Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two F-14s kidnapped by UFO near Puerto Rico

AH-64Apache

Has already been done by me and no..none were missing or written off as lost on that date. Besides, as Merc said and I concur nobody is flying during the Christmas break except those who are deployed. My last workup we did in the Puerto Rico area in December 1995 we were back in VA by the 20th for Christmas break. We then deployed around Jan 5th or so on the George Washington to the Gulf. I was in VF-143 then.

I suspect a lot of (most) military UFO stores are made-up just like this one appears to be. UFO storytellers could not ask for a safer premise on which to spin fiction. When the facts don't support their stories, they simply claim it is all part of a cover-up and the government is hiding key evidence.

Anyway, thanks for the expert insight and background on this. It was an interesting read.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

I suspect a lot of (most) military UFO stores are made-up just like this one appears to be. UFO storytellers could not ask for a safer premise on which to spin fiction. When the facts don't support their stories, they simply claim it is all part of a cover-up and the government is hiding key evidence.

Anyway, thanks for the expert insight and background on this. It was an interesting read.

There are some legitimate ones out there with good supporting documentation such as military records, ect. This story though as we all know is fantasy.

I did hear from the original poster of the story a few days ago..he gave me his version which I am pasting below:

Thank you for your response to the message I sent you with some of `the details I had on the Dec. 28, 1988 incident pertaining to the encounter of the US jetfighters with the huge triangle-shaped, during which they dissapeared, allegedly taken by the UFO.

However, I must tell you that I was surprised by your attitude and your almost insulting way of saying things.

Everything I told you about the data I gathered the night of the incident is based on what official sources in the FAA in San Juan, Rossevelt Roads Naval Station, FURA, and other sources told me personally, so I'm not writing a fantasy book, as you stated, those are facts.

Also, there were some 300 people who witnessed the event.

Other things are still being checked out, some of which I did not tell you about, and I'm glad I did not, because your attitude does not portray you as a person to be trusted.

Again, thank you for your response.

Sincerely,

Jorge Martín

That was his second email after I called BS to him...first email he sent me was this...

his is an excerpt from a book I'm currently writing on the many UFO /alien related events which have occurred in the south-western region of Puerto Rico, including the incidents in which several US jetfighters were allegedly captured by huge triangle-shaped and oval-shaped UFOs.

Some of the data might help you with your research. I've also included an article by Mr. Allan Caviness, an ex US Navy officer who was at Roosevelt Roads Naval Station, in Ceiba, and verified with his personal knowledge that the December 28, 1988 incident did happen.

The names of US pilots included in the short article published in The Hook magazine, might also be of help to you as to identify the group of jets involved and the US NAVY carrier to which they belonged.

Please let me know if you find anything.

Sincerely,

Jorge Martín

He then attaches a document with about five pages of witness testimony: Here is an excerpt:

Later on, we received information from a source in the US Navy that the carrier stationed in the area by the end of year 1988, and carrier of the jets involved in the incident was the AMERICA, Airwing CVW-1, with F-14 Tomcats Squadrons VF-33 and VF-102.

The source said that according to an analysis of special US Navy computerized inventory records, squadron VF-33 had lost 2 F-14 Tomcat Jets in the area, and the VF-102 squadron had lost 4 F-14 Tomcat Jets.

He also stated the AMERICA carrier was moved out from the Puerto Rico area right after the incident, and another carrier was sent here.

In total, six F-14 Tomcat Jets allegedly were reported as missing in the files.

Allegedly, according to the records the first two F-14s were lost in October 2, 1988, and the other four were reported lost in the last days of year 1988.

If this is correct, then there were other possible such incidents in Octo-ber of that same year in the area of Puerto Rico we didn’t know about, but the four declared lost by the end of year 1988 could very well be the two that disappeared during the event of Dec. 28, 1988, plus maybe the third jet seen fleeing the area being chased by the ‘balls of red light’, and also another jet that was allegedly captured, according to several witnesses,by a huge oval-shaped luminous UFO in sector La Tea, in the municipality of the town of San Germán.

Unknown to us at the moment, this other incident had already occurred 43 days before, on wednesday November 16, 1988, at 9:00 p.m.

So anyway's..he doesn't like me now because I called booey shitteeee on his soon to be released new book with this crap in it..

• Like 1

There are some legitimate ones out there with good supporting documentation such as military records, ect. This story though as we all know is fantasy.

I did hear from the original poster of the story a few days ago..he gave me his version which I am pasting below:

So anyway's..he doesn't like me now because I called booey shitteeee on his soon to be released new book with this crap in it..[/font][/font]

Wow, someone who writes like that is writing a book? Amazing. Also, if he feels what you said is insulting he is in for a shock should he find a publisher. I suggest he purchase some asbestos underwear in advance.

