Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible HellHound Sighting

TheSilentasylum

Alright, I'll include every detail about this.

I don't know where to begin with this so I'll just start at the beginning of the night.

My brothers-in-law, one is my best friend, his name is Michael, he's 18, his brother is 20, his name is Steve, as well as my friends Derek (15) and Daniel (15) were all with me. I'm 16 (in case the ages are relevant.) Anyway, there is a baseball field near my house http://jacksonville.citysearch.com/profile/2254728/jacksonville_fl/cedar_hills_athletic_assn.html

Again, in case it's relevant, I added the location. Back to the story, Mike and I are very close and being young guys, we like to screw around with our friends.

So we told them we should go up to this baseball park that was "haunted," it isn't haunted, but we wanted to scare them (Ironically) so we told them that a woman had been killed on the largest of the 5 fields there. So we parked Steve's van in the parking lot in the field, by which there is a large stadium light, but it barely illuminates anything but a 50 foot radius on the ground. We got out of the van and began walking outside of the field by the 1st base side, the home plate side is by the very end of the park which is moated by a ditch. Mike screamed in order to scare the rest of us, so naturally we all ran back to the van. This happened several times until we decided to actually go onto the field through a gate located in the right field fence-line. We walked towards home plate slowly, repeating what we had done outside of the fence as far as the screaming thing. Now, both Michael and I are somewhat ESP (if that is the correct term,) as I have seen several other-worldly beings, which I assumed were demons as they were black figures. The third time we were walking to the homeplate, Derek, Michael and I all linked arms, because as soon as we entered the field, the temperature dropped what felt like twenty degrees. We walked slowly, while Daniel and Steve led us by almost ten feet. The field is very large, as big as a MLB field, so it was a bit of a walk. By the time we reached the clay and Steve and Daniel were near the pitcher's mound, an unnatural fear came over me and I began to beg them not to go any further. They both laughed at me and Michael agreed with me, advising us all to walk back. They decided to keep walking, and as soon as they crossed the pitcher's mound, my entire head felt like I had been struck by a flashing headache. Something caught my eye by left field and I looked over. There was a creature, it had the body of a very skinny dog, but the body was around seven feet long. It's legs were as skinny as a large baseball bat, and around the same length as the baseball bat. The head of the beast looked like a hollowed out tiger's skull. Even though it was pitch black, we (Michael and I) could see that it was a milky gray, it emitted no light whatsoever. As soon as I saw it, I felt as a primal fear that I have never experienced before in my entire life, as if I was staring Death himself in the face. The creature was on the outside of the fence and was running up to the fence, instead of putting it's front claws on the fence, it pulled it's right back leg up, over it's body, with it's spine bending disturbingly, it latched onto the top of the fence and lifted itself over. As soon as it hit the ground it disappeared, no flashing, it was there and it wasn't. This happened in the course of a second. Of course at this point I turned to Michael and screamed "Holy God, did you see that?" and he was already screaming "What the ***** was that?" We looked back and all of a sudden three other creatures appeared in left field, each almost a third of the size of the original beast. They appeared to be medium sized dogs, all the same color as the beast, with glowing reddish/yellowish eyes. Again they emitted no light and at this point Michael and I both screamed for everybody to run for their lives, because we were both filled with the primal fear. Running away, I looked back and the dogs had turned to watch all five of us leave and they were slowly walking towards us, so I turned my attention back to running.

Back at the van, Michael and I began to describe what we had seen to the three of them. They didn't believe us and thought we were still screwing around with them, even though I was crying I was still so shocked. Steven, Derek, and Daniel all went back onto the field and Michael and I stayed with the van, reaffirming to each other that we had seen it. We began to walk towards the field again, and I don't know if this is because I have ESP or something of the sort, but I began to see an extremely thick bluish gray fog surrounding everything. When we walked past the light it flickered and Michael and I both began to walk backwards to the van. Still standing there, we were both looking around, I think I may have seen a black dog figure in a bush, but I'm still not sure. But I am sure of what I saw next, I looked towards the bleachers of a different field, and I saw a figure standing there. It was seven feet tall, human shaped, with what looked like folded wings. It had red eyes and it was just standing and watching Michael and I. Being men, we decided that we were actually going to confront it, and I walked towards it and it disappeared. This was the last "encounter" of the night.

I don't know if this is relevant, but neither Michael or I believe in a God, we believe that there is something out there, but it either doesn't care, or is trying to destroy us. Also, it's rumored that black masses are held at the park.

I'm not lying, please tell me what it was.

-Andrew

• Like 1

I'll be on tomorrow, please share opinions, I'm really scared, this happened this weekend on Saturday, I've had a lingering feeling since.

Well, considering that hell hounds don't exist and things like what you describe never happen, I'd say you are making this up.

• Like 3

I think you will get a B + on the story.....

Something that is very telling to any post is when this is at the end :

• Like 1

Let's try to believe this for a moment, and you did see all of this..

My friend told me a tale similar, except he was in a cemetary. He did see the strange dog beast and it's "master" what you called the winged man with red eyes. He also said it was a hell-hound. I don't believe him, and the story is fuzzy in my head,but it seemed related to the topic.

The feelings of despair and looking death in the face were usually ones related to the hell-hound, but this creature is usually told as a black shaggy dog with red eyes. The creature usually left flames wherever it stepped.

I don't know much about it,and I take these stories with a large teaspoon of salt, but there are some sightings of the hell-hound in history. One of the most famous is one in which the hell-hound visited a church and ended up setting it on fire, and killing a few of the members and the pastor. I can't find the account, but here is a wiki page on the hellhound.

My link

Edited by VampireHeart

Where in intoxicated in any way? (sorry I have to ask)

Edited by Coffey

Let's try to believe this for a moment, and you did see all of this..

My friend told me a tale similar, except he was in a cemetary. He did see the strange dog beast and it's "master" what you called the winged man with red eyes. He also said it was a hell-hound. I don't believe him, and the story is fuzzy in my head,but it seemed related to the topic.

The feelings of despair and looking death in the face were usually ones related to the hell-hound, but this creature is usually told as a black shaggy dog with red eyes. The creature usually left flames wherever it stepped.

I don't know much about it,and I take these stories with a large teaspoon of salt, but there are some sightings of the hell-hound in history. One of the most famous is one in which the hell-hound visited a church and ended up setting it on fire, and killing a few of the members and the pastor. I can't find the account, but here is a wiki page on the hellhound.

My link

I like the way you handles that. :tu:

• Like 1

I saw a hell hound once...i say hell hound it was more like a slightly disgruntled shi tisu that my nan used to have. Man that dog hated me.

Seriously tho were drugs or booze involved. Not judging you, i spent most of my young life experimenting with both, but they can even in small doses have a major effect on memory and events.

• Like 1

what problem i have with your story is the near perfect spelling of words and correct punctuation throughout the post... it seems your use to writing stories and good at it. :tu:

Alright, I'll include every detail about this.

I don't know where to begin with this so I'll just start at the beginning of the night.

My brothers-in-law, one is my best friend, his name is Michael, he's 18, his brother is 20, his name is Steve, as well as my friends Derek (15) and Daniel (15) were all with me. I'm 16 (in case the ages are relevant.) Anyway, there is a baseball field near my house http://jacksonville.citysearch.com/profile/2254728/jacksonville_fl/cedar_hills_athletic_assn.html

Again, in case it's relevant, I added the location. Back to the story, Mike and I are very close and being young guys, we like to screw around with our friends.

