Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

May 21, 2011 Jesus Is Coming Back

ThePitOfReason

Make no mistake I'm a Christian but to be bold enough to pick a date based on what you think the scripture reads Jesus will return? I'm not going along for this ride folks. I feel like he will return one day but not in our life time. Some say soon and have for many years now but some are saying on May 21st 2011 check out this news link.

http://www.ajc.com/lifestyle/billboard-campaign-claims-jesus-771570.html

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• TrueBeliever

• Marcion Meets E. Sibyl

• IamsSon

Lol could it be the coming of the anti christ or is the anti christ hoopla all just a scam because the jews although speaking of jesus as a good sould did not believe him to be the true christ, so christians constantly trying to protect their religion came up with an idea that anyone claiming to be the true christ, which would completely nullify christianity if it were true, would be immediately labeled as the antichrist. Just so christianity could survive.

I'm not to sure about this answer. The jews predated christianity, and while the old testament remains the same. The difference if we have to pick one, is that the jews are waiting for their messiah and the christians already have theirs. Who is wrong? The jews or the christians? They share the same god. Would god pass judgment on the jews for not accepting his son or would the christians be judged because of worshiping a false idol? I would hope that if true all would be allowed into heaven without judgment. But were that the case, doesn't that make these religions pointless? if we get into the kingdom of heaven no matter our beliefs. on the flipside if only one is true then does that mean that a ton of good people will be condemned to hell? Since the beliefs in heaven and hell are shared? that would make god not such a good being as god is exemplified.

So the conclusion is this to me. Either religion is a bunch of bullhonky and god will not judge you.

Or...

God is an elitist that will condemn a lot of good people for the sake of what they were taught to believe.

Hmmm. Not a very pleasant situation.

What are your thoughts.

Well if he does return, and if he shows everyone the love, healing, and encouragement he did the first time around, would that not be great?

It would be awsome if this does happen. The world could do with a visit from Jesus.

This reminds me of a story my mother told me back in 1978 or 79. She was working for a drug and alcohol rehab some where in the greater LA Cal area. One of her clients was a member of a small church and the pastor of that church had told his congragation that God had told him that he would be coming on a certin date that year. So all the members of the church were asked by the pastor to sell everything they owned, close all bank accounts and turn it all over to him a day or so before the second coming and he would put all the money into the Salvation Army for the poor. On the day before Jesus was going to show up and take them all home, the members got together and turned over all their money to the pastor and they all cooked a huge "last super" and readied themselvs for the coming of the lord. They all show up in the area that God told them to go to to wait. They ended up waiting for almost an entire week!! Soon they figured out that the only thing "comeing" for them was embarassment! The pastor vanished with all the money and was never seen again and the fools that waited for 7 days went to find the Salvation Army to help them put their lives back together! I would like to see what the billboards say on May 22, 2011. If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, then its probably Fishy!

Rocketgirl B)

This reminds me of a story my mother told me back in 1978 or 79. She was working for a drug and alcohol rehab some where in the greater LA Cal area. One of her clients was a member of a small church and the pastor of that church had told his congragation that God had told him that he would be coming on a certin date that year. So all the members of the church were asked by the pastor to sell everything they owned, close all bank accounts and turn it all over to him a day or so before the second coming and he would put all the money into the Salvation Army for the poor. On the day before Jesus was going to show up and take them all home, the members got together and turned over all their money to the pastor and they all cooked a huge "last super" and readied themselvs for the coming of the lord. They all show up in the area that God told them to go to to wait. They ended up waiting for almost an entire week!! Soon they figured out that the only thing "comeing" for them was embarassment! The pastor vanished with all the money and was never seen again and the fools that waited for 7 days went to find the Salvation Army to help them put their lives back together! I would like to see what the billboards say on May 22, 2011. If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, then its probably Fishy!

