Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sakari

Hiroshima -vs- Detroit , 64 years later....

8 posts in this topic

Never even thought of this until a recent email...........On the link at bottom it says " who won the war"...I do not like that , the one I recieved said " US Polotics hurt more than a Atomic Bomb".....

64 years later

Edited by Sakari

How can anyone compare the two? Japan's technology and architecture is their newest heritage. I can't imagine that Detroit fits in that scenario. Trust me I've been to Rock City, it's not the type of place where you would expect major leaps in technology and architecture. It's not even a place that tourists would or should visit.

Plus, you also have to think of the motivation behind rebuilding Hiro and making it a desirable place to live! Also, the people have a sense of achievement. Detroit was the murder capital of the US for some time. New York City would be the obvious choice for a comparison. IMO. :)

Edit; I am quite impressed with Hiroshima's achievements, to say the least!

Edited by Mentalcase

How can anyone compare the two? Japan's technology and architecture is their newest heritage. I can't imagine that Detroit fits in that scenario. Trust me I've been to Rock City, it's not the type of place where you would expect major leaps in technology and architecture. It's not even a place that tourists would or should visit.

Plus, you also have to think of the motivation behind rebuilding Hiro and making it a desirable place to live! Also, the people have a sense of achievement. Detroit was the murder capital of the US for some time. New York City would be the obvious choice for a comparison. IMO. :)

Edit; I am quite impressed with Hiroshima's achievements, to say the least!

No way you watched that video before your response :)

It is making a point , as I said , I can't find one like I recieved...Instead of " Who won the War"......replace it with.....

What has caused more long term destruction ...

the A-bomb or U. S. politics?

Once the US realizes that they have to rebuild due to a political self mutilating regime they will be strong again. Till then America will be weak. Hiding behind a military that once was the envy of all others goes only so far. The fall and rise will be a scary thing but hopefully the corruption, and the cancer will be cured by the time America wants to rise again. The fall of the US will hurt us all no matter where you live and we will miss them as we will remember.

I see Sakari. Yes, I did not watch the video! You caught me! LoL. I did however, look at the provided link. The pictures, etc.

I agree that the US is way behind on rebuilding with the intention of making some type of impression on the modern world. Politics are so nasty in my country. It's rather disgusting. Congrats to Hiro for showing initiative after being destroyed. ^_^

It seems to be a video comparing the downtown "tourist trap" area of Hiroshima to abandoned houses and buildings in the Detroit area, some of those houses look almost rural if you look at the background. The US does have many beautiful cities, although most cant compete with the impressive Japanese architecture, when it comes to engineering these people are on the top of their game.

The US city that is in the worst shape and in need of renovation is Washingtom D.C.

Detroit is Hiroshima without the bomb :no:

It is very sad, to say the least. Sure we could put up some pictures of our best looking cities as a rebuttal, but to what end. NY? Denver? Salt Lake? No matter what image we put up you will still see a festering wound. As a people we need to understand that we are not the worlds standard anymore. You cant go blame one bad president for the problems we face. There has been a constant deflocking of our country since I was a child. Ole Ronny was president then. In all my years, we have always been trying to solve the rest of the world issues. Where has it gotten us? Are we safe? safer? No we are paranoid, and jobless. The rich become richer, and middle class is slowly disappearing. And we are ruled by money hungry corporations who do not care about us, or the envrionment. They suppress good technology for bad, at least until THEY see some way they could make a profit. What did happen to the electric car? (good video on Utube if anyone wants to check it out) And what sense does this make... a city is growing, so they raise the price of power? Maybe Im wrong, but doesn't more demand, mean more supply, mean more money without raising prices? Watch the news sometime, they make all this seem like it is for the good of the people. Like we should welcome higher prices. Just recently on Public Radio, the government was complaining because inflation was not rising. In fact they were calling it a deflation, and everyone was up in arms. How greedy can you get? People dont have jobs for F....sakes. Remember when you could get a Value meal for three buck? Now its seven. Remember when you could buy a coke from a machine for a fifty cents or less? Now its over a buck. To use an ATM, to get your OWN money out of a machine, it can cost up to three dollars or more. When did machines start earning minimum wage? And this is all just in MY lifetime. Yeah we are in a very sad state indeed. Sorry I'll get off my soapbox now!

Edited by zenfahr