So we told them we should go up to this baseball park that was "haunted," it isn't haunted, but we wanted to scare them (Ironically) so we told them that a woman had been killed on the largest of the 5 fields there. So we parked Steve's van in the parking lot in the field, by which there is a large stadium light, but it barely illuminates anything but a 50 foot radius on the ground. We got out of the van and began walking outside of the field by the 1st base side, the home plate side is by the very end of the park which is moated by a ditch. Mike screamed in order to scare the rest of us, so naturally we all ran back to the van. This happened several times until we decided to actually go onto the field through a gate located in the right field fence-line. We walked towards home plate slowly, repeating what we had done outside of the fence as far as the screaming thing. Now, both Michael and I are somewhat ESP (if that is the correct term,) as I have seen several other-worldly beings, which I assumed were demons as they were black figures. The third time we were walking to the homeplate, Derek, Michael and I all linked arms, because as soon as we entered the field, the temperature dropped what felt like twenty degrees. We walked slowly, while Daniel and Steve led us by almost ten feet. The field is very large, as big as a MLB field, so it was a bit of a walk. By the time we reached the clay and Steve and Daniel were near the pitcher's mound, an unnatural fear came over me and I began to beg them not to go any further. They both laughed at me and Michael agreed with me, advising us all to walk back. They decided to keep walking, and as soon as they crossed the pitcher's mound, my entire head felt like I had been struck by a flashing headache. Something caught my eye by left field and I looked over. There was a creature, it had the body of a very skinny dog, but the body was around seven feet long. It's legs were as skinny as a large baseball bat, and around the same length as the baseball bat. The head of the beast looked like a hollowed out tiger's skull. Even though it was pitch black, we (Michael and I) could see that it was a milky gray, it emitted no light whatsoever. As soon as I saw it, I felt as a primal fear that I have never experienced before in my entire life, as if I was staring Death himself in the face. The creature was on the outside of the fence and was running up to the fence, instead of putting it's front claws on the fence, it pulled it's right back leg up, over it's body, with it's spine bending disturbingly, it latched onto the top of the fence and lifted itself over. As soon as it hit the ground it disappeared, no flashing, it was there and it wasn't. This happened in the course of a second. Of course at this point I turned to Michael and screamed "Holy God, did you see that?" and he was already screaming "What the ***** was that?" We looked back and all of a sudden three other creatures appeared in left field, each almost a third of the size of the original beast. They appeared to be medium sized dogs, all the same color as the beast, with glowing reddish/yellowish eyes. Again they emitted no light and at this point Michael and I both screamed for everybody to run for their lives, because we were both filled with the primal fear. Running away, I looked back and the dogs had turned to watch all five of us leave and they were slowly walking towards us, so I turned my attention back to running.

Back at the van, Michael and I began to describe what we had seen to the three of them. They didn't believe us and thought we were still screwing around with them, even though I was crying I was still so shocked. Steven, Derek, and Daniel all went back onto the field and Michael and I stayed with the van, reaffirming to each other that we had seen it. We began to walk towards the field again, and I don't know if this is because I have ESP or something of the sort, but I began to see an extremely thick bluish gray fog surrounding everything. When we walked past the light it flickered and Michael and I both began to walk backwards to the van. Still standing there, we were both looking around, I think I may have seen a black dog figure in a bush, but I'm still not sure. But I am sure of what I saw next, I looked towards the bleachers of a different field, and I saw a figure standing there. It was seven feet tall, human shaped, with what looked like folded wings. It had red eyes and it was just standing and watching Michael and I. Being men, we decided that we were actually going to confront it, and I walked towards it and it disappeared. This was the last "encounter" of the night.

I don't know if this is relevant, but neither Michael or I believe in a God, we believe that there is something out there, but it either doesn't care, or is trying to destroy us. Also, it's rumored that black masses are held at the park.

-Andrew

Thanks Andrew, great story and very familiar to me. They don't have wings or haunt people, nor do they eat red meat, tending to be veggie-loving and fish eating. Nothing to worry about really.

rockhyrax.jpg

fortean_times_1225_7.jpg

Hyraxbasking.jpg

They're giant swamp hyrax cryptids. The bovids, i.e cows and bulls were better grazers using their incisors whilst the hyrax bite and chew with their molars. This meant that the cows could eat the shorter grass shoots, leaving the hyrax with nothing, hence they had to adapt to swamp and out-of-place environments. Called bunyips in Australia, the Dartmoor beast in the UK etc, etc, etc...

post-94765-0-78974900-1291729636_thumb.j

post-94765-0-33749100-1291729645_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun
  • Like 1

Well first off, I just happen to try to make my posts sound like they came from an intelligent human being, thanks.

Secondly, I'm not lying in any way and this isn't some sort of story, I don't care if you believe me, I'm just seriously freaked out and I'd like to know what it was. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, I've never heard of any creature that looked either like the three doggish creatures, the giant creature, or the demonic winged thing (honestly, no idea what the **** to call any of these.)

We were not intoxicated, both my brother and I saw it, I already know he's not lying because I asked him to write down a description of it and what it did to prove that he wasn't, and he described it perfectly. I'd just like to know what any of those things could have been.

I wouldn't make an account and write that long ass thing if I was lying, I need help and if you can't help me, please refer me to somebody who can. (No crazy doctor jokes lmao.)

Well first off, I just happen to try to make my posts sound like they came from an intelligent human being, thanks.

Secondly, I'm not lying in any way and this isn't some sort of story, I don't care if you believe me, I'm just seriously freaked out and I'd like to know what it was. I live in Jacksonville, Florida, I've never heard of any creature that looked either like the three doggish creatures, the giant creature, or the demonic winged thing (honestly, no idea what the **** to call any of these.)