Rocketgirl B)

I remember as a young girl sitting in church week after week listening to people almost cry when they said Jesus was coming soon!! In their lifetime! Others were red faced and angry raling against the sinners of the world!! Everyone was so sure and so convinced in their lifetime they would see Jesus, It is a mental disorder. My mother to this day PRAYS for the end of the world. And criticises ME for NOT doing so on the basis that I MUST enjoy the sin and I 'just want to do my own thing and reject the Lord.' It is madness, hysteria and a short spell on antopsychotics would surely improve the lot of these people. I am not trying to be mean though I know I will be taken that way. Religion has so many dangers. When reason and logic are suspended and even outright rejected very dangerous ideoligies come into play. With modern day science and technology a bunch of nitwits that crave an apocalyptic event to 'prove' they are right about God, the Bible, their beliefs, are going to try and at least have a self fulfilling prophecy come true, I mean they have nuclear weapons at their disposal. The madness with religious extremists knows no bounds. And now science in the wrong hands may destroy us all.

So the conclusion is this to me. Either religion is a bunch of bullhonky and god will not judge you.

Or...

God is an elitist that will condemn a lot of good people for the sake of what they were taught to believe.

Hmmm. Not a very pleasant situation.

What are your thoughts.

Here's hoping option one is the correct one!....On a side note, if Jesus did indeed exist and he comes back, I think he might be a bit ticked off about the way many of his "followers" are behaving :devil:

jesus will come back but as you said not in are life time plus the rise of the anticrist has not acurred yet well inless you count obama but im a full christion beliver of god and as much as i wish he wold come he wont plush scripter say jesus will not come on days picked buy man nore shale the world end

And exactly how many religious predictions have ever come true?

Clue: less than one.

:tu: This reminds me of an old family friend who I consider went off the deep end. This guy has always been religious; I can remember a time when I was little helping hand out those annoying devotional booklets in front of the Toledo Zoo. Anyway I digress; this individual received a buyout plan from Jeep, which he took and he used the money to purchase a huge van. He used the rest of the money to turn the van into a preaching mobile in which he drives around preaching about the end of the world and the second coming of Christ which is coming in 2012, he claims that there are clues in the Bible. He sold his house and lives on the road. Freaking insane.

Hope he also brings back jim Morrison, and Jerry Garcia.

This is going to be very bad for the bible belt christians.... the rest of us will see these billboards and just lump all ya'll christians together. And when it does not happen... and it wont... Christianity is going to look very stupid.

I would like to repeat what someone else posted on this forum...exactly what time zone are they referring to? Will he come on the 20th for some and 21st for others? Or will it be the 21st for some and the 22nd for others? :hmm:

Geez...

I remember as a young girl sitting in church week after week listening to people almost cry when they said Jesus was coming soon!! In their lifetime! Others were red faced and angry raling against the sinners of the world!! Everyone was so sure and so convinced in their lifetime they would see Jesus, It is a mental disorder. My mother to this day PRAYS for the end of the world. And criticises ME for NOT doing so on the basis that I MUST enjoy the sin and I 'just want to do my own thing and reject the Lord.' It is madness, hysteria and a short spell on antopsychotics would surely improve the lot of these people. I am not trying to be mean though I know I will be taken that way. Religion has so many dangers. When reason and logic are suspended and even outright rejected very dangerous ideoligies come into play. With modern day science and technology a bunch of nitwits that crave an apocalyptic event to 'prove' they are right about God, the Bible, their beliefs, are going to try and at least have a self fulfilling prophecy come true, I mean they have nuclear weapons at their disposal. The madness with religious extremists knows no bounds. And now science in the wrong hands may destroy us all.

Now, why would anybody think you're trying to be mean? Could it have anything to do with the simple-minded generalizations? Nah! After all, if someone posted saying all atheists are psychologically weak pseudo intellectuals with daddy issues permanently stuck in a teenage rebellious stage, no one would think that was inconsiderate or mean, right? I'm sure you especially wouldn't, right?

Make no mistake I'm a Christian but to be bold enough to pick a date based on what you think the scripture reads Jesus will return? I'm not going along for this ride folks. I feel like he will return one day but not in our life time. Some say soon and have for many years now but some are saying on May 21st 2011 check out this news link.

