or a world war III happening if this psycho vet John Kerry got nominated, this conversation was last winter and I didn't even know who Kerry was, I have to admit that I don't pay much attention to politics. But now I'm thinking either one gets nominated, we are still doomed. I have this special, super sonic laser that will you get out of it and it only costs...

SRiver... you accuse me or people of simplifying things...why don't you stop complicating things?

And if you would do as Kerry did and lie to the public about his food choice and restaurant, then you don't have any values, either.

So John Kerry doesn't like Wendy's? And he took a tour of a NASA facility? And this somehow makes him a dubious person? Man, you pro Bush lot are really reaching.

And if you would do as Kerry did and lie to the public about his food choice and restaurant, then you don't have any values, either

Stone the evil liar........

To hell with unjust wars and killing THOUSANDS of innocent people

That b**** just lied about the type of orderve he likes .........................

His political ideaologies and policies are tarnished with the blood of all the innocent wendy worker's pride.

I think we've found another stalin here babs.

OK, gotta give it to you Wun, that was pretty funny... grin2.gif

Not all Bush supporters are reaching to the extent of others', Snuffs...

I am quite sure that President Bush loves him some fried chicken, now I highly doubt we would ever see him getting a bucket from KFC.... blink.gifwhistling2.gif

Their food choices make no difference to me. Pres. Bush went on my hubby's ship some time back, and you could completely tell that while he was supposed to be eating in the mess decks with the sailors, he was choking down that disgusting food the entire time.. Who could blame him?? Everyone thought it was funny. (But, important enough to class as a character flaw, absolutely not)

Reese

A character flaw if deceit is the motive.

Anyone's candidate pick is their own business.

If some cannot make the distinction between

irrelevence and issues of character then I hope

these are the ones who stay home on election day.

For me this has little to do with the individual.

I do not care whether it was Bush or Kerry in the public

eye concerning the Wendy's fiasco. Eat where you want

but don't mislead the potential voters with delusions of

commonality and the "I'm one of you" philosophy.

Any candidate should adhere to these substantive principles.

If you have substance...It will reveal itself naturally.

If you portray a false persona of credulity...subsequent behavoiur

often reveals itself as well.

As I've said... this applies to all candidates.

Whether a Bush supporter - or a Kerry supporter - other...

Your choice is strictly up to you. Don't get caught up in

the old trap of political biasness.

Don't be influenced by the media and others.

Think for yourself

Edited by AWARE

AWARE wrote:

If some cannot make the distinction between irrelevence and issues of character then I hope these are the ones who stay home on election day

If you portray a false persona of credulity...subsequent behavior often reveals itself as well.

If you have substance... It will reveal itself naturally.

Well said!

They just don't get it, AWARE.

Well said!

They just don't get it, AWARE.

WTF Babs do u tie yourself in knots.

It was you who practically compared kerry to heinrech Himmler for changing resteraunts lol.