We were not intoxicated, both my brother and I saw it, I already know he's not lying because I asked him to write down a description of it and what it did to prove that he wasn't, and he described it perfectly. I'd just like to know what any of those things could have been.

I wouldn't make an account and write that long ass thing if I was lying, I need help and if you can't help me, please refer me to somebody who can. (No crazy doctor jokes lmao.)

You may think that this emboldened part helps to convince, but it serves quite the opposite for me. Why would one witness of the same event ask another witness of the same event to prove that they saw it by writing a description? That makes no sense. If this had actually happened, you would already know he wasn't lying because you both would have seen the same thing and talked about it. Well, that would be, if you had actually seen what you described in the original post. Which I highly doubt.

• Like 1

Here's what I think happened.

You and your pals all freaked each other out by telling ghost stories and stuff like that. When you went in there and saw a hell hound - you said yourself it was dark - so you may not have got all the details of the thing quite right. And you all ran from the hell hound, which I believe may have been a guard dog - frequently very large - and when it came to the fence I think the lack of light made it look like it climbed the fence in a weird way and then appear to vanish... but in fact I'd say it was still on the other side of the fence. The other dogs could also have been gurad dogs and the winged man could have been a securtiy guard, all made more demonic and frightnening becuase you and your mates had some kind of group hysteria going on thanks to your gohst stories.

Would you say any of what I've said is remotely possible, or are do are you 100 percent adamant about what you saw despite the likelyhood of that happening?

I am 100% adamant, there are no security guards of any sort, dog or not, I asked him to prove it, because we *had* all been bullting each other, and I just wanted to know if he thought I was screwing around and was just going with it to freak everyone out. I don't care if you guys believe me, I just want to know what it could have been. There was nobody up there, I used to play baseball up there, it's a very poor community park, without even a fence around the field. We could see the creature that climbed the fence perfectly, as well as the ones that were actually inside the field. The humanoid creature was standing up against a blue brick wall, with no place to have vanished to. I know that we actually saw these things, I just want to know what sort of supernatural thing it could have been, and what would have caused these things to have appeared.

listen mate I'm not saying I dont believe you I was just trying to come up with a mundane sollution. Me and my pals freaked each other out once and ended up going down a dark country lane scaring the **** out of each other about werewolves and stuff like that. Suddenly something ran up to one of the hedges on the side of the raod and started going beserk. We all ran off screaming and went back to our caravan saying it was definately not a dog, it was bigger, stronger, its teeth were a foot long... all that kind of thing. In the morning we went back and there was a large alsation in the field... we rationalised that we'd all been duped by ourselves.

As to a supernatural conclusion to your story. You've already said you think the dog is a Hell Hound. In the uk we have a thing called the black dog, which is supposed to herald doom of some kind. I actually saw one once. A dog followed me round this park once, it was all black, but it was a nice dog, not scary at all. I played with him a bit and he played with my dog too. Whe I came to leaving the park the dog followed me all the way to my car. I got in and put my dog in and when I turned around - i'd been debating taking this dog home with me - it was gone. I couldnt see it anywhere... and that very day my nan died. Coincidence? I dunno, but it struck as the kind of tale Ive heard of the black dog.

As for the human, it sounds a bit like the Mothman... I think he also portends some doom of some kind. I'd start watching my step if I was you!!!

listen mate I'm not saying I dont believe you I was just trying to come up with a mundane sollution. Me and my pals freaked each other out once and ended up going down a dark country lane scaring the **** out of each other about werewolves and stuff like that. Suddenly something ran up to one of the hedges on the side of the raod and started going beserk. We all ran off screaming and went back to our caravan saying it was definately not a dog, it was bigger, stronger, its teeth were a foot long... all that kind of thing. In the morning we went back and there was a large alsation in the field... we rationalised that we'd all been duped by ourselves.

As to a supernatural conclusion to your story. You've already said you think the dog is a Hell Hound. In the uk we have a thing called the black dog, which is supposed to herald doom of some kind. I actually saw one once. A dog followed me round this park once, it was all black, but it was a nice dog, not scary at all. I played with him a bit and he played with my dog too. Whe I came to leaving the park the dog followed me all the way to my car. I got in and put my dog in and when I turned around - i'd been debating taking this dog home with me - it was gone. I couldnt see it anywhere... and that very day my nan died. Coincidence? I dunno, but it struck as the kind of tale Ive heard of the black dog.

As for the human, it sounds a bit like the Mothman... I think he also portends some doom of some kind. I'd start watching my step if I was you!!!

Well, I've heard of the Moth-man too, but I don't think that what I saw was that, it looked like some sort of demon, I don't know. I drew a picture (with Michael helping me dictate it) of the creature that climbed the fence, and it looks like some sort of twisted, starved dog. I heard that hell hounds were supposed to be black, and this thing was gray, so I don't know, it's not like I've never been there and it was just the surroundings, I go up there all the time and I've never even heard of anything like this happening.

Well obviously all the things are related. So maybe demons is the best place to start looking. Have you thought about talking to a preist about this. I know you say you dont believe in god, but if your seeing things that appear demonic, you might require help from something angelic...

• Like 1

If I do that, my mom will freak out, my family is Catholic and they don't know that I don't believe in God. They're the kind of people that if I say that I saw something like this they'll say I'm "Sinning" or some crap like that. I'm basically a good person, I don't do drugs, I don't hurt people, I spend my spare time working with my brother in law to create music as a band. Nothing has really changed with our group except that this occurred the first night that Derek was with us, so maybe it's related to him? But the last figure was only seen by Michael and I.

could you not just pop into a local church and have a chat with the preist there? I have many churches in my neighbourhood, I could go into one for you if you like. Im not religious by the way - just think if its demons following you and your mates you might need big G on side

If I do that, my mom will freak out, my family is Catholic and they don't know that I don't believe in God. They're the kind of people that if I say that I saw something like this they'll say I'm "Sinning" or some crap like that. I'm basically a good person, I don't do drugs, I don't hurt people, I spend my spare time working with my brother in law to create music as a band. Nothing has really changed with our group except that this occurred the first night that Derek was with us, so maybe it's related to him? But the last figure was only seen by Michael and I.

It's a standard 'werewolf' encounter! Please calm down and just remember that it happens to loads of people and they all turn out okay! Please read this story and see the similarities Werewolves in Staffordshire UK:
If youre a fan of horror films, youll know a werewolf is a person who changes into a wolf-like creature when the moon is full. But did you know Staffordshire is the place to visit if you want to see one? A new supernatural survey the Fringe Weird report says there have been 20 reported Werewolf sightings on Cannock Chase. The report has been put together by Lionel Fanthorpe whos a leading figure in paranormal research by studying police reports and archives of groups who explore ghostly and unexplained events.

Sightings

The survey shows that a paranormal group visited Cannock Chase in 1975 with several of them claiming they saw a snarling beast rear up onto its hind legs and run off into the bushes.

What lurks in the woods of the Chase? But there have been more recent sightings. In April 2007, the Stafford post newspaper ran a report which said the West Midlands Ghost Club had been called in to investigate calls from people whod seen a werewolf-type creature prowling around the Chase. Several people claimed theyd seen the wolf walking on its hind legs in the German War Cemetery on Camp Road. The WM Ghost Club took what it called credible eyewitness accounts from a local scout master and postman, who claimed theyd come face to face with the Werewolf. They said they thought it was a large dog until it raised itself up to its full height of which was almost 7 foot tall. It darted into the bushes when it was startled.

post-94765-0-97406400-1291738472_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

It was hairless, it wasn't a werewolf, it had hollowed out eyes, as in no eyes, just a skull, it had gray nasty skin, and claws like (pardon the internet meme) a raptor. And I've only seen anything like this just that time.

It was hairless, it wasn't a werewolf, it had hollowed out eyes, as in no eyes, just a skull, it had gray nasty skin, and claws like (pardon the internet meme) a raptor. And I've only seen anything like this just that time.

It could just have been short-haired, like short-haired dogs which also can look hairless, especially if wet! Forget about the Hollywood version of a 'werewolf' and just think about an aggressive ultra-territorial unknown mammal - that's what it was. The look from such beings can be 'supernatural' in nature and cause a severe shock to the nervous system. Sixth sense does exist science says. That's what's happened. You will all come back down to normality with time, guaranteed.

post-94765-0-62381600-1291741156_thumb.j

Edited by Humblemun

You don't seem to understand that this creature literally appeared, and then vanished before my eyes in an open field, that's not natural.

You don't seem to understand that this creature literally appeared, and then vanished before my eyes in an open field, that's not natural.

or possible