Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the truth of athens texas

factoid

this is factoid i live in athens texas and there is alot of talk about fullers park see me and my brother plan to tackle the myth by going in the tunnles but i want to know if any one has herd of other places like this here is the story of athens see back in its making athens was saposet to have been over run withe witchkraft the the town killed a saposed witch but shee realy was and befor she died she put a curse on athens that keeps bad wether away no tornadoes or floods even mager fires this dose not sond like a cuse to me butthats wat they say and this may be true but i live here and there has been two tornados in athens later in athens a preacher erected the first batist church of athens currently my church the preacher is mr fuller who erected fullers park were he is burred he is suposedli evil becuase he beat his wife and the monkeys who he owned and is sead to have malested at this time they had also bilt a bome shelter under the cort houseand they bilt tunels with five differnt entrances and a loop that conects them this is to make a pintagranm they go all the way across from pont to pont the preacher or mr fuller went out after this was completed to let out hes monkeys and its said they went crazy and killed him he is barried in fullers park and saposed to huant it his wife died shortly after he did and is also burried there and also sapost haunt the park the rode next to the abandond pake is called monkey rode becase it is said that the monkeys still live in the trees and throw stuff at you as you drive by now i know wat you would say monkeys from the 1800's wont be alive still this is wat they said and wat makes it seem fake is that there was male and a femail monkey one female monkey but it was the one who mr fuller malested and if i were a malested monkey who also whent crazy and killed someone i wold not think a multiplying and another thing is that if you park on the side of the rode and put you keys on the hood you will see monkey paws heading derectly to the key and if you dont grab them the monkey ghost will take them and hide them in the woods well thats the story and sorry for the speling hit me up with some info and coments and if you want to talk derectly my email is *Snip*

Deleted the personal E-mail address, for privacy reasons, and to avoid spam, etc. Anyone wishing to post to factoid, can do so by using UM's PMs.

Karlis ~~~ UM moderating team member

Edited by Karlis
Deleted personal E-mail address

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• factoid

• Madeline___

• Karlis

• ShadowSot

Woof, that block of text is hard to read.

And you *really* don't want to post your email address.

this is factoid i live in athens texas and there is alot of talk about fullers park see me and my brother plan to tackle the myth by going in the tunnles but i want to know if any one has herd of other places like this here is the story of athens see back in its making athens was saposet to have been over run withe witchkraft the the town killed a saposed witch but shee realy was and befor she died she put a curse on athens that keeps bad wether away no tornadoes or floods even mager fires this dose not sond like a cuse to me butthats wat they say and this may be true but i live here and there has been two tornados in athens later in athens a preacher erected the first batist church of athens currently my church the preacher is mr fuller who erected fullers park were he is burred he is suposedli evil becuase he beat his wife and the monkeys who he owned and is sead to have malested at this time they had also bilt a bome shelter under the cort houseand they bilt tunels with five differnt entrances and a loop that conects them this is to make a pintagranm they go all the way across from pont to pont the preacher or mr fuller went out after this was completed to let out hes monkeys and its said they went crazy and killed him he is barried in fullers park and saposed to huant it his wife died shortly after he did and is also burried there and also sapost haunt the park the rode next to the abandond pake is called monkey rode becase it is said that the monkeys still live in the trees and throw stuff at you as you drive by now i know wat you would say monkeys from the 1800's wont be alive still this is wat they said and wat makes it seem fake is that there was male and a femail monkey one female monkey but it was the one who mr fuller malested and if i were a malested monkey who also whent crazy and killed someone i wold not think a multiplying and another thing is that if you park on the side of the rode and put you keys on the hood you will see monkey paws heading derectly to the key and if you dont grab them the monkey ghost will take them and hide them in the woods well thats the story and sorry for the speling hit me up with some info and coments and if you want to talk derectly my email is chrispage41@gmail.com please no spam

i've never heard of this before.

sounds really really fake.

ya but i need to know about the subjec a little more and if ther are any simulare cases and i use my yahoo that is my school email

I really think it's fake. I lived in Athens, Texas for years and never, never heard of such. The court yard square only has chickens running about.

There are some weird people that walk around and dress very strange, but other than that, Athens people wouldn't have any ghost things to ruin their town's name.

If there were underground tunnels, Willy Nelson would have smoked in them :tsu: and they would still be a secret. :lol:

yah thats cool you live here and sence ive been here ive herd them and i blan to disprove them this summer

I hope you said, "you plan to dispute the myth this summer", you're very hard to understand. Is English your first language?