Edited by sinewave

I enjoy threads like this where people with actual personal knowledge and experience get involved. When you've read enough online BS, you start to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff and in this thread I get the impression that posters like Jeepguy2014 and Merc14 know what they're talking about. Their posts have the feel of guys who have walked the walk and talked the talk of being actually involved with US Navy aviation and thus can speak from personal knowledge about how things work in that world.

I know nothing about that myself, but I think I can tell the guys who know what they're talking about from the pretenders who don't. I think I have an eye for differentiating the BSers from the real deal who know what they're talking about.

I enjoy threads like this where people with actual personal knowledge and experience get involved. When you've read enough online BS, you start to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff and in this thread I get the impression that posters like Jeepguy2014 and Merc14 know what they're talking about. Their posts have the feel of guys who have walked the walk and talked the talk of being actually involved with US Navy aviation and thus can speak from personal knowledge about how things work in that world.

I know nothing about that myself, but I think I can tell the guys who know what they're talking about from the pretenders who don't. I think I have an eye for differentiating the BSers from the real deal who know what they're talking about.

There are a LOT of fakers out there but I think the Tomcat community was a rather unique group with a unique personality and you can tell pretty quickly whether someone is faking or not. Jeepguy knows what I am talking about and it is hard to describe but it is there. Anything built by Grumman ironworks had certain tendencies that only a person intimately familiar with the beast would be aware of, thing you don't read on a spec sheet.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

There are a LOT of fakers out there but I think the Tomcat community was a rather unique group with a unique personality and you can tell pretty quickly whether someone is faking or not. Jeepguy knows what I am talking about and it is hard to describe but it is there. Anything built by Grumman ironworks had certain tendencies that only a person intimately familiar with the beast would be aware of, thing you don't read on a spec sheet.

Such as if its leaking fluid its thumbs up for flight..right Merc..lol

• Like 1

Such as if its leaking fluid its thumbs up for flight..right Merc..lol

Well there goes one secret. :w00t: Yeah, if you walk up to a Grumman bird and she isn't dripping, stand by for trouble. All double entendres are acceptable. My defense was hey, these things love to fly, unlike the USAF divas and the seals dry out if they aren't being pushed hard.

I was skeds in my first squadron and we did a lot of work out west as 4th gen for the ascot wearers and those guys were always amazed at the amount of hours we got out of our jets. I always blamed it on our troops who fixed the toys so the little boys could fly. Of course, I have had more than one sailor tell me "I wouldn't fly that thing, sir, because I know who fixes it." :tu: I always made it home in one piece, be it mother or NTU, and you guys were the reason.

They got rid of them because of the high maintenance but man, you couldn't ask for better troops. I remember getting pulled off the cat on a high priority, lot's of senior eyes event because a computer was bad (it was the one on the right side, just aft of the RIO up in the turtleback) in a driving rain with at least 20 knots of ship's wind over the deck added in. Seemed like it had 30 calfax fittings. Anyways, an AE got up there and pulled that box out, slipped a new one in, sealed us up and I begged boss to shoot us and we made the launch. I was sitting there in my dry cockpit watching this guy work in the most extreme conditions (wind, rain, cold, pitching deck, massive pressure from the boss) and thinking who is the pro here? Roger never bought a beer around me again and that boy could drink.

Edited by Merc14

Well there goes one secret. :w00t: Yeah, if you walk up to a Grumman bird and she isn't dripping, stand by for trouble. All double entendres are acceptable. My defense was hey, these things love to fly, unlike the USAF divas and the seals dry out if they aren't being pushed hard.

I was skeds in my first squadron and we did a lot of work out west as 4th gen for the ascot wearers and those guys were always amazed at the amount of hours we got out of our jets. I always blamed it on our troops who fixed the toys so the little boys could fly. Of course, I have had more than one sailor tell me "I wouldn't fly that thing, sir, because I know who fixes it." :tu: I always made it home in one piece, be it mother or NTU, and you guys were the reason.

They got rid of them because of the high maintenance but man, you couldn't ask for better troops. I remember getting pulled off the cat on a high priority, lot's of senior eyes event because a computer was bad (it was the one on the right side, just aft of the RIO up in the turtleback) in a driving rain with at least 20 knots of ship's wind over the deck added in. Seemed like it had 30 calfax fittings. Anyways, an AE got up there and pulled that box out, slipped a new one in, sealed us up and I begged boss to shoot us and we made the launch. I was sitting there in my dry cockpit watching this guy work in the most extreme conditions (wind, rain, cold, pitching deck, massive pressure from the boss) and thinking who is the pro here? Roger never bought a beer around me again and that boy could drink.

Been there and done that a few times on the flightdeck ...usually for a hot air complaint which was usually a bad controller in the cockpit...had a number of aircrew assist repairs to get that bird in the air..losing cooling air in flight makes for a very uncomfortable ride home :yes:

Now if those Nasal Aspirators could learn to fly helicopters properly, like the Army does, they would be doing OK. :tu: