Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apollo 11 post-flight press conference

SolarPlexus

But quillius, Apollo 11 was broadcasted live from start to finish, with amateur radio enthusiasts listening in to the raw signals. There was pretty much no room for secrecy here.

BertL, hello, I am just trying to say, in my opinion based on simply reading people why they speak, I feel there is something hidden. As I said I am not implying ET, I just think there was a feeling of great discomfort and this was due to what was/was not being said. However, all I have is my opinion and therefore MID's explanation has to be the one we accept with regards to the discomfort being brought on by their hate of public speaking.

To be honest I have not seen much footage or researched the topic at all, it does fascinate me though and I am always curious about most monumental events, so i will surely learn more here on UM...

Night before last ,i showed this image to Maxime ,25 years old ,graduate in math...he knew these people but i didn't tell him about which event it was ...he said " looking worried" When i told about post flight p.c. He was...just speach less.

So am I...

:unsure:

RAMBALDI- my conscious never allows me to invent fouls events...

Sure, that's what I would say too.

Seriously can you really not understand the rather simple concept that "an anonymous friend thought it should have looked otherwise" is simply no evidence?

Seriously can you really not understand the rather simple concept that "an anonymous friend thought it should have looked otherwise" is simply no evidence?

I put a very low probability on getting an answer to that question.

LOW: < 5% chance, maximum.

;)

Sure, that's what I would say too.

Sure I do understand …but not a single person have said that they looked happy or in comfortable situation…to me they look no different then PEOPLE THOSE ARE KEPT ON GUN POINT (by AK-47s) BY TERRORISTS…AND DONT KNOW WHETHER THEY WILL BE ALIVE OR NOT NEXT HOURS.

Edited by rajeev shagun

Sure I do understand …but not a single person have said that they looked happy or in comfortable situation…to me they look no different then PEOPLE THOSE ARE KEPT ON GUN POINT (by AK-47s) BY TERRORISTS…AND DON’T KNOW WHETHER THEY WILL BE ALIVE OR NOT NEXT HOURS.

That is the most ridiculous observation I have ever heard. Words fail me.

Edited by Obviousman

Sure I do understand …but not a single person have said that they looked happy or in comfortable situation…to me they look no different then PEOPLE THOSE ARE KEPT ON GUN POINT (by AK-47s) BY TERRORISTS…AND DON’T KNOW WHETHER THEY WILL BE ALIVE OR NOT NEXT HOURS.

Seriously? You mean they don't look like they are tired and not looking forward to a worldwide speaking tour?

AK-47's? Really?

I'm stealing this video link from bee... but I don't think there has ever been a more appropriate place for it than right here right now. :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mouaGcXxoM&feature=player_embedded

…to me they look no different then PEOPLE THOSE ARE KEPT ON GUN POINT (by AK-47s) BY TERRORISTS…AND DON’T KNOW WHETHER THEY WILL BE ALIVE OR NOT NEXT HOURS.

Since they look like that to you (and of course, I am sure you have vast experience in witnessing people in those circumstances ( :wacko: )), then I assume that we must now all agree with your assessment that they're hiing something, are being told what to say, and they faked the whole thing!

I think I get it.

I was going to ask, "So what if you think so?"

But it's pointles, I realize.

This line of discussion is one of the most ridiculous I've seen in a while...

Since they look like that to you (and of course, I am sure you have vast experience in witnessing people in those circumstances ( :wacko: )), then I assume that we must now all agree with your assessment that they're hiing something, are being told what to say, and they faked the whole thing!

I think I get it.

I was going to ask, "So what if you think so?"

But it's pointles, I realize.

This line of discussion is one of the most ridiculous I've seen in a while...

I do not say this just because I think Apollo was a hoax but honestly they look too worried to me …this is just my personal opinion though…last afternoon when I showed it to 3 person …first 22 years old (studding to be a policeman) second his brother 28 years old civil servant and third 26 years old studding to be a male nurse…I ask them “any sign of happiness” they all shook their head and said “no…not at all”…one said “they can’t be this worried after having achieved that big goal”

Rajeev, are you ever going to produce any ACTUAL evidence of anything at all? To be honest I'm bored with hearing what your imaginary friends think. It's pointless and meaningless.

I do not say this just because I think Apollo was a hoax but honestly they look too worried to me …this is just my personal opinion though…last afternoon when I showed it to 3 person …first 22 years old (studding to be a policeman) second his brother 28 years old civil servant and third 26 years old studding to be a male nurse…I ask them “any sign of happiness” they all shook their head and said “no…not at all”…one said “they can’t be this worried after having achieved that big goal”

To echo Waspie (in a way...):

So What?

Because you think they look worried (we know it's your personal opinion, and it doesn't matter, as you don't know these men, you don't know what they'd just been through, you don't understand their demeanors, and you have no idea what they were about to face) means nothing.

Nor does it mean anything that you elicit responses from a bunch of people who read their faces and come up with similar impressions, without the benefit of any personal knowledge about who they are, what they're like, and what's going on.

Is there something of value you could come up with here?

It's time to drop this non-issue.

Just my thoughts...

These guys had been working/training/flying/debriefing/decontaminating together for about a year or so. They had just finished the most demanding ands stressful mission ever flown. Now they have to face the public with all the pomp and ceremony which none of them cared for. They weren't close friends, and there was significant animosity in some areas.

So the idea that they were about to undertake this enmormous "chore" was also weighing on them...answering stupid questions, all the parades and bands...not their cup of tea. Not surprisingly, this was reflected in their demeanor during the press conference.

Just my impressions.

I probably saw this press conference at the time, although I cannot recall it very well--only that it happened. My impression was that they looked tired and stressed out, which is understandable. For what it's worth, I have never doubted that they actually went to the moon, or that many of the astronauts have seen UFOs out there over the years. A number of them have admitted it and discussed it openly, so it's no big secret.

Just my thoughts...

These guys had been working/training/flying/debriefing/decontaminating together for about a year or so. They had just finished the most demanding ands stressful mission ever flown. Now they have to face the public with all the pomp and ceremony which none of them cared for. They weren't close friends, and there was significant animosity in some areas.

So the idea that they were about to undertake this enmormous "chore" was also weighing on them...answering stupid questions, all the parades and bands...not their cup of tea. Not surprisingly, this was reflected in their demeanor during the press conference.

Just my impressions.

I think your impressions carry some validity, Mr. B.

The next day they would tour the entire United States...in a single day. They'd subsequently be doing television tapings, interviews.

They would have home town parades and more speeches, then, they would address a joint session of Congress in Washington, DC, and on 29 September, they'd embark on a 23 country, 27 city goodwill world tour which would last until just prior to the Apollo 12 launch in November.

For Neil, he'd be heading to Viet Nam in December for a tour with Bob Hope, and in 1970, he'd be the second U.S. Astronaut to make an official visit to the Soviet Union.

I think he made it pretty clear in that very news conference when he was asked what he thought about the imminent three city tour of the United States that he and his crew were about to undertake...

He said that it was...

"...certainly the last thing we're prepared for."

All-in-all, Mr. Armstrong did very well with things he was not all-too-fond of, and he did so with dignity, and grace, as he has ever since.

I probably saw this press conference at the time, although I cannot recall it very well--only that it happened. My impression was that they looked tired and stressed out, which is understandable.

I think those are valid impressions.

For what it's worth, I have never doubted that they actually went to the moon, or that many of the astronauts have seen UFOs out there over the years. A number of them have admitted it and discussed it openly, so it's no big secret.

No.

Many a pilot has seen a UFO. The acronym is a literal description of something which is somewhat common, in the air, or in space.

No reason to doubt it. It happens frequently.

Hi again- in a hope that at least one person will find them happy...i showed this post flight pc image to 53 years old pete(businessman) and 44 years old mike(IT hardware eng.)... Pete said "look seriously worried" and Mike was agreed with him. May be one day somebody will find them happy?

Hi again- in a hope that at least one person will find them happy...i showed this post flight pc image to 53 years old pete(businessman) and 44 years old mike(IT hardware eng.)... Pete said "look seriously worried" and Mike was agreed with him. May be one day somebody will find them happy?

Rajeev, has anyone on UM said that they look happy? as you seem to be trying to prove that they are not happy, even though no one has said this.

Mid and co have merely said that they are unhappy because of the up and coming events they have to be present on.

So i think you are wasting yours, Petes and Mikes time by trying to prove something that is not being disputed.

I would focus on proving saw somnething and are being forced to hide it!!! and for the record i do not think that Mike or Pete saying so will quite suffice.

rajeev shagun, please do not discuss the apollo hoax here :) its about the controversial behaviour on press conference

Oh my, maybe they were actually hiding something... In fact, we might have proof of such a thing at this point. :alien::gun:

Where do you think they get these ideas from? :)

Edited by SolarPlexus

interesting :)

rajeev shagun, please do not discuss the apollo hoax here :) its about the controversial behaviour on press conference

The behavior is odd as these men were hot shots, test pilots and ego maniacs. This would have been a time to shine so yes there behavior is off imo.

As far as the rest with the clip(movie) it's meant to sell tickets not promote an idea meant to be taken seriously. Or was Star Wars a documentary lol

Edited by The Silver Thong

We do agree on things from time to time, I suppose. ;)

Honestly? I think they get these ideas from paranoid conspiracy theorists, because let's be honest, those conspiracy theorists produce some pretty interesting fiction every once and a while. Usually it is boorish drivel, like this thread, but every once and a while they come up with a compelling plot line.

Maybe one day, someone did...

27 July 1969.

ap11-S69-40147.jpg

What's it matter?

Was there a point?

I realize I asked you that before, and you didn't answer...so this is likely a futile exercise in trying to figure out what's going in in your brain...

9 September 1969...

ap11-69-HC-1119.jpg

Happy enough for you?

Maybe one day, someone did...

Happy enough for you?

Must have been a refresher course in their acting class :-)

P.S.

Am I the only one who considers the idea that NASA would hire such bad actors, while they were trying to fool the whole world, as plain stupid?

Edited by rambaldi

Am I the only one who considers the idea that NASA would hire such bad actors, while they were trying to fool the whole world, as plain stupid?

The thought had crossed my mind.

Even if we ignore the missions that only orbited the moon (Apollos 8, 10 & 13) and count only those that actually landed then we have 6 missions with 18 astronauts, all of whom must have been in on the "great lie" (whatever you happen to think that lie was). These astronauts gave dozens upon dozens of press conferences and public talks. If the look on their faces really is evidence (it's not, but let's play along for a while) then how come we see only one incidence involving only 3 of the astronauts where they look (as rajeev would put it) like the have an AK47 pointed at their head? It just doesn't add up.