"According to WeCanKnow.com, following the rapture for believers on May 21, God will destroy the world on Oct. 21, 2011."

A Brief History of the Apocalypse

Just another "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" story...

Now, why would anybody think you're trying to be mean? Could it have anything to do with the simple-minded generalizations? Nah! After all, if someone posted saying all atheists are psychologically weak pseudo intellectuals with daddy issues permanently stuck in a teenage rebellious stage, no one would think that was inconsiderate or mean, right? I'm sure you especially wouldn't, right?

Until you have witnessed first hand the horrors that religion causes you woul dnever be able to understand my anger at it. If you saw a child being physically harmed I would assume you would rush to its aid and not be concerned with being polite and kind and 'open minded'. .You would KNOW what was happening was wrong. Well, when I see kids being mind effed I feel just a strongly that intervention is needed, but the abuse I am forced to witness is protected by laws and popular opinion that it s hands off the religions!! It is a grand freedom and this country was founded on it and yada yada blah blah. You have been obviously lulled into thinking religion is harmless 'if used right'..........the moderates are just as responsible IMO for furtherig our demise as the extremist. Maybe you just do not comprehend what many 'believers' are up to...or you hav no understanding of self-fulfilling prophesy? Many believers are hell bent on having themselves an Apocalypse and gand ole Armageddon...and they are very very committed. The most committed wins, and in sane reasonable world many believers would be committed for psychosis, delusions of grandeur and severe psychological trauma...BUT since it is widely accepted and since respected to a higher degree than you feel it is..........we still have to watch children being psychologically abused and physically abused too...ya know how the Bible is quoted for everythign spare the rod spoil the child! Yes, organized religious believers make me angry, sad and very frustrated. I hate seeing abuse of young minds, little children thraetened with burning in flams of hell, women put in 'their place' gays killed and bullied, and the Bible always has something supportive to say about it................even if it does contradict itself later with somnething kinder, tamer to say.

You obviously have NO IDEA the damage religious belief has wrecked on society. Well, some of us have experienced it and we see through the lies and the insanity.

Atheists have been far more overgeneralized and treated badly than a believer......well except for those 'believers' who triedto educate themselves through observatio of facts around them, they were heretics and sentenced to torture. NOw I imagine you believe yourself a kinder gentler saner believer.....good for you. I say the Bible is destructive force int he world. Just because many ignore al of the verse and 'inspired' teachings doen't mean many others aren't literally trying to create a world just like the good ole days....

religion poisons everything. I think man has outgrown its need for it and it is time to move on.......if you don't feel you are the kind of 'believer' I am speakig of move on lol.......get over it already. Christians for so long received so much deference and unwarranted respect it galls em to think anyone would speak to them openly and hoestly about things.

QUESTION: Do you find any dangers in religion at all?

Matthew 24:36 says that no one will know the day and hour, not the angels or Jesus. That seems a bit odd for the trinity, but so be it.

Ronald Reagan believed that the second coming would be during his presidency.

It seems to me that every generation believs that they will see the "Rapture" in their life. Even the men who wrote the bible thought they would see the return of Jesus in their day. Every time the century changes people get all worked up about the end of the world. Here is a funny story about that, it happend to me and to this day I still laugh at how silly I must have looked.

In 1980 Mt. St. Hellens blew her top in Washington State. I was living there at the time and a very devout christian too. I woke up about 12 noon that day and it was so very dark out side I did think it was about 5 in the morning. I looked outside and saw the most frieghtening thing I have ever seen! The ash clouds were so strange looking and they were litterally touching the tops of the powerlines! I freaked out! I had no idea that the volcano had erupted! I thought it was the second coming! I really truely believed that Jesus had come and taken his children home! What really freaked me out was, I was still here!!! Why wouldn't Jesus take me? What had I done? I was crying and praying at the same time! I was begging Jesus to please take me! My husband came into the room and saw how upset I was and he said the did not think it was god, but maybe.

