Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Undeniable proof that werewolves aren't real?

Connor.

This is something I have thought about this morning.

The average human male stands at around 6ft tall but Werewolves are sighted usually between 7 to 10ft tall. This means that basically every bone in the human body will have to grow during transformation, the pain of which could easily kill the person.

Also with the increase in the size of the body and the instant growth of larger muscles will mean that the heart will have to grow as well which is also potentially very deadly.

What do you guys think?

Also give your explanations for why Werewolves can't exist, and no answer such as "they can't because they're a myth" etc. I'd like well constructed answers please.

• Like 1

I agree with you, but there are some people who have a ridiculous tolerance to pain. Circus performers (the guys who hang themselves on hooks through their arms,legs,backs).

• Like 4

I agree with you, but there are some people who have a ridiculous tolerance to pain. Circus performers (the guys who hang themselves on hooks through their arms,legs,backs).

Tolerance to pain is something that is in your genes, right? or can you 'perfect it'?

Edited by WerewolfSkeptic

Guest Coffin It Up

I don't think that they exist because I have never come across anything close to concrete evidence proving that they do. I also think that for the human body to go through such dramatic changes without leaving evidence is ridiculous. Also for a person to change into some sort of canine, it would mean that their esentially mutants. People have blood tests and things throughout their lives and I believe this would surely show such an abnormality. Also the amount of people being ripped to shreds on a full moon would be colossal if they were real. And I also think thats it's scientifically impossible for a creature to be part canine and part human. Maybe part ape I would say yes, even though it's a long shot. But part wolf?. No way, I also am pretty sure that people would notice their family morphing on a full moon. And also could you image what would happen to the human part sof your body when your head elongates, and you grow a muzzle?. And how would you be able to turn back?. How could you regenerate your bone and tissue so fast?. It's just not possible.

I don't think that they exist because I have never come across anything close to concrete evidence proving that they do. I also think that for the human body to go through such dramatic changes without leaving evidence is ridiculous. Also for a person to change into some sort of canine, it would mean that their esentially mutants. People have blood tests and things throughout their lives and I believe this would surely show such an abnormality. Also the amount of people being ripped to shreds on a full moon would be colossal if they were real. And I also think thats it's scientifically impossible for a creature to be part canine and part human. Maybe part ape I would say yes, even though it's a long shot. But part wolf?. No way, I also am pretty sure that people would notice their family morphing on a full moon. And also could you image what would happen to the human part sof your body when your head elongates, and you grow a muzzle?. And how would you be able to turn back?. How could you regenerate your bone and tissue so fast?. It's just not possible.

There are two bits I disagree about in your post.

1. The blood tests
  2. The families

Not every human will be in to the doctors regularly, what if it is a person that lives far out in the woods or in a place far from a hospital. I doubt they would travel all the way to a hospital unless it was really serious.

Also, the families not knowing one of their family is a werewolf, it's quite possible that they might not know. What is the person leaves the house early to make sure he doesn't change near his family and gives and alibi. Also not everyone has a family, if they lived in say Glasgow but their family lived in Aberdeen. They would have no idea unless they were told, just an example.

The rest of your points are all conclusive evidence against werewolves. Good post! :tu:

Edited by WerewolfSkeptic

If they were real, I'm sure their diet would've given them away. Werewolves supposedly have a feriocity that will leave them attacking anything weaker.. that would be humans, pets, and such. Imo.

If they were real, I'm sure their diet would've given them away. Werewolves supposedly have a feriocity that will leave them attacking anything weaker.. that would be humans, pets, and such. Imo.

Livestock would be their biggest prey item, if it was a cow. Werewolves are most likely going to leave the same attack marks on such livestock as their name-sake animal counterparts. Farmers would be phoning into the police near 24/7 to report those kind of attacks.

• Like 1

Firstly I don't beleive they are real.

BUT if they where real and the "stories" where true, then you are questioning the part about the pain and the bones etc during transformation.... what about the rest of it? Also you do realise the bone part is just as "out there" as the pain? You say it like "if we where to beleive the bone part, what about the pain?" Well the bone part is more likely not to be real where as a high pain tolerance is, think along the lines of adrenaline. But the main point is if the bones part was true then it would be some sort of supernatural magic, which would indicate the pain tolerance being from the same source.

• Like 1

The average human male stands at around 6ft tall but Werewolves are sighted usually between 7 to 10ft tall. This means that basically every bone in the human body will have to grow during transformation, the pain of which could easily kill the person.

Also with the increase in the size of the body and the instant growth of larger muscles will mean that the heart will have to grow as well which is also potentially very deadly.

What do you guys think?

Also give your explanations for why Werewolves can't exist, and no answer such as "they can't because they're a myth" etc. I'd like well constructed answers please.

Well, the real reason is (despite a growth, or NOT growth at all), a person cant physically change into another being instantly.

Tolerance to pain is something that is in your genes, right? or can you 'perfect it'?

I dont think thats how it works.

How does it work then?...

Not totally sure, im not a biologists. But, im pretty sure pain tolerrance isnt due to genes being passed down.

Pain tolerrance is more of a personal thing, that you can gain over time or do for yourself.

Its like thinking that a body builder with give the genes to a baby that will grow up to the ripped. Thats not the case.

Some people mistakenly believe that pain tolerance can be boosted by exposure to pain. The idea makes sense, exposing the body to increasing levels of pain will help it build up immunity to the pain. In real life, however, just the opposite occurs. The body, once exposed to high levels of pain, becomes more sensitive to it. This makes the body’s response to pain more dramatic when exposed to pain in the future.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pain-tolerance.htm

High pain tolerance and your bones/muscles growing and reforming are a bit different.

What do you guys think?

This and of course the fact that the modern werewolf legend can be traced back to France and Germany in the 15th century and the term Varwulf, which then got mixed into the Greek myth of Lyacan (which had already been ripped off by Roman writers quite extensively).Of course, various other European cultures have stories concerning taking the form or abilities of the wolf in some form, either as a penance or a sign of strength as the creature was as much reviled as it was revered.

During the expansion of European empirical power worldwide, the folklore of the area travelled throughout the world and, given that wolves or wild dogs were seen as a somewhat sinister menace to a great many people in a great many locations for both humans and livestock, thus the werewolf became a worldwide phenomena.

• Like 1

I think that in this media saturated and (frankly) greedy age, one of the "wolves" out there would have tried to prove it. Documenting a transformation etc for money, like the JREF million or something similar.

I'm not saying i believe in werewolves but i think it's a little pointless to try to put a scientific basis on something that would be supernatural (something un-understandable) and something that would be unprecedented in the first place. :hmm:

Edited by Bracket

They exist, just not in the scarey way.

There is a condion called hypertrichosis — or "werewolf syndrome" — which causes a thick coat of hair to grow over every inch of his body except his palms and feet.

post-108901-0-27858300-1290749554_thumb.

Edited by scepticalbeliever

The circus performers can do this because when they do it the adrenaline deadens the pain that they receive or at least makes it bearable

"But I is a Lycan, I hunts and I transformers under the fool moon"

had to be said :devil:

Thanks for all your posts guys, does anyone remember that picture of the werewolf in Wisconsin that was near a lamp post about to cross a road? Was it proved to be fake?

I'll try to find the picture.

I think that in this media saturated and (frankly) greedy age, one of the "wolves" out there would have tried to prove it. Documenting a transformation etc for money, like the JREF million or something similar.

Hi, I want to be on big brother cause I crave fame and money.... Please put me in the house! I bet you have never had a werewolf on there!

I'll tell you something that is a FACT! I would watch big brother if they had a werewolf on there! LOL

• Like 1

Thanks for all your posts guys, does anyone remember that picture of the werewolf in Wisconsin that was near a lamp post about to cross a road? Was it proved to be fake?

I'll try to find the picture.

Is it snowy in the picture and next to a barn? Cause if it's that pic I was trying to find it recently and I think it might have been the viral advert for Dog soldiers.

What do you guys think?

PARTY POOPER !!!!! LOL