Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More Palin Bashing:

venqax

CNN indulged a classic left media tactic by misleading with a headline in a recent piece on former Governor Sarah Palin. The headline, if read by itself, seems to be saying that Sarah Palin delivered a “gaffe-filled message,” when the truth is that her message talked about gaffes, but wasn’t “filled” with them per se....

arrow3.gifRead more...

To balance the Matrix.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• venqax

• TFSM

• questionmark

• THE MATRIX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To balance the Matrix.

Wow, are we getting sensitive!

To balance the Matrix.

taken from the article:

"If all you did was read that headline, you'd think she made a fool of herself with all sorts of incorrect statements in it."

i dont have to read the headline or anything else to know that palin makes a fool of herself almost every time she opens that mouth, (which, you may have noticed in most of her pictures, it's gaping open) :o

i rest my case.

Well... isn't that Palin's fault for being so gaffe ridden that we assume she gaffed instead of talking about gaffing?

If she didn't seem so prone to it, perhaps we all would assume she was speaking of gaffing first and that she gaffed as a secondary notion.

Yes.. how horrible of the "left" to make a misleading title. After all the "right" has never done tha -- oh wait... they mastered it.

Yes.. how horrible of the "left" to make a misleading title. After all the "right" has never done tha -- oh wait... they mastered it.

for me, it's got nothing to do with left or right - she's a frikken moron regardless.

To balance the Matrix.

Really Venqax? Really?

2 years to go before the election, what we are seeing now are just grenades thrown to destroy Palin.

Heavy artillery will be launched I say in a year from now.

Palin bashing? What an appalling and shocking idea. Why would anyone ver want to do that to America's greatest statesperson since George W. Bush?

I agree it is a misleading title. But, so is this thread. It was a political BLOG on the CNN site that made the headline. An opinion piece.

Palin got a raw deal on the 'north korea' gaffe. It is stupid to pick on her for that, and then ignore the other things she says. (I'm no Palin fan at all, but I can't stand this type of politics).

The real unfortunate thing is that the same people who blast Obama for being a political 'rock star' are now embracing Palin for being a 'Reality star'. Apparently, regardless of political lines, we Americans really want CELEBRITIES, not leaders.

Sometimes, I think we get what we deserve.

Stop nitpicking the every move of politicians. Let's start talking about the issues they bring. I don't want to know about their private lives unless they are breaking the law.

Stop nitpicking the every move of politicians. Let's start talking about the issues they bring. I don't want to know about their private lives unless they are breaking the law.

When a politician runs on a platform of personal moral superiority, they automatically put their private lives in the spotlight (i.e. campaigning on abstenance-only education being effective when your own child has an illegitimate child). In the case of the Palins, they've purposely made their private lives public to make Palin seem more "like the real America" to get more votes. If you say "Hey, I'm just like you, vote for me" your private life becomes fair game. Especially if you star in your own reality show based on your private life, your daughter goes on dancing with the stars, your daughter's baby-daddy poses for shots in playgirl, etc...

Why should we debate sarah palin based on her political policy views when she tries so hard to make her campaign about herself personally and not about substantive political policies?

Why should we debate sarah palin based on her political policy views when she tries so hard to make her campaign about herself personally and not about substantive political policies?

You mean she has any?

I understand--and can't say I totally disagree....but we (as a society) seem fall into this trap too easily. Palin (and most Politicans) do end up trying to make it a personality contest. My point is that we need to stop focusing on it. I'm not sure how this is done, but identifying it, and calling it out seems to be the logical first step.

I don't want this type of focus on my candidate, but to make that so, I also don't want this type of focus on the opposition either.

AGREED.

Vote based on issues, not BS.

Campaign on issues so there is actually something to vote on besides personailty. How about that? In lieu of substantive policies the only basis upon which we have to make a decision is personal life. This is not a problem with the voters or those of us who criticize Palin, it's a problem with those who empower people like Palin who have few or no practical policy ideas simply because they like her persona.

Critics have tried to remove Palin based on the fact that she doesn't provide concrete policies of her own, but her supporters seem to be so enfatuated with her personally (being just like "us") that they seem to ignore her lack of an actual platform and her hypocrisy on the points she actually does make.

The catch phrase "Reign in government spending" is very hollow when you factor in her public personal life which seems to be devoid of any actual effort to reign in government or personal spending. She doesn't seem to care enough about saving people money to charge less to the political organizations which she bills hundreds of thousands of dollars for her speaches.

Her aversion to "big government" is also hollow when you consider the fact that she wants to be a part of the very "big government" she hates. Too big, but just big enough for her and the representatives and programs she supports, including the huge military and department of homeland security.

Edited by TFSM

This is not a problem with the voters or those of us who criticize Palin, it's a problem with those who empower people like Palin who have few or no practical policy ideas simply because they like her persona.

I largely agree. And would say the exact same thing re Barry Obama. I'm reminded of it every time I see one of those creepy, third-worldish car stickers with the drawing of his face over "patriotic" colors. Reminds me of Mugabe, Nyere, Kaunda, Suharto, Sukarno, Marcos, etc.

I largely agree. And would say the exact same thing re Barry Obama. I'm reminded of it every time I see one of those creepy, third-worldish car stickers with the drawing of his face over "patriotic" colors. Reminds me of Mugabe, Nyere, Kaunda, Suharto, Sukarno, Marcos, etc.

you mean like this:

476355439v1_225x225_Front.jpgyou are right, appalling, totally appalling.

I largely agree. And would say the exact same thing re Barry Obama.

I recall Obama having some very specific policy goals. He's actually achieved quite a few of them so far. Comparing Palin to Obama falls very short. Obama isn't perfect, but Palin is a train wreck.

you mean like this:

Actually that reminds me more of a Lincoln coin, or a Washington dollar. I don't recall seeing Ronnie as savior-national father images when he was running for office. I think the difference is in the audience the images are intended for: statesman vs. reggae singer. Both uuseful in a way, but hardly interchangeable.

Edited by venqax