At the time, the single most christian woman I knew was my mother in law. So I thought, "If god was going to take anybody he would take her first!" So I called her! I was so happy to hear her voice on the phone!! I asked her if it was the Rapture, she laughed at me and said, "Sweety, the volcano blew up!! It is ash clouds you are seeing!" Boy did I feel silly!! The point is, I truly believed it WAS the rapture. I can see how these people could believe they have the date of the rapture. I do not for one minute believe that it will happen as I am no longer a follower of the religious hogwash, but I can relate to how they view this.

That day will come and go and soon they will come up with a new date, and it will no doubt be 12/20/12 as this seems to be the end of the world date everyone is freaking out over! This will be the case for many more "comming dates" in the future until people finally figure out that christianity is a bunch of chicken-pucky and finally start thinking for themselves.

Rocketgirl B)

good to have you back on the side of reason rocket girl!!

Until you have witnessed first hand the horrors that religion causes you woul dnever be able to understand my anger at it. If you saw a child being physically harmed I would assume you would rush to its aid and not be concerned with being polite and kind and 'open minded'. .You would KNOW what was happening was wrong. Well, when I see kids being mind effed I feel just a strongly that intervention is needed, but the abuse I am forced to witness is protected by laws and popular opinion that it s hands off the religions!! It is a grand freedom and this country was founded on it and yada yada blah blah. You have been obviously lulled into thinking religion is harmless 'if used right'..........the moderates are just as responsible IMO for furtherig our demise as the extremist. Maybe you just do not comprehend what many 'believers' are up to...or you hav no understanding of self-fulfilling prophesy? Many believers are hell bent on having themselves an Apocalypse and gand ole Armageddon...and they are very very committed. The most committed wins, and in sane reasonable world many believers would be committed for psychosis, delusions of grandeur and severe psychological trauma...BUT since it is widely accepted and since respected to a higher degree than you feel it is..........we still have to watch children being psychologically abused and physically abused too...ya know how the Bible is quoted for everythign spare the rod spoil the child! Yes, organized religious believers make me angry, sad and very frustrated. I hate seeing abuse of young minds, little children thraetened with burning in flams of hell, women put in 'their place' gays killed and bullied, and the Bible always has something supportive to say about it................even if it does contradict itself later with somnething kinder, tamer to say.

You obviously have NO IDEA the damage religious belief has wrecked on society. Well, some of us have experienced it and we see through the lies and the insanity.

Atheists have been far more overgeneralized and treated badly than a believer......well except for those 'believers' who triedto educate themselves through observatio of facts around them, they were heretics and sentenced to torture. NOw I imagine you believe yourself a kinder gentler saner believer.....good for you. I say the Bible is destructive force int he world. Just because many ignore al of the verse and 'inspired' teachings doen't mean many others aren't literally trying to create a world just like the good ole days....

religion poisons everything. I think man has outgrown its need for it and it is time to move on.......if you don't feel you are the kind of 'believer' I am speakig of move on lol.......get over it already. Christians for so long received so much deference and unwarranted respect it galls em to think anyone would speak to them openly and hoestly about things.

You've justified your hatred very nicely! Way to go! I mean you had to resort to generalization and focusing on the worst things and act like they are the norm, and also had to assume that because you think religious beliefs are bad then teaching them to kids is brainwashing, but hey, we all know they're evil so who cares what kinds of mental gymnastics we have to go through to justify our hatred for them.

I hope any time someone comes on UM and spews all kinds of stupidities about atheists to justify their disdain and hatred you will be the first in line to support them! :tu:

QUESTION: Do you find any dangers in religion at all?
Of course, humans have an incredible capacity to find ways to abuse almost anything. I have a friend who can take the ingredients for making bread and use them to make explosives, does that mean bread-making is bad? Edited by IamsSon

You would think that after being wrong so many times before about the coming of Christ they would let it go. Seems to be that just like to be in the limelight as much as possible.