Wow reading that first post was like reading the Walls on a bus Station. Anyway I think it's fake, Too many clichés to be true.

Here ya go guys!!! It's not perfect, but I tried!

This is fact. I live in Athens, Texas and there is a lot of talk about Fuller’s Park. My brother and I plan to tackle the myth by going in the tunnels, but I want to know if any one has heard of other places like this.

Here is the story of Athens: See back in its making Athens was supposed to have been over run with witchcraft. The town killed a supposed witch, but she really was a witch and before she died she put a curse on Athens that keeps bad weather away even tornadoes, floods and major fires. This does not sound like a curse to me but that’s what they say and this may not be true but I live here and there have been two tornadoes in Athens. Later in Athens a preacher erected the first Baptist church of Athens. My church’s preacher is Mr. Fuller who erected Fullers Park were he is buried. He is supposedly evil because he beat his wife and the monkeys who he owned and is said to have molested at this time.

They had also built a bomb shelter under the courthouse and they built tunnels with five different entrances and a loop that connects them. This is to make a pentagram they go all the way across from point to point. The preacher Mr. Fuller went out after this was completed to let out his monkeys and its said they went crazy and killed him. He is buried in Fullers Park and is supposed to haunt it. His wife died shortly after he did and is also buried there and is also supposed to haunt the park. The road next to the abandoned park is called Monkey Road because it is said that the monkeys still live in the trees and throw stuff at you as you drive by.

Now I know what you would say, monkeys from the 1800's wouldn’t be alive still but this is what they said and what makes it seem fake is that there was male and a female monkey. One female monkey was the one who Mr. Fuller molested and if I were a molested monkey who also went crazy and killed someone I would not think a multiplying. <---What???? Another thing is that if you park on the side of the road and put your keys on the hood you will see monkey paws heading directly to the keys and if you don’t grab them the monkey ghost will take them and hide them in the woods. Well that’s the story and sorry for the spelling. Hit me up with some info and comments and if you want to talk directly my email is

Edited by buffetoflies

Thank you buffetoflies for getting this thread back on topic.

Ladies and gentlemen, can we please discuss the subject here, not resort to making personal attacks on the original poster. It seems that a few of you need a refresher course on the rules you all agreed to abide by when you joined this site, so please follow this link and read them. I would like to particularly draw your attention to these:

5. Etiquette

In the interests of maintaining constructive and friendly discussions:

• 5a. Personal attacks: Attack the point being presented, not the person who is making it.
  • 5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.
  • 5c. Personal scrutiny: Do not attack or scrutinise another member's intelligence, mental status or personal/educational background.

I would suggest that in future you have any problems understanding a post by any member that you politely ask them to clarify what they mean. It's so much nicer than triggering a flame war.

Thank you.

Hello Factoid -- and welcome to UM. Don't take too much notice of the *few* posters who have not been very nice in replying to your post. You will find that most folks here are quite easy to get along with. :)

Regards Fullers Park in Athens Texas, where you live: I came across some websites (see below) that you may like to read. I hope that information helps you in your search. :tu:

Happy searching, and let us know what you find,

Karlis

-=-=-

Underground Tunnel Network An interesting urban legend of Athens, TX is that there is an underground tunnel system directly under the city. The legend is that the tunnels are in the shape of a pentagram and each of the five entrances into the tunnel system are marked by the points of the pentagram, with the courthouse being at the center of the star. > read more here

Fuller Family Cemetery is located within Fuller Park, which is located off Gibson road in Athens, Texas. The two people buried here are enclosed with an iron gate with a large iron fence around them. The only visible graves are that of Medford Lee Fuller (1875-1944) and his wife Virginia McClelland Fuller (? -1938). Fuller park as been shrouded with mystery ever since Mr. Fuller erected the park in 1938 (after the death of Virginia Fuller). Fuller Park is said to house one of the five entrances to the underground network of tunnels that reside under the city of Athens, Texas. Rumors regarding Fuller Park are in great abundance. They range between entrances into a tunnel system all the way to the "virgin stone" fence that surrounds the park. > story here

Spooky stories and local legends of Athens, Tx >Some more interesting reports here

now i dont think it was lbj but i think lbj had some thing to do with it he hired some one to do it or him he wanted the presidentsy more than ever

:mellow: